Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life - Business (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life (54908 Views)

Share Your Worst Experience About Online Businesses That You've Done Before. / Share Your Worst Business Experience / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Twizzy30(m): 1:17am On Nov 01, 2020
ostinz:
2 odd Korea vs Germany 2018 WC
Guy which option you play?? Because Germany straight win no reach 1.4 sef
that guy nick na madibah lienus. He has been caught several times lying unprovoked on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Preshob(m): 1:41am On Nov 01, 2020
This post really broke me!! I'm legit crying here while reading through the thread. The suffering in this country is just too much. How our leaders turn blind eyes to our predicaments baffles me.....how are they so wicked and mean?? many graduates without nothing to do, no work, nothing nothing and I fall in this category....it's just too depressing. I'm too broke and angry right now to even share any experience I've had in the past. Please anybody that can help connect me to any work in Aba, Ph and environs, I'll be eternally grateful. I'm a graduate of Biochemistry (2.1).

To the guys helping people here, God bless ya'll!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Oluwahelpme(m): 1:42am On Nov 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Fireson: 1:46am On Nov 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 01, 2020
Looking for 100 naira on the floor to buy fufu for mg pregnant wife after using 9m for wedding. Thank God I'm back . I bless God

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 01, 2020
So I took my time to read all post of 24 pages on this thread. I was very emotional at some point, and I laughed really hard at some point. I can relate to almost all broke moments on this thread, especially those ones of university days. Hunger isn't something anyone can put up with, no matter how hardened you are, all the hardness isn't for hunger. Hunger has the will power to break anyone. People are really suffering. Chatinent, somehow among others, may God replenish you...

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 01, 2020
HomerTimpson:
you know,i understand you but you didn't have to sound heartless,just so you know am using tecno T605 its just unlimited browsing with any mtn sim,you think i'd be using android phone and be hungry But since you are smart in your own eyes just pray to GOD for my kind of situation right now. Peace

Come and mentor me abeg.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 2:25am On Nov 01, 2020
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:
how come you gave a moniker with just a single post on this thread 6k ?
How come? When there are well over 20 people with more information than him?

Cc Mariangeles somehow

He can give whatever amount he decides to anyone. He has no obligation to give anyone money. He's doing it out of his free will, and you dare question him?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mrscarter(f): 2:58am On Nov 01, 2020
YoungGeniuz:

It helps me alot

Yeah U learn strategy.
Ion know how to play

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mrscarter(f): 3:40am On Nov 01, 2020
chikago1:

Thanks for your kind words. I am winning my fight against suicidal thoughts one step at a time.

I understand I been there myself.
Always remember U have ppl who love you and there's only one of you in this whole world n God gave U life n isn't for U to take away from that.
No matter what things will get better n as long as Ur alive there's hope

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Humblesam(m): 4:43am On Nov 01, 2020
faith551:

Wow. Finally i see someone with a conscience like mine. It can be terrible sometimes i swear. I had same experience years ago. It was a little kid, i had #100 left on a Saturday morning, the kid looked really hungry. I didnt know how to look for change. I just closed my eyes and passed the more i walked the more the beating increased, i looked back and saw some fine ladies coming when i wanted to go back and give the boy the money. My mind was telling me not to (it would look like show off, that was more like an excuse tho). Long story short i had to go back after getting home to search for that little boy. I felt like a heavy burden was lifted off me after that although the next two days were hell for me.
I see my conscience as a blesing sometimes cause i have quite the temper.

That was amazing of you. It's always a blessing to give than to receive.
It might tarry but surely you'll be rewarded somehow someday Sir.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mrscarter(f): 4:50am On Nov 01, 2020
chatinent:
Hello fam,

At one point or the other, we have been broke. Do share what it was like and how you overcame it. Share the challenge too.

Mine: To cut it short, mine was a day I'll never forget. sad A bank rubbbished me by blocking my account and giving me procedures plus I was in a new location.

That very day made me realize that food is the only necessity in life. Hungered for three whole days! Was literally shaking like a drunken master. All my legs felt numb. I began remembering the good old days I ate good food.

I nearly licked toothpaste. sad

I broke a vow to never beg that day.

#Hungerbad.

It amazes me that girls with new nails n new weave can be crying for food money:/
I have a friend she does the same. Buys diff weave all the time, lashes, nails and makeup n waist trainer n two days later cries of hunger:/
I don't like girls like that. There's ppl who need it more but they waste money on uneccasary things when they have no money for food. Fishbrain girls
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by DebTem(f): 5:23am On Nov 01, 2020
Humblesam:

Sorry for getting to you this late, my bank network was very poor...
I just managed to do what I can do now..
So don't worry, trust God and hope for the best!
Manage that n bless God.

For EVERY happiness,for every laughter,for every smile I felt yesterday... May it return to you and your household a THOUSAND FOLD. I am more than grateful. THANK YOU.

PS:sorry for replying this late(I received the alert yesterday),but I had a flat battery
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by TheSERAPH: 5:25am On Nov 01, 2020
Toks2008:
You can never understand what it really means to be broke until you have seen millions before experiencing hardship.

From a millionaire at 26 to nothing after I had a terrible autocrash that left me incapacitated for months and It happened shortly after I had invested so much in getting a new office apartment and bought some computers for a cyber cafe business in those days when it was still the real deal.

I spent more than a year recuperating and I became so broke that I was drinking water from morning till night yet nobody knew cos I was always full of smiles. A case of seriously suffering and smiling and I became so lean. The worst part was that I'm the type who hardly disturbs anyone with my problems.

I sold all I had just to feed and the office I rented became a waste cos I was not in good shape to go anywhere.

It got to a point that I called a food hawker in my area and secretly begged her to start selling food for me just once a day that any day I have money...i was not even sure when I will have but surprisingly she said she will be giving me free... It was as if I won a jackpot.

GOD BLESS HER WHERE EVER SHE MAY BE and too Bad I can't even identify her anymore.

No matter what you are going through today please be positive cos weeping may last for a time but you will surely overcome.

Hmmmmm! What a nostalgic feeling.

Isnt there a way we can find her?

I am intrested to pay her back the good deeds

she did               
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by DebTem(f): 5:27am On Nov 01, 2020
mikeybrainy:
which phone are you using You can also use mtn sim too,you know?
Thanks a lot. I've resolved it. I can now use the daily free MB
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Humblesam(m): 5:40am On Nov 01, 2020
DebTem:

For EVERY happiness,for every laughter,for every smile I felt yesterday... May it return to you and your household a THOUSAND FOLD. I am more than grateful. THANK YOU.

PS:sorry for replying this late(I received the alert yesterday),but I had a flat battery

We bless God... It will get better for us all someday.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by DebTem(f): 6:09am On Nov 01, 2020
Humblesam:

We bless God... It will get better for us all someday.

Thank you sooo much once again.
I never believed I could get help from here. Since people hardly believe each other anymore,because of scammers.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Esji80(m): 6:11am On Nov 01, 2020
May God ease our affairs

It is not easy

This life no balance at all

No matter what you are going through someone is going through worse than that

Glorify The Most High Lord and keep struggling

There will surely be light at the end of the tunnel
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Akanimoh113(m): 6:14am On Nov 01, 2020
donPhill:
that smartphone is very very important, if you see restrictions wey i just de get cos of phone, no job no money

Aswear no be only you oo
My Elder Siblings no allow me oo
Them come gimme phone where no fit Access the internet.
My Lumia phone can't do Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram. In fact it can't do so many things.
It's very Frustrating.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Opebusola(f): 6:25am On Nov 01, 2020
Opebusola:

Am honoured Sir God bless you more
2056737813 UBA Olatunde Opeyemi oluwabusola

I've not seen the money Sir Maybe I can still make it to church this morning God bless you
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Humblesam(m): 6:26am On Nov 01, 2020
DebTem:

Thank you sooo much once again.
I never believed I could get help from here. Since people hardly believe each other anymore,because of scammers.
Lot of good people here my dear.
Just some few miscreants, but it's well.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by purples25(f): 6:55am On Nov 01, 2020
Cant even count.

How many will I start talking about now ....OK I'll just talk about one of those days at school.

Was hungry for my whole birthday, if not that my room mate eventually cooked, I would have starved the whole day. I was so grateful that she cooked, i was weak. When I ate eh, my roomie was like "thought you used to select food that you like? undecided angry".

Lol

There were many other times like that anyway. The worst is being in school where everyone is a stranger and no one can help you out. Just stranded.

The birthday one is just a random reference, can't start talking about every single time here.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Iceking1(m): 7:38am On Nov 01, 2020
2016 my worse year ever, na so I dey treck long distance dey find daily work

Back then fufu was sold for 3 pieces for 50 naira, i would buy 50 naira fufu, eat one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening, all raw without soup
Just to make sure something dey my Belle

2016 a year I would never and ever forget

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mrscarter(f): 8:26am On Nov 01, 2020
Mariangeles:

You can't ask your fellow human for help even when you're "dying", but you can " conveniently" give out your last dime; what do you call that if not pride?
There's a term for people who love to "save" others, but hate to be "saved", I just don't know it yet.
They expect you to eat their food, but can't eat yours.
They love to be the saviour of others because it makes them feel good about themselves. What do you call that?
If you can't ask me for help, don't help me!

Wtf.
Sum ppl do feel good helping others so what. No matter their reasons atleast the person in need is being helped.
Jus cos someone dnt like asking for help but will help another doesn't make them a bad person undecided

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mrscarter(f): 8:29am On Nov 01, 2020
Mariangeles:

It made you feel good right? That's giving for selfish sense of importance!

Wow U again.
If U don't like it ignore it n move on.
You're acting mean and bitter.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mycoin(m): 8:52am On Nov 01, 2020
HomerTimpson:
you know,i understand you but you didn't have to sound heartless,just so you know am using tecno T605 its just unlimited browsing with any mtn sim,you think i'd be using android phone and be hungry But since you are smart in your own eyes just pray to GOD for my kind of situation right now. Peace

baba na so Nigeria dey....
pray to God to ease your suffering....

E never reach quarel bros
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by LaCremy: 9:02am On Nov 01, 2020
chatinent:

Yes sir.

Alright

I will contact you soon
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by madprophet(m): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2020
quisera:
Happened 2017 during NYSC
I invested all my money in MMM naso MMM crash with my past, present and future savings join NYSC loan wey I take to invest also. I almost died. Was left without a dime and all my paddy travel leave me base on August holiday, I was left all by myself with one Yoruba flatmate wey broke pass me. The saving grace I had that period was the vegetables and corn the indigenes planted round my lodge. Come see as I turn vegetarian automatically, surviving on corns and vegetables. Me and my guy eat without hope of the next meal, na as we see nai we dey chop. The guy man no fit bear the hunger again nai he zab leave me na once automatic fever hold me, I sick once. Laslas sha I got to control babe come, na she come survive me dat period. She was my saving grace. As my Yoruba guy hear say babe don show (base on say he knows she always come loaded) nai the idiot come back come follow me dey chop wetin she bring after leaving me to suffer alone. I told her to make sure she didn't give him anything to eat but base on good girl wey she be she had to plead with me to let it go.
I suffer that period sha

Hope say you marry the babe sha
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mrscarter(f): 9:15am On Nov 01, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:
A long Story this is.

In the late 90s, I was a young handsome young man. I just finished from the Polytechnic and I was self-employed. I be contractor i dey collect house painting jobs.

I would get the jobs and employ painters. I only directed them and supervised.

Around that time, I was a member of the British Council Library Ibadan. I used to go there to borrow books and to read.

One day, I met a pretty young lady in between the book shelves. The way she looked at me showed she was intrested in me too. So, I told her how beautiful she looked and voilà! We became friends.
Not wasting time I asked her for a lunch date and she accepted on the spot. We fixed the time for 12pm the next two days.

I was handling a house painting at that time and we were almost done with the job. I was banking on the balance payment to trip the babe who was a young Lawyer.
Somehow my balance was delayed till the same day of the lunch date. The day came and I was all dressed up.
I planned it that, I would branch at the house of my client, collect the money and leave to get my new babe.
We were supposed to meet at the British Council Library and leave from there to an eatry within town.

All dressed up, I got to the clients house to collect money and what I would hear from the man was. "Oga, your boys did not touch a particular area under the ceiling outside. Go behind the house and check." I nearly cursed the man. Why didn't he check the house before my workers left.

I went out and it was a small area under the ceiling. The house was a storey building. I had never climbed a ladder that high and if I didn't do it, I won't be paid. I checked time and I saw that I could still beat the date time.
The paint we used was still remaining and there was a brush in one of the cans. I rushed behind the house and climbed the ladder. I kept praying and calling Jesus to help me so I won't fall. It was my first time climbing that high.

In minutes I was through. My cloth don dirty small but I no mind. Make I just collect myoney and fly out.

I collected the money rushed out and picked a taxi, to cut the long story short I was ten minutes late and rimmediately I got there, I rushed inside the library. I looked everywhere but the babe no dey.
I walked out and greeted the security guys. They knew me and the girl too. " bros wetin happen " one of them said.
"I have a date with a lady I supposed to meet at 12pm," I told them .

"Is it the Lawyer" the security asked.

"Yes the Lawyer" I answered wondering how they guessed right despite the crowd that throng the place.

"Aah! no wonder she dressed well today and we were even teasing her," they said and my heart sank.

"She has gone," one of them said.
"You too why didn't you come on time?" One of them asked and I told them I was delayed somewhere.

It was 12:10pm and I was only 10minutes late.

There was no mobile phone but they had a land phone so I took another taxi drop to the NITEL office at another end of town.

When I called it was her brother that picked it. "Jumoke is not around" he said.
My mind told me she was disappointed. That she only did.not want to speak to me.
But is it this bad? I asked myself

I did not leave NITEL office and I called again and again telling the guy to help me tell her I was sorry. But this lady didn't pick my call.

Eventually, I left for home angry with myself. I should have borrowed money and make the date to pay back when I collect the balance from my client.

That was how I lost the babe because I was broke.

It was a big lesson for me.

Never allow a girl get to the venue of a date before you. Dont make a lady wait.

They believe it makes them look desperate and cheap.

10minutes of lateness and she took me as unserious . That was unfair.

If U like a guy U dnt mind waiting. Sum girls form pride n think they too good to wait:-/
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mrscarter(f): 9:16am On Nov 01, 2020
Rajahbite:
My current situation is very dim, can't even share the experience because right now I'm contemplating suicide because of 70K loan I borrowed for my daughter's surgical operation that I don't have the means to pay back now that it is long overdue

How will Ur death help Ur daughter?
Things have a way of working out.
Gud luck

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mrscarter(f): 9:17am On Nov 01, 2020
Babawale01:

Hungerbad is dead.
His footprint still all over NL.
One of the nicest on this forum.

Did he die?
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by ChukChinCol(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2020
I am always broke. No be joke. I have plenty sorry stories at my finger tip. Let me not go far, this one happened during the lockdown. Before the lockdown I have no savings. So inside the lockdown was hell. I eat just once a day by parasiting my friends. I have this neighbor who believe in me so much. He knows that I am broke and shy, he never eat without calling me. But he is married with 3 kids. At times when he invites me to come eat with him, his kids like eating with daddy, they will come and put hand even if they have already eaten. I have no choice but to join the family and eat. And this my guy is just an okada man. His bike is deadbeat. But he has a large heart. There is another woman selling restaurant around. That woman is my second saviour. Every evening they will boil and pound banga against tomorrow soup. The kernel they throw near my window. Do you know I wait desperately for these kernels, as soon as they throw it around 8-9pm I will go and pick all and hide it somewhere because by tomorrow morning my compound children will feast on them. In the morning I will carry my hammer, enter backyard and begin to deal with the kernels one by one. I swallow both the juice and the chaff. Then I drink enough water and that's my breakfast. Then I wait for my okada friend for my lunch or dinner. This routine happened for months not days.
#hungerbad

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29) (Reply)

How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? / How Can I Invest A N100,000 And Make Profit Without Working / Thugs Attack Desmond Elliot In Lagos, Gunshots Fired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.