Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate (29210 Views)

UNEC Students Procure Refreshments Ahead Of Tomorrow's Election / Garba Shehu To Akeredolu: No State Authorised To Procure Automatic Weapons / Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Tekrify(m): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
Nothing but the truth..but I believe there is more to it..the runway according to an article I read was really bad ..Inshort I believe the US guys deemed it unusable.. remember that a cargo plane will deliver it..it not as if the a 29 will fly all the way from the US... so I believe that runway can't support the aircraft... I believe the US wil be using the C 17�
Dpharisee:

As a fighter Jets enthusiast I am more shocked than you seeing this kind of headline in a country of 200m people, few idiots playing with everyone intelligence.
The main selling point of Super Tuccano is ability to land and take off in non conventional airstrips as a ground support aircraft. N9b for runway just for Tucano grrrr!
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Kingofmen: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2020
dangermouse:
Everyday confusion

No be small kind confusion. This country need reformation.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by mvem(m): 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:

It wasn't Trump but the deep state swamp creatures from the Obama and Clinton era whom your Buhari negotiated the purchase of these aircrafts from an American Pentagon contractor instead of directly going to Brazil .

This deal was kickback for the Obama, Clinton and DNC crooks for propping and supporting Buhari in 2015.

The only time it will get to Trump is for final approval of the arms trade which was ratified and submitted by Obama swamp holdovers to Trump.

The whole deal stinks. And this runway clause is another fleecing. Is the US responsible for it's maintainace and operation?

Only God knows how many crooked deals Obama and Clinton are bennefiting from this useless APC govt.

Remember also that Buhari and the APC donated hefty sums to the Clinton presidential campaign .

The purchase was made in 2018...Trump was president then
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by masseratti: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:

I said the deal was already concluded in 2015 between Obama and Buhari.

By 2016 the deal was ratified by Trump after it was pushed to his table by Obama holdovers.

Trump in keeping with MAGA, approved it since on paper it was a sweet deal for a US military contractor which Trump campaigned on promoting.

oga that's a big lie for your information it was Jonathan that first applied for tuscano from Obama, the Congress blocked it, that's why Jonathan looked towards Russia for the helicopters and China for drones, Trump signed it for Buhari administratoin please am not a baby in Nigerian Politics this is just few years ago, don't turn history on its head by lying, no deal was concluded under Obama with Buhari.

If Obama wanted he could have signed an executive order for Buhari or Jonathan he didn't so can you conclude a deal without payment?
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by ShadowAMG(m): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:

Which country to country purchase?

The Super Tucano is manufactured by Brazilian Embraer Aircrafts.

Why didn't your stupid Buhari approach Brazil but rather approached a US Pentagon contractor who only purchased the aircraft from Brazil and installed US avionics at twice the cost from Embraer?

This deal stank from the very beginning

The only reason it had to go through Trump is because US arms sales law dictate that the US State department must vet every foriegn deal involving US based contractors .

This deal was a crooked compensation package by Buhari and APC to the Obama and Clinton's for putting him in power and was only faccilited with Trump in office via Obama and Clinton holdovers in both the State department and DoD.

Who outsources every aspect of their defense system to one nation ?

Who fcking does that?

My brother, you hit the nail on the head! Imagine the level of lies and deception?? Meanwhile is a propeller aircraft and they (FG) are calling them jet fighters I rest my case!

This deal stinks.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by frog12: 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
they OVERPAY for these planes. maximum speed is not more than 600kilometres per hour. too slow!
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Funflipper: 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2020
bid4rich:

Donald Trump plays a fast game on our dear Bubu.

Open your eyes!!! There was no fighter jet in the first place. They already succeeded in laundering $493 million, now they want another 9 billion naira. Nigeria is irredeemable.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by authority2006(m): 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2020
Fahdiga:
They have already looted this one. just giving excuses

Can you people even read at all? Looted what? The money that was transferred from govt to govt. 9 billion naira will be provided, simple as ABC.

Funflipper:

Open your eyes!!! There was no fighter jet in the first place. They already succeeded in laundering $493 million, now they want another 9 billion naira. Nigeria is irredeemable.

Why can't you guys wait until delivery timeline approaches?
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Blackdisciple(m): 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
Even if they do are even gonna see the fighter jet, all will end up like Dasuki matter

Already we having been loosing cash because of una na
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Bizibi(m): 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

God!! You're too defensive and annoyingly on-edge for nothing.
I'm not referring to the jet purchase as a scam. I'm referring to the 9bn the senator is asking for on behalf of NAF.
The senator said the NAF have been to the minister for finance, CBN gov and Senate President to ask for the extra 9bn.
If you could just stop being a govt attack dog for a second and read and understand what one is saying.
I should have known better anyway.
that guy is a known apc sycophant here,I don't take such persons serious....
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by nams77: 1:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:
The Super Tacano is a lightweight turboprop multirole combat aircraft more suited for air to ground support and surviellance missions.

It requires very short runway for take off and landings .

What in God's name are these idiots talking about specialized runway when the aircraft can even land in remote jungle grass fields?

The fact that they approached the US instead of the main manufacturer (Embrar) in Brazil just shows how corrupt, stupid and criminally insane these idiots running the armed forces are.
You have said all i wanted to say. A small, light aircraft like the tucano needs a soecialized run way? Wetin this people take us for sef.
I just tire.
Abeg dey should sell this country on eBay. We no do again!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Fahdiga(m): 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2020
authority2006:

Can you people even read at all? Looted what? The money that was transferred from govt to govt. 9 billion naira will be provided, simple as ABC.

Why can't you guys wait until delivery timeline approaches?
We know you benefitted from the looted money. how much was given to you? what did you used the loot for? answer me
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Moikiitos: 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
bid4rich:

Source: https://punchng.com/nigeria-may-lose-493m-paid-to-procure-fighter-jets-senate/

You run to make an order that you know, you don't have the facilities in place to take care of it. People, please help me ask these Nigerians leaders, where's their brain...?
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by EmekaBlue(m): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2020
Nigeria na daylight armed robber

Rubbish talk
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Edidiong123: 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2020
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by SEGLIZ: 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:

Virtually all military aircrafts accommodate for shorter runway take offs and are low to accommodate for quick arming , embarking and disembarking without requiring ground support services.

The idiot NgPatriot is defending rubbish and think he is smart by changing his own defense of this scam.

One minute he is defending the upgrade of Kainji to receive the aircraft next he is contradicting himself posting videos of the same aircraft taking off from a dirt runway.

These APC paid zombies ehhn!

I noticed but don't want to into arguments with as a result of his post concerning the #ENDSARS issue.
I always love Buhari but concerning the #ENDSARS issue Buhari goofed big time. in a saner clime his service chiefs and police chief would have had their head on the tray to appease Nigerians.
but old man left this vampires in office for what ever reason best know to him. if he sacrificed this chiefs, I bet you he would have won more followers to himself and many people would believe but that you mentioned is a blind follower.
fine you love his style but to balance and help to success say the truth when need be, say thing his cabinet members are doing urging him wrongly that lying machine and Co.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by aylipple: 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2020
Is it a different Super Tucano A29 abi no be the same aircraft be dis dey land for rugged terrain? Or is the aircraft heavier/bigger than the C-130 that there's no runway operated by NAF that can accommodate it?

Pic credit: Defense News Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Teena18(f): 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
493million dollars!!! For Heaven's sake!! Why are Nigerian leaders so greedy?
Painful part is they won't even see ighter Keke talk more of jets cry
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Dedetwo(m): 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2020
mvem:
The purchase was made in 2018...Trump was president then

Trump wanted the Nigerian government to purchase Helicopter gunship instead. However Nigerian government had stated purchase arrangement of Super Tucano with previous US government led by Obama.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by sixtus3606(m): 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2020
Fahdiga:
They have already looted this one. just giving excuses
my thought exactly.

I weep for this country.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Dedetwo(m): 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
GBTYO:

It wasn't Trump but the deep state swamp creatures from the Obama and Clinton era whom your Buhari negotiated the purchase of these aircrafts from an American Pentagon contractor instead of directly going to Brazil .

This deal was kickback for the Obama, Clinton and DNC crooks for propping and supporting Buhari in 2015.

The only time it will get to Trump is for final approval of the arms trade which was ratified and submitted by Obama swamp holdovers to Trump.

The whole deal stinks. And this runway clause is another fleecing. Is the US responsible for it's maintainace and operation?

Only God knows how many crooked deals Obama and Clinton are bennefiting from this useless APC govt.

Remember also that Buhari and the APC donated hefty sums to the Clinton presidential campaign .

Never knew you still have few brain cells to be articulate. grin grin grin Even at this point, Trump gave Nigerian government the option to purchase Helicopter gunships instead of Super Tucano.
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Obyino: 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2020
Cash out time grin our government nah the real Yahoo boys
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by naijamerican: 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2020
All these politicians need to be killed. Enough is enough
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by authority2006(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
Fahdiga:
We know you benefitted from the looted money. how much was given to you? what did you used the loot for? answer me

Lol. I got my share from Mr Trump, just 1 million dollars
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by 99thEnemy(m): 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
NGpatriot:

The above lin is the US Federal Register detailing what we bought from the US government, how much we paid and what we are getting for our money.

We did not buy anything from Brazil, we bought the planes from the US and we paid the US government and we obtained receipt from the US government and the transaction is on the pentagon and the US federal register Arms sale Record and the US National Archives.

And the rest of the rest of your post represent the same ignorant rubbish you people saddle yourselves with?

It doesn't change the fact that Tucano is a fighter plane made by Embraer which is a Brazilian Company located in Brazil.

Even though Nigeria bought it from United States.

The fact you bought your Cotonou modified Toyota Corolla in Benin Republic does not mean that it wasn't made in Japan.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by 99thEnemy(m): 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
NGpatriot:

You are ignorant and instead of learning and accepting that you don't know anything, you keep exposing your low mentality and inability to read and understand basic english words.

We have documented facts from the US government and their National archives showing who the contract was awarded to, where the planes are being built in the US, how much we paid, what we are getting and the contract fore the airfield awarded to the United States Army Corps of Engineers to construct airfield and support facilities which is on going as we speak.

Ignorant people like you just talk ignorant rubbish, even if you are going to argue, common sense dictates that you show us documented facts to support your rubbish with like where the planes are being built in Brazil and even who we paid in Brazil to build the plane.

You ignorant people can be very annoying for real.

Just like how Peugoet had its assembling plant in Kaduna , Embraer has one too in USA .

Peugeot cars assembled in Nigeria will continue to be a French cars and Embraer planes assembled in USA will continue to still be Brazilian planes
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by Deemayor: 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
Where are the ones we have been buying since buhari became president? Still yet Boko Haram are still killing all the time. And they still open their dirty mouth now telling us rubbish. Buhari and those him senator's we don't even know who is destroying NIGERIA among them[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by banio: 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
The second coming of DASUKI
Re: Nigeria May Lose $493m Paid To Procure Fighter Jets —senate by mvem(m): 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
Dedetwo:

Trump wanted the Nigerian government to purchase Helicopter gunship instead. However Nigerian government had stated purchase arrangement of Super Tucano with previous US government led by Obama.
oh k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Certificate Saga: Who Is After Bola Tinubu? (Findings, Facts Of The Matter) / NLC Directs Members To Cripple Activities At CBN Offices Nationwide / APC Leaders Fail To Agree On Buhari’s Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.