Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? (50104 Views)

Being A Single Mother Or Being Married And Unhappy. / "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says / Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by wisdomeze(m): 4:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
kalu61:
So a man who decided not to marry is not a man. Not everybody must marry.

This talk no just follow abeg. Ur generation will just die like a candle in the wind if u decide to remain single all ur life. If u are a religious person that means u don't fear God. Anyday u old die na me go bury u?
Think am!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
Aileexa1:
Marriage is scary, I won't lie.

The thought of having one person around you is tiring.

But from what I understand, marriage should be two imperfect people coming under God to create a perfect union

if you are godly yourself. .you will find a godly girl..learn from marriage that work..like oyedepo and adeboye. ..
get this book.. making marriage work by faith oyedepo. .thank me later
Get the free pdf file on Google.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by daniddan1999: 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
Interesting
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
Oluwaseun2020:

.if you are godly yourself. .you will find a godly girl..learn from marriage that work..like oyedepo and adeboye. ..

Thanks
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Ikennamurphy: 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
@the bolded.

If you don't want to get married, that is on you and your choice to make. Don't come here and be saying bullshit

Babe mama even has its own drama and emotional drain.. If you don't want any woman stay single
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Heineken(m): 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
Juliearth:

Bringing this here, you might end up being more discouraged than you are already. I have seen so many failed marriages, but that is not a good enough reason for me to think less of the institution. Love/marriage is a beautiful thing but you have to unlock the tricks to achieve that.

1. Do not settle down with a woman based on her looks. Those are ephemeral. I am not saying it is not important, but it should be secondary. Look out for a woman who is naturally homely. Look out for how she relates with her family members, there lies her true character...

2. When you finally meet her and marry her, you have to operate as a team. It is impossible to treat a good woman right and for her not reciprocate the gesture. Try as much as possible to avoid third parties. Crises are normal, but they are not meant to break you. There is a lesson in every crisis. I wish you the best!
this mama how are you? Where have you been??
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by mabliss(f): 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
It's not only the men that regret being married at a point, women too have regret at a time over their marriages, so it's the both.

Regret happens when things are not going as you planned it or probably due to some shortcomings of one's partner. But all in all, 1) good communication, don't assume you know your partner's mind, ASK QUESTIONS. 2) Trust, no relationship can stand without an iota of trust cause you will always suspect the other person if you lack trust. 3) Respect, respect should be from both parties for your marriage to last, a woman that lacks respect talks back at her husband, disobeys her husband, cheats on her husband etc and a man that lacks respect for his wife, beats his wife, insults his wife on slight provocations, cheats on his wife.
4) God, whether you are a Christian or a Muslim, once you and your spouse make God the number one, and you ensure you pray together always. Then your marriage will last.

There are so many things involved in marriage, I just listed few, marriage is for the matured. Meanwhile, am married, so I know what am saying.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by alphaNomega: 4:07pm On Dec 06, 2020
banmee:

You are probably 12 years old.
or younger

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by JIMMY1393: 4:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
paulolee:
av regretted sooo many relationships n i think marriage would even b worst going by the way my married friends keep complaining n regretting whenever we do relax to watch football during weekends or hang out together..
they do talk marriage as if they are in life time bondage n are dieing silently n i end up advising n convincing them dt all marriages are d same n none is perfect...I just pray dt mine ends up a bit better n dts if I would get ready for such "bondage"...

You are advicing them and convincing them all marriage is the same yet you want your own to be different and better ? Oniranu

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by alphaNomega: 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2020
Nomorelove:

You were making sense until you said Love will fade. If it fades then you were never in love. Even the bible said among Love, Faith and Hope, the greatest is love and love never ends. If you're a Christian, pay more attention to God.
guy, love dey fade...don't play yourself
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by mich2012: 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2020
emkz:
I regretted mine, not necessarily for what she did but for my inability to follow my instincts about her which could have prevented the calamity. We were not married but things had been done towards that like introduction and trad before kasala burst. I was happy kasala burst before we went farther.

For anyone who wants to get married, by all means do so...but marry for the right reasons. You first need to understand yourself and your own limitations. If your aim is to have children, perhaps a contractual arrangement suffices. Unfortunately, many marriages today are not different from service contracts: I will provide shelter, food and security while you provide pussy when I want it and how I want it, and you must not provide it to someone else. Or I am marrying you because society expects and would respect me to be married as it shows I am responsible.

The Dutch Prime Minister is single.

Or I'd marry you only because I love you. These are wrong reasons to be married. For a potential spouse, look at compatibility, companionship, communication, character and charisma. Exude these qualities yourself and you shall find it in your potential partner. Love will fade, the butterflies in your stomach shall die, your partner shall irritate you, what then would hold your marriage?

The stories of wayward men and women are told everyday on this forum. Don't let them deter you. There are very good men and women from very good homes who are responsible to be wifed or husbanded. I know this because all my sisters have been married for years and no one has come to report that they have issues with them.

Don't go looking for a wife. Develop yourself and have the values of someone husbandable, creation will link you to your spouse.

In closing, my question to you is:

Why exactly do you want to get married? Are you truly convinced of the answer you give yourself?

Well-written

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Liposure: 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
when2:

For you to come to nairaland to seek advise from women haters shows that you are not ready to settle down. Besides its a well known fact that men are unfaithful in marriage than women. Besides i don't think you are a saint.
but you forget some wives push their husbands into infidelity
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Liposure: 4:13pm On Dec 06, 2020
foreveryoung1515:
Marry your friend. that's what I didn't do and I do regret it over and over again.
awwww. So sad
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Nomorelove: 4:13pm On Dec 06, 2020
alphaNomega:
guy, love dey fade...don't play yourself
Stop trying to feel among. It doesn't suit you... Yuck!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Liposure: 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2020
laborious:
Someone that have my child already is waiting for me to marry her...me that i know what i am doing!
lol. Cunning man
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 06, 2020
Can't handle being cheated on too. I wonder how people forgive these things and move forward like nothing happened. My current relationship is seriously hurting, want to get out but this guy won't just let me be.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by maridrug(m): 4:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
I am married and I see the marriage in the western world mentality as scam of the highest order.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Martinez39s(m): 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2020
bouncin04:
I'm a single guy ( 32 years ) who's aspiring to get married maybe in 2 to 3 years time , but news about failed relationships and my experiences gives me cold feet , I can't handle being cheated on as I just got out of one toxic relationship . So I ask people already in marriages if they have for once regretted being married to their current partners , if yes kindly give your reasons and share how you are coping with them , and if no also share your formula towards keeping a happy home , so we learn . Thanks in anticipation .
I sent you links to my two meme threads and GLYCOLYSISS'S red-pill thread but a moderator deleted the post. There is a deliberate attempt to hide the red pill about female nature from you. Please check the threads. Forget about marriage and swallow the red pill.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2020
onlinestaff2020:
Hello Nairalanders,

This post is actually coming at the right time. Marriage has really been a pain in the ass for me.

My madam has been giving me headache for more than 13 years and even up till now.

Can you believe that because of my work and cost of transport which I spend close to N1500, I have decided to stay at my working place for sometime and go back home during the weekends.

Last week when I was around, my wife has been brooding and she told me nothing is the matter with her after I tried to prompt her.

Fast forward to today, after some days, she called me and started calling me names that I have not changed that I have a wife and daughter outside. This is totally unfounded.

Me that have not slept and have been sleeping in the ICT room on bare floor, just because of transport matter, is being accused wrongly.

I felt seriously bad.

Marriage is indeed a scam.

It's better to remain single, have a child/children from a baby mamma and move on freely without a baggage called a wife.

A woman is a man's worst nightmare.

They can kill joy.

i fee your pain bro...
from your analysis i see you are depending too much on your self...
when last did you fast??
when last did you pray together with your wife
how godly is your home...
i have a solution to your transport problem. ..but if you are ready to do what i will advuce you let me know
If you are a born again..better..because without God it wont work what i will tell you. ..

finally learn from marriage that work..like oyedepo and adeboye. ..
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by alphaNomega: 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2020
tonididdy:
My gf is originally 80% boring.
I always have to push to start a conversation or a joke.
At this point, I am almost run out on efforts.

... Me I can't marry oh.
you haven't met the right person na why
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by alphaNomega: 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2020
Nomorelove:

Stop trying to feel among. It doesn't suit you... Yuck!
Feel among? Explain yourself
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2020
toren:
Can't handle being cheated on too. I wonder how people forgive these things and move forward like nothing happened. My current relationship is seriously hurting, want to get out but this guy won't just let me be.

you can fix it...learn from marriage that work..like oyedepo and adeboye. ..

if you dont want him again...i have a way out..if you will try...
God can change human heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Alexaonfleek: 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
FuckThaMod:

[s][/s]And this one just proved my point.. Just take a look at them gloating all over the topic.
The day i see a single lady against marriage i go buy cow for everyone in my street[s][/s]
Count the number of men that commented on the front page.

Share the cow reach my side...if you have it sha grin
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2020
foreveryoung1515:
Marry your friend. that's what I didn't do and I do regret it over and over again.
not just a friend but a godly girl..
if you are godly yourself. .you will find a godly girl..learn from marriage that work..like oyedepo and adeboye. ..
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ensquare:
Yes..five times
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Rexmy(m): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
emkz:
I regretted mine, not necessarily for what she did but for my inability to follow my instincts about her which could have prevented the calamity. We were not married but things had been done towards that like introduction and trad before kasala burst. I was happy kasala burst before we went farther.

For anyone who wants to get married, by all means do so...but marry for the right reasons. You first need to understand yourself and your own limitations. If your aim is to have children, perhaps a contractual arrangement suffices. Unfortunately, many marriages today are not different from service contracts: I will provide shelter, food and security while you provide pussy when I want it and how I want it, and you must not provide it to someone else. Or I am marrying you because society expects and would respect me to be married as it shows I am responsible.

The Dutch Prime Minister is single.

Or I'd marry you only because I love you. These are wrong reasons to be married. For a potential spouse, look at compatibility, companionship, communication, character and charisma. Exude these qualities yourself and you shall find it in your potential partner. Love will fade, the butterflies in your stomach shall die, your partner shall irritate you, what then would hold your marriage?

The stories of wayward men and women are told everyday on this forum. Don't let them deter you. There are very good men and women from very good homes who are responsible to be wifed or husbanded. I know this because all my sisters have been married for years and no one has come to report that they have issues with them.

Don't go looking for a wife. Develop yourself and have the values of someone husbandable, creation will link you to your spouse.

In closing, my question to you is:

Why exactly do you want to get married? Are you truly convinced of the answer you give yourself?
You spoke sense...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Liposure: 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2020
Bosdem:
Wish I never married, the joy I get comes from my kids, marriage ma scam, after 11 years found out my husband has a 17 years old child, and that's the least of the matter, marriage can be liken to a gift, its full of surprises, some are great, some are bad news.
so touching
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2020
Jodha:
Just marry the right woman...and yhull be happy for the rest of yhur life.... although life is not a bed of roses...but yhull scale through...

But if yhu marry the wrong woman....yhull be miserable...

How will marrying the "right" woman make you happy for the rest of your life?

What makes her "right"?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by JONSYN7154: 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
Nmezor:
Hmmm, re u married
No. Will you marry me?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Liposure: 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
Wahala for us wey neva marry oh. I'm confused
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by FuckThaMod: 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Count the number of men that commented on the front page.

Share the cow reach my side...if you have it sha grin
Men no carry marriage for head reach una..

If you want cow, point me to a woman against marriage and then relocate to my street. cool
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Exmilitant(m): 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
Bros you too sabi book. [quote author=emkz post=96784960]I regretted mine, not necessarily for what she did but for my inability to follow my instincts about her which could have prevented the calamity. We were not married but things had been done towards that like introduction and trad before kasala burst. I was happy kasala burst before we went farther.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

UPDATE: Snake In My Roof / Men, Can You Take Your Wife Back After Cheating On You? / My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.