Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? (2822 Views)

Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) / Man's Valentine's Gifts From His Girlfriend, Amaka Vs His Ex Girlfriend (photos) / 15 Ways Women React When They Received Gifts From Their Man – Ada Bekee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
ongback:
Stop lying to yourself.

I don't understand..
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nazgul:

Really?

This one has stole my meme...
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:
My friend was gifted an iPhone 12pro max by a male friend (just friends) and her boyfriend finds it inappropriate...he feels threatened and wants her to return it.. she on the other hand feel there is nothing wrong in recieving a harmless gift. It's really causing serious issue in the relationship...

What do y'all think?
Ladies can yhu comfortably collect expensive gifts from the opposite sex while in a relationship?
Guys will yhu be comfortable if yhur gf is gifted with something expensive from the opposite sex?

What a Rhetoric Question. Wahala for those who dey do relationship lol. Make I know Just talk wetin dey my mind because we already know how It will end smhhh......
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2020
Evolutionlove:

What a Rhetoric Question. Wahala for those who dey do relationship lol. Make I know Just talk wetin dey my mind because we already know how It will end smhhh......

How is my question rhetorical ?
If yhu don't have answer....stand aside for other with answers to talk..
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

I agree yhu with except the first paragraph..... When I give ...I give because I want to ....I don't expect anything in return...at all...

And I've met people like that.. Like 7years Ago a guy just saw my cousin and said he felt like giving her something..he then went ahead to give her money and bought her a phone...just like that...
After which he traveled out...he never asked anything from her...

Let him come and try It In this "Jubril El Sudan" Regime. Hardly will you see "Pure Minded Father Christmas" nowadays......grin grin grin

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nazgul: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

The guy is very rich so iPhone 12 cost him nothing..
Lol...rich people don't spend foolishly as most people think. Hungry Yahoo boys have made most of you ladies think that genuinely rich guys blow money like that. It's not so. They've got so many business ideas to work out and much investment to gamble the money on. Even dangote can't gift you 100k despite the fact that he has it, unless you're offering him some kind of service.

If that guy spent that amount of money to get her an iPhone, then he's obviously projecting a happy ending with her.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nazgul: 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

This one has stole my meme...
Did they write your name on it?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nazgul:

Lol...rich people don't spend foolishly as most people think. Hungry Yahoo boys have made most of you ladies think that genuinely rich guys blow money like that. It's not so. They've got so many business ideas to work out and much investment to gamble the money on. Even dangote can't gift you 100k despite the fact that he has it, unless you're offering him some kind of service.

If that guy spent that amount of money to get her an iPhone, then he's obviously projecting a happy ending with her.

In most of her Comments. She seems to be a Teenager. From your comments, one would deduce you are an adult and you are very well Informed......

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nazgul:

He has a gf...does that count?
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 10:31pm On Dec 13, 2020
Evolutionlove:

In most her Comments. She seems to be a Teenager. From your comments, one would deduce you are an adult and you are very well Informed......

Teenagers are brainless or have no right to have a say on any issue...

Sometimes ehn...the way yhu people type..I just wonder how y'all think...
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nazgul: 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

Married men cheat and even throw their wives out in order to accommodate their mistress. How much more an ordinary girl friend. She's easily replaceable.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jodha:

Teenagers are brainless or have no right to have a say on any issue...

Sometimes ehn...the way yhu people type..I just wonder how y'all think...

I didn't say such thing okay. But you still have a little growing up to do. Take Care.....
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by tunize(m): 11:09pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nazgul:

No one gives you a gift without expecting anything in return. Even God who gave us his son Jesus expects us to surrender our lives to him in return.

If your friend was wise and actually loved her guy like she claimed, she would have refused that gift. Her acceptance has made her indebted to Mr nice guy, whose aim of giving her that gift was to plant confusion between her and her guy and possibly break them up. Then mr nice guy would fill in the blank slot.

And so far his plan is already working cos she's torn in-between Mr nice guy and her guy who she's clearly getting pissed off with.

You ladies should learn how to say no thanks, it's not every gift you must accept cos some are hooks aimed at pulling you out of a happy relationship into slavery or worse.
When you give and expect something in return then its no longer tag giving and bro not everyone gives with the hope of wanting something back so i disagree with your first paragraph.
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 14, 2020
Jodha:

The guy even has a gf o.... it's a harmless gift I think
Lol, Whether He Has A Gf Or Not. No Matter How Harmless U May Think D Gift Is. D Guy Has Interest In D Girl. Yes. Dat Gift Is Too Expensive 4 One Not To Be Suspicious. Na Which Work She Do 4 Am Na? Besides, Dat A Guy Has A Gf Doesn't Stops Him 4rm Having Interest In Other Girls.
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 14, 2020
Jodha:
My friend was gifted an iPhone 12pro max by a male friend (just friends) and her boyfriend finds it inappropriate...he feels threatened and wants her to return it.. she on the other hand feel there is nothing wrong in recieving a harmless gift. It's really causing serious issue in the relationship...

What do y'all think?
Ladies can yhu comfortably collect expensive gifts from the opposite sex while in a relationship?
Guys will yhu be comfortable if yhur gf is gifted with something expensive from the opposite sex?
it's normal for a partner to be paranoid for such reason.

That's an expensive gift and if the reverse was the case (your bf receives a very expensive gift from a lady), you'll certainly be worried and you'll even create a thread here to lament and ask for opinions lol..
just like this lady here (click the link): https://www.nairaland.com/5032772/lady-gifted-boyfriend-car#75882904
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:44am On Dec 14, 2020
Me I can collect oo. I'll just make sure my partner is aware of it. The two of us will go and thank my friend for the gift.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by oludotun17666: 6:19am On Dec 14, 2020
:Really?Yes na, I read your comments and the ones on relationships are top notch
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 14, 2020
Jodha:

If he was in her shoes...I don't think he'll return it...
Gender tussle again? Lol. I don hear you. grin
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Silentgroper(m): 6:50am On Dec 14, 2020
Jodha:

ned nwoko had wives, yet still married another.
what is nw a common gf
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by MrKodak(m): 6:50am On Dec 14, 2020
Jodha:

Yhure right sha ....but some gifts are harmless...

Only u come ask for advice, people dey advice you and u still dey do stubborn head. Kuku ma do what you want na, without telling nairalanders, that's the best advice now.
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Bennysam: 7:42am On Dec 14, 2020
Jodha:

Everyone does not have that sick mentality..
Woman forget that we men know ourselves
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by tobymichael(m): 11:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hmmmm...naso e Dey start. Soon and very soon
Re: Is It Okay To Receive Expensive Gifts From Friends While In A Relationship? by Jodha(f): 11:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
tobymichael:
Hmmmm...naso e Dey start. Soon and very soon

Very soon... what?? sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Hilarious Reactions Of Some Nigerian Husbands. / Please Nairalanders What Can You Say About This A Friend Did To Me This Morning / As A Lady, What Have You Done For Your Man Apart From Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.