Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi (83226 Views)

Eight Corpers Test Positive For COVID-19 In Bauchi / Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp / Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Emyogalanya: 2:20pm On Nov 17, 2020
moscobabs:
I always say it that if North decide to fight South, they don't need any other weapon to fight us....They should just stop sending foodstuffs to the South....na Hunger go kill us for them.

We Southerners think we are too educated to farm, our land is green with good weather and fertile but we decide to hold on to insufficient white collar jobs.

So pathetic embarassed
Picture or pictures of your farms and address lets come and visit your farm. All people like you know how to do is to criticise without coming up with practical solutions to the same issues you criticise. Just imagine you are Telling the north to stop sending food items to us. Do they send it free of charge ? Why not ask to stop selling it to us and lets see if it will not spoil in their hands. Your points makes no sense its just like asking the southern part not to send tech to north cos they refused to go to school. You and your political correctness will die of hunger as for we down here we are wai

1 Like

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by aribisala0(m): 2:20pm On Nov 17, 2020
Well instead of lazyyoot wasting time on Nairaland why not go to Bauchi and start bringing onions down south to sell?

1 Like

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Ablemed: 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
honest1480:
Those who are interested know how to navigate their ways through all these huddles you mentioned.

exactly just like 2sexycom said only a very few see the opportunity this country has got to offer and the truth is he's not lying. others see onion business and it's cool but I'll be using their population instead
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Ablemed: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2020
lekki1444:
i need to move to bauchi. i like the cold. the cheaper onions is a bonus

Lol well the cold ends February or march atleast and then the heat would come hitting just like the cold opposite what would be ur faith then?
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by galadima77(m): 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
comshots:
Buhari is funding agriculture heavily with crude oil money.They get free loan and fertilizer from fg.

hahahahaha free loan and fertilizer indeed
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by galadima77(m): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2020
CamusMidas:

This is a very reckless statement.

Very...

Some people actually grow and die without visiting places.. smh
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by honest1480(m): 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ablemed:

exactly just like 2sexycom said only a very few see the opportunity this country has got to offer and the truth is he's not lying. others see onion business and it's cool but I'll be using their population instead
Yes, a particular business, no matter how lucrative it's, it can't be for everybody.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by BIGGERhead4: 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
efighter:

South South should be drinking its Oil and hawking the rest in Lagos holdups.

The Oil in South South belongs to Nigeria. That's why over 80% of the Oil Wells are own by NORTHERNERS. grin grin

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by galadima77(m): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
whirlwind7:

Then try to do the same and realize what the actual problem is.

Sure, it is cheaper in the north because that's the source of the produce
By the time you pay for high transportation costs, spend days instead of hours on the road, and settle the uncountable police and military checkpoints along the road....do you expect the price to remain as low as it was in the north? Plus, there is less harvest due to bandits/terrorists activities. Just few days ago you saw in the news how farmers are tasked by bandits before they can harvest their crops. A village paid millions as tax to bandits just to be allowed to harvest their crops.

Even that quantity of onions for ₦200 is expensive for Bauchi and the north in general. It had become expensive.

The way the different retailers buy it from wholesalers in the various markets is same way they would sell.
Are you trying to say all the market women and street side vendors in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Rivers, Imo, Delta etc all sat down, discussed and connived to increase the price of onions?

This person gets the picture...he either travels a lot or his source of information is credible.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 17, 2020
honest1480:
It's as a result of this type of your mentality that many keep getting richer, while on the other side, many keep getting poorer.
My will you keep quiet, I was referring to the looting that took place your various places as some of the reason why Onion has skyrocketed over there and you are here talking about mentality.

Which businessman won't put secured transportation of his goods into consideration by conveying them.

We all saw the various trailers that were looted into punitive and you are talking about prople with my mentality. I go change am for you oh.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by BIGGERhead4: 2:42pm On Nov 17, 2020
MsAllison:
Bd

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Sarita01(f): 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2020
icankel:
even Malam that brought his own direct from North to Lagos will not sale this quantity less than 2k. something is wrong somewhere
Im very sure that the price is exaggerated ,that onions cant be less than 500,even if he's staying at a remote village. Onions is very expensive everywhere,I went to Niger state 3days ago and onions is also expensive there,if it is expensive there then it's the same everywhere.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Manab: 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2020
Tonymario58:
If the Igbos venture into onion farming, our northern brothers will not find it funny.
wat ar u waiting for do it.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Elfaris(m): 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2020
Arewa is blessed. It shall over come of the challenges it's currently facing.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by lekki1444: 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ablemed:

Lol well the cold ends February or march atleast and then the heat would come hitting just like the cold opposite what would be ur faith then?
its a good point you bring up lol
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by moscobabs(m): 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2020
Emyogalanya:
Picture or pictures of your farms and address lets come and visit your farm. All people like you know how to do is to criticise without coming up with practical solutions to the same issues you criticise. Just imagine you are Telling the north to stop sending food items to us. Do they send it free of charge ? Why not ask to stop selling it to us and lets see if it will not spoil in their hands. Your points makes no sense its just like asking the southern part not to send tech to north cos they refused to go to school. You and your political correctness will die of hunger as for we down here we are wai

I won't give u my farm address cos I don't owe you, but try to reason sometimes when quoting someone not every comments have political undertones, if 30% Southerners are into farming, we don't need to put all our hopes in Northerners when it comes to food.

1 Share

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2020
LAS LAS THE SOUTH WILL EITHER DRINK ITS OIL OR USE IT TO BUY FOOD FROM THE NORTH tongue

1 Like

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by honest1480(m): 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
CamusMidas:

My will you keep quiet, I was referring to the looting that took place your various places as some of the reason why Onion has skyrocketed over there and you are here talking about mentality.

Which businessman won't put secured transportation of his goods into consideration by conveying them.

We all saw the various trailers that were looted into punitive and you are talking about prople with my mentality. I go change am for you oh.
Looting or no looting, people can't forever dwell on the fear of being looted. Proactive minded people are always taking protective steps.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2020
[b][/b] grin na wa oo....very cheap!
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2020
[b][/b] grin na wa oo....very cheap!
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Solutionchima: 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2020
Hmmm! One is 50 naira in ph
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
honest1480:
Looting or no looting, people can't forever dwell on the fear of being looted. Proactive minded people are always taking protective steps.
Na normal thing, I was pointing out the naivety of your business idea, making it to look like you have just discovered crude oil without looking at other factors.

Na business wey plenty venture into once they go to the north (foodstuff), you go always see something wey dey cheaper for north.

If it is very good easy as you pointed why is everyone not into it. (If most people are into it the prices of such things won't be on the very high side).
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by crytohunter: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2020
Rgade:
Onion is the new crude oyel
We are expecting onion refineries and onion pipelines to start springing up all over the country.
Construction of onion tank farms are already under construction in Port cities of Lagos, port Harcourt,onitsha,warri etc...
Also Ecowas have submitted plans for the planned $4.5bn trans-Atlantic onion pipeline.
l will be onion pipeline vandal, you have to pay us. Dont dont say we didnt warn you. Lol..
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ablemed:
Whilst in some part of the country, the price of Onions is bout matching the price of Gold lol....i and some newly made friends visited a market in Ganjuwa, Bauchi and see the amount of onions I got for just #200 shocked if I should get to buy same in Ibadan I'll spend not less than #500/600

I guess I'm loving Bauchi already grin tho the cold has been hitting sha
How far, let's discuss business. Find out the cost of shipping 10k worth to LAGOS
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Greenback: 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2020
allawizzow:

Hate will not kee you people

Talk about justice or stfu

1 Like

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2020
wink2015:

What is spring onion?

This is spring onions

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by shiki(m): 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2020
kingyang:

This is 4k in my side
which side bro, i have onions to sell in lagos and its cheap
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Weirdgee: 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
honest1480:
Why not take advantage of the price difference to make some cool money for yourself by buying it in large quantity and sell it in another State where the demand and price are high?
u get sense bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Nickelodeon93: 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2020
honest1480:
Why not take advantage of the price difference to make some cool money for yourself by buying it in large quantity and sell it in another State where the demand and price are high?
cost of transportation and police check points and most of all who are ready to buy it.. Abi na the one you go buy all you go chop am
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by BigDick70inch(m): 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2020
jamiudarex:

Which side in Abule egba do you stay

Oja oba side..
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by nedekid: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
honest1480:
By the time you factor cost of transportation, cost of paying all the fees on the road, ie local gov, food and forestry, health people, police etc. The paying for ground at mile 12 for paying those that will sell it for you. You go see say kaki no be leather.
The first hussle I did with my savings after nysc way back 1996 and after listening to one motivational speaker was to travel with one man to go buy yam after doing all my calculations on paper and seeing huge profit margin. Omo, I lost my money, I did not bath for 3 days. (LONG STORY)
You don't just dable into such hussle because you see price difference. Respect people that are currently doing it.

1 Like

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Dexter001(m): 4:12pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ablemed:
Whilst in some part of the country, the price of Onions is bout matching the price of Gold lol....i and some newly made friends visited a market in Ganjuwa, Bauchi and see the amount of onions I got for just #200 shocked if I should get to buy same in Ibadan I'll spend not less than #500/600

I guess I'm loving Bauchi already grin tho the cold has been hitting sha
Are you serving in Ganjuwa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From Recent NYSC Camps Carnival / Ogun Female Corper In Cropped Top Sparks Outrage After Rocking This Attire / I Will Never Forget The Time A Girl Was Caught Having Sex In Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.