Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate (18545 Views)

Poll: Should Buhari, Shekerau and Ribadu attend the BON debate?

Yes: 42% (76 votes)
No: 57% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 25, 2011
see them too, lol umblella

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 25, 2011
pdp agenda for the past 12years, now another 4years about to go down the drain, should we let it happen?? which agenda do you find funny most?

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 25, 2011
Sagamite go and sleep I will ban you from politics. You want to kill us?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by ektbear: 1:47am On Mar 25, 2011
Doesn't appear as if you'll get an answer, Sagamite.

But that in itself answers several questions about Beaf.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by jason123: 1:51am On Mar 25, 2011
This Beaf of a character can kill someone ooo!!! I have NEVER laughed so hard in looooooooong time!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin Na wa ooo!!!! grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by jmaine: 3:12am On Mar 25, 2011
BEAF DON USE LAFF KILL ME FOR HIA . . . . grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by davidom: 7:30am On Mar 25, 2011
I had my vote for BB before but with this their childish decision GEJ being a God Choosen has my vote for sure, Goodluck Ebere Jonathan for President, there's nothing anybody can do about this fact, sorry
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 25, 2011
In every organized society, there is a body saddled with the responsibility of organizing presidential debate. For christ's sake when did NN24 start organizing presidential debates? If our humble president is allowed to participate in this debate, tomorrow African Magic might also organize it's own debate one day.
BON is made up of both state and private media organizations including AIT, Channels, the print media etc. If the other candidates are sincere with their manifesto, this is the time for them to come out with it.
How many Nigerians own a satellite TV to watch this NN24 debate?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by babalawo(m): 8:02am On Mar 25, 2011
I think any in-depth person will query why Goodluck refused to show up fo the NN24 interviews.i mean why did he accept the interview even to the extent of bending dates on his behalf then refused to show and has never deemed it fit to explain why?
when i hear chiken out for other contestants itsjust so annoying how the so called schooled-nigerian- youths can't pick up issues in any argument.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Sagamite(m): 8:36am On Mar 25, 2011
aisha2:

Sagamite go and sleep I will ban you from politics. You want to kill us?

ekt_bear:

Doesn't appear as if you'll get an answer, Sagamite.

But that in itself answers several questions about Beaf.

jason123:

This Beaf of a character can kill someone ooo!!! I have NEVER laughed so hard in looooooooong time!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin Na wa ooo!!!! grin

The guy no fit answer simfle quesion. E dey fear. grin

He was even lying he did not become GEJ's fanatical-shyt smeller from day one. grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by zeeleso(f): 8:42am On Mar 25, 2011
fynewaka:

In every organized society, there is a body saddled with the responsibility of organizing presidential debate. For christ's sake when did NN24 start organizing presidential debates? If our humble president is allowed to participate in this debate, tomorrow African Magic might also organize it's own debate one day.
BON is made up of both state and private media organizations including AIT, Channels, the print media etc.
Universities, Other independent bodies and MTV, yap you heard right, MTV have been known to organise presidential debates in this so-called organised societies. Besides which tradition? how many presidential debates has Nigeria had for it to become a tradition? Its just an excuse Jonathan cooked up after his demands were not met by NN24.
If he had refused the debate from the onset, then he would be exercising his right to turn down any debate he doesnt deem fit. Or if he had said  from the beginning that he would be attending only the traditional BON debate then his excuse can be believable.
But he went into negotiations with NN24, made demandsExpo that were not met. It was until after all negotiations had been completed and the date had even been rescheduled to accommodate him and when he realised the rules would not be bent and thus didnt favour him, he cooked up the BON-traditional-debate-holder excuse to back out.

fynewaka:

BON is made up of both state and private media organizations including AIT, Channels, the print media etc. If the other candidates are sincere with their manifesto, this is the time for them to come out with it.
There is going to be another debate today where they can tell you AGAIN about their manifesto. The reason they gave for backing out isvalid. They worry that if Jonathan pulled out of the NN24 debate cause his demands were not met, he must have some how had his demandsexpo met by BON to have accepted their debate. And they worry they would not be on the same footing with Mr president and don't want to risk an unfair debate.

fynewaka:

How many Nigerians own a satellite TV to watch this NN24 debate?
The first time I heard about the NN24 debate, the channel said local stations would also be airing it live. Until indications that Mr President would not be there surfaced that they stopped talking about local stations airing it.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Ussals(m): 9:47am On Mar 25, 2011
I like that, let him do his own debate alone
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by contribute: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2011
We need to be plain about the issue of debate. Simple agreement that GEJ would be there should have been adhered to. We should appreciate the fact that oppositions are coming out before the d day to tell everybody that they wont come. This is better. Why did GEJ agree to be there in the first place. Whatever pdp reasons against the debate, they knew before they agreed and even shifted the date twice. Yet no apologies, no explanations for this careless action. This is not good for democracy. Are we practicing autocracy? Humility begets Honour.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by naso2(m): 10:34am On Mar 25, 2011
contribute:

We need to be plain about the issue of debate. Simple agreement that GEJ would be there should have been adhered to. We should appreciate the fact that oppositions are coming out before the d day to tell everybody that they wont come. This is better. Why did GEJ agree to be there in the first place. Whatever pdp reasons against the debate, they knew before they agreed and even shifted the date twice. Yet no apologies, no explanations for this careless action. This is not good for democracy. Are we practicing autocracy? Humility begets Honour.

If you dont have facts why not keep quiet. Sambo did not show up for the VP debates and that was 1 week before the real presidential debate. The acting PDP chairman stated at least 4 days before the  debates that  they will  not be part of the debate because of lack of structure and not necessarily what most people are saying about making questions available in advance. It s not as if people thought GEJ was on his way and he refused to show up.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by honeric01(m): 10:53am On Mar 25, 2011
na_so:

If you dont have facts why not keep quiet. Sambo did not show up for the VP debates and that was 1 week before the real presidential debate. The acting PDP chairman stated at least 4 days before the  debates that  they will  not be part of the debate because of lack of structure and not necessarily what most people are saying about making questions available in advance. It s not as if people thought GEJ was on his way and he refused to show up.

Why then did they accept to be part of the debate in the 1st place?

Why then did they even shift the date to suit themselves, but ended up not showing up?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by gohome: 10:58am On Mar 25, 2011
na_so:

If you dont have facts why not keep quiet. Sambo did not show up for the  VP debates and that was 1 week before the real presidential debate. The acting PDP chairman stated at least 4 days before the  debates that  they will  not be part of the debate because of lack of structure and not necessarily what most people are saying about making questions available in advance. It s not as if people thought GEJ was on his way and he refused to show up.

I suppose the Dbanj thingy was more structured. Mumu,  its because of people like you we are in this mess. Mr 'I have Facts' are you saying what the poster posted wasn't true? That he shifted the dates twice and still did not show up. Is it PDP that agreed to debate or Jonathan and his spokes man? How are we sure he will show up for the BON debate,  after all how many PDP presidential candidates have debated in the so called well structured highly viewed BON debate in the past.

I hate insulting people,  sorry i called you a Fool,  i just couldn't help it
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Busols757: 11:01am On Mar 25, 2011
wat a T.wats
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by naso2(m): 11:23am On Mar 25, 2011
gohome:

I suppose the Dbanj thingy was more structured. Mumu, its because of people like you we are in this mess. Mr 'I have Facts' are you saying what the poster posted wasn't true? That he shifted the dates twice and still did not show up. Is it PDP that agreed to debate or Jonathan and his spokes man? How are we sure he will show up for the BON debate, after all how many PDP presidential candidates have debated in the so called well structured highly viewed BON debate in the past.

I hate insulting people, sorry i called you a Fool, i just couldn't help it

See, i dont belong in that class of Nlers that enjoy abusing people from the comfort of anonymity. I was responding to a post where someone was literally saying GEJ kept people waiting and did not show up.

I also cited the Vp debates that Sambo did not show up , now i cited the complaint of the PDP chairman(I am not holding brief for him, i am only reporting what he said). Now if a "smart" you that did not see sambo in the VP debates a week before ,expected to see GEJ, then i cant help you.

For the records stay off abusive words it does not make you more believable.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by emekagh(m): 12:17pm On Mar 25, 2011
honeric01:

Why then did they accept to be part of the debate in the 1st place?

Why then did they even shift the date to suit themselves, but ended up not showing up?

Politics is a game of number, and strategy. Infuriating your opponent is a very smart strategy. With very good returns

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-630750.0.html
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by aikay77: 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2011
Just jined this forum yesterday. And didn't take me 2 minutes to figure out who the biggest idiot on the forum is.

His name is,

, drum roll,

BEAF!

Olodo. As you like GEJ reach, why you no go vote only you on April 9th.

And ll of you PDP and GEJ sup[porters, you're all intelectually low.

I pity this country and kind of youths who live in it.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by sley4life(m): 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2011
BB is afraid.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by aikay77: 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2011
sley4life, shut up! When GEJ didn't come for the NN24 debate, was he afraid or not?

Olodo like you.

Idiot PDP and GEJ sodomizers.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by honeric01(m): 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
emeka_gh:

Politics is a game of number, and strategy. Infuriating your opponent is a very smart strategy. With very good returns

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-630750.0.html

You called this a game? i see why Nigeria is like this.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by eros(m): 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
What PDP means:

People Deceiving People,
People Destroying People,
People Denouncing People,
People Distracting People,
People Disgusting People,
People Disturbing People,
People Discrediting People,
People Disdaining People,
People Discouraging People,
People Dislodging People,
People Disrespecting People,
People Disloyal People,
People Disappointing People

The list is endless . . . . . . Add your definition of PDP
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Plutarch: 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
Papa Decieving Pikin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by gaskydudu: 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2011
In my own opinion ,  i am utterly disappointed at Buhari, Shekerau and Ribadu; Buhari especially. Two wrongs don't make a right, These guys are potential presidents for God's sake!!!!! The debate wasn't for them, it was for Nigeria. What i would have expected was for them  to express their grievances against Johnny, and turn up. C'mon, that was childish.

Buhari, who has been a president before (though as a military personnel) should have known better. And to think that i was even considering him! If he didn't join the band wagon, i clearly would have chosen him!  

My point however is the our leaders should be matured, that move could promote violence. If the heads do that , why would you blame the masses for the unrest that goes on?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by omo9ja1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
I think is was a good move to show the presidency that they have agreement but someone did not fulfill their part, so now is one over one

ride on BB
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 25, 2011
Agreed that jonathan disappointed nigerians by not participating at the presidential debate organised by NN24. Buhari, shekarau, ribadu and others should let go their ego and attend the 1 by BON too cos its another avenue show nigerians what they intend doing to change this country for good. And frankly how many nigerians know or have access to NN24? Lets stop unnecessary arguements and help chart a way forward for this country!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by gohome: 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2011
Timehin:

Agreed that jonathan disappointed nigerians by not participating at the presidential debate organised by NN24. Buhari, shekarau, ribadu and others should let go their ego and attend the 1 by BON too cos its another avenue show nigerians what they intend doing to change this country for good. And frankly how many nigerians know or have access to NN24? Lets stop unnecessary arguements and help chart a way forward for this country! 

they dont need too. there is a debate today that will be aired to all Nigerians NTA inclusive,  if you especially as a youth which make 70% of the voters want to listen to them, then watch the debate today. Knowing NN24 is not the problem, how may Nigerians know BON? that debate was supposed to be shown by NTA until the last minute. NTA gave a lame excuse saying GEJ wasn't present so they saw no need to air it. (or maybe there were ordered not to show it) Read the post above so you understand why they are boycotting the BON debate. to me that was a smart move. this move will help us in the future. He should debate with himself. Leader are not rulers. there lead by example. if you want to boycott,  what stops you from issuing a press statement like the one above with reasons (not the lame reason of viewer-ship)why you wont attend.

Our leaders are answerable to us because we put them there. WHAT ABOUT US?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2011
gohome:

they dont need too. there is a debate today that will be aired to all Nigerians NTA inclusive,  if you especially as a youth which make 70% of the voters want to listen to them, then watch the debate today. Knowing NN24 is not the problem, how may Nigerians know BON? that debate was supposed to be shown by NTA until the last minute. NTA gave a lame excuse saying GEJ wasn't present so they saw no need to air it. (or maybe there were ordered not to show it) Read the post above so you understand why they are boycotting the BON debate. to me that was a smart move. this move will help us in the future. He should debate with himself. Leader are not rulers. there lead by example. if you want to boycott,  what stops you from issuing a press statement like the one above with reasons (not the lame reason of viewer-ship)why you wont attend.

Our leaders are answerable to us because we put them there. WHAT ABOUT US?
yhu have said it all. Thanks
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by yommys01(m): 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2011
This shows that the trio of Shekarau, Ribadu and Buhari does'nt have the interest of Nigerians at heart and don't even believe in the so called change they profess. This debate offers the best platform for them to sell these candidature to the masses but behold they decided to boycott it for some frivolous and egoistic reasons. FYI, BON is the umbrella association of all electronic and print media, newspaper proprietors,Nigeria Guild of Editors, NUJ, NBA, NANS, etc,  Still wondering whether they are going there to sell their candidature to Gej or to the wider Nigeria audience. All I can say for now is congratulations to Gej, You're truly a lucky chap. If they could come together so quickly to boycott a debate but can't even come together to wrestle power from the ruling party. Bunch of hypocrites acting as if  they are sincere and believe in what they preach.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by fxskye: 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2011
yommys01:

This shows that the trio of Shekarau, Ribadu and Buhari does'nt have the interest of Nigerians at heart and don't even believe in the so called change they profess. This debate offers the best platform for them to sell these candidature to the masses but behold they decided to boycott it for some frivolous and egoistic reasons. FYI, BON is the umbrella association of all electronic and print media, newspaper proprietors,Nigeria Guild of Editors, NUJ, NBA, NANS, etc, Still wondering whether they are going there to sell their candidature to Gej or to the wider Nigeria audience. All I can say for now is congratulations to Gej, You're truly a lucky chap. If they could come together so quickly to boycott a debate but can't even come together to wrestle power from the ruling party. Bunch of hypocrites acting as if they are sincere and believe in what they preach.

GEJ boycot NN24 debate without any reason through "Absenteeism". The trio give notice & reason to boycot BON debate. But Mr. President could have time to do "a make-belive" interview with D'Banj (an entertainer), Can u imagine that?
He couldn't call on Frank Edoho of WWTBAM for the interview but only to be interviewed by an entertainer. Does he want to turn d whole 9ja to Musical Country?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo / Ministry Of Interior, Federal Fire Service Partner Innoson / Nigerian Navy Deploys 16 Warships To Guard Oil Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.