Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? (50072 Views)

Being A Single Mother Or Being Married And Unhappy. / "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says / Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:21am On Dec 07, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
You're one of those very 'factual' people that will confuse themselves with either too much logic or anything that fuels their ego.

I hope you know the difference between something that works and something that people do not allow to work.

There are blissful marriages. You cant cancel that because some people get divorced. Think!

I wonder o, blaming marriage instead of partners who involved, when they see red flags they ignore owing to their lustful/worldly desires, when the infatuation vanish eyes will now clear.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by LJchart: 3:33am On Dec 07, 2020
emkz:
I regretted mine, not necessarily for what she did but for my inability to follow my instincts about her which could have prevented the calamity. We were not married but things had been done towards that like introduction and trad before kasala burst. I was happy kasala burst before we went farther.

For anyone who wants to get married, by all means do so...but marry for the right reasons. You first need to understand yourself and your own limitations. If your aim is to have children, perhaps a contractual arrangement suffices. Unfortunately, many marriages today are not different from service contracts: I will provide shelter, food and security while you provide pussy when I want it and how I want it, and you must not provide it to someone else. Or I am marrying you because society expects and would respect me to be married as it shows I am responsible.

The Dutch Prime Minister is single.

Or I'd marry you only because I love you. These are wrong reasons to be married. For a potential spouse, look at compatibility, companionship, communication, character and charisma. Exude these qualities yourself and you shall find it in your potential partner. Love will fade, the butterflies in your stomach shall die, your partner shall irritate you, what then would hold your marriage?

The stories of wayward men and women are told everyday on this forum. Don't let them deter you. There are very good men and women from very good homes who are responsible to be wifed or husbanded. I know this because all my sisters have been married for years and no one has come to report that they have issues with them.

Don't go looking for a wife. Develop yourself and have the values of someone husbandable, creation will link you to your spouse.

In closing, my question to you is:

Why exactly do you want to get married? Are you truly convinced of the answer you give yourself?

I like this response and the last question asked.
There are good women out there like you, thinking and reasoning same thoughts as you are right now.
Continue to develop yourself to someone husbandable.
Accept that the way you want someone's daughter to change to what you want, she also wants you to change to what she wants.
Finally, Love is not a feeling, feelings only give love expression. LOVE IS A CHOICE. When you finally choose, convince yourself everyday you made the right choice and stick to it with full expression. That is Love.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 07, 2020
pronto543:

Abi o, and let other men too 'put their dick in her and let her born for them too...'

Let them take turns to enjoy their lives with her in the nice apartment you used your money to rent for her, while she enjoys the sweetness of her life and your sweat.

And let the daughters you have with her grow up to be just like her, so she and her stepbrothers and sister can make you proud and give you everlasting peace of mind.

And at end, let her give you STD from other men that sleeps with her. At least she is not under any contractual agreement to not f**k other men since you 'cared' so much about her 'happiness' and her 'freedom'.

And when you are 70 and you cook and wash for yourself lonely and hopeless, please don't blame anybody for your fate o.

Did you need to reply foolish people that full nairaland, they only think of now before they vomit stupid opinion on public forum, the decisions they want to take, they careless to knw how it will affect them in future, when it will be very very difficult to start afresh

Why won't they have problems in marriages, when they reason like slowpoke.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by mjoshuasimon: 3:55am On Dec 07, 2020
No!! I have the best partner in the word never regret having her as a wife, infact if there's wedding in heaven i will marry her again. ;DNo!! I have the best partner in the word never regret having her as a wife, infact if there's wedding in heaven i will marry her again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by AmeLonRo(m): 4:34am On Dec 07, 2020
Yes, it happens. Especially when your partner really angers you. When your partner sweetens you up you begin to wish you have married her long ago and will marry her in another world.
Marriage and love are complex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4YgZTi2opU
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by BigDawsNet: 4:46am On Dec 07, 2020
macfish101:
that your white lady, does she have single friends?

Yeah couple of friends from brunette to blonde
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by BigDawsNet: 4:47am On Dec 07, 2020
nniero11:

Good choice bro!

I pray i get hooked with either a Mexican or Columbian for life! they value family and they r shw black too!

Goodluck bro
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by BigDawsNet: 4:49am On Dec 07, 2020
berrystunn:

Killing of time
Waiting for divorce.

Even when you are too perfect.

I did from 2003 to 2009 .

Bro divorce to an average white is like filling a job application.... Its normal

But I'm willing to make it last and work for my sake and my kids
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:49am On Dec 07, 2020
Yamiriflathead:

Men don't give a bleep about unmarried women in reality. But married women segregate and discriminate on single woen.. they see marriage as some sort of elevation that makes them superior to their unmarried friends.
Worry about this
Exactly
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by BigDawsNet: 4:54am On Dec 07, 2020
Kuns84:

Did you know white people generally take a bath or shower only once or twice a week?
Forget how pale their skin looks, they are dirty asf.

Do you know most part in the US... You can go around without changing your shirt for days... You will hardly trace any dirt... Thanks to the weather and factory tied city..

Some white don't practice 24hrs bath while some never joke with a hot bath after a long day.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by BigDawsNet: 4:55am On Dec 07, 2020
Plut01:

See you oo wink wink
Why you no settle for a Nigerian lady make we count scores after 3 years nah wink

Nigerian ladies are one of the most beautiful creature on earth...

But still... Its my choice
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by MistadeRegal(m): 5:58am On Dec 07, 2020
BEFORE YOU PROPOSE OR ACCEPT THAT MARRIAGE PROPOSAL

I find it expedient to write on this issue, so as to enlighten whoever will find it useful because you can never inquire of GOD and ever get misled by GOD. IT IS VERY MUCH IMPOSSIBLE!

In order to curb the rampant and rising level of divorce in our world today, many still do not believe they need to bring GOD'S attention into their relationship for proper directive and leadership beyond the love thing.

GOD is not a GOD that tell lies to you when you inquire anything of Him. He will state it exactly how He sees it from His own perspective because He is the only ONE who sees and knows all things.

Whichever method of proposing to your partner is not what matters.
What matters is marrying the very person destined to be yours.
In inquiring of GOD, both parties must get a YES from GOD.

If one party gets a YES and the other gets a NO, don't dare it because it will be a marriage that will only favour one party while the other party continues to suffer in the marriage, which will bring no joy to the suffering one.

Many have been making this one mistake in marrying wrong whenever they meet a new guy/girl with sweet words and with or without good characters all in the name of, "He/She loves me so much."

For every Adam, there is an Eve. And you cannot fit a wrong rib in the wrong body and expect it to last. It will surely fall off, break off or pull off at any mistaken shake or move.

To know who your destined, real and ideal partner is, you cannot by your own self know because people hide their true identity, colours and characters from others with sweet words and behaviours.

You cannot by testing, trying, tempting or giving him/her exams know if he/she is the right one for you. You cannot by your own self know his/her mind towards you or detect the future that lies ahead of being together.

The only way you can know if this guy/girl is the right one for you is to inquire of GOD. For before GOD, no man can hide. Here is why you need to know from GOD before proposing or accepting a marriage proposal.

GOD is the only One who has the capacity to searches the heart, tries the reins and knew the motive of every human. Nothing in the present and future can ever be hidden from the GOD of Heaven.

It is not difficult to inquire of GOD to know about your partner, but because you have been ignoring the fact and believing what that man/woman says is why you picked wrong and later ended in divorce or heartbreak(s).

You cannot trust him/her all because he/she always scream the word, "I love you!" to the world before your face and your friends. Or use you as a husband/wife already before marrying you. That is not a proof of destined husband/wife.

For the fact that he/she sleeps with you always is neither the proof of love; if it was, many men would love countless women. So do not be driven to error by the sweet words of any man or woman who claims to be in love with you.

Love is very expensive these days, while lust is very very cheap. So, in order to choose love and not lust, you need GOD to choose for you so as to have a peaceful and lasting marriage you have always prayed for.

Never in a rush believe the words of that guy/girl/man/woman. But inquire of GOD to know the truth hidden from your mortal eyes. For only GOD knows each man and his heart and his ways.

I'll write out here a simple method of inquiring of GOD about your partner before you propose or say yes to that marriage proposal. Follow it and you will never be disappointed in love or relationship.

Here it is:
Before you go to sleep at night, follow this process;

1. Sing songs of praise unto GOD. (Songs that really praises GOD)
2. Offer prayers of thanks. (You can use Psalm 136)
3. Pray for forgiveness of sin. (You can use Psalm 130 & 51)
4. Prayerfully recite Psalm 31:1-3.
5. Then go straight to the point, "Heavenly FATHER, I thank You because You always hear me. Blessed be the name of the LORD. You are the GOD that sees in secret and in the open, You are the GOD that knows all secrets and all hidden things, You are the LORD. Now O LORD GOD of heaven and earth, there is something that is hidden from me but open to You and because You know all things, that is why I have come to You only to inquire of You. There are these men/women (mention their names) who wants to marry me/I want to marry. And I don't want to make mistake in choosing the wrong one. LORD GOD, I beg You, please tell me the one that is rightfully mine among them. The one of which I will have peace of mind and joy and happiness and love and progress with throughout my life of staying with him/her.
6. Thank you for answering me.
In JESUS CHRIST Mighty name I pray.
Amen.

Done.

Making inquiry of GOD has always been the best way of knowing and finding the right partner.
Looks can be deceiving.
Words and promises can be broken easily.
But whoever GOD confirms is the best choice always without regrets.
Though, normally, there are bound to be misunderstandings and disagreements as a normal human always does, but there will always be a peaceful reconciliation and not separation nor extremism.

You can always keep and save yourself off unnecessary heartbreaks, divorce and disappointments when you bring GOD into your relationship.
Inquire of GOD about that partner.

And when GOD had given you that rightful and destined partner, maintain him/her in love, peace, harmony, understanding, endurance, perseverance, assistance, encouragement, advice and prayer.

For then is when you can say, "I have a blissful marriage."
GOD hates divorce. And to keep away from it, let Him decide who you spend the rest of your life with.

GOD bless us all.
Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:59am On Dec 07, 2020
onlinestaff2020:
Hello Nairalanders,

This post is actually coming at the right time. Marriage has really been a pain in the ass for me.

My madam has been giving me headache for more than 13 years and even up till now.

Can you believe that because of my work and cost of transport which I spend close to N1500, I have decided to stay at my working place for sometime and go back home during the weekends.

Last week when I was around, my wife has been brooding and she told me nothing is the matter with her after I tried to prompt her.

Fast forward to today, after some days, she called me and started calling me names that I have not changed that I have a wife and daughter outside. This is totally unfounded.

Me that have not slept and have been sleeping in the ICT room on bare floor, just because of transport matter, is being accused wrongly.

I felt seriously bad.

Marriage is indeed a scam.

It's better to remain single, have a child/children from a baby mamma and move on freely without a baggage called a wife.

A woman is a man's worst nightmare.
Y
They can kill joy.
I'm sorry sir for your predicament
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by kingreign(m): 6:53am On Dec 07, 2020
Fussion1000:

[s]Half truth. So many married people give their experiences on how marriages open to them,Bliss or Toxic, meanwhile one may not marry and still gives comprehensive opinion/counsel much more than married one. It all depends on how one understands philosophy of life not necessary you are fully into it, after all she or he has been into relationships before. Or you want to tell me boyfriend n girlfriend relationship experiences don't usually count/help in marriages[/s].

It's a very terrible speech you gave up there. And oh yes, I emphatically state it, 'Boyfriend girlfriend relationship Is VERY VERY VERY different from marriage because its not marriage'. When you understand the spiritual concept and reasons for marriage and apply it, then you can talk about marriage.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 07, 2020
kingreign:

It's a very terrible speech you gave up there. And oh yes, I emphatically state it, 'Boyfriend girlfriend relationship Is VERY VERY VERY different from marriage because its not marriage'. When you understand the spiritual concept and reasons for marriage and apply it, then you can talk about marriage.

Abeg enough of all these spiritual concepts, is it God or holy spirit that will tell you to overlook minor offences and give peace a chance, reach compromise, work hard to support ur family?

Oga, you need 75% of human efforts and 25% of God backing to succeed maritally not only in marriages but in all human endeavors.

Enough of God will do it concept jare.

Even if God wants to intervene and the couple refuse to give him a chance, do u think he will force himself into that marriage?
We humans quickly call God or blame Satan, even when we don't fulfill our own obligations and when its obvious that we are the architect of our misfortune.

If bf/gf relationships didn't have impact in ur marriage, for me. soooooooo many experiences I had with different ladies I dated in the past, helped me to choose my dearest wife and am still counting on the experiences years after my marriage.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by kingreign(m): 7:05am On Dec 07, 2020
Fussion1000:

[s]Abeg enough of all these spiritual concepts, its God or holy spirit that will tell you to overlook minor offences and give peace a chance,

Even if God wants to intervene and the couple don't give him a chance, do u think he force himself into that marriage?
We humans quickly rush call God or blame Satan, even when we don't fulfill our own part and its obvious that we are the architect of our misfortune.

If bf/gf relationship didn't have impact in ur marriage, for me soooooooo many experiences I had with different ladies I dated in the past, helped me to choose my dearest wife and am still counting on the experience years after my marriage[/s].

. Your idea of marriage and mine are two opposing ideas. I respect you and your idea but I don't buy it. I still insist on my stand that marriage is a spiritual institution instituted by God himself, if you're not okay with it, that's your business, go deal with it. This is my last comment to you don't bother quoting me

Cheers!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by berrystunn(m): 7:15am On Dec 07, 2020
BigDawsNet:

Bro divorce to an average white is like filling a job application.... Its normal

But I'm willing to make it last and work for my sake and my kids

Good luck.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 07, 2020
kingreign:

. Your idea of marriage and mine are two opposing ideas. I respect you and your idea but I don't buy it. I still insist on my stand that marriage is a spiritual institution instituted by God himself, if you're not okay with it, that's your business, go deal with it. This is my last comment to you don't bother quoting me

Cheers!

The way you reason sickened, in fact I salute your wife, she is the one making your marriage workable.

Because I haven't be in UK, does that mean I won't say happenings in UK?

So many great footballers struggle to make impact as coaches, ask of Viera, Nevile, Henry even Maradona etc. While people who never played football or not great during their time as players are making waves...

Going by ur illustration, since Mourhino never played football he won't knw how to coach players and win trophies.

So many singles are giving far better opinions on this post than you do.

You keep emphasising on spiritual, no practical clue on how to succeed on marriages, when marital issue is pure practical.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Jodha(f): 8:04am On Dec 07, 2020
Gamesmart:

AAAAAHHHH!

Una dey see how women bring unnecessary arguments into ones life?

So it has moved from "anything" to "barely a sentence"? grin

God dey!

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by KossyKiss97(f): 8:09am On Dec 07, 2020
Gamesmart:

Millions ko, Gazillions ni!

More like millions of marriages fail.

Just another woman fighting for marriage because she is panicking. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/6298872/ever-regretted-being-married-partner/10#96794209

God forbid! Because your marriage is a FAILURE does not mean other people's marriage are. E-warrior, stop fighting on social media, go home and fight for your marriage.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:39am On Dec 07, 2020
Yamiriflathead:
One useless pained female mod abi simp done delete comments from page 1... Thunder fire you, useless mod

Marriage is still an overated piece of shit
Pele shocked
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 8:40am On Dec 07, 2020
KossyKiss97:

God forbid! Because your marriage is a FAILURE does not mean other people's marriage are. E-warrior, stop fighting on social media, go home and fight for your marriage.

Madam, stop panicking, face reality and stop telling lies.

Marriage na failed arrangement.

Don't go into it because you are terrified of not being wanted and ending up alone as you grow old.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:46am On Dec 07, 2020
Oluwaseun2020:

if you are godly yourself. .you will find a godly girl..learn from marriage that work..like oyedepo and adeboye. ..
get this book.. making marriage work by faith oyedepo. .thank me later
Get the free pdf file on Google.
Kai bura ubanka ka damemu.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by TripleA9: 9:00am On Dec 07, 2020
emkz:
I regretted mine, not necessarily for what she did but for my inability to follow my instincts about her which could have prevented the calamity. We were not married but things had been done towards that like introduction and trad before kasala burst. I was happy kasala burst before we went farther.

For anyone who wants to get married, by all means do so...but marry for the right reasons. You first need to understand yourself and your own limitations. If your aim is to have children, perhaps a contractual arrangement suffices. Unfortunately, many marriages today are not different from service contracts: I will provide shelter, food and security while you provide pussy when I want it and how I want it, and you must not provide it to someone else. Or I am marrying you because society expects and would respect me to be married as it shows I am responsible.

The Dutch Prime Minister is single.

Or I'd marry you only because I love you. These are wrong reasons to be married. For a potential spouse, look at compatibility, companionship, communication, character and charisma. Exude these qualities yourself and you shall find it in your potential partner. Love will fade, the butterflies in your stomach shall die, your partner shall irritate you, what then would hold your marriage?

The stories of wayward men and women are told everyday on this forum. Don't let them deter you. There are very good men and women from very good homes who are responsible to be wifed or husbanded. I know this because all my sisters have been married for years and no one has come to report that they have issues with them.

Don't go looking for a wife. Develop yourself and have the values of someone husbandable, creation will link you to your spouse.

In closing, my question to you is:

Why exactly do you want to get married? Are you truly convinced of the answer you give yourself?
Bros, you just hit the head on the nail!. A bottle of your favorite poison for you �
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by ezelous: 9:47am On Dec 07, 2020
blinking001:
Most married men feel deep regrets after getting married. It's an Esoteric truth actually. Most women are full of shit.
f first, you dont know shit about marriage. You are just an immature being like those who liked your comments without thinking well.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:50am On Dec 07, 2020
Gamesmart:

Do you know how many congregation females/males or olosho/ashawo that Oyedepo or Adeboye bangs behind their wives' backs?

You think milking the congregation for private jets will be their only scams?
Hahahhaa my stomach shocked shocked men of God they enjoy I swear

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 10:45am On Dec 07, 2020
Jodha:

The reality is that when a girl is hot and sexy, most likely she does not have a good personality because she has never found the need to develop her personality when her looks gets her all she wants (from good jobs to attention to relationships to free stuff to gifts to social events invitation etc.).

Such girls tend to take their men for granted because they are confident there is another one on the queue to replace him.

So many men will not good interactions/personality needs from such girls on the long term. The only men that will, will be the alpha males who are at the top of the social ladder and the girl feels lucky to have. Ones she will struggle to replace without downgrading.

But these men too do not develop their personalities when hundreds of young fine girls with different bodies are rady to f**k them at the snap of a finger. grin

Marriages are failed arrangements and doomed institutions. The only way for most to succeed is to compromise on their desires, needs and happiness just to be married. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Jodha(f): 12:07pm On Dec 07, 2020
Gamesmart:

The reality is that when a girl is hot and sexy, most likely she does not have a good personality because she has never found the need to develop her personality when her looks gets her all she wants (from good jobs to attention to relationships to free stuff to gifts to social events invitation etc.).

Such girls tend to take their men for granted because they are confident there is another one on the queue to replace him.

So many men will not good interactions/personality needs from such girls on the long term. The only men that will, will be the alpha males who are at the top of the social ladder and the girl feels lucky to have. Ones she will struggle to replace without downgrading.

But these men too do not develop their personalities when hundreds of young fine girls with different bodies are rady to f**k them at the snap of a finger. grin

Marriages are failed arrangements and doomed institutions. The only way for most to succeed is to compromise on their desires, needs and happiness just to be married. grin grin grin

Yhure wrong in all ramifications and I don't know where to start from..
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 1:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
Jodha:

Yhure wrong in all ramifications and I don't know where to start from..

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by KossyKiss97(f): 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2020
Gamesmart:

Madam, stop panicking, face reality and stop telling lies.

Marriage na failed arrangement.

Don't go into it because you are terrified of not being wanted and ending up alone as you grow old.

My marriage is a wonderful divine creation by God. Its really unfortunate that people like you are trying to discourage people from having a taste of it.

You can have a beautiful marriage. Its very very possible
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2020
KossyKiss97:

For your information OGA, I have been married for 7 years, and I make bold to say that my marriage is successful by the grace of God. That you have a failed marriage does not mean that the whole universe will also have failed marriages. You don't have to discourage people who are planning to get married either, simply because your marriage is a disaster.

When you finally divorce, you know no one will want you that is why you are panicking and trying to promote marriage because "he must not leave you".

Calm down! Nothing is wrong with being alone. Don't be so afraid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Mom's Racy Outfit To Host Son's 5th Birthday Party At School Sparks Criticism / My Wife Betrayed & Left Me And Got Pregnant For Another Man While I Was In Jail / Husband Waits To Have Sex Until Marriage . . . Then Learns Wife Is 4 Months Preg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.