Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. (33852 Views)

El-Rufai Demolishes Asher Hotel In Kaduna Over Proposed Sex Party / Proposed Endsars Protest: Lagos Police Withdraw Men From Individuals. / ASUU Blasts FG, Aisha Buhari Over Proposed Muhammadu Buhari University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by NEUDUDE: 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
Why won't they beg. You know how much LOOT and STASH they keep there haha.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by 360command: 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
Stephenlord:
But I want to ask, What story is Nigerian government going to tell them?
simple, we did not shoot at the endsars protester.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by woolinla(m): 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
*Another one�*
� *Free 500 naira* �
Download VPD APP from PlayStore

HV3OLM

Verify Your Email Address

and Boom You Are eligible to Refer as Many Friends as You can and Get 500 Naira Per Referral

U get the 500 naira Instantly

Download with this Link

https://vpd.money

Use My Referral Code below �

HV3OLM
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by NEUDUDE: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
wink2015:

NIGERIA GOVERNMENT HAVE NO REGARD FOR ITS OWN CITIZEN.

BUT THEY ARE AFRAID OF FOREIGN POWERS.

The federal government is quick to respond to statement from foreign powers but they bluntly ignore its own citizen.

When foreign powers breath over Nigeria the federal government catches cold.

WE ALL SAW HOW OBASANJO WAS USELESS BEFORE THE UNITED NATION AND CAMEROUN OVER THE DISPUTED BAKASSI PENINSULA THAT WAS EVENTUALLY AWARDED TO CAMEROUN DUE TO OBASANJO 'S STUPIDITY.

We all saw how the federal government could not manage the P & I Contract which subsequently led to a UK court initially awarded damages against the Nigeria government but for the grace of God Nigeria would have been bankrupt paying for that initial verdict.

Fvck with foreign powers at your own peril, these vultures know. Foreign powers + masses = "Their downfall" so they'd definitely thread with caution lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Lexusgs430: 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
Muhylonaire007:

Lwkmd grin grin grin grin
I support you.... But you wicked sha grin grin grin grin

The only time this politicians might be forced to fix Nigeria, is when they have no alternative country to run to.......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Naughtysex: 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
GreyLaw:

Thanks a lot. I try so hard to ignore some of the comments here but sometimes I am forced to comment. Again thanks for the reminder. Let me just face my own life.
Arguing with him will makes him think he's making sense

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Abucity: 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Apologize?

Has SARS not been disbanded? What was the further protest for?

So Lagos State first declared curfew at 4pm on the day of Lekki event, but considering those that would be caught unaware, it was moved to 9pm.

According to the report, the army arrived at the scene at 7: 45pm when the protesters was just about to start their party.

Does it mean they were ready to defy the curfew declared if not for the army intervention?

some people are just so unfortunate. I'm sure injustice from the government is coming to happen to member of your family, let's see your take by then
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Foolishbuhari: 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:
I really don't know why some Nigerians are selfish with their thoughts..

Cos you don't like Buhari does not mean you should be praying for nonsense sanction which will eventually affect the common masses...

Shut up already mumu BMC! No one was killed at Lekki abi?! Shut up and stop crying

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by luckyz4rea(m): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Cos you don't like Buhari does not mean you should be praying for nonsense sanction which will eventually affect the common masses...

Were we not already affected before sanction? If this sanction will set things right let us be affected to avoid such affecting in the future

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Foolishbuhari: 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
GreyLaw:

See, I don't think anybody in this country really wants trouble. If Nigerians are truly troublesome, giving the poor state of governance and the economy, people would have gone berserk with riots and all that.

No matter how hard the government tries to hide, the truth is that there was some form of violence meted out to the protesters. Sanwo Olu said 2 people died. People are angry and Nigerians are feeling insulted and exploited without any consequence.

The place the military went to was Lekki, the most peaceful area of the protest. They had no business going there. Places like Orile and others where there were touts destroying things were the places the soldiers should have gone. Now, in the light of all this, the government could have issued an apology to assuage the anger of the citizens. Remember nobody will be in government forever.

"A soft answer turneth away wrath", so says the Bible.

My brother no dey answer that BMC fool Abeg... Save your battery! That stupid bit.ch initially said no one was killed at Lekki. She said the army was never there. Now see him or her whining everywhere like a pregnant goat.

Please save your battery for sane people!
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by msylva2147(m): 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
I pity a lot of people here because it's the poor that will always be at the receiving end.
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Seyzcham91(m): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2020
you are right!
Farki:

Nemesis is finally catching up with them and their pawns here. If you noticed recently they have reduced their comments on this forum.
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by GEEBITE: 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
Stop engaging that dude.This is his daytime job and what he does for a living. When he finds something useful to do with his life,he will fizzle out just like one of his Ibadan mates solmus.
martineverest:
chaos?...how is support for UK sanctions chaos?.....
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Muhylonaire007: 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:

The only time this politicians might be forced to fix Nigeria, is when they have no alternative country to run to.......

That's true bro
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Stephenlord(m): 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2020
360command:
simple, we did not shoot at the endsars protester.

Loooool
even when they have the videos of the shootings...
This government is funny
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by babatee90(m): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
GreyLaw:

Buhari and his appointees are hardly likeable. They made a mistake in using deadly force to quell the protest, and any other government could have made that mistake. How how about simply apologising and let everybody move on?

The government is in denial and taking Nigerians for a ride, insulting their intelligence in the process. That's why people are reacting the way they are.
Your comment shows you are not only educated but intelligent and full of empathy as well the only thing you did wrong was replying that fool but your forgiving given the full detailed and sensible response...bless you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Minjim: 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
Fools! Who are the UK govt ?
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by GreyLaw(m): 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
SmartyPants:

I have studied this case exhaustively and I can promise you to near 100% certainty that those that were shot were shot by police not the army.

Wow! That's another possibility. I remember some people said after the soldiers left some policemen came around.
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by lexy2014: 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
Canvass:

Curfew was for 9 but the army arrived at 7:45. A whole lot can be done in 1 hour and 15 minutes. To avoid this kind of troubles, the army should have waited until the appointed 9. Plus the sanctions won't affect common masses that can hardly feed theselves talkless travel abroad. Those guys said sanctions for government officials found culpable.

However, that does not mean I agree with U.K or any country meddling with our internal affairs. Can we sanction them for whatever happens in their own country? Condemning government actions is the most I expect from any country. This is how we invite them in and make them our overlords only to start complaining later.

Great points u raised. So on point. But d sanctions are good since it will mostly affect those people who use of foreign exchange to travel to d UK as if they are going to their kitchen. It will be awesome. Our politicians fear not going abroad much more than they fear going to hell

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Minjim: 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Is this about liking or not liking Buhari?
This is about justice!
Everyone has a reason for their beliefs
You that you are supporting the FG, what's your reason?
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by lkillbrokehoes: 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
Chii59:
I'm fugly grin
Ok grin
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Minjim: 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2020
Canvass:

Curfew was for 9 but the army arrived at 7:45. A whole lot can be done in 1 hour and 15 minutes. To avoid this kind of troubles, the army should have waited until the appointed 9. Plus the sanctions won't affect common masses that can hardly feed theselves talkless travel abroad. Those guys said sanctions for government officials found culpable.

However, that does not mean I agree with U.K or any country meddling with our internal affairs. Can we sanction them for whatever happens in their own country? Condemning government actions is the most I expect from any country. This is how we invite them in and make them our overlords only to start complaining later.

As long as our leaders continue to be dictators that can't adhere to simple tenet of Democracy, the West will continue to meddle in our affair. It's for the good of the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by lukui: 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2020
give to ceasar that which is due to ceasar and to God that which is due to God

what concerns uk for naija matter?
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by SEGLIZ: 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

@helinues
it's one to love someone but it is another ball game entirely to be able to look such in the eye and knock the truth to him or her.
you dear brother, knows the basic truth but allow your love for Buhari becloud your sense of reasoning and judgement.
I rooted for buhari and still loving the man but truth is concerning the toll gate saga baba goofed big time.
when wife mentioned 'cabals', people went for woman's head but this is the resultant effect of look away.
there are bad and evil element within and around bubu that brought about the toll gate massacre, a clean job was done to that effect lai is demanding for corpse of which he knows the where about of same.
some decisions of the president is back firing, I wonder why his service chiefs are still on seat, police chiefs, and many? the whole are not bringing the desired result why keep them.
this whole thing is not an attack on Buhari, forget about the wailers that catching in this to call him out, this is about the evil element hiding under the good will and calmness of the president to undermine the country.
Dear Brother, we comrade in the struggle to salvage the little that left of this nation but the only thing here is if we can lay the truth bare only then can we forge.
this sanction is meant for the bad elements the president should seize the opportunity to purge the nation of some nasty monster that is all everyone is demanding not his head.
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by kunle75(m): 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
faste:
A ballanced lies naw!

Abi nah,life self wan balance
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by slowice(m): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Apologize?

So Lagos State first declared curfew at 4pm on the day of Lekki event, but considering those that would be caught unaware, it was moved to 9pm.

According to the report, the army arrived at the scene at 7: 45pm when the protesters was just about to start their party.

Does it mean they were ready to defy the curfew declared if not for the army intervention?

My friend keep quiet.... Even if they defy the curfew does that mean they should be murdered? I thought with all the blame trading between the army and lasg people like you should ve been able the see that it was a deliberate setup but no....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by DMerciful(m): 4:12pm On Nov 26, 2020
Do you prejudge a civil disobedience that has not occurred? Is there anything like precrime? No crime has been committed until 9pm so you cannot punish someone before a crime is committed. How do you reason self?
helinues:

Apologize?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by chozzy: 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2020
Fear of travel ban
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Sunnyja: 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

How does imposing sanctions on politicians and others who derives joy in killing armless protesters makes the common man to suffer?!
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Franktom247(m): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lie lie government una no tell uk anything dem go still knack una the ban
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by yemi1504: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Abeggi shutti up there Z0mbie! Fem!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Abuja After A Stop Over In London / Aisha Buhari’s ADC, Sani Baba-Inna, Detained By Us - DSS Confirms / Natasha Akpoti Loses Polling Unit To Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.