Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? (2814 Views)

Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) / Man's Valentine's Gifts From His Girlfriend, Amaka Vs His Ex Girlfriend (photos) / 15 Ways Women React When They Received Gifts From Their Man – Ada Bekee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2020
My friend was gifted an iPhone 12pro max by a male friend (just friends) and her boyfriend finds it inappropriate...he feels threatened and wants her to return it.. she on the other hand feel there is nothing wrong in recieving a harmless gift. It's really causing serious issue in the relationship...

What do y'all think?
Ladies can yhu comfortably collect expensive gifts from the opposite sex while in a relationship?
Guys will yhu be comfortable if yhur gf is gifted with something expensive from the opposite sex?
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Dissap: 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
You will never know a man's heart! He is gradually preparing for the big feast! grin
He will scatter everything when the time comes! grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dissap:
You will never know a man's heart! He is gradually preparing for the big feast! grin

What big feast? They're just friends and it's not like he's asking her out. ...
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by longetivity(m): 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2020
Awon hoe don come again, see as you said just best friend, iPhone 12 without anything in return smh

7 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by MJBOLT: 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
Pictures of the iPhone 12 pro max

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
longetivity:
Awon hoe don come again, see as you said just best friend, iPhone 12 without anything in return smh

Everyone does not have that sick mentality..
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Dissap: 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

You would know what I mean — if you have a pússy.
Okay, I mean; that guy will eventually fúck her very very much and He would tear her pússy and eat it raw when the time comes. Hope it is clear now?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by dietola01(m): 8:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dissap:

You would know what I mean — if you have a pússy.
Okay, I mean; that guy will eventually fúck her very very much and He would tear her pússy and eat it raw when the time comes. Hope it is clear now?
bad man! Na men dey run am grin tongue

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by yanabasee(m): 8:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

You people often act like you don't read the signs.....

Deep down you know what's playing beneath the gift....

If I was the boo, I'll quietly start looking for another girlfriend because that one has been taken on the low!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by longetivity(m): 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

WOW!! I've forgotten it's the season of love, the guy must be Santa Claus (father Christmas) sharing iPhone 12 anyhow

7 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by youngvikthor(m): 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2020
you said iPhone 12 for free,??

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by nurain150(m): 8:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

sickotness
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2020
longetivity:
Dear Op, Mentalities as such as made it very unadvisable to accept expensive gifts from opposite gender. Personally, in relationship or not...I don't take expensive gifts from opposite gender. As a matter of fact,I'm weary of gifts.

So, It's a big No for me!
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nazgul: 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:
My friend was gifted an iPhone 12pro max by a male friend (just friends) and her boyfriend finds it inappropriate...he feels threatened and wants her to return it.. she on the other hand feel there is nothing wrong in recieving a harmless gift. It's really causing serious issue in the relationship...

What do y'all think?
Ladies can yhu comfortably collect expensive gifts from the opposite sex while in a relationship?
Guys will yhu be comfortable if yhur gf is gifted with something expensive from the opposite sex?
No one gives you a gift without expecting anything in return. Even God who gave us his son Jesus expects us to surrender our lives to him in return.

If your friend was wise and actually loved her guy like she claimed, she would have refused that gift. Her acceptance has made her indebted to Mr nice guy, whose aim of giving her that gift was to plant confusion between her and her guy and possibly break them up. Then mr nice guy would fill in the blank slot.

And so far his plan is already working cos she's torn in-between Mr nice guy and her guy who she's clearly getting pissed off with.

You ladies should learn how to say no thanks, it's not every gift you must accept cos some are hooks aimed at pulling you out of a happy relationship into slavery or worse.

14 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2020
Palema007:
Dear Op, Mentalities as such as made it very unadvisable to accept expensive gifts from opposite gender. Personally, in relationship or not...I don't take expensive gifts from opposite gender. As a matter of fact,I'm weary of gifts.

So, It's a big No for me!

Yhure right sha ....but some gifts are harmless...
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nazgul:

No one gives you a gift without expecting anything in return. Even God who gave us his son Jesus expects us to surrender our lives to him in return.

If your friend was wise and actually loved her guy like she claimed, she would have refused that gift. Her acceptance has made her indebted to Mr nice guy, whose aim of giving her that gift was to plant confusion between her and her guy and possibly break them up. Then mr nice guy would fill in the blank slot.

And so far his plan is already working cos she's torn in-between Mr nice guy and her guy who she's clearly getting pissed off with.

You ladies should learn how to say no thanks, it's not every gift you must accept cos some are hooks aimed at pulling you out of a happy relationship into slavery or worse.

I agree yhu with except the first paragraph..... When I give ...I give because I want to ....I don't expect anything in return...at all...

And I've met people like that.. like 7years ago a guy just saw my cousin and said he felt like giving her something..he then went ahead to give her money and bought her a phone...just like that...
After which he traveled out...he never asked anything from her...
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Quality20(m): 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2020
A man can build a duplex n furnish it n even dash her expensive cars . it depends on how deep his pocket is
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

What do y'all think?
Na Which Work She Do 4 Am Wey Go Make D Guy Buy Her Dat Kind Expensive Phone? 4rm My Opinion, There Is Something Fishy Behind D Gift. Dat Gift Is Too Expensive 4 Someone Not To Be Suspicious Of. But She Shouldn't Return D Gift.
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by hashtagged(m): 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

Everything starts like this I can bet 100% she is already chopping his dick

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

Yhure right sha ....but some gifts are harmless...
Yes some gifts are, however remember when you are in relationship, you have to consider your partner before making some decisions. If her Man is not comfortable with it, she should return the gift.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nazgul: 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

I agree yhu with except the first paragraph..... When I give ...I give because I want to ....I don't expect anything in return...at all...

And I've met people like that.. like 7years ago a guy just saw my cousin and said he felt like giving her something..he then went ahead to give her money and bought her a phone...just like that...
After which he traveled out...he never asked anything from her...
Depends on the magnitude of the gift tho.

I can easily give out a gift within my capability to a friend and expect nothing in return. I've done that several times. Same I believe goes for you.

But when it's something that would actually cost me something, no matter how hard I try to fool everyone that I'm not expecting anything in return from the receiver, I know that deep down I have a plan and would sit and wait patiently till that plan manifests.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nazgul:

Nazgul, you gatz do relationship/marriage counselor

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nazgul: 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2020
Aileexa1:

Nazgul, you gatz do relationship/marriage counselor
Really?

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nazgul:

Really?

Yes na, I read your comments and the ones on relationships are top notch

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nazgul: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2020
Aileexa1:

Yes na, I read your comments and the ones on relationships are top notch
Thanks for the compliment...
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by DaInferno(m): 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
lemme play this scenario

If a friend-lady was to gift your bf an iPhone (let's assume grin), just like that out of no where...

I don't know how to conclude this, but you'd imagine the worse I guess. but it's not enough to return the gift though.

that man that gifted this lady an iPhone 12 self na wow, hope he no go vex if person do am thesame thing?
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2020
Stop lying to yourself.

Jodha:

What do y'all think?
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nazgul:

Depends on the magnitude of the gift tho.

I can easily give out a gift within my capability to a friend and expect nothing in return. I've done that several times. Same I believe goes for you.

But when it's something that would actually cost me something, no matter how hard I try to fool everyone that I'm not expecting anything in return from the receiver, I know that deep down I have a plan and would sit and wait patiently till that plan manifests.

The guy is very rich so iPhone 12 cost him nothing..
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 10:09pm On Dec 13, 2020
Palema007:
Yes some gifts are, however remember when you are in relationship, you have to consider your partner before making some decisions. If her Man is not comfortable with it, she should return the gift.

If he was in her shoes...I don't think he'll return it...
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 10:12pm On Dec 13, 2020
Truvel:
Na Which Work She Do 4 Am Wey Go Make D Guy Buy Her Dat Kind Expensive Phone? 4rm My Opinion, There Is Something Fishy Behind D Gift. Dat Gift Is Too Expensive 4 Someone Not To Be Suspicious Of. But She Shouldn't Return D Gift.

The guy even has a gf o.... it's a harmless gift I think
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2020
hashtagged:

Everything starts like this I can bet 100% she is already chopping his dick

Yhu don lose the bet be that..

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Chating With Omah Lay.. Am Heart Broken / I Think My Sister Is Gay / I Just Shot Myself In The Foot...the Fallout From Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.