Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,551 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example (33249 Views)

Governors Should Follow Suit On 60% Travel Delegation Slash — Shehu Sani / Labor Party: I Think The Enugu Campaign Rally Is The Biggest One So Far / What President Buhari Told 36 State Governors In Closed Door Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
bigcasava1:
atleast warri is nothing compare to it.

Why are you pain by my comment, it is a scam to have used that as a case study because every state needs to be equalized

1 Like

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by annyz: 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
ckenneths:
Our environments say a lot about our level of development. I think that its high time Nigerian governments at different levels should start making conscious efforts towards development our states infrastructure as well as its aesthetics.
Enugu is one state that has sustained their efforts in this regard. We also want the residents, landlords and tenants to go a step further in making our cities in every state to be beautiful. We love beauty.

Please show us Obiagu or Awkunanaw road both in Enugu main town.

1 Like

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Jonathan39: 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
And where is this nonsense from? Any link to this? Peter Obi remains the best Governor the east has produced
RuudVanNisteroy:

Stop celebrating mediocre and corrupt governors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Jonathan39: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2020
I like your argument and the way you presented it. Thumbs up to you
ChimaAdeoye:

If Obiano completes the Anambra Intl. airport, the Awka stadium, and the International Conference center, then added to his flyover, agricultural revolution, completion of the Agulu hotel and malls, I think Obiano would have done extremely excellently!

Only time will tell if Obiano can be in the class of failure administrators or in the class of legends that transformed their states despite the difficulties.

2 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
Let's continue

This area is the newly developing part of town around new market Enugu. It could be accessed through the express road, opposite the Golf estates.........

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 7:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
This area is rapidly developing, and land costs are shooting upwards.......

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Kollyman: 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
ckenneths:
Our environments say a lot about our level of development. I think that its high time Nigerian governments at different levels should start making conscious efforts towards development our states infrastructure as well as its aesthetics.

Enugu is one state that has sustained their efforts in this regard. We also want the residents, landlords and tenants to go a step further in making our cities in every state to be beautiful. We love beauty.

Showing concern for an environment goes beyond planting trees in few urban centres.

Enugu is a city where people are being poisoned everyday with the quality of foods made available for consumption to the public.

For instance, go to the back of Old Artisan Market, off Ogui road, you will see how tyres are used to burn meats that are sold to the General public. Those guys supply meat to the entire Enugu urban from New haven to Independence Layout, GRA to mention but a few. Very early in the morning, you will see other meat sellers (retailers) assembled in numbers to pickup the poisonous meats ment to be sold to the public. I wonder how people who leaves around that area survive as I have witnessed over 50 tyres used in burning meats in just one day during one of my visits.

My interactions with the people around the area confirmed that several complaint have been made to the state ministry of environment and health but their officers only come around to collect money from the meat sellers without any iota of care for the General public.

Before you begin to insult me, please visit the place very early in the morning to confirm my claim.

Though I have stopped eating meat in Enugu till I am done with what I came for but I felt it is improper to just look away.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by vanbonattel: 8:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
Kollyman:

Showing concern for an environment goes beyond planting trees in few urban centres.

Enugu is a city where people are being poisoned everyday with the quality of foods made available for consumption to the public.

For instance, go to the back of Old Artisan Market, off Ogui road, you will see how tyres are used to burn meats that are sold to the General public. Those guys supply meat to the entire Enugu urban from New haven to Independence Layout, GRA to mention but a few. Very early in the morning, you will see other meat sellers (retailers) assembled in numbers to pickup the poisonous meats ment to be sold to the public. I wonder how people who leaves around that area survive as I have witnessed over 50 tyres used in burning meats in just one day during one of my visits.

My interactions with the people around the area confirmed that several complaint have been made to the state ministry of environment and health but their officers only come around to collect money from the meat sellers without any iota of care for the General public.

Before you begin to insult me, please visit the place very early in the morning to confirm my claim.

Though I have stopped eating meat in Enugu till I am done with what I came for but I felt it is improper to just look away.

Hater. You are just a bitter fellow.

Tell bus b us one city in Your Useless Nigeria where all the above practice is not prevalent.

Your hate will consume you one day. grin

4 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by DigitB: 8:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
I'm happy that many people that commented didn't mention the name of the incumbent governor of Enugu

All those pictures above are the achievements of the former governor, Mr Sullivan Chime.

But right now Enugu's infrastructures are fast deteriorating especially roads. Thanks to the glutton of a governor that was imposed on us.

I weep for Enugu sha. Who knows what this city will become before 2023?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 8:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ogui road Enugu. . . Still very smooth roads.

All these pictures are from October 2020

6 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by vanbonattel: 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
nengibo:
Nice one from 042
I am happy with what am seeing in this thread. Enugu is growing.

3 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
Around New market Enugu, the new housing estates there are growing with multiple new buildings.......

6 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
More of the same area around new market Enugu

3 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Proeast2: 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
Kollyman:

You have a point, but I bet you virtually all over Nigeria, those butchers at various slaughter houses burn tyres to roast kpomo/kanda. Be it in Lagos, Abuja, P.H, Kano etc. that's what they do so it is not peculiar to Enugu. If you refuse to eat meat in Enugu because of that, then you should equally not eat meat again anywhere in Nigeria.

There are actually 1000 ways to die in Nigeria grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 8:25pm On Nov 01, 2020
Union bank building in Enugu city....... Garden Avenue, Enugu.

7 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
Inside Abakpa nike Enugu..

4 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
A street waiting for works at Trans Ekulu Enugu. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bricks layout Enugu. It looks like every part of Enugu is clean and green.

5 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by DrGoodman: 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
Kollyman:

you want to blame the thing that happens all over Nigeria on Enugu?

This shows me that Enugu is ahead of other cities.

10 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
A street at GRA Enugu cheesy

Very green.

10 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2020
Abakpa Nike Enugu city. I know some people will be surprised to hear that this is still the old Abakpa Nike.

6 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by DrGoodman: 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2020
SmartPolician:

Stop living in a cloud cuckoo land.

Enugu is beyond Independence Layout

Gwurugwuru has been a terrible governor

He hasn't been able to manage the beautiful state that former governor Sullivan Chime handed over to him.

You don't know anything. Gburugburu main mandate is Nsukka and not enugu. You are a stranger.

4 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by MansoryMX(m): 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
Na so una snap photos of Owerri. Owerri fine Owerri fine, I reach there na nonsense I dey see. Pothole roads and 6000 hotels with one small hut as government healthcare centre. To make matter worst na underage girls of 13-75 be ashawo for Owerri. The one wey dem carry me make I knack, na from the hotel lobby i begin perceive the rotten fish odor oozing out in between her legs before she gets to my room in Bon Tripod hotel. Las las na one cute fair Worker for one eatery I knack. I will make plans to enter Enugu and see for myself

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by missblunt(f): 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
okeyglm:
I wonder why a grown up man will come to Internet and spilling trash. this area is just 1% of the entire city. mostly around govt house and few area of gra. Every state in Nigeria have it.

Please tell them.. they should show us Obiagu and Abakpa...
Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
MansoryMX:
Na so una snap photos of Owerri. Owerri fine Owerri fine, I reach there na nonsense I dey see. Pothole roads and 6000 hotels with one small hut as government healthcare centre. To make matter worst na underage girls of 13-75 be ashawo for Owerri. The one wey dem carry me make I knack, na from the hotel lobby i begin perceive the rotten fish odor oozing out in between her legs before she gets to my room in Bon Tripod hotel. Las las na one cute fair Worker for one eatery I knack. I will make plans to enter Enugu and see for myself

2 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Karlman: 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
oneeast:

PORT HARCOURT, kano, kaduna, Calabar and Enugu started out almost the same time as either provincial centres or regional centres, but today you dare not put Enugu on the same list of development with those cities. Those cities have gone from being just civil servants cities to economic power houses that parades massive infrastructural developments, FLYOVERS, bridges, multnational companies, boisterous thriving commercial and industrial centres etc.

While Enugu is still stuck in the colonial era, celebrating nonsense as achievement.

Rather than cry up and down here like rabid dog why not create another thread for your other imaginary capitals

Oaf!

9 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by ckenneths(m): 8:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
Thinkers corner Enugu

7 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Karlman: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
oneeast:

You may be partly right, but at least you can see massive infrastructural developments going on in PORT HARCOURT. I saw this video yesterday, it made frontpage. Wike is doing about 5 of this a across the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_wrHa3ATeU
You're dumb and I hate dumb fellows

How much is PH allocation?
Pls get the fork outa here
Mumu

12 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by heniford2: 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
ckenneths:
This area is rapidly developing, and land costs are shooting upwards.......
lies guy why u dey lie naw we stay in enugu but this present governor is useless total useless we are waiting for him 2023 QED

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by DrGoodman: 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
Karlman:

Rather than cry up and down here like rabid dog why not create another thread for your other imaginary capitals

Oaf!

They don't have any other better cities, they are just annoyed that an Igbo state is doing better than the hole they crawled out from grin

8 Likes

Re: State Governors Should Pay More Attention To The Environment: The Enugu Example by Karlman: 9:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Don't celebrate mediocrity, there is no reason why Port Harcourt should not rival Windhoek,Capetown or Johanessburg atter 20 years of democratic rule and receiving 13% oil derivation.
Why are you wasting yoir energy
That dude is dumb as bag if sand

Akwa ibom. Delta. Rivers should be like jborg if resources where put to proper use

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs (Photos) / Kwankwaso Tell Ganduje He Will Regret At The End Of His Tenure / 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.