Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria (43910 Views)

My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) / Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. / Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria 2. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by sleeknaija(m): 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2020
isaacsegun:

You are on point. But the main reason they are having good roads is because of their topography and soil. If you are constructing for example, a kilometer road in North, the cost of that a kilometer road will be 3 times in southern Nigeria of equivalent distance due to the marshy soil and topography (rocks, needs to construct Bridges etc)

Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
Nice one guy.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Hamnas(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
am done with my tour, you can go on my Instagram page to read my tour experience and watch my videos

https://instagram.com/cheapmarketdeal
o boy ur not done ooo where is the GOMBI you stated in ur fisrt post

2 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2020
kenmaro:

Less heavy duty vehicular movements on inner roads like what we have in places like Lagos.

A[b]lso, more patriotic services from the northern leaders to their people unlike the southern politicians. That is; they ensure quality delivery even though there might be some embezzlement unlike the southern politicians that will completely embezzle project allocations and end up delivering poor quality substandard projects.[/b]

This is not precisely correct. Many of the places he is going to are state capitals and should be further developed than they are. The same mentality of southern governors chopping state allocation happens here too a lot. It is why there are many areas of unrest, lack of investment into services and infrastructure.

The difference is mindset of the locals. They stay at home many would rather stay in their village than go to capitals even with insecurity. Because they are home they work on maintaining what they have. That is the biggest difference.

When you talk about leadership you face the same issue as anywhere in Nigeria with selfish corrupt people that would even act as if they are doing the people a favour to do their work. See palliatives now. Every single state they did not distribute, imagine budget then. Or other supplies

2 Likes

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by slimman007: 11:32pm On Dec 26, 2020
haslaw:

These guys must be biggest olodos in the country. Someone took a picture in front of University of Maiduguri and yet these clowns are still asking him to go to borno

Don't mind him is this not the heart of Borno state....This is Bama Road. I will never forgot the day Bomb blasted inside Unimed...That was the day I knew that God truly cares for me....ln all I love this state especially going to Monday market to get foodstuff
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Obyino: 12:04am On Dec 27, 2020
grin grin grin grin
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright..

Well done o you are doing well bros op untill you hear boom..skriiiii doom doom
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by saintruky(m): 12:25am On Dec 27, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
Yes there is,( though with occasional attacks)...... We where attacked at Jagana..... Just the plan.

Who attacked u?
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 4:07am On Dec 27, 2020
When the north was peaceful it was a good place to visit and even stay. I’ve been to Kano bt that was back then. Beautiful and easy going place.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Onlinefarmstore: 5:54am On Dec 27, 2020
ranksz:
Bro, I need a contact of someone in Maiduguri, can you help with that?
what do you need. it for
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Onlinefarmstore: 5:54am On Dec 27, 2020
Henri8:

You were in Numan and you didn't hala me?

sorry sir
Henri8:

Last photo is airport roundabout.

Second one is Yola town roundabout.

noted
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Onlinefarmstore: 5:56am On Dec 27, 2020
Hamnas:
o boy ur not done ooo where is the GOMBI you stated in ur fisrt post

Gombe is there
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Drizzy5001(m): 6:33am On Dec 27, 2020
Henri8:

What is wrong with Yola?

Yola is very very safe.
Read my comment again.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by remi1444: 8:16am On Dec 27, 2020
folake4u:
Very interesting read, dear Op.
embarassed
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Oesophagus99(m): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2020
you're a slowpoke.. White people tour around with their babes
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Franky826: 8:50am On Dec 27, 2020
This has to be one of the best thread this year.
Great job OP. Well don

1 Like

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by temblor1(m): 10:19am On Dec 27, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
The concept is to change the view of the north east.

Started Today Dec. 13 2020,

Start off point: Jos, Plateau State,

First Call Point: Numan, Adamawa state

Stop: Kangere, Bauchi State, Gombi state and Adamawa
I'm presently in NUMAN, Adamawa state.
Thanks for the visit.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Axadus: 11:30am On Dec 27, 2020
ranksz:
Bro, I need a contact of someone in Maiduguri, can you help with that?

How will you start looking for such contact?
Maiduguri is a big place bro..

Where in Maiduguri though, maybe I might help you
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Axadus: 11:33am On Dec 27, 2020
Onlinefarmstore
You can Hala me for a meet up if you're still in Maiduguri..
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Isabella199: 11:40am On Dec 27, 2020
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Onlinefarmstore: 12:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
Axadus:
Onlinefarmstore
You can Hala me for a meet up if you're still in Maiduguri..

Have moved sir
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Coolgent(m): 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
My #yola tour in pictures...... Am really loving this town, I literally drank 5ltrs of water in a space of 3hrs...... The temperature was 38°c

Yola has lots of roundabouts.....more than Jos.

Pic 3. Donkey roundabout.

Pic 1. Cow roundabout (Mai Shanu roundabout).

Pic 2. Calabash Roundabout.

Get set!!! We shall bring you all the beauty of the North East!!!!
Nice one!

Correction... it's a Horse not Donkey
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Onlinefarmstore: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2020
Coolgent:

Nice one!

Correction its Horse not Donkey
noted

1 Like

Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by 198800Mam(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
Guess what I found in my tour of #adamawastate

1. Soap Berry (also called aduah in Hausa), usefull for it's nutritional values, and for it's silky taste.

2. Wonderful Kola, useful in treating headaches, and also used to jack back the brain...... You can't eat a big lump at once.

3. Me sampling the difference in the two types of kola.

PLEASE WHAT IS WONDERFUL KOLA IN HAUSA LANGUAGE?
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by callyik(m): 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

Let me not say yes or no, but what am sure of is, is that any road that is well constructed in the north, is 100% better than its counterpart in the other region, in terms of durability and lasting

What is the difference between durability and lasting?
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by ermias11: 6:34am On Dec 29, 2020
Who wrote this thread abeg? You said you did a tour of the northeast but you included Jos. It's like you don't know where you went to! Is Jos in the Northeast or North Central/Middle Belt??
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Onlinefarmstore: 7:11am On Dec 29, 2020
ermias11:
Who wrote this thread abeg? You said you did a tour of the northeast but you included Jos. It's like you don't know where you went to! Is Jos in the Northeast or North Central/Middle Belt??

Did I say Jos is in North East? Starting point Jos, everything has a start point... Anyway thanks for your observations... But seek clearity
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by ermias11: 11:47am On Dec 29, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

Did I say Jos is in North East? Starting point Jos, everything has a start point... Anyway thanks for your observations... But seek clearity

You should have written the geopolitical zone of Plateau in bracket so that we differentiate between them. Do you know that some people do not know whether which area is where? You wrote that you're touring the northeast and Jos was mentioned as the starting point (of your tour of the northeast o). Next time you're writing, avoid ambiguity.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Onlinefarmstore: 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
ermias11:

You should have written the geopolitical zone of Plateau in bracket so that we differentiate between them. Do you know that some people do not know whether which area is where? You wrote that you're touring the northeast and Jos was mentioned as the starting point (of your tour of the northeast o). Next time you're writing, avoid ambiguity.

noted sir .... thank you.
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by 198800Mam(m): 7:17pm On Jan 01, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:
Guess what I found in my tour of #adamawastate

1. Soap Berry (also called aduah in Hausa), usefull for it's nutritional values, and for it's silky taste.

2. Wonderful Kola, useful in treating headaches, and also used to jack back the brain...... You can't eat a big lump at once.

3. Me sampling the difference in the two types of kola.

PLEASE WHAT IS WONDERFUL KOLA IN HAUSA??
Re: Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria by Onlinefarmstore: 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2021
1Dray:

Welcome to Borno State. Don't forget to visit Dikwa and Gamboru Ngala. I'm presently in the deep field of Dikwa.
watin you dey find there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obituary Of A Family Killed In Accident In Plateau State (Photos) / Ghastly Auto Crash Close To Obalende, Lagos / Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.