Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? (49703 Views)

As A Guy Have You Experienced This In A Relationship? / How Sweet Is Sex To You? / Sex Necessary In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by joyandfaith: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
erico2k2:

Pls tell me what did the Bible say about sex b4 marriage lets go there ,

1 cor 6:9-11,18.
1 cor 7:1-5
Check those verses in copy of your Bible

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
erico2k2:

nah today we dey hear that kind talk!
make bar drop wether attitude nor change!
Still your opinion!
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by bukatyne(f): 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2020
JoyJones2000:
NO its not! In my church when a brother finds the will of God in a sister, all he has to do is seek her consent if she agrees then they both go to the church marriage committee. then if the marriage committee gives in, then comes the courtship which should be guided by the holy spirit so as not to fall into temptation cuz yes temptation must surely come but no one should fall for it.

And my bible tells me that woman who keeps herself and her bed undifiled till marriage shall be loved and honored by her husband and God himself but the one who doesn't shall be judged

Your Bible must be customized.

I did not know chastity/ sexual purity was only expected from women.
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Mypeople2(m): 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2020
Misslilbootay:
I am not a virgin because the guy I dated before made it seem like sex was the only thing that could keep him.
Unfortunately, that is another story of its own.

Recently, a friend of mine came and asked me if sex was necessary to keep a relationship. She told me the guy has given her everything she needed in a man but he couldn't stop asking for sex. She said that she wasn't ready to compromise her faith that premarital sex was a sin but she didn't want to lose this guy as he felt that her refusal to have sex with him meant she didn't love him.

The question I'm throwing now is
1. Can a man stay without sex in a relationship and wait till she is ready. (As in this case, she wants to wait till she is married)
2. Why is sex so important to men in a relationship? Do they see it as reciprocating of love especially when they spend heavily on the lady?
3. Also, most men wants a decent lady. Here is a lady who wants to keep herself for her husband but the boyfriend sees it as she manipulating him. Since you guys want a lady that isn't a borehole, why do you demand for sex when you are not sure if it will work out?

Your intelligent opinions will be appreciated.
No sex before marriage is okay .But the question is , if that guy ask her hand in marriage will she accept to get married in few months from now ? Will she not say she is not ready for marriage now ? See, the reason why most guys involve in serious relationship ask for sex is they are not sure of the women staying with them for long or the women are demanding too much .Come to think of it, I have seen some women asking men for sex too
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
bukatyne:

Are you okay at all? ahh pls go away from my mention I don't have time to argue with anyone about anything from the bible
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by 2kurupt(m): 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
Xantel:
I have never met any man who agreed to stay without sex. Whether sex or no sex, just let him trust you

There are guys that actually do that. Least I forget there are also ladies that demand for it in a relationship too so it goes both ways.

People need to understand that sex or no sex is not a guarantee that both parties will remain compatible or that it must lead to marriage.
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by TruthSeeker1: 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
Misslilbootay:
I am not a virgin because the guy I dated before made it seem like sex was the only thing that could keep him.
Unfortunately, that is another story of its own.

Recently, a friend of mine came and asked me if sex was necessary to keep a relationship. She told me the guy has given her everything she needed in a man but he couldn't stop asking for sex. She said that she wasn't ready to compromise her faith that premarital sex was a sin but she didn't want to lose this guy as he felt that her refusal to have sex with him meant she didn't love him.

The question I'm throwing now is
1. Can a man stay without sex in a relationship and wait till she is ready. (As in this case, she wants to wait till she is married)
2. Why is sex so important to men in a relationship? Do they see it as reciprocating of love especially when they spend heavily on the lady?
3. Also, most men wants a decent lady. Here is a lady who wants to keep herself for her husband but the boyfriend sees it as she manipulating him. Since you guys want a lady that isn't a borehole, why do you demand for sex when you are not sure if it will work out?

Your intelligent opinions will be appreciated.

Sex is not necessary in a relationship. However, you have to understand that MOST men will find it quite hard to do without sex in a relationship. A man naturally and normally has a strong sexual urge that is difficult to control. In fact, it is in seeking to satisfy this sexual urge that most men go into relationships in the first place. It takes a strong determination and self-discipline/self-control for a guy to not engage in premarital sex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by erico2k2(m): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2020
joyandfaith:

I will and come bck
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by openmine(m): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2020
@OP..I cannot determine if its imperative or not!
What i can say is that sex doesn't 'really' determine the longevity of a relationship....However,a relationship without sex doesn't also imply that the union will work out well in the foreseeable future!

Some folks want to use the 'no sex before marriage' policy to tie a partner down or determine their faithfulness forgetting that both partners can get married, have the long awaited sex and still divorce leading such person who made such policy to go back to square one!

It changes nothing if you have sex or not(that should be a decision between both partners)....but what should be paramount or of great importance should be about the level of the partners' emotional maturity and compatibility!

In simple terms,date someone with the same mindset like yours.....Don't date a bad guy and expect him to agree wholeheartedly with your 'no sex before marriage' policy cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 12, 2020
bukatyne:

And besides I never said chastity!sexual purity is only expected from the ladies okay? In short go and read ur bible

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by ImDStar: 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin this your comment nobi here o

BadRadio:
No. The only necessary thing is domestic violence.

[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by erico2k2(m): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2020
joyandfaith:

1cor 6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

New American Standard Bible
Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

New King James Version
Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
I cor
King James Bible
Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by chrisj2(m): 7:23pm On Dec 12, 2020
Karleb:
Yes now!

It's our religion that has turned it into a crime.

In those days when people were required to be chaste before marriage, people married early.

I mean as early as 18.

You can't expect a 26 year old for example to not have a natural urge to have sex unless we want to be deceiving ourselves.

18 is even late... 14 and 15+, more like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by damilare442: 7:23pm On Dec 12, 2020
Nazgul:
To me sex isn't necessary.

From my past relationships, if I'm to advice any girl I'll tell them to avoid sex and stand on it. Sex makes you suspicious of your partner. It makes you have unnecessary problems, unnecessary commitments, unnecessary responsibilities.... etc. How many guys would you keep offering your body to just to make them stay?

What makes most guys wants sex is when the financial demand from the girl becomes too much. Most girls will tell you that they're not ready for sex, but will still want you to show dedicated financial commitments towards them. No guy will ever agree to that.

Many girls naturally lack wisdom. Let me share a my own experience here. I met this girl some years ago, she told me her usual no sex till marriage. I asked her if she's a virgin she said no that she dated just one guy who broke her heart and now she has decided to zip up till her wedding night.

To me, I didn't have any problem with that. My problem was that this girl literally flirts on the phone with guys even in my presence. When I confront her she'll tell me they're just toasters that she doesn't have anything with them. She receives calls like a call center agent. Always on Facebook and WhatsApp till even midnight. And to make matters worse she's the urgent 2k type. So tell me would any guy in my shoes honour her request to date without sex....of course not. I had to end the whole stuff cos she wasn't contributing to my life in anyway. Most times I initiate a discussion with her on chat, she can't even sustain it without indirectly telling me one problem or the other she has.

My take...if you don't want sex in a relationship and you don't want to have any problem with your man concerning your stand, then avoid unnecessary request so it won't make him feel that you're owing him. Avoid flirting with other guys on phone and in reality. Concentrate on your relationship by looking for ways to make an impact in his life. It could be through business ideas, could be counseling, could be partnership in business, education...etc. also develop yourself. Let him see that your life is progressing. That you're successful in whatever it is that you're into.

Make him see you as someone he can't do without and he'll stick to you regardless of your no sex stand.

One of the best and most reasonable responses I've read on this platform in text times.

6 Likes

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by yeman1(m): 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2020
What if the guy is impotent and wanna just carmourflag that he needs sex and after wedding you dictected your man cannot do... So what will do ? grin grin
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by erico2k2(m): 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2020
joyandfaith:

so I quoted them above, how does that relate to not having sex b4 marriage?
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nnatuu: 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2020
No it’s not.

The same way him giving you money or taking care of your needs is not necessary too!

Anu mpama!
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by angelfallz(m): 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
bukatyne:

Lol in the Bible sexual purity for men is not mentioned. In most cultures sexual purity is expected from women not men.

I stand to be corrected.
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by enonche85(m): 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
Nazgul:
To me sex isn't necessary.

My take...if you don't want sex in a relationship and you don't want to have any problem with your man concerning your stand, then avoid unnecessary request so it won't make him feel that you're owing him. Avoid flirting with other guys on phone and in reality. Concentrate on your relationship by looking for ways to make an impact in his life. It could be through business ideas, could be counseling, could be partnership in business, education...etc. also develop yourself. Let him see that your life is progressing. That you're successful in whatever it is that you're into.

Make him see you as someone he can't do without and he'll stick to you regardless of your no sex stand.

You made sense bro... I'm glad someone shares same opinion with me.

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by erico2k2(m): 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
Karleb:
Yes now!

It's our religion that has turned it into a crime.

In those days when people were required to be chaste before marriage, people married early.

I mean as early as 18.

You can't expect a 26 year old for example to not have a natural urge to have sex unless we want to be deceiving ourselves.
That is it, there was not talk about no sex b4 marriage then cos U wont know much about that anyways back then, but with this,com age, ahaha shocked shocked
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by shaksman96(m): 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
my view, not neccesary but what have she got to offer, one onbe told me she is a virgin and I tried to cut her off because she is childish. me don't have time for gf/bf stuff because of puna, she is catching feelings while me want to catch cruise. she is a childhood sch friend so i don't want to compromise her, she should decide by herself. a girl @22 asking me if i can't do without it. we move

2 Likes

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by muller101(m): 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2020
fati2001:
NO

PREMARITAL SEX IS A SIN AND UNHOLY ACT....

DON'T SIN AGAINST YOUR BODY (THE TEMPLE OF GOD)

THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY.
Even this one that is currently on top of an ox at the moment

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by joyandfaith: 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2020
erico2k2:

so I quoted them above, how does that relate to not having sex b4 marriage?
If you don't understand, meet your pastor. Those bible verses are self-explanatory.Read and understand.
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by des4ella(m): 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
CalliDora1:
Capital NO!

Only wordly men and sinners practice premarital sex. Take it or leave it!

Spirituality asides. Sex does not keep a man or determine a successful relationship or marriage.

Morally speaking, it is not good. Keep your chastity. It pays.
what's the difference btw worldly men and sinners?..Cos I know prayer warrior wey dey Bleep in the holy ghost; is he worldly or a sinner?.
On your second point; Depending on the partner Sex do keep and make successful relationship in marriage..
Lastly whether chastity pays or not, wetin go be go be just don't hoe around. Have a blessed day Beautiful damsel.
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by dayo20002002: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
Pre- marital sex is a sin in which ever way we see it. The body is meant to be kept till wedding's night.

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by des4ella(m): 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
Problem with a lot of Christian bro & sis is that they lie to themselves and pretend a lot. If tomorrow you marry the bros and prick no stand then you go know say chastity get k-leg. Nobody is asking anybody to hoe around but, once u identify your soulmate kindly grant them small access to the kingdom. Person wey want buy motor must test drive cos if u no test drive anything u see u go manage am like that..
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by joyandfaith: 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
sureayworld:
Depends on the partner
It depends on what God says
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by THEPACIFIST: 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
why most guys demand for is simply because the girl who insisted on no sex till marriage and enjoys financial favors from them is probably servicing another man with sex and money gotten the guy who is playing the good guy.
most guys just don't want to fall victim of playing nice only to be regarded as foolish or incompetent

4 Likes

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Ephraimchuks(m): 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
The problem with us in Nigeria is that we tend to be more spiritual than God himself. There is high rate of divorce today because we claim to be who we are not during courtship. Have you asked yourself what will be of her if she eventually marries a man without sex only to find out that the man is a 30sec man, has little manhood, weak erection or cannot even react at all. That's a perpetual bondage and it would be worse looking out for sex outside marriage then. Aside, the overall effect on the later life of the relationship, sex has an incredible health benefits. Sometimes we just have to take permission from whoever we believe in and do the opposite for the sake of our future happiness

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by joyandfaith: 7:34pm On Dec 12, 2020
des4ella:
Problem with a lot of Christian bro & sis is that they lie to themselves and pretend a lot. If tomorrow you marry the bros and prick no stand then you go know say chastity get k-leg. Nobody is asking anybody to hoe around but, once u identify your soulmate kindly grant them small access to the kingdom. Person wey want buy motor must test drive cos if u no test drive anything u see u go manage am like that..

What God says matter, not what we think.

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by erico2k2(m): 7:35pm On Dec 12, 2020
joyandfaith:

If you don't understand, meet your pastor. Those bible verses are self-explanatory.Read and understand.
you think I do not understand? let me say something here, Im one of the few people who managed to read the whole bible and the whole Quran. Religion is a belief and guides us end off,If you go back to read it properly the bible cannot give you any satisfactory rule as to marriage cos there is nowhere where it supports you marrying just one woman and not having ladies at the side ie king Solomon and co!
We in Africa need to get off this bondage, This is how people always scream God of Isreal until they get to Isreal and realise they ain't Christians!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Prince Obukeni Monday Ochendu Marries Two Ladies Same Day In Delta (Photos) / Ever Lived In A House With A Hotel Right Behind You? Share Your Experiences. / Types Of Nigerian Girlfriends With Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.