Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals (15769 Views)

All Nigerian Men Are Crooks - Says My Jamaican Friend / What Is The Most Annoying Habit That Your Boyfriend/ Girlfriend Has? / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by 190: 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by iyatrustee(f): 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
wetin? oyinbo food better for body pass all that akpu, eba, pounded yam wey you dey find sef tongue tongue tongue eat all the leafy things as if say na goat person be and see a new you shine thru undecided
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by 190: 3:43pm On Mar 16, 2011
I kant take this anymore!! grin grin

Iyatrustee its OK
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2011
lmao @ 190, ms.potato, amefi & chima. grin grin

*just finished reading what i've missed.
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2011
The solution is quite easy, let her spend one week with me tongue grin
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2011
^^ Rokiatu, why did you put up that pic again. You just want people to comment and say you're hawt abi? cheesy

I won't do it grin
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by 190: 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2011
rokiatu:

The solution is quite easy, let her spend one week with me tongue grin

But u dont even know how to cook nigerian dishes

Im sending her 2 missy B or annawhite or iyatrustee  undecided
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 16, 2011
2buff:

^^ Rokiatu, why did you put up that pic again. You just want people to comment and say you're hawt abi? cheesy

I won't do it grin
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh God! My side hurt.

I luv the photo, abi na crime to put a pic on your profile twice? grin

Beside no matter how hot you look, some people will aways have negative things to say.

I put my photo on my profile with me in mind not anybody.

Just to play around with my profile and look at my self, that is why I frequently change my profile picture. Quite stupid I know but I am in love with myself grin

190:

But u dont even know how to cook nigerian dishes

Im sending her 2 missy B or annawhite or iyatrustee undecided

The title says "African Food".

If you are talking abt Nigerian food in particular, then pls pass cheesy
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 16, 2011
WAIT! Rokiatu, you are not Nigerian?
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2011
I am not Nigerian.

I am Liberian.
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 16, 2011
rokiatu:

I am not Nigerian.

I am Liberian.

HOLY SCHIT! THAT'S WUTS UP! I LOOOOOOVE LIBERIANS!  cheesy
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by 190: 6:19pm On Mar 16, 2011
Rokiatu

Okay, i would consider sending her to you so you can teach her some dishes

Im tired of eating jamaican dishes angry angry

Thanks 4 your assistance
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 16, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

HOLY SCHIT! THAT'S WUTS UP! I LOOOOOOVE LIBERIANS! cheesy
wink

Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by MrsChima(f): 6:25pm On Mar 16, 2011
I knew it! I said this girl do not appear Nigerian! Rokiatu! I knew it but I did not want to say anything because you may have a reason. You still my girlfriend now bring your arse here and give me some suga. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You still my girlfriend now bring your arse here and give me some suga. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Oh trust me you are going to be my gf for life.

We are in this for life. There's no way out for you, you are stuck with me lol

P.S 190, sorry for going off topic lipsrsealed
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by no1madman(m): 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2011
Trust me,she's not really into u. . .just drop her like a hot potato. .
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by 190: 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2011
no1madman:

Trust me,she's not really into u. . .just drop her like a hot potato. .

Mzdark are u seeing that angry angry
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by silentc(m): 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
190, if this topic is really serious then this is what i think. . . . .

Love is about compromise.

You should try to learn to eat Jamaican food, but also she should meet you half way by trying to learn to cook naija food also.

50-50. That way it feels like you both are making an effort. If she loves you, then she will want to cook something you will enjoy and naturally she will want to learn to cook naija food. Just the same way if you love her you will do things you don't normally do to please her. This doesn't mean she will have to do this 100% of the time though. Hence the 50-50.

Making the effort for a reasonable request isn't a bad thing and in this case. I don't think learning to cook naija food is an unreasonable request for the sake of the one you love in my own personal opinion. Maybe she isn't that into you and doesn't want to invest her time/effort.  sad
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by no1madman(m): 6:43pm On Mar 16, 2011
silentc:

You should try to learn to eat Jamaican food, but also she should meet you half way by trying to learn to cook naija food also.

50-50. That way it feels like you both are making an effort. If she loves you, then she will want to cook something you will enjoy and naturally she will want to learn to cook naija food. Just the same way if you love her you will do things you don't normally do to please her. This doesn't mean she will have to do this 100% of the time though. Hence the 50-50.

Making the effort for a reasonable request isn't a bad thing and in this case. I don't think learning to cook naija food is an unreasonable request for the sake of the one you love in my own personal opinion. Maybe she isn't that into you and doesn't want to invest her time/effort. sad

Na so!FINITO!
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by 190: 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2011
silentc:

Making the effort for a reasonable request isn't a bad thing and in this case. I don't think learning to cook naija food is an unreasonable request for the sake of the one you love in my own personal opinion. Maybe she isn't that into you and doesn't want to invest her time/effort.  sad

You have spoken well my son  cool cool

The issue is she wasn't willing 2 learn how 2 cook nigerian dishes

she claimed it would be a terrible meal, im more interested in her putting an effort into it

and since shes smart, i know for sure shes gonna get better in cooking our local dishes, she's seen this thread

and had a change of heart, She's decided to learn how to cook nigerian dishes, Thanks alot silentc
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Tosinville(m): 6:54pm On Mar 16, 2011
Iyatrustee
na u talk say oyinbo food dey better pass akpu, oha, edikang-ikong etc e be like say ur tribe no get food. Oyinbo/akata etc food na abasha!!!!
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by 190: 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
Reason why i need african food from my Jamo lady::

watch video::

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR7_VACr-8Q[/flash]
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by jenibayo(f): 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2011
I hate u 190 pls dont ever in ur life talk to me again wiv ur fake love cry cry cry cry cry
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by 190: 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2011
jenibayo:

I hate u 190 pls dont ever in your life talk to me again wiv your fake love cry cry cry cry cry
shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry

Realtechie:

Well you should learn how to eat Jamaican food; tastes a lot like African food

I have a Jamaican Gurl friend in Dallas and she's a good cook.

Does she cook Nigerian dishes like fried plantain and everytin
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 16, 2011
Realtechie:

Well you should learn how to eat Jamaican food; tastes a lot like African food

I have a Jamaican Gurl friend in Dallas and she's a good cook.

Adult Store
http://www..com

yanno! thank you, my point exactly.
even if i were to date or marry an African man, my household
will still have that Caribbean vibe. It's not that I don't want to compromise
because I am willing to learn. I'd learn the language, customs, a few dishes yes, etc.
but when it comes to food, I love Jamo too much! I am sorry! lol

@190 plantain is not a Nigerian dish. It's not even native to Africa.
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by 190: 7:41pm On Mar 16, 2011
You are sorry for what!!  undecided

Dont allow me hire the services of a nigerian woman  angry

Im willing 2 eat jamaican dishes but u must learn how 2 cook them nigerian dishes

watch the damn video <3 <3 < 3
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by silentc(m): 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2011
190, seems she is willing to compromise.

My brother, a good man doesn't let a good woman go for things he can live with.

If she cooks naija food once in a while, then let it go. . . . .manage. I am sure she too will sacrifice other things for you.
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by 190: 8:20pm On Mar 16, 2011
Yeah yeah, grin grin
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Pweety4me(f): 8:30pm On Mar 16, 2011
silentc:

[size=25pt]190, Maybe she isn't that into you and doesn't want to invest her time/effort. [/size] sad

cheesy cool
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by 190: 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
Good Lord!!

Why kant pweet4who leave us alone!! angry angry
Re: My Jamaican Girlfriend Has Refused To Learn How To Cook African Meals by Pweety4me(f): 8:37pm On Mar 16, 2011
^The truth hurts i know! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Read true life Sad Stories That Will Make You Cry, Part 1 / Whats Your Idea Of A Good Relationship? / Top Attractive Female Romancelanders With Lovely Smiles..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.