Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? (27729 Views)

Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya / Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? / Lawyer Oladapo Ogundipe With Seven Children As Lawyers (Law Family) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by pansophist(m): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2020
ethicallyright:

You lean towards the perspective of Stoicism. Are you a Stoic?

Stoicism is not a personality, its a trait. I'm stoic, and it is because I understand that by default, life is suffering, it's even the number one rule in Buddhism. So yes, I'm stoic in a sense that I do not chicken out from challenge, but become strong to paddle through it. I understand that everyone is passing through their own demon, and fighting to emerge gloriously out of it.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Epicji: 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
Aboks:

guy forget all kpekus na de same

Guys,all are the same,aswear
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
People wey say 'marriage no be achievement' na the people wey no fit afford am. to me married is one of the greatest achievement in a man's life.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by chi4ik(m): 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
Which achievement? Marriage is a severe liability as man. Most woman see marriage and relationship as an employment, escape from poverty and stress free.

As for me, I will only marry not because there is any single achievement in marriage but just a necessity.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Seyzcham91(m): 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
yes being married and having kids not an achievement
BUT

Being Married to a Good woman and having Kids is a Great Blessing from God
lexy2014:

Does that mean marriage & having kids aren't achievements?

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by ebony2011(m): 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
Help me ask Catholic priest and Bishops.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by MANDIPUTIN: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
chinedumoooo:
If marriage is not achievement, what do we call achievement........
Is it going to club with chicks?
Is it having a cars?
Is it acquiring different certificates?
I was forced within to comment because this topic is completely senseless.
People now see material possessions as the most Paramount achievement in life. Don't get me wrong,material possession are good but it cannot take the place of family & love.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Oyiboman69: 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
gunners160:
This is Hilarious I swear. Ur definition is Orthodox man. Ned Nwakwo has a family so does Davido. Are they in Harmony? Yes so what else does a family need again. His children attends the best schools, has several endorsement deal and he carries out his duties. What else do family get involved in that he does not participate or enjoy.. just calm down
Are you talking about the ceremony or man and woman living together,cos I don't understand you
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Vanzcharles(m): 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Kestolove:
To us it is, but for some of dem ladies dat have crossed 30 ND know husband dey console demsefs by saying it's not an achievement, watch dem cum attack me now
Know or No. Otondo grin na only igbo u sabi spell well.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Reelmii: 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
It depends on the individuals, to every man his achievements.. wat u consider as achievements maybe different from my own achievements
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by lexy2014: 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
Seyzcham91:
yes being married and having kids not an achievement
BUT

Being Married to a Good woman and having Kids is a Great Blessing from God

Y is getting married & having kids not an achievement? What makes a blessing from God less than an achievement?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by golddare: 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
BadRadio:
Some live to harness themselves for it.

Some would set no other goal & do nothing else but look forward to the excitement of being married.

For a man or a woman, Is marriage and having kids an achievement?

When a man or a woman decides by choice not to have kids or get married, does it in anyway affect them?

What are the core importance of being married or getting married.

Is having children paramount in marriage?

Achievements is in the eyes of the achievers and Its relative since our ambitions in live differs.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Agricaddict(m): 9:05pm On Dec 03, 2020
gunners160:
you are getting it wrong. u can have a family without marriage. Davido, whizkid, olamide etc are perfect examples. Talking of kids, you can also get that outside marriage, we are in the 21st century now not in an archaic one.

Copy them only if you have the resources they have, if you can't afford those resources and you still copy them, those innocent kids will just be hudlum of tomorrow instead of leaders of tomorrow
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by lexy2014: 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
chi4ik:
Which achievement? Marriage is a severe liability as man. Most woman see marriage and relationship as an employment, escape from poverty and stress free.

As for me, I will only marry not because there is any single achievement in marriage but just a necessity.

Does d views of a few women make marriage any less an achievement? Must u get married to a "woman who sees marriage and relationship as an employment, escape from poverty and stress free"?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by roygbiv01: 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
Whatever makes you happy is an achievement.
Appreciate it.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Hathor5(f): 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2020
authority2006:

Because it's not easy marrying and staying married. Then, having kids and raising them is a major responsibility. Why wouldn't that be an achievement.

Because marriage comes easy to some people. They are lucky/blessed enough to find their other half without putting any effort into it. How is getting married to someone you love an achievement in this case? It's a blessing/luck. Staying married might be tougher but even this comes easy to some people. They get married and live their lives with all the ups and downs life throws at them and stay together because they have been conditioned to think that divorce is not an option. How is it an achievement?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2020
pansophist:

Stoicism is not a personality, its a trait. I'm stoic, and it is because I understand that by default, life is suffering, it's even the number one rule in Buddhism. So yes, I'm stoic in a sense that I do not run chicken out from challenge, but become strong to paddle through it.

Your metaphor "life is suffering" appears to be truism but the claim is not entirely true. Life is not suffering but more people suffer in life while lesser people do not suffer. Stoicism claims that the good life is a virtuous life not a happy life. This means that a life of hedonism can bring happiness even though it is not the good life. There are people who have never suffered from birth till death and thus have never suffered in life.

The gulf princesses are examples.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Oyiboman69: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2020
I'm in delta state,does it work here?,how much is the cost?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Splitmind: 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
ebony2011:
Help me ask Catholic priest and Bishops.

Funny thing is in the past priests could marry. The church stopped it about 1000 years ago because all the inheritances priests would get were going to their children and not the church.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by capitalzero: 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
BadRadio:

Some would set no other goal & do nothing else but look forward to the excitement of being married.

When a man or a woman decides by choice not to have kids or get married, does it in anyway affect them?

What will you consider as an achievement ?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Raalsalghul: 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
Nope, they're not achievements.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Seyzcham91(m): 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
I like the fact that you like questioning which is good and no one is the fountain of knowledge as i know nothing as well, just delivering This from My Own perspective

Lets take a look at this from this two angle

1- a married couple with kids but not rich to cater for their family but struggling, do you call the family Achieved? i call them blessed cuz of the kids and if the woman is also a very good woman and mother, that is also a blessing

2- A person with enough money but no kids is achieved.
lexy2014:

Y is getting married & having kids not an achievement? What makes a blessing from God less than an achievement?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Seyzcham91(m): 9:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
I like the fact that you like questioning which is good and no one is the fountain of knowledge as i know nothing as well, just delivering This from My Own perspective

1- a married couple with kids but not rich to cater for their family but struggling, do you call the family Achieved?

2- a
lexy2014:

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Diamondplus1805(m): 9:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
At Liberty to pick a side
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by ordovicianonly(f): 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
Marriage and children is great ACHIEVEMENTS to me and my wife . So what can you call an achievement when you say bring a new life to the world is not an achievement? Anything that is positive & good is an achievement to me . Building house,buying cars ,aging (birthdays) ,good education,jobs ,financial breakthrough,talents ,album release ,giving birth ,pregnancy are all achievements

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Aug28th(m): 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by lexy2014: 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
Seyzcham91:

1- a married couple with kids but not rich to cater for their family but struggling, do you call the family Achieved? i call them blessed cuz of the kids and if the woman is also a very good woman and mother, that is also a blessing

2- A person with enough money but no kids is achieved.

What exactly is your criteria for determining what an achievement is and what isn't an achievement? Except d meaning of d word has changed in d dictionary, I don't no how being married, having kids& struggling isn't an achievement. And how achievement is just about money. Kindly shed some light.

But d question u failed to answer is "
Y is getting married & having kids not an achievement?"
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by lexy2014: 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hathor5:

Because marriage comes easy to some people. They are lucky/blessed enough to find their other half without putting any effort into it. How is getting married to someone you love an achievement in this case? It's a blessing/luck. Staying married might be tougher but even this comes easy to some people. They get married and live their lives with all the ups and downs life throws at them and stay together because they have been conditioned to think that divorce is not an option. How is it an achievement?

Pls what is dictionary meaning of achievement? Did u have a special dictionary that u use?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by ume1000: 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
BadRadio:

marriage is the only achievement a Nigerian woman ever accomplish
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by tosyne2much(m): 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
Whatever gives you a sense of fulfillment is an achievement

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Seyzcham91(m): 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
Getting married and having kids not an achievement to me cuz it's a CHOICE to get married and have kids

You can't make a choice to Achieve in life cuz it's all God's grace nomatter how much you try

Remember again "from my own perspective"
lexy2014:

What exactly is your criteria for determining what an achievement is and what isn't an achievement? Except d meaning of d word has changed in d dictionary, I don't no how being married, having kids& struggling isn't an achievement. And how achievement is just about money. Kindly shed some light.

But d question u failed to answer is "
Y is getting married & having kids not an achievement?"
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
capitalzero:

What will you consider as an achievement ?
solving real life problems through inventions and innovations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Tribute To Freeman David / Real Men Do Not Beat Their Wives / When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.