Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. (45537 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by BabbanBura(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2020
Toktee:
grin grin grin... It's not funny, speed sweet but the consequences is huge.

Absolutely true!
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Zane2point4(m): 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2020
One4me:
You should not be driving if you dont know a thing about Tail-Gating or minimum stopping distance between two vehicles.
The problem is that everyone that has access to a Car, becomes Lewis Hamilton behind the Wheels, instead of properly learning the Rules of the Road first, before hitting the road.

PS: The fact that you have the money to pay for the Repairs, should not make you feel cool..
- Can you pay for his time that is lost at the scene and while the Repair takes place?
- Will a Repaired Vehicle be as good, as one that has never been damaged?
You said what i really wanted to hear here "tail gating"
Hopefully op will learn his lesson like me after this event, mine happend cos i wana beat the traffic stop light that is remaining 3 secs then i hit my fellow hasty driver blc he too was rushing then braked immediately blc of a transversing car at his front.
Since then,i dont do bumber to fender again,i maintain my distance and cautiously put leg for brake incase of sudden braking by the car in front.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Heavance(m): 6:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
Karleb:
You have to be in secondary school before 12.
A BSc before 20.
Msc before 23.
PhD before 25.
A wife and 2 kids before 30.

Where exactly are we rushing to kwanu?!
We have set rubbish rush on ourselves.
To the extent we don't have anywhere to go after the kids part, and no thanks to a large number of useless motivational speakers in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Heavance(m): 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Only a few men can compose themselves in the face of danger. Tough times are when you know the real men.

I was once approached by armed robbers whilst on a trip, that night was something else. The robbers shot for over 2 hours like their bullets couldn't get exhausted.

He came to my car and asked me to jazz down, I came down and asked him what he wanted with a smile. He wanted to slap me and I held his hand tightly (fear left me), I asked him again, oga what do you want?!? He beckoned to the others to take my car, immediately one of the boys wanted to move with the car, the leader said, make we free this man, e go track us later, e no even shake as e see us.

Always appear unfazed in the face of danger.

Nice one op.
It must be a dream or a scene in nollywood...
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Heavance(m): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
HonAdeli:
I had a very similar experience about 7months back. Was trying to avoid a vulcanizer who was pumping a vehicle's tire while his body was on the road.
On the other hand I was checking something on my phone cos I already calculated that I'd swerve for the vulcanizer but unfortunately my side mirror slightly scratched a man's Venza, then boom the man came down with his driver telling me he's a lawyer and he was just coming back from ibadan and all that he was going to call the Dpo of the station to arrest me and take me for brain test. What pissed me off most is I kept on pleading with this man that brake oil will clean it off then he asked me set of foolish questions 'How old are you, who owns the car you're driving and nonsense questions.
The man was so proud to the extent that he told me he bought the car in 2013 for 7million he brought out some papers from his safe too and that he was planning on selling it as tokunbo, all in all after begging for about 30minutes he left me.
My sister told me about how people don't even do as if they have been bashed in one Asian country. She was surprise all through her stay there.
We have this way of bringing the next man down once we have 0.9% of what God has for us
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by freemi(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2020
Toktee:
Na God help me out, the way and manner the car come the speed ehn and it was heading towards roundabout, I was busy shouting Jesus, my wife asked what's going on I said nothing, I press,Matched break more then 20 times within 30 minutes nothing happens..

Chaiii, na so I go jamb one fine car for my front, the sound was like bomb people scamper for safety thinking it was a bomb.. the car come to a slow stop.

Thank God the man get protector for back, one strong rod like that, he come down come help removed my bomber.... He said " My brother, it is well" I was expecting trouble cos it happens close to kpakungu police station right in front of Nepa office kpakungu.

But ladies and gentlemen, after the whole drama,i kicked the car and the break work fine, I was like what the hell?
hehehehe very funny but serious matter. N I'm sure it's not a manual car that u can slow down with the gear. Thank God everything
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
BabbanBura:

What shocked. My own i entered a pool of water at a bend on top bridge by a huge lake with a 2 years old child. Come see serious hydroplane. When I regained control, I begin imagine wetin I for tell the mother of that child plus na brand new car wey never reach 1year use.

Dem for talk the obvious.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by tunize(m): 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
Bros good you learnt your lesson, but next time sir i'm sorry is better than calm down oooh especially on issue like this.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:
I bashed an SUV .

Most humans expresses pains with anger and rage

You sound rude. You don't tell an angry and elderly person to calm down just because you believe you can manage the situation. Even if you are Dangote, apologize first and hear from the victim.

He is definitely not interested in your money but that daft response "calm down" flared him up.

You bashed his car. If you can pay for the damage, can you pay for his emotions? Youngman you have to be very careful.
You bashed his car and you are telling him to calm down. That is pride

Next time when such happens, you don't pull your chest claiming you can handle the situation. Instead, apologize, isten to him and handle with care. Let him tell you to repair his car or tell you to go and not you boasting unnecessarily

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Eminado1: 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2020
The story could have had a very different end if either of you knew how to 3rd party vehicle insurance works and how to process claims.

Win-win
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by sirblend: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Only a few men can compose themselves in the face of danger. Tough times are when you know the real men.

I was once approached by armed robbers whilst on a trip, that night was something else. The robbers shot for over 2 hours like their bullets couldn't get exhausted.

He came to my car and asked me to jazz down, I came down and asked him what he wanted with a smile. He wanted to slap me and I held his hand tightly (fear left me), I asked him again, oga what do you want?!? He beckoned to the others to take my car, immediately one of the boys wanted to move with the car, the leader said, make we free this man, e go track us later, e no even shake as e see us.

Nice one op.

You were indeed lucky. Someone tried this stunt at Ajah and his skull was blasted open.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
oldtruth:

You sound rude. You don't tell an angry and elderly person to calm down just because you believe you can manage the situation. Even if you are Dangote, apologize first and hear from the victim.

He is definitely not interested in your money but that daft response "calm down" flared him up.

You bashed his car. If you can pay for the damage, can you pay for his emotions? Youngman you have to be very careful.
You bashed his car and you are telling him to calm down. That is pride

Next time when such happens, you don't pull your chest claiming you can handle the situation. Instead, apologize, isten to him and handle with care. Let him tell you to repair his car or tell you to go and not you boasting unnecessarily
maybe you should read careful next time. I said I realized a lot from the incident and that is why I created this thread.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by cnonyechi(f): 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2020
I now understand my husband's anger and rage most times, it comes from pain and thinking of how tomorrow will be.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by authority2006(m): 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:
I bashed an SUV yesterday, I thought the driver was taking off and I charged up to follow him just to beat the messy traffic, he braked immediately and it happened. His bumper was a bit disjointed on the right side, and almost pulled off one of the mini brake lights on the bumper. Nothing happened to my car.

We parked by the road side and Mr got out of control. I kept telling to calm down that I acknowledged it was my fault and mistake. I started hearing things like, who are you? How old are you? You small boy, go and ask of me in so so and so autos store”

I kept telling him to calm down but he wasn’t having it. Cost of damage running into hundred and some thousands was given to me. I was working on making a transfer while he was still fuming in anger and saying a lot. All of a sudden he entered his car and told his friend to hop in, I tried pleading with him to wait, he refused and even told me he will do worse should he get down from his car. I told his friend to tell him to calm down but he shouted at his friend to close his door and zoomed off.

On my way home I realized a lot from the incident, ALOT. The man was not interested in taking money from me. He was that angry because he knows he was not going to take money from me and he knows he was going to bear the cost of fixing the car. He was angry because he did not leave his house to go and bear cost for another person and the incident will likely ruin the rest of his day. I felt bad. I felt his pain. A Lexus SUV for the men.

But why was he feeling intimidated by asking my age and social status? Maybe it was my body composure, because I wasn’t looking fazed, I knew I already made a mistake which I have to pay for. I accept my mistakes easily, it helps me beat and teach myself for correction.

Then he also asked me this question;

“Where are you rushing to?”

this question will be my motto for 2021.

The incident also reminded me of my Ma, back then when it was time to pay school fees and we ask her for money, she starts acting as if they are stinging her needles. Woe betide you should you forget to do chores or refused to run errands for her, she’ll kill you in peace and keep the school fees money instead.

This got me, honestly. I like the man sha, the world needs more people like him.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by sharpwriter(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
HonAdeli:

Exactly, he kept on saying I'll call the police to arrest you and charge you to court. The man was just blabbing cos of minor scratch.

No mind am.... Na sicko
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Kunja2: 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
Carchoice:
I bashed an SUV yesterday, I thought the driver was taking off and I charged up to follow him just to beat the messy traffic, he braked immediately and it happened. His bumper was a bit disjointed on the right side, and almost pulled off one of the mini brake lights on the bumper. Nothing happened to my car.

We parked by the road side and Mr got out of control. I kept telling to calm down that I acknowledged it was my fault and mistake. I started hearing things like, who are you? How old are you? You small boy, go and ask of me in so so and so autos store”

I kept telling him to calm down but he wasn’t having it. Cost of damage running into hundred and some thousands was given to me. I was working on making a transfer while he was still fuming in anger and saying a lot. All of a sudden he entered his car and told his friend to hop in, I tried pleading with him to wait, he refused and even told me he will do worse should he get down from his car. I told his friend to tell him to calm down but he shouted at his friend to close his door and zoomed off.

On my way home I realized a lot from the incident, ALOT. The man was not interested in taking money from me. He was that angry because he knows he was not going to take money from me and he knows he was going to bear the cost of fixing the car. He was angry because he did not leave his house to go and bear cost for another person and the incident will likely ruin the rest of his day. I felt bad. I felt his pain. A Lexus SUV for the men.

But why was he feeling intimidated by asking my age and social status? Maybe it was my body composure, because I wasn’t looking fazed, I knew I already made a mistake which I have to pay for. I accept my mistakes easily, it helps me beat and teach myself for correction.

The incident also reminded me of my Ma, back then when it was time to pay school fees and we ask her for money, she starts acting as if they are stinging her needles. Woe betide you should you forget to do chores or refused to run errands for her, she’ll kill you in peace and keep the school fees money instead.

I'm curious, why did he ask where you were rushing to? What warranted that question
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by XshegzzyeeiX: 12:22am On Dec 01, 2020
Karleb:
You have to be in secondary school before 12.
A BSc before 20.
Msc before 23.
PhD before 25.
A wife and 2 kids before 30.

Where exactly are we rushing to kwanu?!
Words of wisdom.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by ShoeShineGuy: 3:45am On Dec 01, 2020
Carchoice:

If there was anything I love so much about your post, it would be the sense of its realness and how objective you were (and not how critical of the man, irrespective of what he said and did).

Some lads will definitely come on here just for the purpose of exaggerating the whole thing to get the man blamed. We're all humans after all, and sometimes do make mistakes.

If only we can only learn to put a limit on how we react to things, we would gradually learn how to become better persons. We don't need to get angry, lose our heads and destroy things....

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Tundex911: 6:17am On Dec 01, 2020
2020 talk to 2021...

2020: it's about time I handover to the next one

2021: na so cuz no time to check time

2020: "where you dey rush to"

2021: it's my fuvkin time coming
grin
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by beautycrush24(f): 6:25am On Dec 01, 2020
Carchoice:

As a member of the coconut head generation, I'm sure you're still not thinking of comprehensive insurance
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by HRMK: 7:33am On Dec 01, 2020
hmmm...lucky u!at least u escaped paying cash for ur mistake but u paid with insults!ur very lucky!!
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Toktee(m): 8:27am On Dec 01, 2020
freemi:
hehehehe very funny but serious matter. N I'm sure it's not a manual car that u can slow down with the gear. Thank God everything
Automatic car my brother.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2020
Carchoice:

Thanks for your candor and the writeup. Many of us will benefit from this

Nice to note that you also learned some lessons. It's funny though to read posts of many others unduly criticizing you, I asked myself who are then the rough drivers on the road?

Some of my friends says I drive like a woman, but it delights me to know that after putting in over 400,000KM in a few cars, I still maintain my principles of being patient and never get angry behind the wheel.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by IGotTheDope: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Nice one op.
bro na just God's grace saved you and your people prayer de reach heaven not WhT you think is your bravery. Being composed I. Moments like that it's good, the movie Godfather Don Corleone was spitti g so many k knowledge there one being not letting anger, fear or pressure cloud your mind at certain moments bc these feelings will only fvck your reasoning. It's good you were calm but holding his hands was a very big risk, people are shot dead for something less bro
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by ProfAmaben(m): 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2020
IGotTheDope:
bro na just God's grace saved you and your people prayer de reach heaven not WhT you think is your bravery. Being composed I. Moments like that it's good, the movie Godfather Don Corleone was spitti g so many k knowledge there one being not letting anger, fear or pressure cloud your mind at certain moments bc these feelings will only fvck your reasoning. It's good you were calm but holding his hands was a very big risk, people are shot dead for something less bro

Very true. When fear leaves you, you won't see the value of life, let's not wish for that moment. Imagine someone trying to rape someone close to you, say family, adrenaline would do wonders.
Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by Eldemmi(m): 11:01pm On Dec 02, 2020
beardedboy:
Speeding on the road is similar to paying extra money for a first class on an aeroplane just because you'll be on the front seat and you'll enter the destination a few milliseconds before the economy class. Except that in the case of a car you're paying with your safety/life not money.

The funniest thing about speeding is if you stop for a moment to piss, all the cars you left behind will still zoom past you. Meaning that speeding doesn't really buy you useful time.

This is true, despite all the speed you can hardly beat the slow cars by 3/4 minutes... Patience is virtue.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Man I Bashed His SUV Yesterday. by och12(m): 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2021
Thanks for sharing this.

Carchoice:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Auto-makers Used To Do Before They Started Making Cars / Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads / 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Interior Spied With Massive Infotainment Touchscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.