Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,269 members, 7,954,051 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

I Hate Nigeria With A Passion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hate Nigeria With A Passion (45061 Views)

Poll: do you hate nigeria?

Yes: 24% (65 votes)
Never: 55% (150 votes)
undecided: 13% (35 votes)
until im unlawfully arrested, Yes: 6% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha / Why Do I Hate Nigeria So Much? / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by nvo5(f): 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
@tosinaded
if you are not a force person or your dad
I encourage you to read more. you have
very low opinion about your self.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by tosinaded(m): 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2011
nvo5:

@tosinaded
if you are not a force person or your dad
I encourage you to read more. you have
very low opinion about your self.

are we talking aboout me here? or the police
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by eros(m): 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2011
tosinaded@:

such ignorance

tosinaded@:

since uve taken it as your job to stalk me. . . . . . am gone --------------------> the music section!
thats ma base, u can follow me grin

tosinaded@:

dont make the police prey on u. .  do your part undecided
dnt come crying on nairaland when u allow the police take advantage of u

Your posts reflects your true personality. . . . . . . A LOSE.R and HIGHLY COMPLEXED INDIVIDUAL ALWAYS SEEKING ATTENTION.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by tosinaded(m): 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2011
eros:

Your posts reflects your true personality. . . . . . . A LOSE.R and HIGHLY COMPLEXED INDIVIDUAL ALWAYS SEEKING ATTENTION.

clap for urself. . . . such brilliance!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Colonia(m): 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2011
Nigeria is such a hell hole!! and these punks are suppose to be protecting people. Only GOD knows how many people are dead from this kind of mess. Lets vote the right candidate that will help our future or else we will be on here spitting out ON (organised nonsense) for the next 20 years. peace!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by eros(m): 7:14pm On Mar 17, 2011
tosinaded@:

are we talking aboout me here? or the police

You somehow made this thread focus on your low self esteem. There is no shame in accepting your wrong, when you "F" up. It is your refusal to accept your wrong that is very disgusting.  angry angry angry angry angry

Your arrogance, pride and i know it all attitude smells like a skunk. I am so upset right here that i feel like tracing your IP and beating some sense into your dry brain.  angry angry angry angry angry

Don't push me further, i might just be knocking at the door of your house in the next 20 minutes. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by dellnet: 7:16pm On Mar 17, 2011
tosinaded@:

clap for urself. . . . such brilliance!
You are on thin ice and I shall be under it when it breaks.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by matazzmagi(m): 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2011
nigeria a failed state embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by dchangerz: 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2011
I've been viewing Nairaland without posting for a while but felt the need to contribute to this.

The Nigerian Police Force needs a complete change over. Unfortunately, this can hardly be done successfully within a corrupt economy like Nigeria.

The Nigerian Police are famous for being one-sided, usually the first reporter or the person with cash is the one supported. The Nigerian Police Force are also famous for detaining innocent people and sometimes subjecting them to inhumane treatments before setting the innocent people free. Even after the Police knows you are innocent, you still have to bail yourself. And a poster is put up saying bail is free!

Nigerians are the ones that can make a change to their country. But nothing seems to be done.  My heart weeps for Nigeria.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by rebranded(m): 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2011
tosinaded@:

dont mess wiv the police. . . a cousin of mine was shot in the leg at the cell cos he was going to school, he had his laptop but no receipts!
he put on the laptop. .  showed em everything on the hard disk, jut to prove to them he was the owner! nah it wasnt enough fro them!

dnt play with them, dey are a bunch of hungry humans wiv POWER! there guns. . . . . . .

the only sensible thing u have said all day, i think u have a problem expressing yourself. .

@OP man sorry change is coming, vote wisely. .we all can see what PDP can offer another 4yrs of all this  
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 17, 2011
Sorry, ehn!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by dchangerz: 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2011
If the Nigerian Police Force has maltreated you in the past or is currently maltreating you, come and post it on Nairaland for the World to see. Nigeria as an English speaking country finds it hard to attract foreign investment due to high levels of corruption and poor justice and trigger happy one-sided police officers.  angry

Shame  angry sad
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by dellnet: 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
See them fighting themselves because of 20 naira.

NTA-Three policemen engaged in a brawl at Ajegunle, along the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, endangering the lives of hundreds of road users with their AK 47 rifles held carelessly as they exchanged blows.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Colonia(m): 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
I guess we suppose to be going around with bag of receipts now. what of if the laptop was a gift? bunch of lawless fools sad i am really not feeling Nigeria at all. only GOD will help us.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by HamidO1(m): 7:26pm On Mar 17, 2011
There's no way I can hate Naija sha, Things aren't looking to good for us right now but I believe there'll be a change soon. The only problem though is we the youth, I still don't understand how someone that has graduated five(5) years ago without a job will support PDP. GEJ was in Kaduna today and almost all the policemen were lined up on the street, you need to see frustrated looking men in black. What do you expect from men who paid huge amounts to get into the NPF. The recruitment process of the NPF is the most corrupt I know of in this country, nothing in the NPF is done on merit. This is a reflection of how corrupt the PDP government is. I'll rather say I hate PDP with a passion if I must use the word hate. Let all that registered vote against PDP for the sake of our fatherland Nigeria
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Billyamin: 7:31pm On Mar 17, 2011
Dont let us complain again, Let have a change, Let VOTE for change. Voting PDP out = Change,
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by omoabike: 7:31pm On Mar 17, 2011
I understand the stress the OP must have gone through as I had been unfortunate to have been stopped sometimes ago in front of the Officer's Mess in Marina. The guys who were in plain clothes claimed to be policemen from Adeniji-Adele. I showed them  my company's ID card and the company Asset tag on the laptop. This guys still insisted to take me to their station. I decided to call my company's security control room from where they decided to send some Mobile Police to the point. It was then that the guys started arguing on whether I should be left to go. I was afraid because i had gone against the company policy of never moving around with the company assigned laptop without being in a company's car.
I had thought I could quickly dash to the bank from the hotel i was staying in Victoria Island (I had came in from Port Harcourt for a few days work on a project) by riding an "okada". I was on the "okada" when I was stopped. This was on a monday morning.
I have had colleagues who had been stopped while on "okada" and searched by these unscrupulous policemen and I have had several run-ins with the Police that should make anyone bitter.
However, I think we Nigerians should do away with this our attitude of always blaming the country for the acts of a few bad people.
The difference between us and other countries' citizens is that they do not blame their countries for the problems caused by their fellow countrymen and women.
While I believe the OP has the right to be bitter against any country he so wishes, he should rather channel his bitterness to the perpetrators of this atrocity on his person and not Nigeria the country.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by BABE3: 7:32pm On Mar 17, 2011
@OP , LOL, Well, I'm not shocked. I've heard and seen worse cases. Sorry sha! But u still gastu love Nigeria though. Which other country can pull that off. Thats our identity( lawlessness and idiotic behavior by the law enforcers and government, ).
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Colonia(m): 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2011
Pls Guys let us VOTE WISELY !! Thank you
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2011
What has the action of our useless police force got to do with your hatred for Nigeria ? You just want to show us the racist blood flowing in you.
Now you can leave the fcked up country for your own God forsaken country.idiiot
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by ProAnti: 7:41pm On Mar 17, 2011
I was once stopped by one policeman who requested for the receipt for the laptop I was carrying.
When I told him it was company laptop, he demanded to see my ID card. After showing him, he demanded for the company cover letter for the laptop.

I asked him if he had a cover letter for his gun.

The guy got angry and held onto my laptop for over 15mins insisting that I call my boss.

"If no be him superior officer wen come intervene, I for hear am!"
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Ikwikwikwi(m): 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2011
@ poster,

I feel insulted when you cast your aspersions on our dear country and you want us to tag along. My question is, would you burn your house if a rat is found in it, no. So it is not wise to say you hate Nigeria before our faces, after all this is where we all belong, so you should be more civil when you say certain things in public, and stop hiding behind the computer to insult this nation. If you do not want to remain a Nigerian, you are free to denounce it, and move on, but allow us to be please.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by ShangoThor(m): 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2011
The problem with the Nigerian Police is that they do not understand the law(s), hence they tend to make up the rules as they go along.

This is a huge problem, and hence they systematically tend to infringe on the 'civil liberties' of citizens in general.

Concepts such as 'burden of proof' and 'beyond reasonable doubt' are alien to the Nigerian Police, and it is such a big shame that the Nigerian Polity has not risen to the occasion to fight for their rights. It can only be assumed that these very basic principles are are not not deemed important enough by the general population. It's a very weird scenario, The Police do not understand the law(s) or the extent of their powers on one hand, and on the other hand the citizenry either do not understand the extent of their rights and civil liberties under the law(s), or choose not to demand that they should be acknowledged.

This is part denotes part of my general argument that the 'State' and its machinery in the Nigerian context is malfunctioning and needs to be fixed, overhauled or dumped. It is a massive shame that a lot of our citizens get abused and persecuted by the Police just because they can get away with it. This scenario needs to be changed, it is only then that we as Nigerians, and Africans can truly claim that we are 'Free'. If our system permits innocent individuals to be persecuted without dire consequences then it reflects on our whole society at large and it is immoral in my opinion.

We all know that it is not illegal to travel with Laptops on our person, and that there is no link established regarding committing cybercrime, unless one has been specifically reported by third parties or due to matters arising out of a Police led investigation.

The issue of protecting our civil liberties is fundamental and should not be subject to negotiation, afterall, Africans have come a long long way. It was only up till a century ago that Africans were being kidnapped and sold to Aliens. God bless Africa and Africans

[size=15pt]We need to fix the malfunctioning State so we can fix the problem![/size]

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by LoveKing(m): 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
I feel like crying right now. Why do i hate Nigeria? So many things
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2011
who cares if u hate her or not? Why didnt they let you rot in the prison.

Maybe for you to show receipt of laptop you start speaking english like you do here on Nairaland.

A boy walked into my office and while people werent looking, he stole a laptop and for two weeks noone could find him. Maybe you should understand why police ask for peoples receipt when they see anyone with one - because there are so many thieves all over the place. Is that why you are crying? did you show them the receipt and they still slam u in jail?

Go away jare. you this Loveking.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Mobinga: 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2011
Lmao! Bleep it Tosin smash em, mash em and let em have it.

Bunch of dullards. He thinks he's in  UK or something. In Rivers State you'd be released a week later! Dunce
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by bamosagie(m): 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2011
you hate nigeria so much because you are a typical nigerian
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by ShangoThor(m): 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2011
LoveKing:

I feel like crying right now. Why do i hate Nigeria? So many things

You feel so because you've been victimized, and you are traumatized, you need counselling, hence your reason for sharing your experience on NL. I feel for you, try to keep your chin up and stay blessed.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by monkeyleg: 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
Sorry my broda, same thing happened to me because of 3000 naira stove, they eventually took 11,000 naira from me, after dragging me to Surulere police station. Crooks
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by 9ijaMan: 8:28pm On Mar 17, 2011
Newscaster:

who cares if u hate her or not? Why didnt they let you rot in the prison.

Maybe for you to show receipt of laptop you start speaking english like you do here on Nairaland.

A boy walked into my office and while people werent looking, he stole a laptop and for two weeks noone could find him. Maybe you should understand why police ask for peoples receipt when they see anyone with one - because there are so many thieves all over the place. Is that why you are crying? did you show them the receipt and they still slam u in jail?

Go away jare. you this Loveking.

I that the best you can do to defend the ineptitude of your fellow fisherman who's so clueless to lead the nation?
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by LoveKing(m): 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2011
if i had a gun ill shoot bluetooth and newseditor before i reply them. Thats my mo. When this happened today i thought about the jos killings and so many other things. I was like wtf! What will make me love this country. Not becos of dbanj or nairaland or money?
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by tlops(m): 8:34pm On Mar 17, 2011
op, sorry!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kwankwaso, Obi Alliance: INEC Rules May Hamper LP/NNPP Merger / Buhari, Sylva Campaign Posters Cause Stir In Bayelsa / Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.