Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,617 members, 7,827,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" (38099 Views)

Picture Of Joe Biden And A Group Of Women / Inauguration Of Joe Biden As US President (Live Video) / Biography & Profile Of Joe Biden, US President-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
I work for a tax company dude so you can’t teach me about American tax laws. I do people’s taxes every year. Google TurboTax we the biggest tax preparer in America. So it’s laughable that you think you can teach me about a law I see almost everyday . Dude use sense. We go back and forth with the irs every year because of these laws

J111333:
I live in Ogbomosho but if an error in taxes that has brought about taxcut of over $100 in a monthly paycheck which will be over $50 when calculated biweekly for over a year now then the IRS must have been full of dummies.

I tell you again. Stop watching too much news and stop relying on Google for simple answers since you live and work in the States.

Also, the significance of tax cut will largely depend on the amount in the paycheck.

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2020
Last time I checked 95 to 4 was the vote which means republicans and democrats cane together to vote.

Also last time I checked black community leaders had discussions with Biden asking him to create a tough bill because the crime rate went up by 40%. Also the black BB congressional caucus supported the bill. All these different black groups did interviews before the election defending Biden and talking about how they pressured him because they needed to fix the community. If you want to blame Biden for speaking to black leaders and supporting a bill that black community leaders supported go ahead

thebosstrevor1:

My point is simple and clear Democrats have sent lot of black people to jail.

Joe Biden crime bill signed by bill clinton alone created alone the mass incarceration of black people in the history of America

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:
Again you don’t live in America so you have no idea about race relations sure you can have an opinion about politics but your opinion does not matter to us here. But you can never have an opinion about race until you live here. You comment based on movies . It’s a known facts that blacks have to work twice as hard than white counter parts

Indeed, my comments are based on movies. Anyway, i am suprised this is coming from you.

I have an idea of race relations, don't tell what i don't know.

I am sure you have lot of victim mentality.

The whites are against us, they are out to catch us, suprisely, even with lot of programs like affirmative action to meet up.

You are damn funny.

Don't blame white people for the inability to be successful in life even in the midst of plenty, blame yourself.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2020
Again you just proven you know nothing about how America works.

Before you can build affordable housing aka projects you need city officials to vote.if they say no then you can’t build affordable housing in that neighborhood. For example I live in a white neighborhood now and they have rejected all plans for affordable housing. They rejected a train station because they believed it would bring more black ppl to the neighborhood. Ppl have asked my family how a black family was able to get a house in this white neighborhood. So a lot goes into building affordable houses in a white neighborhood. America has laws and rules that must be followed

J111333:
Another lie.
Democrats have kept more black people in "projects" which basically means modified jails and guess what, they are innocent blacks and not convicted criminals that the Republicans sent to jails.

It's also on record that Democrats have deported more immigrants than Republicans. ICE under Obama deported more immigrants and separated more families than under Trump but no one talks about it today.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 1:47pm On Nov 16, 2020
When he became a senator he took a train every day for 4 hours because he wanted to be around people of color so that he can better understand their plight. They used to tease him and called him Amtrak joe because he did that

thebosstrevor1:

You need to differentiate my words from yours

I don't watch fox news.

What is the difference with what i wrote and what you wrote.

Biden didnt move to Delaware because he loved black people.

His family moved to Delaware when he was 12 years to find opportunities.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 1:49pm On Nov 16, 2020
Go do research dude there’s no such thing as original black Americans .... America belonged to the native Americans . Omg you claim to know so much about America but you don’t even know the simplest history

J111333:
Did you say WE?
FYI, you're an immigrant even though you may have US citizenship today and my argument was based on original black Americans.

Yea, go do better things abeg mek I continue watching American movies and gather facts to keep countering your fictions.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2020
Please don’t talk about what you don’t know.
Elaborate what are the things?

codemaniacs:

when a person can't afford things they apply for jobs and use salary from this jobs to feed themselves not food stamps... black americans aren't given jobs they apply for thanks to the dems bringing in indians, asians e.t.c.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:
Last time I checked 95 to 4 was the vote which means republicans and democrats cane together to vote.

Also last time I checked black community leaders had discussions with Biden asking him to create a tough bill because the crime rate went up by 40%. Also the black BB congressional caucus supported the bill. All these different black groups did interviews before the election defending Biden and talking about how they pressured him because they needed to fix the community. If you want to blame Biden for speaking to black leaders and supporting a bill that black community leaders supported go ahead

Lets get the facts right.

The Senate initially passed the bill by a 95-4 vote; the final conference report vote was 61-38, with just two Democrats voting no. The House passed the final bill 235-195, with nearly three times as many Democrats supporting it as opposing it.

President Bill Clinton had to meet with the CBC to garner enough votes to get the bill over the finish line. The Baltimore Sun reported on Aug. 18, 1994, that at least three members of the caucus had switched their votes after meeting with Clinton at the White House. Before that meeting, “10 of the 38 black Democrats in the House voted against him when the crime bill, in an embarrassing setback for the administration, failed on a procedural motion. They were protesting the application of the death penalty to 60 more crimes.

I hope you know many black leaders were against the bill.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2020
My whole family earns very well and we still didn’t receive tax cuts. I work for tax company the tax cut was a scam. I had ppl calling me pissed because their taxes weren’t decreasing like they expected . $2 decrease is not a decrease. $2 can only buy bread

thebosstrevor1:

They did except you earn very low.

This is how it works.

top rate fell from 39.6% to 37%, while the 33% bracket dropped to 32%, the 28% bracket to 24%, the 25% bracket to 22%, and the 15% bracket to 12%

The lowest bracket remained at 10%, and the 35% bracket was also unchanged.

If you earn from $0 to $9,700, your tax doesn't change, it is still 10%

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:
When he became a senator he took a train every day for 4 hours because he wanted to be around people of color so that he can better understand their plight. They used to tease him and called him Amtrak joe because he did that

He is a Politician and that is what politicians do, they meet people.

Pls, don't be be naive, he was just doing his job and it is not because he loved people of colour.

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2020
When you have no substance you tend to move to insults.... I will ignore your stupidity because stupidity is contagious �

Tadeknkeepcalm:

Liar. Send the links if you're not. Arrogant fool

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by cyborgFUNAI: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
Sirmwill:

Jeez embarassed
If all of these are true then this has been a Major Legit Scam...
so she was never black,, just politics to get votes
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by codemaniacs: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
zz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by emkz: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:
I know how people outside of the states view the connotation but this is American and we habillé accept the term just like South Africans call mixed ppl coloreds and it’s offensive to the world but it’s a sense of pride to South Africans.. every country has terms that they use that may be offensive to someone from another country but when you in that country you need to use the right terms.

When in Rome you act like the romans

To each, her own. "When in Rome, you act like the Romans", that doesn't make you a Roman, because the Romans still see and treat you like second-class citizens. It was nice discussing with you.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:
My whole family earns very well and we still didn’t receive tax cuts. I work for tax company the tax cut was a scam. I had ppl calling me pissed because their taxes weren’t decreasing like they expected . $2 decrease is not a decrease. $2 can only buy bread

I know you don't want to admit that you received lot of tax cut.

You claim you didn't have tax cut but this is the rules of the tax cut and people benefited from it.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by BruncleZuma: 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:

Since you know so much by how much did your tax decrease because my tax increased because trump removed certain provisions that used to decrease my tax. My brothers tax only decreased by 20 cent which is rubbish. Most ppl said their taxes decreased by less than $20. $20 is nothing here, it can’t pay my phone bill. So what’s your point dude. Biden will increase tax for ppl earning more than 400k a year.

You're arguing with someone who does not know what an Airport looks like.

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
codemaniacs:

you're making f:oolish stereotypes...

when you say blacks you are also referring to Africans even though you mean "some" black americans other people don't know you mean "some" black americans..

black americans with necessary qualifications are not given jobs because it means empowering black americans...

millions of "black people" have necessary qualifications.
First of all, there are first generation black Americans and you gotta have to respect that fact.
A second generation American who migrated from Nigeria, got series of degrees and have just gotten his citizenship after only a 5year stay in America can not wake up one morning and apply for a job at US Secret Service that requires lots of security clearance and expect to get hired simply because the requirement says the job is for all "American citizens with college degree".

Trust me, even black bosses treat fellow black employees more terribly than white bosses.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
cyborgFUNAI:

so she was never black,, just politics to get votes

Exactly, this democrats keep imposing people on black people, they try to sell them as black while alienating real black people who are not smart to notice this trick
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
Lol I don’t have any victim mentality. I live a blessed life, I have a degree and I’m getting my masters . I have my own stuff and I’m still very young. I have white friends and we get along fine.
Don’t assume to know me dude. Fact is black ppl work harder to get promoted here. Yale was literally sued for accepting white ppl with lower marks than black ppl. Yale accepts a white man with 75 score but declines a black boy with 85 score .... that’s a race issue

thebosstrevor1:

Indeed, my comments are based on movies. Anyway, i am suprised this is coming from you.

I have an idea of race relations, don't tell what i don't know.

I am sure you have lot of victim mentality.

The whites are against us, they are out to catch us, suprisely, even with lot of programs like affirmative action to meet up.

You are damn funny.

Don't blame white people for the inability to be successful in life even in the midst of plenty, blame yourself.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by codemaniacs: 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2020
zz
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:
When you have no substance you tend to move to insults.... I will ignore your stupidity because stupidity is contagious �

Insults? How dumb can you be. You've been the one insulting me from the onset. I made a simple statement that you might not know what pandemic is. But your arrogance got the better of you and you started insulting me. Now you're crying wolf. You are indeed a fool. Not as an ainsult but a fact.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2020
BruncleZuma:

You're arguing with someone who does not know what an Airport looks like.

You don't need to know the airport to know America.

There are lot of public data on the internet, gather them and you will learn a lot

Stop being ignorant
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by pacespot(m): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2020
It battles me how some evil religion zombies in Africa are blindly supporting Trump against this man. Trump never stepped foot in Africa, even though some might argue he has some black folks in his ranks. But this is a man that has a very low opinion and biased assumption about anything that looks different from him, especially blacks.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2020
Congratulations you did a google search

The house first votes on all bills in America. The final vote was 95-4. Once the senate votes it cannot be changed unless the president vetoes it. Again another google search would confirm this

thebosstrevor1:

Lets get the facts right.

The Senate initially passed the bill by a 95-4 vote; the final conference report vote was 61-38, with just two Democrats voting no. The House passed the final bill 235-195, with nearly three times as many Democrats supporting it as opposing it.

President Bill Clinton had to meet with the CBC to garner enough votes to get the bill over the finish line. The Baltimore Sun reported on Aug. 18, 1994, that at least three members of the caucus had switched their votes after meeting with Clinton at the White House. Before that meeting, “10 of the 38 black Democrats in the House voted against him when the crime bill, in an embarrassing setback for the administration, failed on a procedural motion. They were protesting the application of the death penalty to 60 more crimes.

I hope you know many black leaders were against the bill.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
Well he was the only one doing it at that time which means he was special. He got the nickname because what he was doing was so odd
thebosstrevor1:

He is a Politician and that is what politicians do, they meet people.

Pls, don't be be naive, he was just doing his job and it is not because he loved people of colour.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
codemaniacs:

J111333 is correct...

native Americans are black americans...

you're the one that does not know simple history.

No ooh, native Americans aren't black Americans.

This is a propaganda pushed by black supremacists group like the black panther party

Read about the tribal wars between red Indian tribes who are natives and Europeans settlers
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by codemaniacs: 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
zz
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 2:02pm On Nov 16, 2020
Lol I don’t need to prove my intelligence to you am not getting graded for my comments.

You can’t elaborate on things because you hv no idea what the things are.

codemaniacs:

if you don't know what I mean by things then you're not intelligent... and most likely you're neither Nigerian nor U.S citizen...

you're a paid keyboard warrior.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:
Well he was the only one doing it at that time which means he was special. He got the nickname because what he was doing was so odd

He is not special, how do you call someone special for just doing his job.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 2:03pm On Nov 16, 2020
You can’t possibly tell a tax preparer what they experienced everyday. 80% of ppl didn’t receive more than $20 cut... simple google search
thebosstrevor1:

I know you don't want to admit that you received lot of tax cut.

You claim you didn't have tax cut but this is the rules of the tax cut and people benefited from it.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 16, 2020
awulio:
I work for a tax company dude so you can’t teach me about American tax laws. I do people’s taxes every year. Google TurboTax we the biggest tax preparer in America. So it’s laughable that you think you can teach me about a law I see almost everyday . Dude use sense. We go back and forth with the irs every year because of these laws

You work at Turbotax and yet you don't know that interest rate on 1040 tax debt dropped from 5% to 3% early this year under Trump administration which brought tax relief to a lot of Americans that owe the IRS.
You claim to know too much but seem to know very little. Bye
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by focus7: 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2020
OfficialAwol:
CNN acting the script given them since decision was made to move against Trump.

Maybe it escaped your eyes, but sometimes in early February when USA was just registering its first coronavirus case, a Nairalnder made a comment that Trump will lose reelection because of Coronavirus.

I dismissed it then because I thought America might not be as hard hit as it presently is but I guess I was wrong.

There are many secret agents here on this forum who are privy to so many classified information and I'm sure that guy was aware of something we didn't know.

Again, I'm of the view that Pfizer deliberately delayed announcement of their vaccine to make sure Trump loses. Or why did they make the announcement just barely one week after the elections.

The forces against Trump prepared for him long ago. And these guys are not just after Trump, they are after something more.

More and more conspiracy theory. Once things are not going your expected way you are ever with a theory to defend yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action / Heat Apocalypse' Hits Europe ( Pics, Video) / Ghanaian Complains That Nigerians Are Not Supporting Their Protest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.