Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,668 members, 7,959,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:25 AM

Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. (34139 Views)

El-Rufai Demolishes Asher Hotel In Kaduna Over Proposed Sex Party / Proposed Endsars Protest: Lagos Police Withdraw Men From Individuals. / ASUU Blasts FG, Aisha Buhari Over Proposed Muhammadu Buhari University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by obeyizy(m): 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:
I really don't know why some Nigerians are selfish with their thoughts..

Cos you don't like Buhari does not mean you should be praying for nonsense sanction which will eventually affect the common masses...

Individual sanctions... It would not affect the any damn masses.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by lexy2014: 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Cos you don't like Buhari does not mean you should be praying for nonsense sanction which will eventually affect the common masses...

What type of sanctions do u think d UK will sanction nigeria? Kindly name d sanctions that made u arrive at ur conclusion

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by faste: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Buhari is not mentally?psychologically,intellectually fit for that office.president work is not a retirment benefit for an almost expired citizen.He should resign. !But then ...this is nigeria!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by ClearFlair: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2020
For what?
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Brushstrokes20: 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
I thought the bloodthirsty govt of self serving thieves said they are unperturbed with UK sanctions....

Bunch of irredeemable simpletons!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by oviexcels(m): 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

So because your relatives were involved, that's why you want to cause chaos and confusion?

Slap yourself by yourself with yourself, the thing wey you write there read am again whether e make sense?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Playmaker99: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Don't ever compared Subsidy protest with ENDSARS protest... Even upon how organised the subsidy protest was ( Organised by Cambridge Analytical on behalf of the then opposition) , there was still some deaths and casualities..

To honest with you i don't think you are residing in this country,
Cause if you are and you are still saying this things then it's a huge shame on you.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Canvass: 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Apologize?

Has SARS not been disbanded? What was the further protest for?

So Lagos State first declared curfew at 4pm on the day of Lekki event, but considering those that would be caught unaware, it was moved to 9pm.

According to the report, the army arrived at the scene at 7: 45pm when the protesters was just about to start their party.

Does it mean they were ready to defy the curfew declared if not for the army intervention?

Curfew was for 9 but the army arrived at 7:45. A whole lot can be done in 1 hour and 15 minutes. To avoid this kind of troubles, the army should have waited until the appointed 9. Plus the sanctions won't affect common masses that can hardly feed theselves talkless travel abroad. Those guys said sanctions for government officials found culpable.

However, that does not mean I agree with U.K or any country meddling with our internal affairs. Can we sanction them for whatever happens in their own country? Condemning government actions is the most I expect from any country. This is how we invite them in and make them our overlords only to start complaining later.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by MrEgghead(m): 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2020
sodiqapril:
What are you approaching them for after making mouth, Nigerian government will learn the hard way that you don't go around the globe shamelessly begging for loans and still abuse human rights in your country...silly animals
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by dikeigbo2(m): 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

this picure depicts your life.......continue enslaving yourself and generation

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
How Fools took over governance of sane people is what still beats my imagination till date undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Decallionaire: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
When I read this story, I was waiting for some foolish replies from Helinus and co. And boom, I found it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by rajiedreez: 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
so enfor
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by faste: 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Apologize?

So Lagos State first declared curfew at 4pm on the day of Lekki event, but considering those that would be caught unaware, it was moved to 9pm.

According to the report, the army arrived at the scene at 7: 45pm when the protesters was just about to start their party.

Does it mean they were ready to defy the curfew declared if not for the army intervention?
was that peacefull protest a threat to nigeria existence?There are far more alarming issues that demanded army intervention but as a bunch of cowards in military uniform which they are,they choose to look the other way.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Limitless72(m): 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
GreyLaw:

Buhari and his appointees are hardly likeable. They made a mistake in using deadly force to quell the protest, and any other government could have made that mistake. How how about simply apologising and let everybody move on?

The government is in denial and taking Nigerians for a ride, insulting their intelligence in the process. That's why people are reacting the way they are.

The NA said if the same situation present itself, they wouldn't approach it any differently than they did..

Do you still think they feel remorseful ?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Muhylonaire007: 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
tyup:
shocked

In any sanction to be given, I think Lai Mohammed should have 3x of it including those ragtags on here saying twas faked and kept hitting at DJ switch. thank you

I support you grin weere ni lai Muhammad yen

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Oposca77: 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2020
see below
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Muhylonaire007: 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Buhari MUST be banned from travelling to the UK....... cheesy

He must only attend hospitals in Nigeria..... Let's watch him die slowly.......

Lwkmd grin grin grin grin
I support you.... But you wicked sha grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by jaytii(f): 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
GreyLaw:

See, I don't think anybody in this country really wants trouble. If Nigerians are truly troublesome, giving the poor state of governance and the economy, people would have gone berserk with riots and all that.

No matter how hard the government tries to hide, the truth is that there was some form of violence meted out to the protesters. Sanwo Olu said 2 people died. People are angry and Nigerians are feeling insulted and exploited without any consequence.

The place the military went to was Lekki, the most peaceful area of the protest. They had no business going there. Places like Orile and others where there were touts destroying things were the places the soldiers should have gone. Now, in the light of all this, the government could have issued an apology to assuage the anger of the citizens. Remember nobody will be in government forever.

"A soft answer turneth away wrath", so says the Bible.

FYI
Soldiers were deployed to all areas in the state after the police was overwhelmed and a was curfew imposed.
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Mayng01(m): 1:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
Shameless government

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Businessicon: 1:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
Desperate Government. All the souls wey die for lekki toll gate go disturb all of una for dream!
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Mensch86631: 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Even before the intervention of army, the protesters were already infringing on the right of other Nigerians.

I blamed FG for not proactive on the protesters immediately SARS was disbanded.. Even Trump had to send Federal troops to quench the BLM protest
trump send federal troops, did de kill unarm civilians i

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Dareal90s(m): 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Even before the intervention of army, the protesters were already infringing on the right of other Nigerians.

I blamed FG for not proactive on the protesters immediately SARS was disbanded.. Even Trump had to send Federal troops to quench the BLM protest
Which mumu SARS ar u talking about, the SARS that ar still operating all over Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Dareal90s(m): 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
dejol88:

Let me tell you the truth, no matter how much you try to teach Nigerians how things is done , they will still argue blindly.

Bad education is worst than no education

My brother give up the explanation and watch from the stands.

Nigeria is irredeemable!
Whose fault is it that we av bad education?
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Apologize?

what a dummy you are

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by 2sexycom(m): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

Apologize?

You will be online defending nonsense and one day you will caught in web of military brutality with no of save you from a crime u know nothing about.

The worst thing that can happen to you is assume it can never happen to you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by nettpen: 1:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

What has government done to make the standard of an average Nigeria better?

If you don't know what to say keep shut.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by bigcasava1(m): 1:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Originalsly: 1:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
Canvass:

However, that does not mean I agree with U.K or any country meddling with our internal affairs. Can we sanction them for whatever happens in their own country? Condemning government actions is the most I expect from any country. This is how we invite them in and make them our overlords only to start complaining later.

I hear you. But condemning FG's action will do nothing since it will not personally affect those in charge. We have seen that repeatedly... nothing changes unless it affects the elites. #ENDSARS protests would've done nothing of it didn't draw international attention... which would bring the spotlight on the FG.... and if there was no rioting and looting which affected the the elite and multinational businesses.... and the targetting of residences of politicians. The UK is not meddling in our affairs..... they are simply restricting who enters their country... and that's their right. I just hope they extend the restrictions to family members. Let them be confined to Nigeria..... under conditions they championed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Ournolly: 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
helinues:

The sanction according to the woman will not affect masses by any means.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approaches UK Over Proposed #endsars Sanctions. by Reasoning(m): 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
GreyLaw:

Buhari and his appointees are hardly likeable. They made a mistake in using deadly force to quell the protest, and any other government could have made that mistake. How how about simply apologising and let everybody move on?

The government is in denial and taking Nigerians for a ride, insulting their intelligence in the process. That's why people are reacting the way they are.
Apologize? That means those that gave the orders must resign for their failure, and the next enthrone head of state must compensate the deaths victims families with even state or National burials to appease Nigerian and the World at Large. The question is; Will they apologize and resign? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Pays Condolence Visit To Nasarawa Over Airstrike, Death Of Governor Son / Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency / Obidients Sing National Anthem At Lagos Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.