Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

The Ijebu Vs Jebusite - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ijebu Vs Jebusite (8091 Views)

The Ijebu, The Yoruba And Their Influence On The Bible And Judaism / Fact About The Ijebu-ode / Igbo-ona, Ijebu-igbo, Igbomina: Are Yoruba's Historically Tied To Igbo's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 12:40am On Dec 04, 2020
I've help you differentiated myth from archaeological findings cheesy
I'm expecting something like kaare omo ye mi cheesy
Omo awonoko iriju oje.
Omo alaro cheesy

wink tongue
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 12:46am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:
This just an historical review. A factual origin is what we are after not the ife traces you're talking about.
Instead of the old historians to focus on ijebu history so they'll know their origin they went as far as promoting the oduduwa claim on every Yoruba race. undecided too bad!
Lol. The opposite of historical review is factual origin! All these Nairaland children sef. smiley

You still haven’t explained why you believe so strongly that the olden days Ijebu-Ode people and kings are so foolish to have lied against their own heritage. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 12:49am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:
Everyone are careful not to jump into the poplar conclution of where ijebu came from.
Really, is that what you get from that paper you attached? Amazing! smiley

Well, you’re simply lying to yourself because the “Conclusion” of that paper on pages 23-24 links the Ijebu-Ode people back to Ife.

Unlike your own illusional historians who are busy expanding the ife myth . if you ask them were ife people came from they might tell you they fell from sky cheesy
I have addressed this in one of my foregoing comments.

Let me conclude by saying this:
To lie to yourself (as you’ve since been caught doing) is to cheat on your own brain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 12:53am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
Lol. The opposite of historical review is factual origins! All these Nairaland children. smiley

You still haven’t explained why you believe so strongly that the olden days Ijebu-Ode are so foolish to have lied against their own heritage. grin
You need to ask the olden days Yoruba of their believing of obatala myth and oduduwa transportation from the sky tongue
If seems they were super smart back then.
Except you so much belief in might then you'll see no problem in those stories.
Where do ife came from? cheesy
They fell from sky bah!
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 12:56am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:

Myth are exaggerated stories of actual event. They might be distorted but should not be discarded.

The ife myth on ijebu has been exaggerated for too long and it going to stop now.
Another thing you seem not to yet is this:

Suppose you write the following words “Ife-origin of Ijebu-Ode people is a MYTH” 6 million times continuously on a Nairaland post.

Are you aware that your claim will still not become truth just by simply re-writing it so many a times?

3 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 12:58am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:

You need to ask the olden days Yoruba of their believing of obatala myth and oduduwa transportation from the sky tongue
If seems they were super smart back then.
Except you so much belief in might then you'll see no problem in those stories.
Where do ife came from? cheesy
They fell from sky bah!
You just proved you don’t read before replying.

You know how I knew? I knew because I have already educated you already on this in one of my foregoing comments.

I guess you’re simply replying just to be seen as writing back something — regardless of whether or not it’s off tangent.

How old are you?

3 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 12:59am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
Really, is that what you get from that paper you attached? Amazing! smiley

Well, you’re simply lying to yourself because the “Conclusion” of that paper on pages 23-24 links the Ijebu-Ode people back to Ife.

I have addressed this in one of my foregoing comments.

Let me conclude by saying this:
To lie to yourself (as you’ve since been caught doing) is to cheat on your own brain.
Lol the paper ended with ife meaning? undecided
Why are you being mythical ?
The paper ended with ife , how does that prove the ife myth?
The tribal mark and some cultural trace to south Sudanese/Ethiopia which more sensible research are what we should focus on.

Not stories from people that don't even know their story .
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 1:01am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
You just proved you don’t read before replying.

You know how I knew? I knew because I have already educated you already on this in one of my foregoing comments.

I guess you’re simply replying just to be seen as writing back something — regardless of whether or not it’s off tangent.

How old are you?
Really! shocked . abeg no vex clear my ignorance where do ife people came from?
I'm waiting
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 1:01am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:

Lol the paper ended with ife meaning? undecided
Why are you being mythical ?
The paper ended with ife , how does that prove the ife myth?
The tribal mark and some cultural trace to south Sudanese/Ethiopia which more sensible research are what we should focus on.

Not stories from people that don't even know their story .
1st, you quoted the paper as your evidence.

2nd, you uttered a untruth that the paper doesn’t conclude on Ife origin.

3rd. I showed that your own paper does conclude what you said it doesn’t.

4th: I am to blame for correcting your false statement.

3 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 1:07am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
1st, you quoted the paper as your evidence.

2nd, you uttered a untruth that the appear doesn’t conclude on Ife origin.

3rd. I showed that your own paper does conclude what you said it doesn’t.

4th: I am to blame for correcting your false statement.
I'll send you another screenshot then you'll tell me where you found conclusion.
They gave different account and ended with the last one.
And you called it conclusion shocked

grin what do you by conclusion? grin

Nawa 4 all this mythical people o!

You've not answered my question where did ife people came from ?

Perhaps is conclusion to you bah! grin

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 1:13am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:

Really! shocked . abeg no vex clear my ignorance where do ife people came from?
I'm waiting
First step towards knowledge is admitting ignorance — you’re making progress.

First, one version of Sudanese myths claim that first Sudanese were blown out of God’s nostrils into the Sudan region from where they multiplied — I hope you won’t be mad at your people for saying this.

Second, one version of Ife myth have heavenly beings descend to Ife to create the first humans, the Ife people — You sure should be mad at Ife people for this.lol

All these are called mythological account. All ancient people have some form of mythological narrative all over the world.

These people evolve these fun mythological narratives in an attempt to explain origins — including their own origin.

Research have shown that the people who often have these particular kind of mythological narrative are people who have lived so so so long in their present homeland that they can’t remember coming in their from else where.

This is true of the Ife people (and Yoruba people in general) since archaeological evidence have come to show that they are one of the oldest humans in the tropical forest of the West African region.

Having given you a background on mythological account and how it is not particularly history — but a hint into history, let’s now see what history has come to find about their origin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 1:14am On Dec 04, 2020
They drew point from the whole analysis and said parhaps concerning the ife origin and you called that the conclusion of the ijebu origin . cheesy

You're funny comedian. No one know the origin of the word "ijebu" and stop your ife myth.

Let me ask you for the third time. Where do ife people came from ? cheesy
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 1:17am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:

I'll send you another screenshot then you'll tell me where you found conclusion.
They gave different account and ended with the last one.
And you called it conclusion shocked

grin what do you by conclusion? grin

Nawa 4 all this mythical people o!

You've not answered my question where did ife people came from ?

Perhaps is conclusion to you bah! grin
LMAO! Why are you deceiving yourself?

I said conclusion on page 23-24, you’re showing me some random page 19.

Oh you can’t imagine that I have had the paper since a couple of years ago. Lol.

Is there something you intend to gain from lying to yourself?

tollyboy5:
They drew point from the whole analysis and said parhaps concerning the ife origin and you called that the conclusion of the ijebu origin . cheesy

You're funny comedian. No one know the origin of the word "ijebu" and stop your ife myth.

Let me ask you for the third time. Where do ife people came from ? cheesy
Lol! Interestingly, the word “perhaps“ does not even appear anywhere in the conclusion.

Moreover, I said Conclusion on page 23-24. You’re only deceiving yourself by showing me page 19.

I’m glad you deceived yourself because it proves that you get my point. Lol

3 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 1:21am On Dec 04, 2020
Regarding the historical find on the origin of the Ife people (and of all the Yorubas in general):

Archaeological and linguistic evidence has placed the origin of all proto-Yoruba group in the Middle Niger and around the Niger-Benue confluence of today’s Nigeria.

The first emergence of the proto-Yoruba people as one linguistic and ethnic group slowly evolved around this aforementioned region beginning about 4,000 BC and continuing for thousands of years.

It is from this original center that Yoruba groups (including the ancestors of the Ife people) spread out towards the south and and towards the west over many centuries to occupy their present respective locations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 1:31am On Dec 04, 2020
Let me know if you have further questions.

But given my earlier explanation, you should have realized by now that there was no Wadai prior to the year 1501.

Yet you and Oba Adetona insist that Ijebu-Ode people migrated from Wadai.

Does that still make sense to you?

4 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 1:33am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
LMAO! Why are you deceiving yourself.

I said conclusion on page 23-24, you’re showing me some random page 19.

Oh you can’t imagine that I have had the paper since a couple of years ago. Lol.

Is there something you intend to gain in lying to yourself?

Lol! Interestingly, the word perhaps does not even appear in the conclusion.

Moreover, I said Conclusion on page 23-24. You’re only deceiving yourself by showing me page 19.

I’m glad you deceived yourself because it proves that you get my point. Lol
Don't mind me grin I didn't scroll down to the end because I was busy. What I uploaded was my last screenshot.

On the conclusion because of the linguistic similarities of ijebus and yorubas they conclude ijebus are from ile ife. cheesy.

Can't you see that's the dumbest conclusion in history grin

The Yoruba need to study ijebu people to know their origin.
I'm coming back for you on the sudane myth you posted.

Wa jegba ni aleyi. trust me.
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 1:37am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:

Don't mind me grin I didn't scroll down to the end because I was busy. What I uploaded was my last screenshot.

On the conclusion because of the linguistic similarities of ijebus and yorubas they conclude ijebus are from ile ife. cheesy.

Can't you see that's the dumbest conclusion in history grin

The Yoruba need to study ijebu people to know their origin.
I'm coming back for you on the sudane myth you posted.

Wa jegba ni aleyi. trust me.
Lol.

The conclusion does not even mention the word “linguistic” anywhere.

Are you sure there is no price waiting for your after lying to yourself? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 1:39am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
Let me know if you have further questions.

But given my earlier explanation there was no Wadai prior to the year 1501.

Yet you and Oba Adetona insist that Ijebu-Ode people migrated from Wadai.

Does that still make sense to you?
You're ignorant of nubian migration and kept capitalizing on the name wadai.
Historians are the ones trying to use the name wadai when we are talking of linguistic and ritual practice similar to south Sudanese/ Ethiopia.

Nigeria historian and mostly the old ones are just full of bullshit. They were the children of the mythical generation so I don't blame their many lies.
So tomorrow if the waddai was change to uddai you'll hold the account to when the name originated not when the people migrated !

Excellent ! You sabi history looto sad
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 1:40am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
Lol.

The conclusion does not even mention the word “linguistic” anywhere.

Are you sure there is no price waiting for your after lying to yourself? grin
Comparing words of ijebu and Yoruba is what?
Lanquatic bah? undecided
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 1:42am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:

You're ignorant of nubian migration and kept capitalizing on the name wadai.
Historians are the ones trying to use the name wadai when we are talking of linguistic and ritual practice similar to south Sudanese/ Ethiopia.

Nigeria historian and mostly the old ones are just full of bullshit. They were the children of the mythical generation so I don't blame their many lies.
So tomorrow if the waddai was change to uddai you'll hold the account to when the name originated not when the people migrated !

Excellent ! You sabi history looto sad
There is no evidence for any of your many alternative history.

You keep jumping from Wadai to Nubia perhaps to Egypt and then to Ethiopia probably.

The AWUJALE (whom you claim as one of your forbearers and whose claim you’ve been defending) specifically mentioned WADAI.

And we found that WADAI began in 1501.

Do you want to go back home and correct someone and then return back to a debate after an updated press release have been issued ??

Lol!

4 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 1:44am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
Regarding the historical find on the origin of the Ife people (and of all the Yorubas in general):

Archaeological and linguistic evidence has ny centuries to occupy their present respective locations.
What are you saying? They fell from the sky?
All region in world knows their root despite their myth and you're telling me your Yoruba fell from sky 4000 BCE.

You should go for stand up comedy walai
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 1:49am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
There is no evidence for any of your many alternative history.

You keep jumping from Wadai to Nubia perhaps to Egypt and then to Ethiopia probably.

The AWUJALE (whom you claim as one of your forbearers and whose claim you’ve been defending) specifically mentioned WADAI.

And we found that WADAI began in 1501.

Do you want to go back home and correct someone and then return back to a debate after an updated press release have been issued ??

Lol!
You're arguing like a buhari supporter. You're not thinking at all. I'll post the Sudanese migration some thousand BCE.

Do you think everyone is like your Yoruba that fell from sky 4000BCE ?
Don't worry I'll coming for you. The south Sudanese and north Sudanese have reasonable history not the fictitious appearance you claim ife people appeared 4000 BCE
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 1:50am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:
What are you saying? They fell from the sky?
Lol! No, they didn’t. I will address this — I need to make you feel humbled first. Nobody learns without humility.

All region in world know their root despite their myth and tour telling me your Yoruba fell from sky 4000 BCE.
Interesting! So, where is the origin of your new found Sudanese brothers

Remember if you name a place, you must name where they came from before they got there and so on.

I am applying your standard since when I named the Middle Niger region/the Niger Benue confluence for Ife people, etc. (based on linguistics and archaeological finds) you proceeded to ask even for their origin before that point.

You should go for stand up comedy walai
If this statement helps you to cope with what I’m making you go through at the moment, then why not. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 1:57am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:

You're arguing like a buhari supporter. You're not thinking at all. I'll post the Sudanese migration some thousand BCE.

Do you think everyone is like your Yoruba that fell from sky 4000BCE ?
Don't worry I'll coming for you. The south Sudanese and north Sudanese have reasonable history not the fictitious appearance you claim ife people appeared 4000 BCE

(1) No, Yorubas didn’t fall from the sky. Lol.

(2) Yes, your reigning Awujale mentioned that Ijebu-Ode people came from WADAI.

(3) You supported your reigning Awujale’s alternative history all along until ...

(4) Until I made you realize that there was no WADAI before 1501.

(5) Are you backing down on WADAI and searching for somewhere else?

(5) If yes, then please explain why you are abandoning Oba Adetona’s alternative history.

(6) Please explain why you particularly think Oba Adetona's alternative history is now suddenly wrong.

(7) Also explain why we must discard contemporary historical scholarship and uphold the alternative history of an anonymous Nairalander who has probably never completely read one history book (or paper) from the beginning to the end before.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 2:17am On Dec 04, 2020
gomojam:
What part of Ijebu Remo are you from?
Just seeing this. Not from Ijebu-Remo per se, just have some historical connections with the principal Remo city.

5 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 2:31am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:

(1) No, Yorubas didn’t fall from the sky. Lol.
end before.
We are tracing our history. And you don't know where Yoruba people came from. sad

So I've been disturbing myself over people that don't have history instead they're forcing their supremacy on us. Rubbish!

The wadai account is not false. The Sudanese experience different migration legend from ancient Egyptian and Nubians around the nile of Egypt. Wadai never appeared on the floor like your own ancestors.

Every history of Sudan is coneccted to east Africa. And I'm tracing migration from ancient jebus of the scripture.

Because you don't have history doesn't mean our findings are rubbish!

I'll take you serious when you tell me who are the Yoruba ancestors of yours undecided

You still ramain ignorant that cities existed before they were politically founded. You think wadai people appeared after it was founded bah!

I gave instance of country that existed thousands of years earlier than their founding date but you chose prejudice . undecided

Go and sleep and wake me up when you know who are the ancestors of your Yoruba people.
I don't come from people who has no root.

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 2:33am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
Just seeing this. Not from Ijebu-Remo per se, just have some historical connections with the principal Remo city.
I'm suspecting your not even ijebu. You're from osun or Oyo state. Fowl yanch don open.

Don't force your history on us since you don't have root.
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 2:38am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
Lol! No, they didn’t. I will address this — I need to make you feel humbled first. Nobody learns without humility.

Interesting! So, where is the origin of your new found Sudanese brothers

Remember if you name a place, you must name where they came from before they got there and so on.

I am applying your standard since when I named the Middle Niger region/the Niger Benue confluence for Ife people, etc. (based on linguistics and archaeological finds) you proceeded to ask even for their origin before that point.

If this statement helps you to cope with what I’m making you go through at the moment, then why not. Lol.
When I ask for ife origin I'm asking of ancestral origin and you're telling me some location. I've explained the migration from ancient Nubian around the Nile of Egypt down to Sudan then Nigeria.
You're the one who don't know where you're from. Sudanes has different ancestors but they all knew the migration was from middle east unlike you.
I stand on the jebus link of ancient Jerusalem.
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 2:39am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:

I'm suspecting your not even ijebu. You're from osun or Oyo state. Fowl yanch don open.

Don't force your history on us since you don't have root.
Are you from Ijebu Remo? NO!

Hence you’re not Ijebu (or you have no Ijebu connection) — Your own retarded logic.

Stop behaving like Binis.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 2:43am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:

When I ask for ife origin I'm asking of ancestral origin and you're telling me some location.
Ancestral origin is NOT geographical place or location. Amazing! Nairaland children won’t kill someone.

I've explained the migration from ancient Nubian around the Nile of Egypt down to Sudan then Nigeria.
Anybody can narrate any modern-day super-story of migration from Japan. It all depends on how it makes them feel.

But it wouldn’t hold water since it’s just a modern-day super-story devoid of any evidence.

You're the one who don't know where you're from. Sudanes has different ancestors but they all knew the migration was from middle east unlike you.
I stand on the jebus link of ancient Jerusalem.
Lol! From where did they come to get to the Middle East?

Using your logic, did they drop from heaven to the Middle East?

4 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 2:47am On Dec 04, 2020
tollyboy5:
[s]We are tracing our history. And you don't know where Yoruba people came from. sad

So I've been disturbing myself over people that don't have history instead they're forcing their supremacy on us. Rubbish!

The wadai account is not false. The Sudanese experience different migration legend from ancient Egyptian and Nubians around the nile of Egypt. Wadai never appeared on the floor like your own ancestors.

Every history of Sudan is coneccted to east Africa. And I'm tracing migration from ancient jebus of the scripture.

Because you don't have history doesn't mean our findings are rubbish!

I'll take you serious when you tell me who are the Yoruba ancestors of yours undecided

You still ramain ignorant that cities existed before they were politically founded. You think wadai people appeared after it was founded bah!

I gave instance of country that existed thousands of years earlier than their founding date but you chose prejudice . undecided

Go and sleep and wake me up when you know who are the ancestors of your Yoruba people.
I don't come from people who has no root.[/s]
Can you please make up your mind on whether it is WADAI or NOT WADAI? Lol. You keep going back and forth.

Okay but since you now seem to have come back to Oba Adetona’s WADAI, then I should again remind you that there was no WADAI before 1501.

Do you still maintain that Ijebu-Ode people came from there — probably sometimes after 1501? Hahaha!

2 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 3:04am On Dec 04, 2020
TAO11:
Can you make up your mind on whether it is WADAI or NOT WADAI? Lol.

Okay but since you now seem to have come back to Oba Adetona’s WADAI, then I should again remind you that there was no WADAI before 1501.

Do you still maintain that Ijebu-Ode people came from there — probably sometimes after 1501? Hahaha!

Since I cannot put it to your head that wadai has been before its official date. Then go and sleep.

But before you sleep who are the fathers of your Yoruba people.

You've been stylishly skipping the question grin

You that sclaimed your spouse is not from Sudan. If you were ijebu you would have say I'm not from Sudan.

The ijebus following the thread are not going to antagonize me. I know my ijebu people very well. Even though they don't agree 100 percent our views would be similar.

I'm very sure you don't have ijebu root. The earlier guy calling me ipob is not ijebu . I've explained my family to prove my originality and my lineage. Yorubas are fond of pretending to know one or two thing about ijebus and use it to refute our own research.
In future years we'll hand over a more decent history to our kids.
From precolonial era the term ijebu and the Yoruba is very common and I know you guys don't want it that way. Who cares?

We remain ijebus

Mention me when you've discovered who your ancestors were goodnight

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You / Was Prostitution Part of Our Culture during The Precolonial Period? / Whats The Difference Between Warri Pidgin And The Standard Nigerian Pidgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.