Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:26 AM

The Ijebu Vs Jebusite - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ijebu Vs Jebusite (9450 Views)

The Ijebu, The Yoruba And Their Influence On The Bible And Judaism / Fact About The Ijebu-ode / Igbo-ona, Ijebu-igbo, Igbomina: Are Yoruba's Historically Tied To Igbo's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 3:34am On Dec 23, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:
What I learnt from thread:

Ijebu is Yoruba and Op is not Ijebu.

Why would some one claim another person's identity. I did that shit 15 years ago but NEVER again.

IGBO and proud.

We move.
THIS!!! smiley

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by 2prexios: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2020
Op, there's no crime in seeking knowledge positively. Yoruba history is a branch of scientific knowledge and such may not be available on the surface without some diggings to do.

However let me correct some of the impressions you have that may be contraintuitive on the Atlantis and the Yoruba history. That should have some effect on other impressions.

Atlantis and plate tectonic

If Atlantis submerged in water, it should be well reported by Honer and Herodotus. but what is known to history is the fact that a sea people existed.

Their power and influence wane with time. Who could have traced all the Odysseys of the sea people in their explorations to uncharted lands in prehistoric time?

Atlantis is nowhere connected to plate tectonic. It's contraintuitive to claim ijebu is jebusite via plate tectonic. Why? Think it this way: is it possible to flip a landmass from one place to another?

If plate tectonic theory is reversed, the continents are not flipped, but compressed together and the continents become one big intercontinental landmass and the sea becomes one mighty Sea.

There's no way ijebu would have broken away from Asia Minor or the Levant and be planted in West Africa through plate tectonic and the man made Suez canal would still connect Egypt to the Levant.

Atlantis and ijebu

Well, Atlantis and ijebu is no misfit. Ijebu in the Yoruba tongue means seafaring, ije, wandering, browsing, transversing: Ibu, gigantic waters, deep, ocean. Whatever the two have in common?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by 2prexios: 8:04am On Dec 26, 2020
I used to doubt the ijebu as jebusite from time, but along the line I've come to appreciate the fact. Thanks to men like metaphysical that equally exposed me to the truth.

When you don't appreciate the value of the some historical words, you presuppose them to be worthless. Any thought in that direction would be tagged pseudohistorians'.

But that never reduce their value. There's history behind word root. And that's etymology. The West had adopted this to a good end. Example is found in the medical profession. Observe what is printed at the end of this page.

Medical Terminology, A systems Approach.
By Barbara A. Gylys & Mary Ellen Wedding.

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
2prexios:
I used to doubt the ijebu as jebusite from time, but along t.
By Barbara A. Gylys & Mary Ellen Wedding.
I'm not establishing anyproving fact. I was just thinking of further exploration of event and interesting history.
When I noticed there was no word like jebusite actually what we have was jebus. People of jebus. and present the ijebu refer to themselves as omo-jebu . besides I never learnt any history of our ancestors being seafarers .
I don't have evidence to prove this now but my intuition tells me ijebu and Yoruba are from same root moving down to southwest from Nile of Egypt or somewhere around Jerusalem.
Its recorded in the bible several times that the Israel are very close to Egyptians and do take refuge there.
The jebus disappeared from history after the time of king David. And that was how the unrepentant pagan worshippers disappeared from history.
Thanks for clarification of the Atlantis incident. Though it might have no link to jebus vs ijebu. But what I'm trying to say is some other reiligious book that has been for some BCEs also talk on something similar to Atlantis in their own words.
The aspect of water covering the earth is consistent in many myth that it couldn't be snub. Herodotus might have not written about it but Plato account is worth considering.
I don't really have deep knowledge of these things but I'll try my best to evaluate carefully. Its not about Yoruba history to me, its about origin of events.
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Olu317(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
tollyboy5:

I'm not establishing anyproving fact. I was just thinking of further exploration of event and interesting history.
When I noticed there was no word like jebusite actually what we have was jebus. People of jebus. and present the ijebu refer to themselves as omo-jebu . besides I never learnt any history of our ancestors being seafarers .
I don't have evidence to prove this now but my intuition tells me ijebu and Yoruba are from same root moving down to southwest from Nile of Egypt or somewhere around Jerusalem.
Its recorded in the bible several times that the Israel are very close to Egyptians and do take refuge there.
The jebus disappeared from history after the time of king David. And that was how the unrepentant pagan worshippers disappeared from history.
Thanks for clarification of the Atlantis incident. Though it might have no link to jebus vs ijebu. But what I'm trying to say is some other reiligious book that has been for some BCEs also talk on something similar to Atlantis in their own words.
The aspect of water covering the earth is consistent in many myth that it couldn't be snub. Herodotus might have not written about it but Plato account is worth considering.
I don't really have deep knowledge of these things but I'll try my best to evaluate carefully. Its not about Yoruba history to me, its about origin of events.
I adore your gut. There is no iota of doubt in what you see as semblance to the people you read in the Tora. The Ijebus are whom the Tora mentioned along side Daoud(King David).

The ancient Hebrew who migrated to Africa were the descendants of King Daoud/Dauda(King David), the Ijebus, Yorobam(Jorobam) and other subclans of ancient Hebrew's, allies who moved to Egypt,then to Sudan belts and to west Africa in Songhai and present day Ngeria. There books that did mentioned disappearance of theHebrew when they were traced to Sudan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? / Welcome To 2023: What Will Be Your First Task Of The Year? / Can Any Ibo or Yoruba Speakers Help Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.