Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Who Ought To Name A Child ? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Ought To Name A Child ? (19924 Views)

Like Dbanj, This Is What Every Guy Ought To Do / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / "Doctors Told Me I Will Have A Child 5 Years After My Accident But Now" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by anochuko01(m): 6:03pm On Dec 07, 2020
Very silly!

We've all got three names in my house.
Mom's tribe, dad's tribe and English name
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

E shock me oo..
In her word: " i have the right to decide the name to be giving to my son"
"to her son" shey d man no pour sperm for her toto ni? or na she manufacture sperm from "God knows where" undecided

To God, she ain't ready for marriage.

1 Like

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Yemisi87: 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2020
demmymoney:
Both of them have rights

It's something they should have discussed during courtship

Guys, never marry any lady that doesn't recognize you as her head and friend. Even the world of God which is in line with Africa culture on this issue said and I quote: As Christ is the head of Church so the husband the head of his wife.

1 Like

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by DMerciful(m): 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2020
Why cant she allow the man give the child the first name and she give the child the middle name? Why is she trying to undermine her husband? Is he not the same man she knelt down to give palm wine or whatever tradition she practices during introduction?
Nuyokoi:

this isn't about feminism; just a rational suggesting for them to resolve the matter.

the mother should have the right of way, then for their next child, the father.

personally, i would prefer my future husband and i to name our kids together.
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by anochuko01(m): 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2020
Mutaultope:
Am a Yoruba man and my wife is from Urhrobo tribe .

I give them the yoruba names , she gives them their Urhrobo names

GBAM
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Juliusmomoh: 6:06pm On Dec 07, 2020
ThreadOwner:
"to her son" shey d man no pour sperm for her toto ni? or na she manufacture sperm from "God knows where" undecided

To God, she ain't ready for marriage.
cheesy cheesy see as u made me laugh this evening
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by demmymoney(m): 6:07pm On Dec 07, 2020
Yemisi87:

Guys, never marry any lady that doesn't recognize you as her head and friend. Even the world of God which is in line with Africa culture on this issue said and I quote: As Christ is the head of Church so the husband the head of his wife.

Yes she should acknowledge u are the head of the family but if the man wants her to make the child it shouldn't be a problem as long as she submits to him
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Mutemenot(m): 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

My anty is just messing things up...
She want to be the all in all in everthing..

I had a similar issue in my home, when my uncle's wife gave their daughter name, the network was becoming popular within the 4 days of given birth to the child. What my uncle did was to go to get a birth certificate, he puts the name he wants his daughter to bear and handed it over to the wife. No fight, no gragra. The woman was in pains for days as my uncle's pays attention to his daily activities cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Juliusmomoh: 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2020
Nwogeh:
After trying so hard to convince my wife that I am supposed to name my kids, she grudgingly left it that way simply because her mum named all of them based on circumstances of their birth which I don't like....later on, to avoid issues or frowning, I asked her to name or call them anything she likes after all it is the name mothers call their kids that they are widely known for in most cases but I made it clear that it is only what I named them that they will register with or be called in school unless she wants to be paying the fees....immediately she heard about money, she happily gave up....fear men but dread women when money is involved money.

Chai...
U get sence die i swear cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by vicdom(m): 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2020
IFSHR:

Blood of Zacharia grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

He Shock me....hope it's not what am thinking grin grin
Lol....no think am bros grin cheesy
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Juliusmomoh: 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2020
Mutemenot:

I had a similar issue in my home, when my uncle's wife gave their daughter name, the network was becoming popular within the 4 days of given birth to the child. What my uncle did was to go to get a birth certificate, he puts the name he wants his daughter to bear and handed it over to the wife. No fight, no gragra. The woman was in pains for days as my uncle's pays attention to his daily activities cheesy
Ur uncle na confirm man oo cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2020
DMerciful:
Why cant she allow the man give the child the first name and she give the child the middle name? Why is she trying to undermine her husband? Is it not the same man she knelt down to give palm wine or whatever tradition she practices during introduction?
why should she allow the man to give the child the first name and she gives the middle name after all her suffering?

it's petty for a man to argue with his wife over the naming of their child. if they can't come to an agreement, he should simply birth his own baby but unfortunately men do not have wombs, soooo he might as well take a chill pill.

1 Like

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2020
vicdom:

Lol....no think am bros grin cheesy
victor - Freedom undecided vicdom
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by ehix89(m): 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2020
Freedom na yeye name, the boy no go forgive e mother if e grow up with that name. By the way Mr OP that your aunty na Tailor?
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 07, 2020
Nuyokoi:

why should she allow the man to give the child the first name and she give the child the middle name after all her suffering?

it's petty for a man to argue with his wife over the naming of their child.
if they can't come to an agreement, he should simply birth his own baby but unfortunately me do not have wombs
I pity d ignorant man wey go marry you.....shame on ur rotten brain

1 Like

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Mutemenot(m): 6:17pm On Dec 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Ur uncle na confirm man oo cheesy cheesy

U don't let women drag you into mould, too many ways to weaken them...
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2020
ehix89:
Freedom an yeye name, the boy no go forgive e mother if e grow up with that name. By the way Mr OP that your aunty na Tailor?
tailor ke? grin
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Juliusmomoh: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2020
Mutemenot:

U don't let women drag you into mould, too many ways to weaken them...
Naso..
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by rogalagu: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2020
Naming a child using the biblical reference should be exclusive reserve of the husband. Remember how John the Baptist was named in the bible BY HIS FATHER who was made dumb by the Almighty God throughout the duration of John's gestation period. This dumbness was broken the day John was named. The father wrote the name on a piece of paper and pronounced it saying, His name is JOHN. But irrespective of the biblical account, If love thrives in the family the wife will however suggest a name to the husband and the husband will accept and give that name to the child.

1 Like

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by DMerciful(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2020
You talk like a child. If women can birth their own child why do they take marriage as their most important achievement? Why do they need men to sleep with them? If you carry this mentality to marriage you gonna regret it. You think carrying pregnancy automatically makes you the head of the family? Feminism will destroy you if you're not careful!

I'm tru with you!
Nuyokoi:

why should she allow the man to give the child the first name and she give the child the middle name after all her suffering?

it's petty for a man to argue with his wife over the naming of their child. if they can't come to an agreement, he should simply birth his own baby but unfortunately me do not have wombs, soooo he might as well take a chill pill.

1 Like

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by vicdom(m): 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2020
ThreadOwner:
victor - Freedom undecided vicdom
undecided lipsrsealed embarassed sad angry
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by ehix89(m): 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2020
ThreadOwner:
tailor ke? grin
Abi na, watin you say make I talk, Freedom from watin?
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by OMOJOHN001: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2020
Stupid Question.

If a father that buried your child placenter is not in the position to name the child, then that wife must be crazy.
TUEEEEEEHHH

My father name all his children, then my mom also gave us the name she wished, but it was my father that named us,all the first name we are using. my mom do call us by the name she gave us and our dad do call us my the name he gave us.

Even in yoruba land, that's not a question to ask.
Even when a child is given birth to and the father is not around they do call the father to ask for the child name.

Arrogant and Maybe cheating is what will make a woman to be dragging naming of a child with her husband.

Maybe it was another man that even owns the child who knows, TUEEEH
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by ehix89(m): 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2020
vicdom:

undecided lipsrsealed embarassed sad angry
Vicdom even dey NL sef grin grin...wahala no too much
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by EmekaBlue(m): 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
Your aunty want to control her husband abi

Good d man is not giving her that chance.

Victor will be his name
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by HAROLDWILSON: 6:30pm On Dec 07, 2020
Stupid question
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
DMerciful:
You talk like a child. If women can birth their own child why do they take marriage as their most important achievement? Why do they need men to sleep with them? If you carry this mentality to marriage you gonna regret it. You think carrying pregnancy automatically makes you the head of the family? Feminism will destroy you if you're not careful!
which women takes marriage as an achievement?

naming a child isn't a big deal nor does it replace the man's place
but if that's what you're concluding you need to work on your self-worth as a man.

if the man were smart, he would work together to make the naming a joint effort;
millions of names out there for them to come to an agreement on.

if YOU are not careful, your ignorance will destroy you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Dollanaira: 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2020
Daddy
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by Nikeruka(m): 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2020
IFSHR:
Wahala grin grin

But since both of them no wan do like husband and wife...shebi na freedom and Victor...to settle the matter make them name the innocent child VICDOM, but make them ready better explanation wey dem go give the boy when he grow up
Freector will be better
Re: Who Ought To Name A Child ? by meeky247: 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2020
Ekpekus:
The name of the child should have been agreed by both parties before delivery.
To your question, both husband and wife decides what name a child is called. And the child will later decide what he/she wants to be called when they are of age.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Celebrate Birth Of Their Triplets After 15 Years Of Waiting / Steps In Getting Married / Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.