Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python (84683 Views)

Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Bride Price Was Paid, Says Her Husband Is A Scam / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Discovering That Her Husband-to-be Is Married / Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Kosoco(m): 12:26am On Nov 14, 2020
You just coined it spiritual sacredness the way it will suit whatever your thought is. It’s up to you what you want to believe that’s your opinion
oguns222:

Sacred means spiritual sacredness, right?

When something is sacred, it's something belonging to the gods or something that is seen as a god.

That's idol worhisipiping. It means igbos worship idols
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Stevolacious(m): 12:27am On Nov 14, 2020
Marry wetin? You want snake spirit to be part of your lineage right?

I even wonder what kind of fiancee is that, snake came to welcome you. If you ask him if he knows Christ, he will tell you of the Church he attends.

Reject such marriage and affinity with bad spirits.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by berbs: 12:28am On Nov 14, 2020
Kosoco:
The Sacred Eke Atamiri.... Lady you are not ready to marry yet

Don't mind her. She wan to dey kill her husband's ancestors. Those snakes will never harm you unless you have evil intention. Funny enough, they normally talk to it like it's a person.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by falopey: 12:29am On Nov 14, 2020
RamessesIV:
Yes but if white people were doing it you won't remember all this english as i said "Typical modern african"
White people use their own culture to move humanity forward. We both know what the whites have used their culture to accomplished for the benefit of mankind. How has those barbaric African culture influenced the world progressively.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by RamessesIV(m): 12:29am On Nov 14, 2020
Lol he gaslighted

Again enlightened yourself in some cultures in Nigeria "they don't kill pythons" in america you don't kill any animal if you can't respect the culture then the ignorance is on you not them

Asking me if i keep a python i don't need to keep a python as a pet before i understand that people have a right to their beliefs but this will skip you as you are mentally handicapped

In calabar they eat dogs,as far as the culture is not hurting you respect it

Typical idiot like you making noise if you go to america and they tell you the same thing you will be the one to worship the snake

And i know my explanation will skip because like many Nigeria you are mentally handicapped
Dreyton36:

Define illiteracy
We're talking about Nigeria and you're giving me examples from oversees , people who support anything stupid

I said why aren't u keeping the pythons in ur home if u even have a home
The only brain left in ya , is to insult strangers which I'm used to cuz people like you are everywhere , walking dead

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by berbs: 12:30am On Nov 14, 2020
Kamdil:
I came from a background were my grand parents worshipped snake ,and each time we go home the snake comes out just like she narrated.

But the question should be, is her fiance involve in the snake worship? Is yes, then she took the right step. But if no, then she acted unwisely.

Everyone of us came from a background where such idolatry practise existed so whats her problem? Her own family have theirs too

It's not necessary you worship the snake. But you must not harm it. Darzall.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by RamessesIV(m): 12:31am On Nov 14, 2020
Yes because not killing pythons is the culture that is holding your village from moving forward wink,no wonder the cows that indians worship is why nigerian has surpassed them
falopey:
White people use their own culture to move humanity forward. But African :-?
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Dreyton36: 12:32am On Nov 14, 2020
RamessesIV:
Lol he gaslighted

Again enlightened yourself in some cultures in Nigeria "they don't kill pythons" in america you don't kill any animal if you can't respect the culture then the ignorance is on you not them

Asking me if i keep a python i don't need to keep a python as a pet before i understand that people have a right to their beliefs but this will skip you as you are mentally handicapped

In calabar they eat dogs,as far as the culture is not hurting you respect it

Typical idiot like you making noise if you go to america and they tell you the same thing you will be the one to worship the snake

And i know my explanation will skip because like many Nigeria you are mentally handicapped

The last time I checked, no one wins an argument with an unintelligent FOOL , they only understand things due to their low thinking cap , I'm very sure you think you're right , so be it

You're very right , bye

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by DamnnNiggarr: 12:34am On Nov 14, 2020
Kayharry:
Bros I understand you but did the guy tell her upfront his culture . No one will see a snake in the midnight and won't RUn or get scared . He should have told her the kind of culture they practice in thier village before any relationship at all . You can't force ur culture on someone else .

Modify

How would you feel if her own culture is is for you to dance naked in the Market for 21days before you marry her.
it's a man's culture to be followed by a woman and not the other way round,

Sorry for the late reply though, was arranging things with a friend for tomorrow's holy solemnisation.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by falopey: 12:34am On Nov 14, 2020
RamessesIV:
Yes because not killing pythons is the culture that is holding your village from moving forward wink,no wonder the cows that indians worship is why nigerian has surpassed them

You are absolutely naive. You lack spiritual knowledge of things that be. Go and learn. That snake in question is absolutely about witchcraft. The old woman knows it. Congratulations to the lady for taking caution

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by DamnnNiggarr: 12:36am On Nov 14, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I hate snakes and if I see one, I'll kill it. Don't come and tell me "this one is not venomous" cause I have seen enough snake attacks to put them all in the same category. All I know is that by the time I see one crawling towards me speedily, heaven knows fight or flight is the only thing I'll remember at that moment.

If you don't kill snakes where you come from, better ensure you marry from your marriage cause if you meet someone like me, all these wan wey you spoke nah grammar.
ok if you insist, but don't try this in Idemili in Anambra state or in Njaba in Imo state.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by ibietela2(m): 12:37am On Nov 14, 2020
Kamdil:
I came from a background were my grand parents worshipped snake ,and each time we go home the snake comes out just like she narrated.

But the question should be, is her fiance involve in the snake worship? Is yes, then she took the right step. But if no, then she acted unwisely.

Everyone of us came from a background where such idolatry practise existed so whats her problem? Her own family have theirs too

Idolatry because the white man said so
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Dubix64: 12:42am On Nov 14, 2020
Grandmeister:
But if she go Oyibo land and dem tell am make she no kill snake she go see am as good thing abi? That’s a ball python, the mildest and smallest of pythons in this part of the world. Na pet for many places, why she go wan kill am? My people perish for lack of knowledge truly.
.... My brother, you're right, In Australia if you kill a kangaroo or kuga parrot you will go to prison and kangaroos, parrots are big meats here in Naija. She never hear about animals protection law in many countries?
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Liposure: 12:51am On Nov 14, 2020
Bkayyy:

They are sacred not worshipped. Sometimes I wonder how you black men reason.
Btw it doesn't harm people here and when I was very young, we use her to cool off after playing football. It's very cold and harmless
if i were in her shoes i'd do the same. i hate and fear snakes
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by solonazzy: 1:01am On Nov 14, 2020
poshestmina:

grin grin grin grin grin. Not everyone comes from a tribe with a 'fetish'.
I'd faint at the sight of a snake sef sad sad sad.
I tire o... Ivisit your ppl and na snake receive me, dats d end mehn

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by solonazzy: 1:09am On Nov 14, 2020
How on earth is d lady at d receiving end.... I also can't imagine normalising seeing a snake as a frnd/visitor.... I would do d same 100 times over...

3 Likes

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Yxxx: 1:10am On Nov 14, 2020
If she has slept with him..she's already connected.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by eaglechild: 1:29am On Nov 14, 2020
Mass ignorance.
While this culture was once mainly due to the respect for the python. It has carried on and most indigenes still observe it but not necessarily as obligatory but as a laudable conservation practice.

I see this practice as a very important one that has sustained the balance in the ecosystem.
Ball pythons are harmless to humans, infact they are extremely important in keeping the rodent population in check.

This balance is so critical that the Lassa fever belt and most rodent transmitted diseases are significantly lower in parts of the SE that have this practice.
Case in point, it is not practised in Ebonyi which is a Lassa fever hotspot.
In terms of welcoming visitors ball pythons are attracted to warmth just like many cold-blooded animals so it is a no brainer that it will gravitate towards a warm area where there are humans, especially as it has lost its fear for them.
In many developed countries including the UK, snakes are protected and you may end up in jail for killing one.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Passionate1(m): 1:53am On Nov 14, 2020
gunners160:
she is not serious for marriage. when she is serious she will stop that childish act of hers. I guess she is still young and has time on her side that is why she wants to cancel the marriage
Every tribe has one of too fetish practice, she should stop acting like a child

Whatever. She's old enough to make her own decision. .
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by yemiosinbajo: 2:19am On Nov 14, 2020
rockyh:
most Anambra and imo villages worship snakes in their traditional ways but not necessarily directly.in my villa i,it is a taboo to kill a snake else be ready to do the traditional burial oke that of a human being

What if the snake was a black mamba or cobra?
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by JONSYN7154: 2:33am On Nov 14, 2020
Are you kidding me?
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by hardon1(m): 2:44am On Nov 14, 2020
She is obviously not ready yet. She has been looking for opportunity to opt out and boom this one came

The man should be grateful that a woman who never really wanted him has left him
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by bigcasava1(m): 2:46am On Nov 14, 2020
And she cancelled the proposal! Ok she go die single. Already she don enter archival, na bleaching deh help her.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by bigcasava1(m): 2:48am On Nov 14, 2020
RedNStripes:
Bizarre. I read about a thing like this I think in some villages in Anambra state.
even in Nembe and brass LG in bayelsa you dear not kill snake.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by hardon1(m): 2:56am On Nov 14, 2020
yemiosinbajo:

What if the snake was a black mamba or cobra?

That tradition rally only around python, and python is twenty times less deadly than a mamber, cobra or viper. am from imo and its practiced in my village as well. and the snake is harmless, though it can eat you livestock meaning it can equally harm a little child.

But the fact is, it hardly attacks humans in my community. When I was a kid, we do see it in abundance, but these days you hardly see it due to urbanization and influx of strangers who catch these snakes in secret to sell at other places

I think all communities in the States in south east where the idemil runs across in south east have that culture.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Liposure: 3:06am On Nov 14, 2020
donMIG:
Best decision she made all her life!
Me I can't stand d sight of snake... I dei ball leave that tin... I no even for fit kill am
Run like mad man like disssss
lol. and you call yourself a man
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Taku555(m): 3:12am On Nov 14, 2020
RedNStripes:
Bizarre. I read about a thing like this I think in some villages in Anambra state.
And in Enugu especially Nkanu
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Liposure: 3:16am On Nov 14, 2020
pocohantas:
There might be nothing spiritual about that snake. I doubt there is.

Snakes go in and out houses everyday. Snakes do their best to avoid humans, they know we don’t like them. A python is non-venomous, they are also non-confrontational. If you avoid them, they will go in and out of your home. You will convince yourself it was sent by your ancestor to greet you. It is just a snake being a snake.

If the snake is such a welcomer, it should welcome him in Banana Island. Better still, their deities should send a cobra to greet him, let’s see if he/she lives to tell the story.
i don't blame her. I have phobia for snakes too. I can't stand that hideous creature. The sight infuriates me

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by SmartPolician: 3:20am On Nov 14, 2020
rockyh:

Most Anambra and imo villages worship snakes in their traditional ways but not necessarily directly.in my villa i,it is a taboo to kill a snake else be ready to do the traditional burial oke that of a human being

Do you know the meaning of most?

Where in Imo State?
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by nsiba: 3:21am On Nov 14, 2020
Kosoco:
The Sacred Eke Atamiri.... Lady you are not ready to marry yet

Correct Lady, sacred Eke Atamiri in, sacred Holy Virgin Mary ko...
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by potopotoking: 4:27am On Nov 14, 2020
[s]
RedNStripes:
[/s]
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by potopotoking: 4:29am On Nov 14, 2020
[s]
poshestmina:

grin grin grin grin grin.
Not everyone comes from a tribe with a 'fetish'.

I'd faint at the sight of a snake sef sad sad sad.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ladies, Before You Hand Over Your Breast To Any Man.. Do This! (see Photo) / “Your Wife Didn’t Sleep At Home Last Night” Two Men Expose Married Woman(pics) / Lady Accuses Man Of Rape For Refusing To Stop After She Came During Sex (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.