Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate (29524 Views)

UNEC Students Procure Refreshments Ahead Of Tomorrow's Election / Garba Shehu To Akeredolu: No State Authorised To Procure Automatic Weapons / Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2020
grin grin
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Farki: 9:04am On Nov 27, 2020
Chai look as one small thing will Bleep up the whole plan.

Also the Super Tucano is neither a jet nor a fighter plane.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Areaboy2(m): 9:04am On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:
The Super Tacano is a lightweight turboprop multirole combat aircraft more suited for air to ground support and surviellance missions.

It requires very short runway for take off and landings .

What in God's name are these idiots talking about specialized runway when the aircraft can even land in remote jungle grass fields?

The fact that they approached the US instead of the main manufacturer (Embrar) in Brazil just shows how corrupt, stupid and criminally insane these idiots running the armed forces are.

I was gonna type this same thing before I saw yours.. Top comment!

Its either our govt is stupid or incompetent or both.. I just give up

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Badonasty(m): 9:05am On Nov 27, 2020
lol...can you imagine...all in the bid to chop their share out of the contract money they didn't do the proper research of what they want to buy
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Tajsagay(m): 9:05am On Nov 27, 2020
The new aircraft was to be suited to the Amazon region (high temperature, moisture, and precipitation; low threat). The ALX (Super Tacano ) was then specified as a turboprop engine aircraft with a long-range and autonomy, able to operate night and day, in any meteorological conditions, and able to land on short airfields lacking infrastructure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano#Design_and_development

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2020
NIGERIA YOUTH ARE YOU CRAZY PLS COME OUT IF YOU NEED YOUR FUTURE TO BE BETTER (YOU CAN IMAGINE NIGERIA AIRFORCE LOSE MONEY AND THE AIRCRAFT HHHHHMMMMM but how come lunacy behavior taking Nigeria government
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by CSTRR: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2020
Ordinary A-29 is what is worrying like this.

A mere turbo device.

Morocco has already received their consignment of F-16.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Bmaster(m): 9:07am On Nov 27, 2020
grin

embarassed we ought to accept our fate as Nigerians,
God is omniscient,he knew we will go through what we are passing through now
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by stevenosa(m): 9:07am On Nov 27, 2020
bid4rich:

Source: https://punchng.com/nigeria-may-lose-493m-paid-to-procure-fighter-jets-senate/

Haba, is this plane bigger than the ones that has been using our various airports that we have?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by GBTYO: 9:08am On Nov 27, 2020
NGpatriot:

This is a Super Tucano taking off and landing on a rugged terrain..

Are you changing mouth now?

Yeye

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by SmartPolician: 9:10am On Nov 27, 2020
Nbotee:
Hehehehehe... And Nigeria don scam us again... So dey did not know dey didnt have standard runways before paying for d jets?? Now we know why Buhari wanted a rubber stamped senate

Let's be reasonable with our criticisms, please.

How on earth were they supposed to know?

I blame the American firm because they are the professionals here. The company should've known better and informed them.

They should have a policy where their clients take care of their logistics for on-the-spot inspection of airport facilities BEFORE payments for such expensive jets are accepted.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Ofemmanu1: 9:11am On Nov 27, 2020
osamz007:
ALL OF UNA DEY VERY STUPID
buhari is very stupid.

Tucano than can take off on a potorpotor land?!

Even BH could fly it from sambisa forest.

Buhari is a foolish basterrd wasting away our blood and sweat.
I really wish pple like Hushpoppi loot those looters.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by CSTRR: 9:12am On Nov 27, 2020
Nigerian ambitions are so poor.
A mere A-29.

Bad leadership has finished us.

Turkey is expanding to the sahel. I won't be surprised if they set up in Sudan and Burkina Faso.
They are already at our doorsteps.

If we had a strong military that can project power, it would have curtailed a lot of nonsense.

Nigeria is paying for bad leadership.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by DexterousOne(m): 9:12am On Nov 27, 2020
NGpatriot:
@ ignorant ipob spewing their ignorant anti Nigerian Igbos, the fact that you hate Nigeria doesn't mean you should not read, do basic research or swallow every anti Nigerian rubbish, it makes you look and sound dumb and ignorant.

You have started again
You were the coward that reported me that got me banned the other time

You keep making inflammatory comments and getting away with it
When someone else calls you out in it
You go and report the person undecided

Simple word of advise
Bigotry will not help you
Let go of it
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by DexterousOne(m): 9:12am On Nov 27, 2020
DexterousOne:

You have started again

Simple word of advise
Let go of it

undecided
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by etrouble: 9:12am On Nov 27, 2020
Fahdiga:
They have already looted this one. just giving excuses

The Minister of Aviation is one of the three performing Ministers in this rogue government. The other two are Amaechi and Fashola. Check the Aviation Minster's record. He has rebuilt/refurbished several airports that Obasanjo, Yar'Adua, and Goatluck left to rotten.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by SocialJustice: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2020
Alarmist. Na so to lose $493m dey easy. Make we hear word jor. Sort it out.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by DexterousOne(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2020
DexterousOne:

You have started again

Simple word of advise
Let go of it

Harbouring such hate and disdain for your country man
Then saying in the same breath that God bless Nigeria does not go together
Only a country that the people dont hate their countrymen is the one God will bless
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by MRSAWEDOFF: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5o5W-c1bWo

A woman has been caught in cctv stealing human hair from a hair shop in Abuja. The lady in question used the current COVID-19 pandemic as an excuse to wear face mask and sun shades with he aim to hide her identity.

Posing as a potential customer, the lady distracted the sales girl several times and while she wasn't looking, stope items from the shop.

According to the owner of the shop who was heard at the background while watching the cctv clip, the hair alone costs more than two hundred thousand naira ($500).

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by bendike: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2020
Those aircraft are not fighter Jets they are turboprop! They are freeking propellar aircrafts that should be able to operate from grass fields. Which one is runway not up to standard again? In war do you have to have runway made of gold? Runways that are bombed and put back in use within hours.
I always sad it was stupid of naija to buy military equipment from the US. But of course the dullard wanted to shine for trump. We warned that America was not a reliable partner. They can sanction you and electronically shut down those aircraft from the US just like your iPhone. They can refuse to sell you maintainance and parts for flimsy escuse. Russia, Brazil would have made better alternatives.
Will you pay for a car and the car manufacturer will tell you he wount deliver (after collecting your money) because your road is not like the auto Bahn?
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by DexterousOne(m): 9:15am On Nov 27, 2020
CSTRR:
A mere A-29.

Turkey is expanding to the sahel. I won't be surprised if they set up in Sudan and Burkina Faso.

If we had a strong military that can project power, it would have curtailed a lot of nonsense.

Very true
Bad leadership
And short sighted citizens

All they know is to be tagging people as IPOB
And creating further divisions amongst ourselves
When we should be one country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Soldiercole(m): 9:15am On Nov 27, 2020
make una make sure we no lossam
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by bendike: 9:16am On Nov 27, 2020
stevenosa:

Haba, is this plane bigger than the ones that has been using our various airports that we have?
I taya. Bloody propeller aircrafts.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by alphaRego01(m): 9:16am On Nov 27, 2020
When some people go finally die,dem go surely dry like stockfish
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Royalfurnitures: 9:17am On Nov 27, 2020
Why wasn't the inspection done before making the payment?

I'm sure they were in a hurry to pay as to get their cuts

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Farki: 9:18am On Nov 27, 2020
CSTRR:
A mere A-29.

Or we could have made it ourselves but Buharic zombies hate education.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by chatinent: 9:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Money gone to their pockets.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by vicfajeze: 9:18am On Nov 27, 2020
NGpatriot:

1. We did not buy anything from Brazil and the planes are not being built in Brazil.

2. The US Government via the Pentagon award the contract to Sierra Nevada in Jacksonville Florida in the US to build the plane on our behalf and we paid the US government directly.

3. Have you asked yourself why we paid the US government for Brazilian planes instead of Brazil or why we bought weapons and munitions for the planes from the US instead of Brazil and why the planes are being built in the US instead of Brazil and why the US is building airfield and support facilities for the planes here in Nigeria instead of Brazil?

4. Brazil is the origin of the plane, but what we are buying is coming from Sierra Nevada corporation in Florida, USA hence the involvement of the US government and the Pentagon.

Have you asked yourself why why the transaction is in the US Government Register Archives?

The US government/Pentagon awarded the contract to build the plane too an American company called Sira Nevada to be built in the Florida, USA.

You ignorant illiterates won't learn and instead of learning, you confuse yourselves with dumb and ignorant stuff that you don't know anything about.

finishing
fin
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by DexterousOne(m): 9:19am On Nov 27, 2020
NGpatriot:

Especially when Igbos are mostly ignorant and unintelligent.

Your ipob brother and useless senator making noise need critical education about the AFB in Kainji, for knowledgeable people, it's called Nigerian Air Force's 407 Air Combat Training Group.

This is the most relevant and important AFB in Nigeria, this is where we train our combat and fighter pilots, this is where they train to fly all our combat assets from Alpha Jets to Heavy Duty transporters like C-130 Hercules.

Are you and your ipob brother in the senate saying we train our best to fly Alpha Jets to Heavy Duty transporters like C-130 Hercules on your village bish roads? grin grin

407 Air Combat Training Group in Kainji is also where we do our Alpha Jet aircraft Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM.

There's a reason why they pick this particular airforce base to house the Tucanos, it's because it's the most relevant base in Nigeria and it's about to even get better with world class construction of new facilities including new airfield by the (United States Army Corps of Engineers).

My question to you and your ipob brother in the senate is, if alpha jests and even the massive heavy duty transporters like the C-130 Hercules can jet up and down the runway in Kainji, what's stopping or preventing a turbo prop like the Tucano that they design to actually take off and land on rugged terrain?

It beats me why you Igbos come up with the dumbest rubbish ever?

grin grin grin

So a senator from the south east is also an "IPOB Member" abi?
This man is something else
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Stallion93(m): 9:19am On Nov 27, 2020
grin
THEY SHOULD CALL IT WELL
TUCANO JETS
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Farki: 9:20am On Nov 27, 2020
NGpatriot:
@ ignorant ipob spewing their ignorant anti Nigerian Igbos, the fact that you hate Nigeria doesn't mean you should not read, do basic research or swallow every anti Nigerian rubbish, it makes you look and sound dumb and ignorant.

When zombies have nothing else to say they tag the people calling out their stupidity as IPOB. I wonder what kind of "patriot" hates an entire ethic group.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Magodo: Lagos Reps Demand Probe Of Malami Over Involvement In Planned Demolition / Boko Haram Insurgents Arrested In Ondo / House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.