Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? (49640 Views)

How Sweet Is Sex To You? / Sex Necessary In A Relationship? / Is Sex On The First Date Acceptable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2020
I am not a virgin because the guy I dated before made it seem like sex was the only thing that could keep him.
Unfortunately, that is another story of its own.

Recently, a friend of mine came and asked me if sex was necessary to keep a relationship. She told me the guy has given her everything she needed in a man but he couldn't stop asking for sex. She said that she wasn't ready to compromise her faith that premarital sex was a sin but she didn't want to lose this guy as he felt that her refusal to have sex with him meant she didn't love him.

The question I'm throwing now is
1. Can a man stay without sex in a relationship and wait till she is ready. (As in this case, she wants to wait till she is married)
2. Why is sex so important to men in a relationship? Do they see it as reciprocating of love especially when they spend heavily on the lady?
3. Also, most men wants a decent lady. Here is a lady who wants to keep herself for her husband but the boyfriend sees it as she manipulating him. Since you guys want a lady that isn't a borehole, why do you demand for sex when you are not sure if it will work out?

Your intelligent opinions will be appreciated.

128 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by illicit(m): 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2020
It creates bond....

245 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by sureayworld(m): 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2020
Depends on the partner

4 Likes

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Deffjam: 2:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
Why not ?did i tell u i'm coming for gulder ultimate challenge.

264 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2020
Capital NO!

Only wordly men and sinners practice premarital sex. Take it or leave it!

Spirituality asides. Sex does not keep a man or determine a successful relationship or marriage.

Morally speaking, it is not good. Keep your chastity. It pays.

385 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Romanoff(f): 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
Depends, if you're a Christian, sex is not necessary for a relationship but you have to ensure you're in a relationship with a Christian as well.

Amos 3vs3.

Premarital sex is the reason some have body counts that are beyond the fingers in their hands and feet.

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by WonderManly(m): 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2020
Hmmmm, I think I should consult the Oracle on this...

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nazgul: 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
To me sex isn't necessary.

From my past relationships, if I'm to advice any girl I'll tell them to avoid sex and stand on it. Sex makes you suspicious of your partner. It makes you have unnecessary problems, unnecessary commitments, unnecessary responsibilities.... etc. How many guys would you keep offering your body to just to make them stay?

What makes most guys wants sex is when the financial demand from the girl becomes too much. Most girls will tell you that they're not ready for sex, but will still want you to show dedicated financial commitments towards them. No guy will ever agree to that.

Many girls naturally lack wisdom. Let me share a my own experience here. I met this girl some years ago, she told me her usual no sex till marriage. I asked her if she's a virgin she said no that she dated just one guy who broke her heart and now she has decided to zip up till her wedding night.

To me, I didn't have any problem with that. My problem was that this girl literally flirts on the phone with guys even in my presence. When I confront her she'll tell me they're just toasters that she doesn't have anything with them. She receives calls like a call center agent. Always on Facebook and WhatsApp till even midnight. And to make matters worse she's the urgent 2k type. So tell me would any guy in my shoes honour her request to date without sex....of course not. I had to end the whole stuff cos she wasn't contributing to my life in anyway. Most times I initiate a discussion with her on chat, she can't even sustain it without indirectly telling me one problem or the other she has.

My take...if you don't want sex in a relationship and you don't want to have any problem with your man concerning your stand, then avoid unnecessary request so it won't make him feel that you're owing him. Avoid flirting with other guys on phone and in reality. Concentrate on your relationship by looking for ways to make an impact in his life. It could be through business ideas, could be counseling, could be partnership in business, education...etc. also develop yourself. Let him see that your life is progressing. That you're successful in whatever it is that you're into.

Make him see you as someone he can't do without and he'll stick to you regardless of your no sex stand.

887 Likes 79 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by fati2001(m): 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2020
NO

PREMARITAL SEX IS A SIN AND UNHOLY ACT....

DON'T SIN AGAINST YOUR BODY (THE TEMPLE OF GOD)

THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Uzomacharles: 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2020
CalliDora1:
Capital NO!

Spirituality asides. Sex does not keep a man or determine a successful relationship or marriage.

Please eeh

Can you date a guy with no dick?

This is for those saying sex is not important in a relationship..

If you ain't ready for sex while indulging in a relationship....

Just tell the dude that you ain't ready for any sort of friendship or relationship....

211 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by donbachi(m): 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2020
illicit:
It creates bond....
no be only bond...na james bond.

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2020
Uzomacharles:

Please eeh

If you ain't ready for sex while indulging in a relationship

If she doesn't indulge in a relationship, how will she get married?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2020
CalliDora1:
Capital NO!

So she should break up with him?

4 Likes

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Uzomacharles: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2020
Misslilbootay:

If she doesn't indulge in a relationship, how will she get married?
And where did God mention girlfriend and boyfriend relationship..

Is only in sex we remember Bible and God...

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2020
Uzomacharles:

And where did God mention girlfriend and boyfriend relationship..

Is only in sex we remember Bible and God...

God didn't mention relationship but he did say fornication is a sin he will judge by himself.

Can you see a lady and just marry her without first doing courtship?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2020
Misslilbootay:

So she should break up with him?

She should not initiate the break up but she should not give in. Let her just be watching him fool himself. When he's done, if he's for real he'll stay otherwise let him take a walk by himself.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2020
Any relationship devoid of sex is just an improvised family reunion IMO.

Like what will we be doing when hormones run high?

Singing hymns and playing ludo?

Waste of time abeg.

139 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Uzomacharles: 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2020
Misslilbootay:

God didn't mention relationship but he did say fornication is a sin he will judge by himself.

Can you see a lady and just marry her without first doing courtship?

2 Likes

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2020
Uzomacharles:

Please eeh

If you ain't ready for sex while indulging in a relationship

Have you ever seen a man without a manhood? The men should stop using that as a bait to lay innocent girls.

Why won't they indulge in a relationship? Must all relationships involve sex? Change your mentality. Biko!

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by cristy149: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2020
girls will deny it anytime questions like this is asked, but they will never go into a relationship with a guy with tiny dick or an impotent guy

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by nurain150(m): 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2020
Misslilbootay:
I am not a virgin because the guy I dated before made it seem like sex was the only thing that could keep him.
Unfortunately, that is another story of its own.

Recently, a friend of mine came and asked me if sex was necessary to keep a relationship. She told me the guy has given her everything she needed in a man but he couldn't stop asking for sex. She said that she wasn't ready to compromise her faith that premarital sex was a sin but she didn't want to lose this guy as he felt that her refusal to have sex with him meant she didn't love him.

The question I'm throwing now is
1. Can a man stay without sex in a relationship and wait till she is ready. (As in this case, she wants to wait till she is married)
2. Why is sex so important to men in a relationship? Do they see it as reciprocating of love especially when they spend heavily on the lady?
3. Also, most men wants a decent lady. Here is a lady who wants to keep herself for her husband but the boyfriend sees it as she manipulating him. Since you guys want a lady that isn't a borehole, why do you demand for sex when you are not sure if it will work out?

Your intelligent opinions will be appreciated.
Goan get married.
an adulterer cannot marry an adulteress

8 Likes

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2020
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Uzomacharles: 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2020
CalliDora1:

Have you ever seen a man without a manhood? Stop using that as a bait to lay innocent girls.

Why won't they indulge in a relationship? Must all relationships involve sex? Change your mentality. Biko!

@Bolded
Don't even try using that word or sentence on me please and please...

Abeg
Very serious about it..

Say any other thing you want to say but don't try that statement again...

You want to involve in a relationship only to benefit right?

Why don't you ask the guy when he will be willing to settle down as a man...

This is all you get dating young boys....

That your bolded word should be used properly..

U will ask me if I have used any word to lay any of your sis or whoever...

No try am again

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2020
illicit:
It creates bond....
Like James BOND grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2020
Uzomacharles:

@Bolded
Don't even try using that word or sentence on me please and please...

Abeg
Very serious about it..

Say any other thing you want to say but don't try that statement again...

You want to involve in a relationship only to benefit right?

Why don't you ask the guy when he will be willing to settle down as a man...

This is all you get dating young boys....

That your bolded word should be used properly..

U will ask me if I have used any word to lay any of your sis or whoever...

No try am again

Shhhhhhh....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by laiperi: 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
She is saving it for someone else.

It just happened by accident nah. Na you she love, sex means nothing, just a physical tin e be.

Na you she loves.

Watch out for daylight robber. If she was into you spiritually and physically, she won't give it free to pastor or imam.

8 Likes

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Liverpoolman(m): 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
Whatta guan man!

First of all, lemme congratulate and welcome you into the school of celibacy, please don't drop out until you meet the Mr. Right that will walk you to the aisle and permanently defiled your admission on your wedding night... God no go shame us.

P.S: please the Gabriel's and Lizzy's, don't quote me, I nor be una friend.

9 Likes

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Uzomacharles: 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
CalliDora1:

Shhhhhhh....
No worry
Make I catch u First for road as you dey come back

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2020
Well here's the break down....

When a man and woman come together, there would be sexual intimacy. Whether or not this intimacy is the basis of the relationship depends solely on partners' desires.

If a guy sees sex as the sole reason for a relationship, you can only agree or disagree. Judging him for his choice or using him as a yardstick to judge others is foolishness. More so, conforming to what you aren't comfortable with is utmost foolishness.

Simply put: it depends on who you are dealing with and what you want.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by asdfjklhaha(f): 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2020
Nazgul:
To me sex isn't necessary.

From my past relationships, if I'm to advice any girl I'll tell them to avoid sex and stand on it. Sex makes you suspicious of your partner. It makes you have unnecessary problems, unnecessary commitments, unnecessary responsibilities.... etc. How many guys would you keep offering your body to just to make them stay?

What makes most guys wants sex is when the financial demand from the girl becomes too much. Most girls will tell you that they're not ready for sex, but will still want you to show dedicated financial commitments towards them. No guy will ever agree to that.

Many girls naturally lack wisdom. Let me share a my own experience here. I met this girl some years ago, she told me her usual not sex till marriage. I asked her if she's a virgin she said no that she dated just one guy who broke her heart and now she has decided to zip up till her wedding night.

To me, I didn't have any problem with that. My problem was that this girl literally flirts on the phone with guys even in my presence. When I confront her she'll tell me they're just toasters that she doesn't have anything with them. She receives calls like a call center agent. Always on Facebook and WhatsApp till even midnight. And to make matters worse she's the urgent 2k type. So tell me would any guy in my shoes honour her request to date without sex....of course not. I had to end the whole stuff cos she wasn't contributing to my life in anyway. Most times I initiate a discussion with her on chat, she can't even sustain it without indirectly telling me one problem or the other she has.

My take...if you don't want sex in a relationship and you don't want to have any problem with your man concerning your stand, then avoid unnecessary request so it won't make him feel that you're owing him. Avoid flirting with other guys on phone and in reality. Concentrate on your relationship by looking for ways to make an impact in his life. It could be through business ideas, could be counseling, could be partnership in business, education...etc. also develop yourself. Let him see that your life is progressing. That you're successful in whatever it is that you're into.

Make him see you as someone he can't do without and he'll stick to you regardless of your no sex stand.
Hmm. You're right

Mods help us with a wider view
Cc mynd44, Dominique lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by chris20000: 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
See all of them claiming what they can't give, non of you girls are virgin.
I can bet with everything i have that in your current relationship now that you are having sex.
Hypocrites.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2020
Palema007:
Well here's the break down....

When a man and woman come together, there would be sexual intimacy. Whether or not this intimacy is the basis of the relationship depends solely on partners' desires.

If a guy sees sex as the sole reason for a relationship, you can only agree or disagree. Judging him for his choice or using him as a yardstick to judge others is foolishness. More so, conforming to what you aren't comfortable with is utmost foolishness.

Simply put: it depends on who you are dealing with and what you want.

Thanks so much

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love' / How I Got Scammed Of 10k By Lavita Ricca Investment / Didn't Know She Was A Lecturer, I Wooed Her(am I In Trouble?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.