Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) (46028 Views)

US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) / Plateau Christians Defy Killings, Worship In Burnt Church / Residents Worship In Their Burnt Church After Plateau Massacre. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Coneheadyutes(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
jamalnation:
From light to darkness lord have mercy

Says an ewu christian worshipping a white man's god in whom his ancestors where killed and forced to worship.

Sometimes when I see comments like these, I just want to back flip and die. Biko, what is all this nonsense?

The christian god is the true god of darkness. He or she is the real satan. I would rather worship satan than worship such a blood thirsty demon-god called yahweh. The christian god in the bible murdered more than 2,000,000 million people whilst satan only killed 10. Is that who you truly prefer to worship?

https://www.wired.com/2007/04/old-testament-m/

Please stop this religious bigotry. You are indirectly mocking your ancestors who where killed and forced to serve the white man's god and abandon his own gods.

Wake up from your delusion!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Dragonboll: 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
Let me make your daily activities an enjoyable one. Go to your Audiomack, search "NIGERIAN MIX - DJ KHAYPEE" and enjoy sweet mixtapes.
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by chuksoyo21(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
"I believe that the true worship of God is in our right conducts and not in our religious association and buildings"[b][/b]

Dude is absolutely right on this.
A typical example is seen in the good Samaritan illustration in the Bible...
It was not stated by Jesus if the Samaritan was a Christian or not. Instead, it was established that he was a *Good Samaritan".
All you need do is to be good to man and nature.
Since God created man, there is a trace of God in us all way before religion came to be. And that's our conscience.....
Just be good and let the rest slide, I tell you, you will be doing God's will.

3 Likes

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Humanoid01(m): 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2020
sonmvayina:
We are waking up..even if it is one soul a day...we will get there. Everything they stole from us, they will return them..beginning with our spirituality..
So you despise Christianity because.. ?
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Addbopn: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
you dey disturb the thread na.
See it this way, It's my own little way of legit hustling. I don't have enough money to run Ads. And this a site of over 1m unique visitors and 15m daily pageviews(All free traffic ooo). I just want to be a partaker of the traffic for the mean time. Very soon I'll outgrow this phase. I don't see you as a wicked person btw.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by noskcid(m): 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2020
Every human is a free moral agent.
Do what seem right to you and defend your actions afterwards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by BigBrother9ja: 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
Icon79:
So how come this “war deity” defend them against the British? And today he wants to go back to the same war deity that couldn’t fight the Brits?

Confused people!

O pari

So, how come your god was crying on the cross and felt forsaken?

FATHER FATHER, WHY HAVE THOU FORSAKEN ME??

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Codedlyon: 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2020
I believe in good character only.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by ibuildstuff(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2020
kolafolabi:
All the best to him

1. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

2. O you who believe! Observe your duty to Allâh as it ought to be observed, and let not death overtake you unless you be in a state of complete submission (to your Lord).

Which one to believe?
Well I don't believe any but if I was to choose, I will choose umalukun the God of my forefathers before the British came colonizing us.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Humanoid01(m): 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2020
PigTormentor:
[s][/s]
RUBBISH TRASH.
Bitter soul.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Arewa247(m): 8:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
Islam is the light and the true religion to practice.

1 Like

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by perestroika19: 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:
May the gods of Erimokwokwarien have mercy on Nairalanders
What of Ekrakpamre?

3 Likes

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Humanoid01(m): 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2020
chuksoyo21:
"I believe that the true worship of God is in our right conducts and not in our religious association and buildings"[b][/b]

Dude is absolutely right on this.
A typical example is seen in the good Samaritan illustration in the Bible...
It was not stated by Jesus if the Samaritan was a Christian or not. Instead, it was established that he was a *Good Samaritan".
All you need do is to be good to man and nature.
Since God created man, there is a trace of God in us all way before religion came to be. And that's our conscience.....
Just be good and let the rest slide, I tell you, you will be doing God's will.
That was a parable, and the whole point of it was to teach us not to consider differences (religious, ethnic, tribal, etc. ) before we decide to help others. Jesus forms the basis of Christianity and He told us that He is THE way to the Father, not A way. So for us to be guaranteed a fulfilled life both here and in the afterlife, we have to follow Him. Following Him then makes these things relatively easy for us to do.
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Themaths(m): 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:
May the gods of Erimokwokwarien have mercy on Nairalanders
Lol.... Ughelli Boy. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by emmnprince(m): 8:22pm On Nov 25, 2020
Every man was created with freewill to make choices. You want to serve Satan, it is your choice. You want to serve the Almighty God through Jesus Christ, it is your choice. You want to serve Allah, through his prophet, Muhammed, it is your choice. You want to serve your President, through his vice, it is your choice. Even if you want to serve Me (which I won't allow), my brothers and sisters, it is your choice.

Being a Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist, etc should be one's choice. Freedom of worship whomever we choose to worship is allowed. But when you serve your God/god in a way that violate human rights: to life, association, expression, etc, know you are doomed.

No one should be coerced to follow and pay obeisance to any D(d)eity.

For me, I have chosen to follow Jesus and serve the Almighty God through Him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by oderinde151(m): 8:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
Whether we Choose to Believe JESUS Christ or not, it does not Change who he is.
Whether we Choose to Believe JESUS Christ or not, We all MUST appear and Submit to HIM once we Cross over.
Whether we like it or not or we Believe Him or not, HE ALONE is the one who will Determine our Fate in Eternity..

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

I Cannot be Deceived!!
JESUS Christ My LORD and SAVIOR Forever and Ever
Good evening sir, I'd like you to open a thread on REPENTANCE and RESTITUTION. And I would like to ask a few questions. Please quote me when you see this. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Grandmeister(m): 8:28pm On Nov 25, 2020
Benesis:
Religious intolerance, we will want to convert a muslim to Christianity but will attack the moment the reverse is the case(same with muslims) we will praise God when traditional worshipers turn to Christ, but will curse and abuse and insult when the reverse is the case.

We need to understand that everyone has a right to choose his or her own way..
Do Christians convert with an ak47 in one hand and a bible in the other hand?
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by PervertProphet: 8:30pm On Nov 25, 2020
This is the utmost reason why every Church has to engage in deep apologetics work for every Christian member. It is not just no more enough with just giving sermons.

The devil is riding on the wide ignorance of a lot of these mere Church goers who call themselves "Christians" and there are not enough Christian Apologetics. I don't mean just Pastors(This dispensation needs not just poorly educated pastors. Although, the poorly educated pastors are more willing to offer their service to Jesus than the more educated African Christians who are 80% of the time so lukewarm that it's becoming a shameful thing). I am talking Apologetics as obtainable in the US for Instance like Dr. Gary Habermas, Dr. William Lane Craig, Mathematician David Belinski, David Wood, Prof. John Lennox, Pastor David Lynn M.sc, Dr. Jay Smith, Bob the Builder, Lady Hatun of DCCI(Speaker's Corner, UK), Sam Shamoun, Christian Prince and Al-Fadi of CIRA International both of them from Saudi-Arabia, etcetera who are refuting the lies and propaganda against Christianity from Atheism, Islam, Secularism, Jehovah Witnesses, etcetera.

There is need for the African Church to wake up to the lies and Propaganda spread everywhere against Christianity. Anyone who studies history knows Christianity in Africa is even older than Muhammad, the founder of Islam and older than the Christianity in Europe.

Seasoned Christian African Apologetics need to be up and doing in the task against satanic seeds of lies from demonic traditionalism, islam, Jehovah Witnesses, heretic Christian sects masquerading within the Christian fold. This is not a time to act all nice while these devilish seeds keep telling lies against the gospel of Jesus Christ. Only few Nigerian or African Christian apologetics are currently setting the pace. Of note is Korede of S Apologist Youtube channel. Him and a few others focus against the lies of Islam spread by charlatans like Yusuf Adepoju, Jamiu Adegunwa.

If you are a Christian whether Male or female and you have been blessed with intelligence. Now is the time to bring it to bear in a particular field against the different lies of Satan masked up as different other religions or belief systems. Those in the Science field who are Christians. For long we have allowed the Atheistic clowns to get away with the false assertion that you can't be a scientist and be a Christian. When it's historically proven that Christianity has contributed more scientist giants than any other religion.

Stop being just mere neutral or lukewarm Christians. The only way to prove you love God: Jesus Christ is not by asking him for Miracles like so many Church are fond of holding services just only for aspects like this. The only way is as shown in John 21:17:

He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.

We need to feed the Sheep with the correct knowledge. We have left it open to the wolves dressed as angels of light for too long to continue to devour the sheep.
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Coolcalmcollect(m): 8:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
Bornhato:
He'll be back when problem arises
so as you be christian, you no get problem? smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by chuksoyo21(m): 8:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
Humanoid01:

That was a parable, and the whole point of it was to teach us not to consider differences (religious, ethnic, tribal, etc. ) before we decide to help others. Jesus forms the basis of Christianity and He told us that He is THE way to the Father, not A way. So for us to be guaranteed a fulfilled life both here and in the afterlife, we have to follow Him. Following Him then makes these things relatively easy for us to do.
The thrust of the teaching is to do good irrespective of what one identifies himself with.
Doing good and keeping right is the best religion one can ever practice.
In the said illustration of the Good Samaritan, a priest and levite walked passed and none helped out.
You don't have to be a Christian or Moslem time be kind to humanity.
Kindness and love for everyone supercedes all form of religion.
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by silentoperator: 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2020
TMSMedia:
"I Realized I Have Been Duped By Foreign Myths" - Nigerian Man Publicly Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship (Photos)

A man identified as Bodmas Prince Kemepadei from Sagbama, Bayelsa State has publicly denounced his Christianity and accepted the Egbesu worship, IgbereTV reports.

Egbesu is an ancient war deity entrusted to the Ijaw ethnic nation by the Almighty to defend themselves in times of war and oppression. The ancient cult declined after the successful British occupation of the Ijaw lands in the late 19th century.

The Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island graduate took to Facebook on Tuesday, November 24, to announce the denounciation and reaffirm his obeisance to Egbesu deity, saying that he has realized that that he was duped by foreign myths.

According to Kemepadei, he believes that the "true worship of God is in our right conducts and not in religious association and buildings." He concluded by challenging his friends to publicly denounce their Christian faith.

Read his post below.

https://www.facebook.com/100043992782682/posts/214543853355373/?app=fbl
I don't blame him. After what i went through with Naija Christians and Trump debacle, if you no get mind eh you go just decamp.
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by DennisEche(m): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2020
Try this with the pissful religion and have your head rolling.
Christianity is grace to do anything.
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Humanoid01(m): 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2020
chuksoyo21:

The thrust of the teaching is to do good irrespective of what one identifies himself with.
Doing good and keeping right is the best religion one can ever practice.
In the said illustration of the Good Samaritan, a priest and levite walked passed and none helped out.
You don't have to be a Christian or Moslem time be kind to humanity.
Kindness and love for everyone supercedes all form of religion.
I already explained that in my comment. Love actually is the best religion, but have you forgotten that God Himself hates sin? If you claim to love your neighbour and do good to them, and sin against God, then you do not love Him. If you do not love Him, then what you feel for your neighbour is just something that looks like love, not love itself.
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
Addbopn:

See it this way, It's my own little way of legit hustling. I don't have enough money to run Ads. And this a site of over 1m unique visitors and 15m daily pageviews(All free traffic ooo). I just want to be a partaker of the traffic for the mean time. Very soon I'll outgrow this phase. I don't see you as a wicked person btw.
Cheers
I get it sha. But try put the add on your signature then direct people to a specially created thread. Instead of posting directly on threads so as to avoid ban.
Peace from here cool
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by gp6liveth(m): 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2020
Bodmas had never been a Christian. I have attacked him several with his egbesu. They will definitely submit to Jesus Christ the true Messiah and Redeemer
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by TinubuGoQuench(f): 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2020
Donjay2:

Are you talking about Eruemukowharien?, That's the name of my community in ughelli north local government Delta State.

Yes I spelt it wrongly
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by YungMillionaire: 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2020
I would rather bow down to an African God than to Jesus or Allah. Sango, Amadioha, Ogun, Osun we know who da faack is Jesus or Allah?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by TinubuGoQuench(f): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
perestroika19:

What of Ekrakpamre?

Dat one still follow
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by ibuildstuff(m): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
Dangrace01:

How we go get am now. We are born Christian's but every human being that reason well knows Christianity has issues but na d mind to denounce am b d thing

The protection you talk about is it traditional or Christian
We're are not born Christian's o. A child that is born today doesn't have a religion, it's as we grow then we choose the religion we see our parents practicing. That's why a child born to a Muslim parents will be a Muslim n that born to a Christian parents will be a Christian.

Even the so called righteousness that's preaching up n down in nairaland, if he was born in place like kebbi, to a Muslim parents, he will probably be an Iman.

2 Likes

Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by jimter44(m): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
Jesus Christ forever, no turning backwards.
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by kareemkamil(m): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
If u like enter the river & say u want to see ur accesstor
Re: Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) by YungMillionaire: 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
Arewa247:
Islam is the light and the true religion to practice.

The religion of piss? The ones that behead people because of cartoon? That religion? God forbid bad thing. I would rather be an armed robber than be a member of the religion of piss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Prophet MKO Tibetan: Saraki Will Be Impeached Before October And Sent To Jail / Bishop Oyedepo At His Secondary School's 50th Anniversary (GSS, Omu-Aran) / Israel’s Reshet TV Documentary On T.B. Joshua’s Relocation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.