Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? (50058 Views)

Being A Single Mother Or Being Married And Unhappy. / "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says / Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2020
Hathor5:

The percentage is irrelevant to a person who believes that family is everything and wants to start one.

No matter what you say here, if you could have a happy marriage and family, you would.

No, darling.

Marriage will not work for me based on your own interpretation of "happy marriage".

I am a MAN. I have needs and urges.

If I can find a very attractive woman, who can maintain her attractiveness over the years and still not raise a fuss about me sleeping with other women when I want to, then I would have a "happy marriage".

I know that is unlikely to happen in this lifetime, so marriage is not for me.

I know that is the dream set-up for most men (they should not deceive themselves), so I know majority of those that attempt your approach to "happy marriage" will fail or end up being miserable.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2020
Exmilitant:
The same God's book says, those who marry will face tribulations and those who remain single will do better.
yes the tribulation is for those who are just in marriage without God.
The first pages in that book talks abiut that...if both the man and woman are godly..they focus on God in every issue then it will be perfect. ..
nit that you are the one going to church while forcing your wife to come with you..then the devil already has an entrance into that marriage like he entered through eve in the garden...
so yea paul talk about he prefer to be single so he will suffer no weaknesses. ..
Samson was a godly man with so much power from God. .but the woman he loved ended his life..he was powerful than Apostle paul .
The same thing happened to Solomon..
The wife of a man of God also looke back and became salt..he just left her and moved
Job wife also adviced him to curse God and die
his women lead him to other Gods. ..thats the weak point. ..
And thats why God talk in the bible about which tribe to marry...
Godly tribes
Number 36:6
KJV:This is the thing which the Lord doth command concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, saying, Let them marry to whom they think best; only to the family of the tribe of their father shall they marry.

Gid said you can marry who you want..im not forcing you..but my advice, marry only your tribe
...If she is not born again..dont marry her.

So paul was saying its better to be unmarried than marry a devil..
and i think you will agree with him.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2020
Originakalokalo:
I have never regretted marrying my wife. Five years and counting.

Marry God's son or daughter and you will be alright.

Note that I didn't say you should marry a christian.....The word Christian is for everyone who goes to church.....both prostitute and armed robbers.

You cannot marry God's son or daughter if you don't belong to him.

Everyone wants to marry a God fearing person....

But they don't fear God themselves.

This is one of those that are merely satisfying their God's needs, not their own need.

Once I hear this type, I never believe they have a happy marriage. They are just happy at the thought of their God being happy with them.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by humilitypays(m): 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
Oluwaseun2020:

So you don't want to be a born again. ..
what happens if the robber is caught?
and killed and she becomes a widow...

The main aim to being born is again is to follow the truth and be free from sin....

You said the guy is rich...money will not grant you heaven. ...and protection of God.
God want a situation where we want him not money because the earth will pass and we will pay for ever sin we commit on earth...

So at redemption your sin will diminish and soon you will find God leading you and talking to you as a friend. ..

What your friend has nothing compared to what God has for him...its a total package of free health. .he wont visit hospital ever again...to treat any health challenges. .he will have heaven securing him against attacks. ..
i know many president who got killed by assassination with all the body guards around

At redemption alot of things you dont know will be unveiled to you..

You will have define supply of your needs...
stress free wealth. .not all this struggling around..
the blessing of God comes with no stress.

You will drink poison and it wont affects you
You wont be afraid of robbers...,kidnappers

You will have spiritual power to heal the sick...

Thats God plan for the redeemed. ..

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you"--this is the LORD's declaration--"plans for your well-being, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

He has plans to release his spirit into your life.
why because success true success
luke 16:7
So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?

True riches comes from God. .
The one your friends has according to the bible is world riches.

i will give you an example. .
I fasted last month and someone i that fought with me and blocked me on Facebook. .showed up and gave me 150 thousand... without any strees..that true riches...

It can be assessed by redemption
being born again does not prevent you from untimely death. Born agains also die before they reach 50yrs
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2020
BigDawsNet:
My people dint regret

So I won't too cheesy

Tho I'm about settling with a white lady

Good choice bro!

I pray i get hooked with either a Mexican or Columbian for life! they value family and they r shw black too!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2020
You're one of those very 'factual' people that will confuse themselves with either too much logic or anything that fuels their ego.

I hope you know the difference between something that works and something that people do not allow to work.

There are blissful marriages. You cant cancel that because some people get divorced. Think!

Gamesmart:

How can you say something that mostly fails "works"?

That is like saying Nigerian education system works when 75% of candidates fail to get 50% in UTME.

That is a ridiculous statement! Face facts and accept facts.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Kuns84(m): 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2020
Hathor5:

I find your red-pill movement and alpha talk extremely ridiculous and pathetic and it's not because I am looking for a husband. Stop deceiving yourselves.

You quoted me as if I give 2 fvcks about your opinion undecided

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by MrWolex: 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2020
Hmm... following up in 3D.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Oshokalo: 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2020
JONSYN7154:
The truth is that if you can endure women's repugnant character you won't regret your marriage.

Marriage is all about enduring each other's character.

if you have tough enduring skin you'll have a PERFECT marriage.
wat if u endures hers and she didn't do the same
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
brainpowerng:
I believe I'm eligible to offer you my one cent on the above-mentioned topic.

I've been married for more than 10 years to a woman I love always. I can tell you a lot about women because I have a grandmother, a mother, a sister, a wife and even a daughter. They are uniquely created by God in a special way.

You see, a lot of people will always get it wrong when it comes to marriage because they entered into it without a purpose. They got married just to get a license to fornicate! But I tell you this, a time is coming in your marriage when sex will stink to you, your spouse will beg for it and you won't have any urge at all. But what keeps the marriage going? Purpose!

I got married to my wife because she perfectly complements my inadequacies as I am to her her. I saw that we could work/walk together to attain my purpose/set goals in life and Walla! we're married.

Has my marriage been the bed of roses? Far from it! I've once felt like running away before, yes you read me right!

Every marriage is a work in progress, your abilities would be tested, it's a journey and not destination in itself. Do you want me to shock you? There are some levels of attainment in life that would be impossible without a woman pushing you.

Above all, build yourself an impeccable character, know what you want and pursue it for without a purpose, abuse is inevitable.

I could write for all eternity on my experience in a 10-year old marriage, but let me rest here.

Now this is an example of the promoters of marriage.

This is a man who is probably in his 30s or early 40s but yet is no more getting regular sex but yet is seeing attractive women and young girls all around him that he knows he wants to sleep but he has to "respect himself".

He is not getting sex regularly now and that phenomena will only deteriorate over the rest of his life. That is another hopeless 25 to 50 years of hardly any sex. This is not a happily married man but he would claim he is.

A normal man needs regular mind blowing sex with a woman that he finds extremely attractive at least twice a month even at his trough (except impotence catches up with him). Talk less of at his peak.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by wisdomeze(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
Gamesmart:

What a foolish contribution.

You no know wetin life de talk sha.. U still de chop mummy thank u. I know ur type.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by PreyingMantis(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
Preetti:
It's only in women matter they have strength. Team "Alpha" apes
Seems you're one of those women they're talking about... Full of shit
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by King44(m): 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
I am not married but what I have learnt is marriage is about finding a partner who can cope with your short coming and who you can cope with his or her short coming....

Each and every marriage that looks perfect without blemish to you is not perfect.....

There are flaws which each partners have learned to cope with without grudge which is keeping the marriage together and partners happy.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
Oludara202:

I remember my boss used to tell me back then that his wife would get him so annoyed and irritated but he’d just get to tolerate and overlook some of her shortcomings . May not have anything to do with infidelity anyway. A good number of years has gone and am right in that position. Those words he dished out now serve as an encouragement.

Always remember that wife is a gift from God, try to make yourself a better man and GOD will do the rest. You already know that there is no perfect person, not even you.

Suffering and happy. grin
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by banmee(m): 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Abeg nack me gist. How did you meet

Ol' the tin be like film. I be de wok for on one ad agency that time na im my friend come beg me say e get one babe wey im want make i look upon favorably for one interview wey we get the following week. We be de look for models for one B&H project wey we get. The day kon come na im she enter the interview room. My guy, I nearly faint. I never see pesin wey fine like dat before in real life except na for magazine. Tall, long legs, snow white teeth, flat tummy. With correct pointy nose. Ol boy, the full package. Dem no tell me twice. The interview no last more than two minutes before i recommend make we hire am.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by banmee(m): 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

The problem here is in Nigeria,things like sharing and caring is seen as weaknesses. Its not unusual for the person you are sharing with tolook at you like a fool. Everything there is seen as a transaction.

And that's the right term. Nigeria has transformed for a democratic system of government (if it ever was) to a transactional system of government. I wonder how the country still dey exist.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
You're one of those very 'factual' people that will confuse themselves with either too much logic or anything that fuels their ego.

I hope you know the difference between something that works and something that people do not allow to work.

There are blissful marriages. You cant cancel that because some people get divorced. Think!

I know the difference between something that works and something that does not work.

Anything that people do not allow to work falls under the category of "something that does not work".

Anything that mostly fail and is below success expectation rates falls under the category of "something that does not work".

E.g. NEPA is supposed to give us 24 hours light 365 days a year but is only giving us 6 hours of light a day (even if it gives 5% of Nigerians 24 hours a day) means NEPA does not work, it is a failed arrangement.

Marriage does not work, it is a failed arrangement. Even if you can find some "blissful" marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Hathor5(f): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
Next time I will ask people if they give 2 fvcks about my opinion before I quote them. grin

Kuns84:

You quoted me as if I give 2 fvcks about your opinion undecided
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2020
wisdomeze:

You no know wetin life de talk sha.. U still de chop mummy thank u. I know ur type.

If marriage is what you feel makes you a man, you are not a sensible man.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Hathor5(f): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
You have just said what I said. You would want to have a happy marriage but you can’t.

You don’t know most men so speak for yourself. Thanks.

Gamesmart:

No, darling.

Marriage will not work from me based on your own interpretation of "happy marriage".

I am a MAN. I have needs and urges.

If I can find a very attractive woman, who can maintain her attractiveness over the years and still not raise a fuss about me sleeping with other women when I want to, then I would have a "happy marriage".

I know that is unlikely to happen in this lifetime, so marriage is not for me.

I know that is the dream set-up for most men (they should not deceive themselves), so I know majority of those that attempt your approach to "happy marriage" will fail or end up being miserable.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
I sincerely hope nobody takes whatever you type here seriously. Have a great day

Gamesmart:

I know the difference between something that works and something that does not work.

Anything that people do not allow to work falls under the category of "something that does not work".

Anything that mostly fail and is below success expectation rates falls under the category of "something that does not work".

E.g. NEPA is supposed to give us 24 hours light 365 days a year but is only giving us 6 hours of light a day (even if it gives 5% of Nigerians 24 hours a day) means NEPA does not work, it is a failed arrangement.

Marriage does not work, it is a failed arrangement. Even if you can find some "blissful" marriage.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by JONSYN7154: 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
Nmezor:
Just like that? wink
like seriously, how do you want it?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
kapelvej:
wrong. marriage is to be enjoyed not endured. Compatibility and value system is all that is needed to avoid all these talk of endurance. Love is even overrated

Majority of the "successful" or "blissful" marriages is about endurance, compromise and sacrifice.

Not happiness.

Now imagine the majority of marriages that fail and what they are like.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
humilitypays:
being born again does not prevent you from untimely death. Born agains also die before they reach 50yrs

i dont know what you say...
Thats for you..
For be it onto you according to you faith

The bible says your years shall be 120.
When mankind had become corrupted in the period preceding the flood, God said: 'My spirit
shall not abide in man for ever, for he is flesh;
his days shall be a hundred and twenty
years' (Gen. 6:3).

so im sticking with God.
for if a leaf falls off from the tree it dries off..

thats why you see some Christians die at 40..
haven't you read on nairaland people who says..im tired of life and die the next day
Life and death on the tongue bro

so those who sow it will eat the fruit. ..
Some Christians are free to say whatever they want ..
its for God to approve it for them...
Did you read how idahosa died
As powerful as he was...he sowed a seed and God approved it.

Numbers 14:28
Say to them, As I live, saith the Lord: surely as ye spoke into my ears, so will I do to you
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 6:26pm On Dec 06, 2020
adonni:
Some have already worked on themselves before marraige, Some before and during, Others just started when married.

Marraige is like Gold ore, Both of you have to pass through the fire to be refined and Shine

Abeg stop repeating the nonsense your pastor said in church to promote marriage.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I sincerely hope nobody takes whatever you type here seriously. Have a great day

Oga, you no like facts!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Hamiltonii: 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
nabiz:
you are a big liar. In my next world I will still love to marry my present wife. This is my 7 years in marriage.
Relax, you are still at the rudimentary stage of marriage. She'll eventually cheat on you!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 6:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
Oluwaseun2020:

why dont you people want to learn from things that are working..
why not learn from oyedepo and adeboye weeding..why is it not crasing..??are they from the moon??
if you marry for beauty..not a godly girl...
you marry from club..party...you dont even know her well before marriage. ..just cuz money pushed you..

well my advice. ..get this book
making your marriage work by faith oyedepo. .learn what strong marriage. .how they are doing it

Do you know how many congregation females/males or olosho/ashawo that Oyedepo or Adeboye bangs behind their wives' backs?

You think milking the congregation for private jets will be their only scams?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Jaqenhghar: 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
banmee:

And that's the right term. Nigeria has transformed for a democratic system of government (if it ever was) to a transactional system of government. I wonder how the country still dey exist.
Everything for there na transaction. Even something as simple as asking for directions, you must give something in return. That the country exists is still a miracle... wo der of the modern world

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Liposure: 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2020
humilitypays:
especially men.

Ladies are only trying to be sexually adventurous to tame men and as a payback not that its in their true nature.

The desire to taste new lady is the major challenge married men encounter, which leads to cheating, not that they hate their main partner most times
this is why marriage is not for everybody. You can't be enjoying jollof rice and still be yearning for fried rice at the same time
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Gamesmart: 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2020
lekki1444:
GOING BY YOUR 12 POINTS OF SHAKY FOUNDATION NOT A SINGLE HUMAN IN THE WORLD IS ON SOLID FOUNDATION IN THEIR MARRIAGE

Very well said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by emkz: 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2020
Nomorelove:

If you had a relationship with God then you won't utter whatever you said. Love can never fade. Go and learn.

Ciao

NB: My moniker doesn't mean shit. I created the account fully aware of the name. If you find what I typed insulting then it's because you should look into that. Read your bible again and ask God for insights on the matter of Love. God is Love and you claim you have a personal relationship with him yet you came out to say Love can fade Just listen yourself and stop this unnecessary rant.

I never claimed to have any relationship with God. I only told you how I relate with God is none of your business. And please don't advise me on reading the Bible. Oppose my views with well-reasoned facts and leave out my relationship with God because there was no basis to bring that into the discussion and it is none of your business. If you can't respect that, walk off with your impotent religiousity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Ameena Hassana Sani And Hadiza Hussaina Sani: Twins With Same Fingerprint / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? / Mom's Racy Outfit To Host Son's 5th Birthday Party At School Sparks Criticism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.