Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) (37642 Views)

Man's Valentine's Gifts From His Girlfriend, Amaka Vs His Ex Girlfriend (photos) / 15 Ways Women React When They Received Gifts From Their Man – Ada Bekee / Man Displays His Wedding Ring in a Club party While Grabing 2 Ass At Once.(photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by NairaOcean: 9:17pm On Apr 01
In a display of tradition and community spirit, a man from Umuezukwu community in Onicha Igboeze, Ebonyi State, has shared a video showcasing the array of gifts given to a bride on her traditional wedding day. This customary practice reflects the rich cultural heritage of the Igbo people, where a bride is showered with blessings and essentials as she embarks on her new journey as a married woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxf_BH1OfcM

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Greenlyf: 9:24pm On Apr 01
I am happy for them

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by fyzaila: 10:26pm On Apr 01
This is normal in Northern marriages. It's not new to me.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Yugoslavia247(m): 10:27pm On Apr 01
fyzaila:

Okay rest.
No one is comparing here

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by slimjohn2k5: 11:03pm On Apr 01
U sure the girl was not giving them headaches?

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Sonnobax15(m): 11:39pm On Apr 01
lipsrsealed
Na all these kind list of bride price dey give man instant erectile dysfunction undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by emmeyen: 3:27am On Apr 02
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Na all these kind list of bride price dey give man instant erectile dysfunction undecided

Did you read where they said, those were gifts from the bride's family to the couples? And not on the list for traditional rites?

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by ValCon888: 3:31am On Apr 02
The exception not the rule.
Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Almaiga: 5:28am On Apr 02
fyzaila:

You are right. This is a must in all Northern marriages. During my marriage, my wife came with a set of executive Chairs, a 50 inches smart tv, two deep freezers, a massive family bed with it's mattress, makeup mirror,2 sets of AC, wordrope and all Kitchen utensils including a cooker.

52 Likes

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Almaiga: 5:33am On Apr 02
Yugoslavia247:

Okay rest.
No one is comparing here

See painment grin

I feel your pains. Cause in some other Regions, some People are forced to marry some retired Ashawo and still pay millions as bride price. Yet,the lady comes to the house empty handed grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Yankee101: 5:45am On Apr 02
Go to the north, they furnish houses and those with money buy cars and give land to their daughter
Part of the reason they marry plenty wives easily

19 Likes

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by zed7: 5:52am On Apr 02
It's common with the Northerners. The girls family may be wealthy but personally, i don't like it.

Always best to avoid your inlaws feeding you people or providing things for you people. That's the fastest way to lose your respect and status as the head of the home.

Marrying into a rich home in Nigeria as a man is not as romantic as most people think it is.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by westlius(m): 7:06am On Apr 02
Thats good one

3 Likes

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by MrHighSea: 7:22am On Apr 02
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
you don't get it.
Those are after-wedding gifts from bride's family

15 Likes

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Abee79(m): 8:37am On Apr 02
Congratulations to the couple 🎈

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by fyzaila: 11:18am On Apr 02
Almaiga:

You are right. This is a must in all Northern marriages. During my marriage, my wife came with a set of executive Chairs, a 50 inches smart tv, two deep freezers, a massive family bed with it's mattress, makeup mirror,2 sets of AC, wordrope and all Kitchen utensils including a cooker.

I'm not surprised, most brides fathers that have money do alot for their daughters and those that don't have will always panic when their daughter is about to wed.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Almaiga: 1:46pm On Apr 02
fyzaila:

I'm not surprised, most brides fathers that have money do alot for their daughters and those that don't have will always panic when their daughter is about to wed.

In the North,it is a thing of pride to arrange household stuffs for any bride. Infact, that is one of the most important part of the marriage. Most Aunt's and friends of the brides mom will come around to see what and what they bought for their daughter that'd getting married.

No family joke with that aspect of marriage rights

12 Likes

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by asatemple(f): 2:00pm On Apr 02
Congratulations to them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02
If all dis is for the wife like Hausa culture den it's OK both of dem will still use it together but if it's for the wife's family then it's BROAD DAY Robbery....

1 Like

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Solofresh2: 2:02pm On Apr 02
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Try dey read small small

6 Likes

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by benuejosh: 2:03pm On Apr 02
Normal thing in Tiv land.

It is a Tiv culture that when their daughter is being given out in marriage, on the wedding day (Most especially at the reception after church ceremony) the bride's side gift her all those things down to food stuff and to even grinding stone and firewood. It is symbolic.

What it means is that, as she is getting to her new home, she shouldn't go and start waiting for her husband to provide some of those things before she will start making her home but she should hit the ground running immediately as a wife in a new home. They don't want to hear stories. So they provide all that she needs for her to keep her home and start taking care of the home. No excuse of anything.

9 Likes

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Goodlady(f): 2:05pm On Apr 02
Correct bride's family. Not all these lazy nairaland broke ass boys family wey do head like prîck!

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by YoungLionken(m): 2:09pm On Apr 02
All initial gragra for marriage way go still scatter cheesy...
Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Vifx: 2:10pm On Apr 02
Nice
Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by ncoolsome(m): 2:11pm On Apr 02
Am seeing chairs, dining table,cooking gas..Everything don set na house remain..

3 Likes

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by pyyxxaro: 2:11pm On Apr 02
Wonderful
Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Unclebayo(m): 2:11pm On Apr 02
Goodlady:
Correct man. Not all these lazy nairaland broke ass boys wey do head like prîck!
Hello miss goodlady, this is to notify you that All this pictures you're adding to your comments are so irrelevant and clueless.

Hopes you you change. 💡

4 Likes

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Triangles1(m): 2:12pm On Apr 02
WoW, take the bull direct from horn.
Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Triangles1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 02
YoungLionken:
All initial gragra for marriage way go still scatter cheesy...

Bro just wish them luck, nobody care if dey break or survive, definitely there must be challeng.

3 Likes

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by Savedday2: 2:14pm On Apr 02
This one never know what await him in the hands of that girl.

There is no amount of gift the girl's family will give you that will equates, the amount of deceit, pain and death she is preparing for you.

Kindly, collect the gifts and throw that useless ashawo back to the family. Who needs a Borden in this modern life!

The only thing you should do, is use and dump her. Not shining teeth because of gifts.
Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by onadana: 2:16pm On Apr 02
fyzaila:

I was wondering if it was Northern Nigeria.When South start this one?

4 Likes

Re: Man Displays Bride's Traditional Wedding Gifts From Her Family (photos, Video) by BrutusOj(m): 2:16pm On Apr 02
Almaiga:

You are right. This is a must in all Northern marriages. During my marriage, my wife came with a set of executive Chairs, a 50 inches smart tv, two deep freezers, a massive family bed with it's mattress, makeup mirror,2 sets of AC, wordrope wardrobe and all Kitchen utensils including a cooker.
All these from your family purse or your husband contributed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Between Stingy Man And a Womanizer, Who Is More Preferable To Marry? / Police Officer Knelt Down As His Wife-To-Be Sat On His Lap In Pre-wedding Photos / Mimi Orjiekwe Slams Her Friend For Trying To Snatch Her Boyfriend (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.