Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi (83208 Views)

Eight Corpers Test Positive For COVID-19 In Bauchi / Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp / Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Okoroawusa: 4:16pm On Nov 17, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Not surprised though...am aware onions is gonna be cheap over there in the north

Southerners capitalize or rather take advantage of a situation to enrich themselves at every slightest opportunity...
They increase the price of everything beyond what it is supposed to be once they notice or sense a looming situation just to make wealth...our own selfishness and quick money in this South is too much

There should be a price regulation or rather price control

You see what am saying...imagine what the guy above me is saying...this is not profit making..it is called stealing....Damnnnnn the criminality in every Nigerian especially Southerners is second to non...
Walk out of this thread while I Smoke my weed with anger

The best comment you have made on Nairaland.

Now that you are making sense you are becoming boring.

I liked your comment though
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Sheuns(m): 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ablemed:
Whilst in some part of the country, the price of Onions is bout matching the price of Gold lol....i and some newly made friends visited a market in Ganjuwa, Bauchi and see the amount of onions I got for just #200 shocked if I should get to buy same in Ibadan I'll spend not less than #500/600

I guess I'm loving Bauchi already grin tho the cold has been hitting sha

That’s the advantage there in the north. Money has very high value there.

The cold na the best part o. When the heat comes. You go run o. grin
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by ModestGal(f): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2020
wellmax:

Very typical, am I surprised? Definitely not.
You do not know Nigeria as much as I do. You are probably in your 30s or less.
I know you are lying though, so I am not going to trade words with you. You know nothing, its obvious, reason why you are quick to insults, that's all you do.
Youths down south are lazy. Take that to the bank.
Your type are the ones running this country, and thats why Nigeria won't ever get better, you think backwards, you are still in 1950s,and thats why all aspect of this country is in decline. In advanced countries, how many of their youths are farmers? A youth who has no land should start farming abi?he will farm it on your roof? Again, I repeat, the reason farming is boosting in the North is because the rich invest in lots of farming, and labour is very cheap, give ex Almajiris water, and they will even work for you for free, in the South where Income from, you don't expect a graduate to farm for a rich man in exchange of water, nah, we are more pricey than that. Only the rich and the government can engage in a farming that would be highly productive. Nevertheless, many youths still engage in small farming here, those that have compound, never seen that in the North before in any compound.
If you are not lazy, majority of your people are still living below the poverty line? Lol, still forcing you to school, please just stop, as you make me really laugh
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Kokaine(m): 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ablemed:

Don't talk too much bro, Got a nice one room and parlor all tiled and personal toilet with shower rushing virtually water everywhere and well painted house for 45k yearly, those that got a 3bed room flat got at 150k/year in a well developed estate o. I love the state tho, good roads, street light everywhere at night and minimal cost of food

The state is cool just heard some rumours of Christians/muslims lingering beef

Lool. That is what will shock you most in the north. The impression we have as southerners about the northerners is all media stuff. There is really no one who cares about your religion. They just want to sell their suya, sugarcane and watermelon, then pray and go home to the oza room. Its all media stuff. Hausa man will never come to meet you where you are.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Kokaine(m): 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ibadansun1:
Are you from ibadan?
no
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by AustineJohn908(m): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
moscobabs:
I always say it that if North decide to fight South, they don't need any other weapon to fight us....They should just stop sending foodstuffs to the South....na Hunger go kill us for them.

We Southerners think we are too educated to farm, our land is green with good weather and fertile but we decide to hold on to insufficient white collar jobs.

So pathetic embarassed
You no get sense I swear. as if the SS won't import from others nearby Countries.
Cameroon dey and na just few minutes drive from Akwa ibom/cross River. we still get Benin and I'm pretty sure we go import if we want.

And secondly what if southerners vex? no be to burst out pipelines or stop oil trailers from Leaving the south. Oga use your head we both need each other

1 Like

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by foreshore(m): 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2020
DeOTR:

Don't try it.

Lol
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by CSTRR: 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2020
wellmax:
Without the North, the rest of Nigeria will probably die of hunger.
The south is too educated to die of hunger without war.

Business men would go into the sector and make a big profit.

It's not very profitable now because of the cheap goods coming from the north.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by AroOkigbo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 17, 2020
ehix89:
This is one chance amongst many for you to make it in life, oboy start shipping onions to lagos
The guy may not be saying the truth. I'm sure people with business sense about in same location.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by moscobabs(m): 4:58pm On Nov 17, 2020
AustineJohn908:
You no get sense I swear. as if the SS won't import from others nearby Countries.
Cameroon dey and na just few minutes drive from Akwa ibom/cross River. we still get Benin and I'm pretty sure we go import if we want.

And secondly what if southerners vex? no be to burst out pipelines or stop oil trailers from Leaving the south. Oga use your head we both need each other

How old are u please?
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by MrBen619(m): 4:58pm On Nov 17, 2020
4 of those in Port Harcourt is hundred naira, what a wickedness in the name of business.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by ManirBK: 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2020
moscobabs:
I always say it that if North decide to fight South, they don't need any other weapon to fight us....They should just stop sending foodstuffs to the South....na Hunger go kill us for them.

We Southerners think we are too educated to farm, our land is green with good weather and fertile but we decide to hold on to insufficient white collar jobs.

So pathetic embarassed
I dey laugh bro!
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by AroOkigbo(m): 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2020
wellmax:
Without the North, the rest of Nigeria will probably die of hunger.
I wonder why they are afraid of a disintegrated Nigeria.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by ManirBK: 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2020
kingyang:

This is 4k in my side
do u mean 4000?
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by MrBen619(m): 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2020
4 of those in Port Harcourt is hundred naira in the market, 1 N30 in shops. What a wickedness in the name of business.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by mariahAngel(f): 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2020
pocohantas:
Small small onions dey irritate me, I hate to see them. I can only buy a few for making noodles and frying eggs, but I can’t stand them in large quantities.

Mariangeles/MariahAngel, do you feel the same way? I want to be sure I am not alone. grin

Poco, what are you even saying? I can't do without enough onions in my food na...it's my go-to natural seasoning.
I use one whole small bulb for 3eggs cheesy

you're on your own!
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by honest1480(m): 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2020
nedekid:

By the time you factor cost of transportation, cost of paying all the fees on the road, ie local gov, food and forestry, health people, police etc. The paying for ground at mile 12 for paying those that will sell it for you. You go see say kaki no be leather.
The first hussle I did with my savings after nysc way back 1996 and after listening to one motivational speaker was to travel with one man to go buy yam after doing all my calculations on paper and seeing huge profit margin. Omo, I lost my money, I did not bath for 3 days. (LONG STORY)
You don't just dable into such hussle because you see price difference. Respect people that are currently doing it.

I felt your experience, and it almost sounded funny on the part of not bathing for three days. Well, some of these things can be bought and way-be to those who can sell them for you. But mind you, not in all cases though.

1 Like

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by honest1480(m): 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2020
Nickelodeon93:
cost of transportation and police check points and most of all who are ready to buy it.. Abi na the one you go buy all you go chop am
You can make good arrangement with trusted business people; buy and way-be it to them, while you get your return.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by mechanics(m): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2020
Wow, that's good
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by BeigJawnson(m): 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
moscobabs:

So pathetic embarassed

southerners are now going into farm en masse now...
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by honest1480(m): 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
CamusMidas:

Na normal thing, I was pointing out the naivety of your business idea, making it to look like you have just discovered crude oil without looking at other factors.

Na business wey plenty venture into once they go to the north (foodstuff), you go always see something wey dey cheaper for north.

If it is very good easy as you pointed why is everyone not into it. (If most people are into it the prices of such things won't be on the very high side).
There is nothing that has advantage that doesn't have disadvantage. It all depend on your individual mindset....that's, what you want and how you want to get it.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Edge1(m): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2020
honest1480:
Why not take advantage of the price difference to make some cool money for yourself by buying it in large quantity and sell it in another State where the demand and price are high?

To be honest, they will bill u more than 5k once they notice you are sending them to the south.
Most sympathetic, you are being taxed by southerners who load them in the bus parks.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by pocohantas(f): 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2020
mariahAngel:

Poco, what are you even saying? I can't do without enough onions in my food na...it's my go-to natural seasoning.
I use one whole small bulb for 3eggs cheesy

you're on your own!

I mean(t) I hate small bulbs, I rather use big ones. I can’t be on my own, we are together. angry
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by allawizzow(m): 6:23pm On Nov 17, 2020
Greenback:

Talk about justice or stfu
Keep crying. With your usual victim mentality. What brought southeast into the topic.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by Greenback: 6:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
allawizzow:

Keep crying.
With your usual victim mentality.
What brought southeast into the topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by olyrayy(m): 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Not surprised though...am aware onions is gonna be cheap over there in the north

Southerners capitalize or rather take advantage of a situation to enrich themselves at every slightest opportunity...
They increase the price of everything beyond what it is supposed to be once they notice or sense a looming situation just to make wealth...our own selfishness and quick money in this South is too much

There should be a price regulation or rather price control

You see what am saying...imagine what the guy above me is saying...this is not profit making..it is called stealing....Damnnnnn the criminality in every Nigerian especially Southerners is second to non...
Walk out of this thread while I Smoke my weed with anger

Bro... Didn't you do economics in school? If he decides to ship the onions to Lagos to sell, it would increase the supply of onions in Lagos. As a result of the supply increasing, the price would reduce...

Besides, price control is bullshit and doesn't work. It has bad effect on rural dwellers and producers of these commodities. There are structural reasons for the increase in the price of onions. It's not because all the onions suppliers decided to collude to increase the price.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by themanderon: 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2020
Southerners have not been asking where the billions spent on fertilizers over the years have been going to. We think we are smart but believe me when I tell you the northerners are smarter. We abandoned agriculture down south. Our governors have got no sustainable policy on agriculture, that is why we are in this mess.
Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by jamiudarex(m): 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2020
BigDick70inch:

Oja oba side..
I live at puposola

1 Like

Re: See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi by pacespot(m): 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
Na laziness dey do us in the South where people no dey farm again, food stuffs are very cheap in the north

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From Recent NYSC Camps Carnival / Ogun Female Corper In Cropped Top Sparks Outrage After Rocking This Attire / I Will Never Forget The Time A Girl Was Caught Having Sex In Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.