Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge (52254 Views)

Northern Food And Cattle Dealers Threaten To Stop Food Supply Nationwide / You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell / Wike’s Claims Of FG’s Plot To Plant Guns In Rivers A ‘blatant Falsehood’ – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Naajjii: 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
tarboshi:
Who is against Nigeria break up? North.
Who is against restructuring? North.
Who is against resource control? North.
Who is against regional Government? North.

Wise up people .

They need you more than you need them.
Look this one, who destroyed the regional government we used to have before? Igbo soldiers.
Who created the present unitary system of government? Igbo Man ,Aguiyi Ironsi.
Who were the first coup plotters in Nigeria? Igbo soilders
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Jonathan39: 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
Because we have other jobs we do for a living, when the need for farming comes, we will gladly accept it. Necessity they say is the mother of all invention. They should hold onions and see south export onions next year
angelfallz:

Famine hitting the northeast in 6 months is not relevant. We in the south that don't experience famine, why are we behind the north when it comes to farming?

That question should trouble you.

1 Like

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by chaloskyx: 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
YES I AGREE KINDLY MAKE THE NORT GREAT AGAIN BY ALLOWING NIGERIA TO BREAKUP SO EACH AND EVERYONE OF US CAN BECOME GREAT IN OUR OWN WAY THANK YOU
Arrewa:
stop lying to yourself!

The south east have nothing! I mean nothing without the food from the north.

Beans we bring you beans from the north!

Rice we bring you rice from the north forget that ebonyi audio rice that can't even feed a local government.

Tomatoes na we dey give una!

Goat meat... Do you know how many trailers of goat dey enter east per day?

Cow... Na we dey give una!

I just pray this country divide.

The east will surely be at receiving end!

You have no access to the sea!

You have no fertile land for Agriculture!

Erosion is ravaging the remaining land you have!

All you guys do is to cheast beat! And make mouth!

My Generation will teach the East how to respect the north!

Just pray we divide this country sooner... Cos it's not gonna funny in future!

I am a future governor and a future king maker!

I just pray we divide soon Sha... Cos if we don't.

It's not going to be funny! Our fathers failed the north!

My Generation will never fail the north!

We shall make the north Great again

2 Likes

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by angelfallz(m): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

How do u expect a region under war to cultivate? The war scenario does not hold water.

North does not feed any region. They can as well keep d tomatoes and die of eating it. They need the money, else hunger will finish them. You can buy from Cameroon, Cotonou etc

Must u use tomatoes? We have ofe akwu stew.

I mentioned onions and tomatoes because those are the 2 foodstuffs i can vouch for, there are surely other foodstuffs as well.

i don't know about buying from cameroun and cotonou.

Lol, bro be honest how many times you wan chop ofe akwu stew?

The question that should bother you is, why is southern Nigerian reliant on the north when it comes to farming? We have land for farming, we have even better weather, yet the north farms better than the south.
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2020
YouAreFinished:

I never knew every square inch of land in the South East became a battlefield hence you couldn't farm and rather preferred to starved to death undecided

Are u aware that civilian population move when an area is captured or under bomb attack?

Let's assume u plant cassava that takes 1 yr and 6 months to fully mature in location A, and enemy forces attack location A, do u stay back bc of your cassava or u abandon it?

Many civilians farmers were killed by air raids while in the farm, markets were attacked. So the population keep moving.

Farming is d least u can think of when all able bodied men are being drafted to war front
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by BIGGESThead6: 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:
Brothers, becareful. Arewa cow herders will enter here and pretend to be Yoruba. Some will pretend to be Igbo. Becareful, focus on thr thread, arewa is the enemy, not Yoruba or Igbo.

They want to put food embargo to whole South. If not for South fulani herders will be bankrupt. Who buy cows in their hundreds in north, almajiri get money to do party or feed his community?

Arewa - poverty capital of nigeria

IGBO MAN, what does the East contribute to the Economy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Jonathan39: 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2020
The reasoning of some of you Northerners baffles me, so during a war that you don't know your next location, you go to farm? Like you plant crop today and harvest tomorrow right? That's how it is done in the North? grin grin Una go get sense by force
YouAreFinished:

I never knew every square inch of land in the South East became a battlefield hence you couldn't farm and rather starved to death undecided

2 Likes

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by angelfallz(m): 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2020
onyechez:

Charlie, forget. that was those days not now. See, if those southern governors are serious, we need a model to grow onions and tomatoes using technology, it will be very easy , if so why do we use fertilizers in farming and buy improved seeds in lab from abroad especially ?

Lol, you are right when you say if the southern governors are serious. But the truth is that, they are not serious, so therefore the threat to withdraw northern food supplies to the south would affect the south tremendously.
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Owologbo(m): 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2020
Arrewa:
I have no issues with the south south. Those guys are the Heros that derserve more than what they're gaining from the current System. But unfortunately for them... they're from the current shiit hole part of the world

The problem of Niger Delta is leaderhip not even Nigeria.

A state like Delta and Bayelsea supposed to be more developed than Abuja.

Even if we divide this country.

Some people would still suffer this same bad leadership from our current crop of African leaders.

We all have same issue all over Africa minus the white north Africans.

The black people generally have leadership problems.

But you see those politicians from the south south...

Those guys are worse!

As for Igbos reality go soon hit them

Rubbish. The prof. is talking about Niger Delta, but you and fellow parasites are masterbating on SE; one Nigeria/unity beggers.
Why not allow them (SE) to leave in peace? Let the North keep their onions and call for disintegration if they are not parasite.

3 Likes

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by deavicky(m): 8:40pm On Nov 09, 2020
Frankly every thing northerners plant can grow very well here in the south or even better than the north. Just that men here has other means to make money, But don't forget the north need the money. They also cannot consume all they grow. How many persons in the north eat beaf.

3 Likes

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Daddysidhan: 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hmmmn the desert north and its impoverished/ malnourished population are beginning to have an illusion of hyper grandeur or how do we explain the madness of kwashiorkor and meningitis ravaged north, no wonder they said the north is the highest consumer of hard drugs" ARREWA your elders and leaders knows better that is why someone like you can't ever be allowed to get to the highest level of leadership in the north. The moment any of your leaders vomits this kind of trash is the day he will be assassinated in broad daylight. The only person that can argue that the desert north feeds the mangrove rain forest south is an ALMAJIRI with a Quota system brain

4 Likes

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2020
Arrewa:
stop lying to yourself!

Rice we bring you rice from the north forget that ebonyi audio rice that can't even feed a local government.

looking at ur comments it shows that u lack wisdom!! U guys should stop supplying the so called food let see who suffer it most!!! We're still buying ur so call food's stuff and u're ravaged tribe is still most poorest state in Nigeria!!! I wish u guys will stop supplying the so called foods items

2 Likes

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by hotseat: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
This reaction of the Prof is a wakeup call to Southerners to begin to look inwards in the area of agriculture so that the overdependence on the North would be minimized or to totally call their bluff.

The North has and continues to have ready market for their farm produce down South. If shove comes to push, they will be forced to look elsewhere which would get them jolted economically.

We must all strive to make Nigeria conducive for everyone irrespective of extraneous factors that tend to divide us.
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
angelfallz:

The bolded, A lot actually.
Onions and Tomatoes for a start.

Southern Nigeria is really poor in farming compared to the north. That is a fact.

During the civil war after the Military cut off food supply to the eastern region, the war was effectively won. And we have still not learnt the lessons from that unfortunate time.
So onions and tomatoes na the food you dey chest beat about?
Na wow o.

2 Likes

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2020
angelfallz:

I mentioned onions and tomatoes because those are the 2 foodstuffs i can vouch for, there are surely other foodstuffs as well.

i don't know about buying from cameroun and cotonou.

Lol, bro be honest how many times you wan chop ofe akwu stew?

The question that should bother you is, why is southern Nigerian reliant on the north when it comes to farming? We have land for farming, we have even better weather, yet the north farms better than the south.

Go to Ebonyi state and see farming.

North don't even have arable land save for middle belt states of Benue, Nasarawa, Plateau. The core North don't farm. Their land is desert. The reason why they graze their cattle down south where the vegetation is green.

Farming is a choice, I'm a civil servant but I have fish pond, I have cassava farm, I just harvested my yam, i have plantain plantation that I harvest plantains from on weekly basis.

If the country divides, we will not die, many will go into mechanized farming. We have the skills and technological know how to produce these machineries
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by BIGGESThead6: 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2020
StrongInBed:
NORTH IS IS POORER THAN NIGER REPUBLIC THAT IS THE REASON THAT PARASITE REGION CAN NOT STAY ALONE.

DIVIDE IT.

The North will never let the East go, cause we own the East.
Only the North can give Biafra it's independence, but we won't
. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
Ogbuu101:

That is market forces for you.
But if it persists for too long, by next year, onion farms will spring up everywhere.
If I tell you no village woman in Ebonyi buys northern tomatoes, you will say I'm lying.
Beans is not a popular food in the east, especially for villagers.
Besides onions is not food. People cook food without onions and people make Banga soup and stew here without tomatoes. Besides the tomatoes we have in the market now is not from the north but grwon here in the east.
They like to feel too important.

4 Likes

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by BIGGESThead6: 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2020
StrongInBed:

WHY GIVING ATTENTION TO AN ILLITERATE FOOL THAT HIS REGION IS THE MOST BACKWARD AND POOREST IN AFRICA.

The poorest and backward Region own your Region, you are the North's property grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by YouAreFinished: 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2020
CheGuevara102:

From your Moniker one can deduce that you're finished, it's just a matter of days. You'll be gone like a puff of smoke.
If I'm not gone in "just a matter of days," what will you call yourself?
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by angelfallz(m): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2020
Jonathan39:
Because we have other jobs we do for a living, when the need for farming comes, we will gladly accept it. Necessity they say is the mother of all invention. They should hold onions and see south export onions next year

The first bolded,
Haba, that is a very wrong mentality. That mentality also goes to explain why the south is behind the north in terms of farming. We in the south look down on farming and see farming as a dirty job meant for only villagers and poor people. A nation that can't feed itself can not survive.

The second bolded,
Lol, if only it were that easy. Years of farming neglect can't be wiped out in a month or year. Why? Mentality, mentality, mentality. Our mentality is wrong, so first and foremost our mentality towards farming must change before, the farming itself would start.

So, that means the withdrawal of foodstuff supplies by the north is going to bite us hard, for years.
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by deavicky(m): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2020
I'm loooking for my post, i want to edit it i cannot find it. please if u find it please help me put "they" where it is supposed to be.

3 Likes

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Loveurneighbour: 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
Elvictor:

when you have not been to primary school, how can it be common?
Abeg, u get d certificate?
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
Lol..... Even northerners have joined the chest beaters!! I hope u guys will stand on this statement tomorrow!! Not like the other time that u guys give igbos quite notice at the end of the day! u all know how it backfired and u start denying saying such a thing!!!northerners should trade with careful to avoid the story that touches!! Without North every state can survive without patronizing from northerners

2 Likes

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Loveurneighbour: 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2020
edoairways:

Stories! If some northerners continue this madness of huddling some foodstuffs, probably the south will boycott them. Secondly most of those food stuffs grow in the South
And which one u don grow?
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2020
hotseat:
This reaction of the Prof is a wakeup call to Southerners to begin to look inwards in the area of agriculture so that the overdependence on the North would be minimized or to totally call their bluff.

The North has and continues to have ready market for their farm produce down South. If shove comes to push, they will be forced to look elsewhere which would get them jolted economically.

We must all strive to make Nigeria conducive for everyone irrespective of extraneous factors that tend to divide us.

They have a plan to blackmail the south with food. That's why they kept sending their herdsmen to destroy our farms down south and make sure we depend on their products.

This should sound a serious warning to our useless leaders to be hard on any Fulani herdsman that his herds destroy any farm in the south
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Ojukwu007(m): 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2020
'The East has no access to the sea'..the Onitsha sea port is in Arewa land, right? You must be from Niger Republic, cos a typical Hausa man is smarter than this. What a BOMBSHELL!!
Arrewa:
stop lying to yourself!

4 Likes

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by YouAreFinished: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

Ehnn good. If I show you the number of people that have died in the north due to hunger, poverty, illiteracy, hiv, insecurity, terrorism, malnutrition, infant mortality.

You go weep!
Show me the figures let's see?
Meanwhile the leaders who actually decimated you guys are still living large but it's little children who don't even know what Nigeria is that karma is after. Lol
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Loveurneighbour: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
Redcrafton:

Nothing will happen. You might be speaking for the SW, but the eastern part will be fine.

We eat plantain, yam, cocoyam, garri, local rice, egusi, ogbono, chicken, eggs, fish, goat meat, with our palm oil for soup, which are not from the north. We have Nsukka pepper.

The main thing that comes from the north is onions and may be tomatoes, which can be cultivated or imported. After all Nigeria still imports rice and beans and tomato puree, from other countries.
I hope you're not the lazy type
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by angelfallz(m): 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Go to Ebonyi state and see farming.[/b]

North don't even have arable land save for middle belt states of Benue, Nasarawa, Plateau. The core North don't farm. Their land is desert. The reason why they graze their cattle down south where the vegetation is green.

[b]Farming is a choice,
I'm a civil servant but I have fish pond, I have cassava farm, I just harvested my yam, i have plantain plantation that I harvest plantains from on weekly basis.

If the country divides, we will not die, many will go into mechanized farming. We have the skills and technological know how to produce these machineries

The first bolded,
What Ebonyi state produces is it enough for Ebonyi, is it enough for southern Nigeria? Ebonyi is just one state compared to the entire north. Does Ebonyi state produce onions and tomatoes?

The second bolded,
Yes farming is a choice, but, we in the south look down on farming that is a fact. And that is probably why we are behind the north in farming.

The third bolded,
No we wont die, but it would take years for the south to get its act together, Why? because we first need to change our mentality that makes us look down on farming, after that we now move into the real farming.
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Jonathan39: 8:56pm On Nov 09, 2020
It will not. Everything the North produce is produced in the South. Some farm produce take 6months to harvest while some 9months. Only cassava takes your to 2years, to the best of my knowledge. Without the onions from the North, the south will do fine. Most of the food consumed in Nigeria is imported, some don't know that
angelfallz:

The first bolded,
Haba, that is a very wrong mentality. That mentality also goes to explain why the south is behind the north in terms of farming. We in the south look down on farming and see farming as a dirty job meant for only villagers and poor people. A nation that can't feed itself can not survive.

The second bolded,
Lol, if only it were that easy. Years of farming neglect can't be wiped out in a month or year. Why? Mentality, mentality, mentality. Our mentality is wrong, so first and foremost our mentality towards farming must change before, the farming itself would start.

So, that means the withdrawal of foodstuff supplies by the north is going to bite us hard, for years.

1 Like

Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Naajjii: 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2020
Jonathan39:
Yes we support iPOB. Go and hang yourself grin
lol but why dont you come out fully, why secretly supporting , oh i get it OPERATION PYTHON is around. wink
Re: Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge by Loveurneighbour: 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2020
tutudesz:
“As for livestock we have adequate lands for breeding pigs, goats, sheep, poultry, ducks, turkey, pigeon, etc. Oil palm and raffia proliferate in the Niger Delta. In truth, what foods do Northern states transport to us that gives them the impudent voice to threaten a food embargo?”
Niger Delta is blessed with different resources, only the thing needed is a good plan to developed the region
For how long will you continue to plan without implementation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Deola Smart's Wedding Gown Made Of 56 Carat Swarovski Diamonds From 6 Countries / Patrick Obahiagbon Mocks All The Trekkers Trekking For Buhari's Victory(pics) / Peter Obi Wins His Polling Unit In Agulu, APC And PDP Score Zero Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.