Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

I Hate Nigeria With A Passion - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hate Nigeria With A Passion (44755 Views)

Poll: do you hate nigeria?

Yes: 24% (65 votes)
Never: 55% (150 votes)
undecided: 13% (35 votes)
until im unlawfully arrested, Yes: 6% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha / Why Do I Hate Nigeria So Much? / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by SisiKill1: 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
buzugee:

nah i aint seent it  grin

Whaaaaaaaa?  shocked  Dude! Where you been?

Check it out

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzBL-o4CUw?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by SisiKill1: 7:23pm On Mar 18, 2011
You should see the entire show. . . it's called KILLING THEM SOFTLY.

Funny Stuff!!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 7:57pm On Mar 18, 2011
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 7:59pm On Mar 18, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Whaaaaaaaa?  shocked  Dude! Where you been?

Check it out

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzBL-o4CUw?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

good looking out. when the whole dave chappelle craze was on, i was in england. when the craze subsided i was in america. tried to watch a few of em but not deep enough for me. the skits are too short and have no depth to them. so i dont really watch them. i prefer when they (black comedians) do 2 hour standup specials or even 1 hour. i will watch this one later though. (am assuming we are talking about 'the chappelle show'. the one with skits, not his stand-up routine )
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by SisiKill1: 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2011
This particular one is Stand up. . . it was posted on youtube in bits.

Never got into the show myself.

buzugee:

the wild hundreds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYRU6N4R9UU

Lmao @ He on? He on? cheesy
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by jude33084(m): 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2011
THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND! grin
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by OJOnuh: 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2011
The naija police force is a disaster, amongst the various forces including civil defense, the police force is the less educated and disciplined force in the country. I wish the police force is disband and at least these other forces are drafted to police the country till a well organised police is constituted for the nation. The problem with the police force is not funding or lack of equipment per say. It is pure lack of intelligence from the IG through the various ranks. The worst unit in the police force is the CID unit. This unit is the pivot of any police in the world but in naija this unit is a big disgrace and embarrassment to the nation. Just check those that call themselves IPOs i doubt if there is a secondary school leaver there let alone a graduate. Policing goes beyond training to handling guns, it goes to understanding the duties of the police and most especially when arrest can be made. The notion in the police force is that they are duty bound to protect the elite or wealthy and wait for us to make complaint of a crime that had already taken place. And in prosecuting cases the police merely work base on the complaint of the complainant without investigation the veracity of the complaint before making arrest. With the level of education and intelligence of the naija police even if their salaries are increased 10 times and patrol vans distributed to them it will still be the same thing. The police force is so rotten that only a disbandment is the answer. This also apply to NEPA of PHCN (just a change in nomenclature) and NNPC. These organs are too vital to the development of the nation.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by annekix(m): 2:53am On Mar 19, 2011
if you thought getting stopped for having a laptop was bad,

My people i remember when i was stopped by the cops for having Past exam question papers in university when i was in Naija, " i swear this is true!"

it seemed like i was in a badly directed home video shocked shocked shocked

i spent 15 mins trying to explain what past question papers were to this slowpoke of a police officer who said that the questions must be "expo", and the annoying thing was i had an exam that afternoon and the guy said i should follow him to the station " and we all know what that leads to,

I can remember our conversation vividly:

Me: Ahn ahn, officer this is not expo, they are past questions that were set in 1999 that im using to practice for my exams, Cant you see the date?, its on the paper na?!?

Officer: Na lie, na expo be dis,, u dey follow us go station

I demanded to speak to his superior and when i told him about the issue he burst out laughing "even he knew it was ridiculous" he told me to go, the officer who stopped me sulkily gave me back my papers and allowed me leave

now its either he was an illiterate
or
he was obviously looking for some ridiculous reason to extort me cuz i was a lag student.

or even both,

Is it until the cops start asking for receipts for purchased Condoms that we know there is a problem with the police?,
.i cant believe they still do that crap.

i also remember when they used to drive down the streets in yellow danfo buses in thier "operation kidnap and extort spree"
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 4:33am On Mar 19, 2011
omoabike said:

I understand the stress the OP must have gone through as I had been unfortunate to have been stopped sometimes ago in front of the Officer's Mess in Marina. The guys who were in plain clothes claimed to be policemen from Adeniji-Adele. I showed them my company's ID card and the company Asset tag on the laptop. This guys still insisted to take me to their station. I decided to call my company's security control room from where they decided to send some Mobile Police to the point. It was then that the guys started arguing on whether I should be left to go. I was afraid because i had gone against the company policy of never moving around with the company assigned laptop without being in a company's car.
I had thought I could quickly dash to the bank from the hotel i was staying in Victoria Island (I had came in from Port Harcourt for a few days work on a project) by riding an "okada". I was on the "okada" when I was stopped. This was on a monday morning.
I have had colleagues who had been stopped while on "okada" and searched by these unscrupulous policemen and I have had several run-ins with the Police that should make anyone bitter.
However, I think we Nigerians should do away with this our attitude of always blaming the country for the acts of a few bad people.
The difference between us and other countries' citizens is that they do not blame their countries for the problems caused by their fellow countrymen and women.
While I believe the OP has the right to be bitter against any country he so wishes, he should rather channel his bitterness to the perpetrators of this atrocity on his person and not Nigeria the country.

My brother you dey mind these fools. Na inferiority complex dey worry them. Before hating Nigeria they already hate themselves.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 4:37am On Mar 19, 2011
charlie said:

@ Poster
Thank God that you came out 5 hours leter. My experience in naija at yaba one morninig kept me thinking,   and I had this resolution that Nigeria is  an "hopeless" country. sorry if I sound too negative, but that is the truth! mayb for now. I wait to see the change soon,

I finished my engineering degree in one of the Nigeria useless university without job.  One morning, I was walking along yaba area trying to look for where to fix my glasses along the road. Suddenly, a Bus -  commercial bus - packed very close to where I was standing and a group of guys came out from the Bus and order me to go inside that they are Police office. I refused, untill I was shown their Police ID. I entered the bus, hoping that they will tell me my offence. I was thinking my offence  maybe that I was fixing my pair of glassses with those guys along the road not using a registered Optian, so I planned to tell them that I was unemployed so I can afford the consultant fee of an optomologist or optian. Inshot I teck to Yaba that day,

Alas, that was not my offence. I was told to show my ID, which I did   showing my National ID. Then they collected my wallet, searching for only God knows what! I have alot of Busiiness contact  card inside my wallet. I have only the money I wanted to use to get the glasses fix. The Bus was still moving all this time,  I guess the Driver is not a police officer.

In the Bus I meet some other guys. We were all taken to the  Police barrack at somewhere in surulere. At the station,  the police officers are giving all of us our offences.  Guys please my u na follow me hear offences

One guy was told that because his laptop has no receipt, means that he is a Yahoo Boy, another guy among us was told that since he is a student of Unilag, that he should be in school at that time why was he in Yaba, that it either he is a pick pocket or fake money changer,   alot of offencees like that I can really remember again. I was just laughing! Yes there was one guy charge for carry Black sack,  na when I hear this I canot control my laughter again.

Mine was that ,  during the time one of the police was checking my wallet, they found a small  broken rusted blade.  I  cannot even remember how it got there, it  was rusted, shows that it has being there for long.  so I was charge for light weapon carrier, guys at this time I was laughing so loud, I was laughing at the failure of Nigeria system,  You need to see the way the officers were saying it,  You are charge for  CARRING LIGHT WEAPON, each time I ask which weapon?, they would show me the rusted broken blade, i would laugh so loud!

Others paid to gain their fredom, and when they saw that I was just catching fun with them, they have to let me go, but I was just laughing at Nigeria as a  country.

You got your engineering degree from a ''useless Nigeria university''. No wonder you can barely spell, with horrible syntax. Not surprised you struggled to find work. Your secondary school must have been even more useless than your university.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by saharachic(f): 4:42am On Mar 19, 2011
Who is this B[b]it[/b]ch [b]A[/b]ss N[b]ig[/b]ga called Rossike. You are a D[b]i[/b]ck.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 5:03am On Mar 19, 2011
Newscaster said:

what is the point telling us all what we know and what we see daily?

What will all these talk come to? OP. whats our business if they cut your head into their pot of soup?

You know where to complain to, not here on Nairaland - all these will be forgotten when someone starts another topic that says "Patience Dame Jonathan" wears boxer shorts to Church" .Do you think these talks has any effect? Shut the f up.

Y'all open una 32 and speak ras against the police. Go to their barracks for once and see where they live, take time to go and see where this people live and ask yourself, if you as a human being can live where they live, and these are the people you want to protect your lives and property. Policemen die on duty daily in Nigeria - killed and fell on the line of duty, how much do they get when they die on duty? 50k only. These people need your prayers and fight for them to be treated better by society not for a gathering of tired brains on the web to constitute themselves into judge and jury and speak rubbish against them.

Necxt time you research the problem of the Nigerian policeman, even when he asks you for 20Naira, you will gladly offer him 40Naira instead. The problem is deep rooted, they have a grouse with the same society they are supposed to look after, why, because the same society has failed to provide them with what they need to make them work better. Take time from your busy schedule tmrow, go around Lagos police barracks and see if you wont ask yourself if these are the people that we expect to protect our lives and property. Noone is justifying the ills of the Naija police, but, look, what you give is what you get.

You're the most intelligent poster on this thread. How many of these idiots proclaiming their ''hatred for Nigeria'' have spared one second's thought for the conditions under which policemen work, or their renumeration etc? I have been to some of these their barracks, and the conditions are such that it's a wonder they can even get up in the morning and head to work.

The same police they're abusing, how many of them can sleep in their houses tonight without the safety  enforced by police patrols in cities all over the country?

Most of those policemen are not sufficiently armed to patrol those streets at night, in view of the sophisticated weapons wielded by men of the underworld. But they do anyway, and by God, there are some brave men among them, fighting heavily armed robbers to the death even on empty stomachs and poor weapons.

Do these cows realize how many thousands of Nigerian policemen have lost their lives to robbers and hoodlums in shootouts across the country in the last few decades?

No, of course not. ALL THEY SEE IS THE 'BAD'. Policemen extorting what in reality are just pennies, to make ends meet is NOT the be all and end all of the matter, and cannot be used to besmirch the entire force, not to mention making it a reason to ''hate Nigeria''. 

Personally I know they are grossly underpaid for the job they do. I don't normally begrudge them a few naira when I'm anywhere near them. Neither do I feel particularly ''extorted'' or ''robbed'' in the process. I feel I'm helping to supplement their salary. Not the best, but it's a far lower 'tax' than the  nearly half of one's income that was instantly taken by the UK and US govts in the name of tax when one used to live overseas.

So if you want to ''hate Nigeria'' because all you can think of is yourself and your comfort, GO EAT DUST. And NO, Nigeria will definitely NOT miss you!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by cold(m): 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^you're always trying so hard to come across as intelligent but i've got to be honest,i've never seen a more id!otic person in my life.& i'm sure you know what you're posting is stup!d,asinine & idiot!c but somehow you just can't stop
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2011
cold said:

^^you're always trying so hard to come across as intelligent but i've got to be honest,i've never seen a more id!otic person in my life.& i'm sure you know what you're posting is stup!d,asinine & !c but somehow you just can't stop

If you had a functional brain (which you don't) you would find it easier to respond intelligently with a coherent counter-argument, than with marketplace abuse which anyone can muster.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by cold(m): 1:21pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^You'd maq more sense if only you dropped all these 'Cold said' 'this said' 'that said'.It's getting repititive,tiring and old
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2011
cold said:

^^You'd maq more sense if only you dropped all these 'Cold said' 'this said' 'that said'.It's getting repititive,tiring and old

You'll make more sense if you dropped that double pointy arrow business of yours. It's seriously played out and grossly irritating.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by denzel2009: 2:14pm On Mar 19, 2011
Do they harass women carrying laptops too or they only focus on men? I haven't read any female complaints yet.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by seunlayi(m): 2:23pm On Mar 19, 2011
denzel2009:

Do they harass women carrying laptops too or they only focus on men? I haven't read any female complaints yet.
I believe police are one of the major problem we have in this country, I don't know why they always like to abuse their duty?
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Intrepid1(m): 2:44pm On Mar 19, 2011
One motherfucker cop stopped me one night at a checkpoint near my house and asked for the receipt for my lappy. One hour of doing strong-head and N300 later, I was on my way! Always move around with 'emergency money'!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 19, 2011
Half of the Votes hate Nigeria. What a Nation
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2011
Roughly 30%. Not half.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by OJOnuh: 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2011
O.J Onuh:

The naija police force is a disaster, amongst the various forces including civil defense, the police force is the less educated and disciplined force in the country. I wish the police force is disband and at least these other forces are drafted to police the country till a well organised police is constituted for the nation. The problem with the police force is not funding or lack of equipment per say. It is pure lack of intelligence from the IG through the various ranks. The worst unit in the police force is the CID unit. This unit is the pivot of any police in the world but in naija this unit is a big disgrace and embarrassment to the nation. Just check those that call themselves IPOs i doubt if there is a secondary school leaver there let alone a graduate. Policing goes beyond training to handling guns, it goes to understanding the duties of the police and most especially when arrest can be made. The notion in the police force is that they are duty bound to protect the elite or wealthy and wait for us to make complaint of a crime that had already taken place. And in prosecuting cases the police merely work base on the complaint of the complainant without investigation the veracity of the complaint before making arrest. With the level of education and intelligence of the naija police even if their salaries are increased 10 times and patrol vans distributed to them it will still be the same thing. The police force is so rotten that only a disbandment is the answer. This also apply to NEPA of PHCN (just a change in nomenclature) and NNPC. These organs are too vital to the development of the nation.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by chantelle4: 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2011
It is a pity that nigerians are still thinking this way.Be abreast of info. Are u a nigerain atall. Police are entitled to search u if they have a reasons to believe that u ve committed a felony. besides its not only in nigeria they do this or better stiull why dont u relocate to japan. shio,
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by klear(f): 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2011
@Loveking u r angry & upset ( dat is understandable) but if everybody behaves like u & relocates 2 anoda country wat will b left of dis country? I will rather stay here & contribute my own quota in2 changing my country dan travelling outside, denying my motherland & been treated like scum simply because am black! IMO its only cowards dat run away
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by eghost247(m): 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2011
klear:

@Loveking u r angry & upset ( dat is understandable) but if everybody behaves like u & relocates 2 anoda country wat will b left of dis country? I will rather stay here & contribute my own quota in2 changing my country dan travelling outside, denying my motherland & been treated like scum simply because am black! IMO its only cowards dat run away
hmm
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by VEE2010(m): 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2011
I wonder why many Nigerians could be this political in virtually all their discussion. I know our country is really laging behind in the areas of internal security, human right, etc. But I must make it clear that most time, this short falls are mostly blown out of proportion. Looking at the Topic; we must first and foremost find out if there was nothing questionable about the said laptop. I do go out with my own system and even my company's system most times. I have been intercepted by Police Men on several ocassion, they only demand for my Coy's ID card and sometimes,the proof of ownership then, allow me go. I don't think this is a wrong step if one considers it a little way of helping them (Police) in the course of doing their jobs. Lets be constructive in our points. If we do not wake up and embrace doing things uprightly, I don't see any Leader that will succeed in rulling us without being criticized. Lets be our brothers' keeper.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by CGKing(m): 6:21am On Mar 22, 2011
Oboy just be happy you came out unhurt and you still have your laptop.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Olumogun: 10:35am On Mar 22, 2011
Was once a victim too, but was let go from the checking point after a long argument.
Well, when next U are buying Ur meal from Mr Bigs (eateries) pls don't forget to collect your receipt else
your food pack can become an exhibit.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by ajibsca: 3:12am On Mar 31, 2011
Naija is a lawless country and as such the police themselves break the laws. In the western world, you can sit anywhere even at a park or store to use your laptop but in a country like Nigeria, everyone with a laptop is into scam. Nigerian police of today will tell you they want to search your phone , go through your messages whatever , They would collect that phone from you and keep you like a hostage not making you to make phone calls in case you might have a superior officer in the force. The same thing happens when you give them your driver's license. Stupid, hungry , degenerate people. Nigeria can never get better. It will only keep getting worse. Not NPF of all forces.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Obiagu1(m): 2:58am On Apr 19, 2011
I really hate this country, Nigeria.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Blazay(m): 6:44am On Apr 19, 2011
Still hating Nigeria on a Nigerian website.
Mu he he he he
What a curse! cry
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by oderemo(m): 6:54am On Apr 19, 2011
the problem with nigeria is that it is full of nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo: I Lectured The IPOB On Facebook Live, IPOB Remains My Servant / Buhari Meets With German Chancellor, Angela Merkel / British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.