Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,864 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada (52640 Views)

Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria IS NOT BETTER Than Canada / Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Freestainworld(m): 10:09am On Dec 15, 2020
RealAlubarika:

God bless you for this statement. Most people who haven't left the shores of Nigeria will be saying rubbish.
They are busy asking how much I was earning, someone even said i traveled illegally, but am praying for all to make it abroad, seeing is believing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Oyinlade336: 10:10am On Dec 15, 2020
As a matter of fact now Banks are not even ready to diapense cash at the atm anymore, they prefer You use Pos and get the daily charges and monthly target from you, and Your there Telling me words as if you are Drunk while typing.. Nonsense
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by OChimex: 10:10am On Dec 15, 2020
Freestainworld:
When I was residing in UAE, I was paying 150k a month for just one room, just imagine how much I spend in a year, nothing is free anywhere.

Come back to Nigeria and see millions wey no go fit pay 50k house rent.

E better make person dey where he fit pay those high costs than where you no fit pay the cheap cost.

One thing is places of high cost of living will guarantee you high paying jobs to settle those bills

6 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by thecommunist(m): 10:11am On Dec 15, 2020
You are always welcome to come back to Nigeria ....where you could be killed by an angry soldier or drunk policeman, that is if armed robber missed your house.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by kolaaderin: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2020
Modo9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Y3PS42vo
And you forget to knockout all this that Income in Canada is way higher that all this will be easier to put up with Unlike Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by teamsynergy: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2020
moodyguy:
But honestly if you have good money in Nigeria i dont see any reason why you should travel abroad,abegi travelling abroad is now OLD SCHOOLS,unless for studies.You can hustle and make it big in 9ja and travel out for vacation.

Yea, until one is sick and needs urgent medical attention..

Why are the super rich in Nigeria always traveling abroad and even buying citizenship...

Even our presido's medical records dey UK as we speak..

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Burgerlomo: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2020
MJBOLT:
but if you are given canadian visa,you will gladly accept it o.

Sharp sharp cool

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by DAVE5(m): 10:14am On Dec 15, 2020
hakeem4:
To be honest, I do not feel like relocating out of Nigeria. I don’t know the fuss Nigerians have with Canada sha

Quality of life

Isn’t that enough to make peeps run out of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by DAVE5(m): 10:15am On Dec 15, 2020
Freestainworld:
When I was residing in UAE, I was paying 150k a month for just one room, just imagine how much I spend in a year, nothing is free anywhere.

How much were you earning?

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by hakeem4(m): 10:15am On Dec 15, 2020
lexy2014:

Deduct d tax & tell us what is left. Then tell us what d tax is used for& if it mproves d living standards of Canadian residents compared to Nigeria. U will also do well to put such public service in monetary terms& tell us d quality compared to nigerias public service
okay let me give you a real life example of someone I know very well. the person collects 1300CAD every month before tax. After tax it gets to about nine hundred and something. i would pay rent, and other bills at the end of the day she is left with nothing
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 15, 2020
lekki1444:
Is Akure a city ? are the roads tiled ? electricity ? jobs ? these are questions i am asking. i have never been to Akure before. is the place vibrant ?

Its not bad, the roads are tiled, good electricity but the main issue is jobs. I have actually sat down and thought about it, if you can work remotely for an organization, your quality of life would be much saner outside lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by lexy2014: 10:18am On Dec 15, 2020
hakeem4:
okay let me give you a real life example of someone I know very well. the person collects 1300CAD every month before tax. After tax it gets to about nine hundred and something. i would pay rent, and other bills at the end of the day she is left with nothing

Then tell us what d tax is used for& if it improves d living standards of Canadian residents compared to Nigeria. U will also do well to put such public service in monetary terms& tell us d quality compared to nigerias public service

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by teamsynergy: 10:18am On Dec 15, 2020
Freestainworld:
They are busy asking how much I was earning, someone even said i traveled illegally, but am praying for all to make it abroad, seeing is believing.

I have a number of friends who are proffesionals in their field before they left Nigeria . Now they earn more and even have good Investment in Nigeria..

No body is saying abroad is Free, Nigeria that is harsh self , you pay for basically everything .. I know how much tax I pay monthly , and still what exactly we get in return..

The op is talking about health insurance and education as if we have any good one in Nigeria.

I spend over 25k on internet monthly ...

Don't compare economy by cost of things and by converting currencies.

Atleast ,look at standard of living , spending power , minimum wage etc..

The op did a poor job IMO

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Indispensable85(m): 10:18am On Dec 15, 2020
You be mumu for even attempting to compare that dead country called Nigeria with Canada. Buhari's dead brain is better than yours.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Karlosorji(m): 10:19am On Dec 15, 2020
You didn’t talk about opportunities and presence of basic amenities
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by shoprite: 10:19am On Dec 15, 2020
bezimo:
Oh really...I have lived in Canada for almost 6 years..i don't regret escaping that useless Nigeria. You have no idea of what you saying.

OP just wants to stair up a needless argument so let's just help him by commenting and leaving the thread for him . . .comparing life in Canada and Naija without proper evaluation of the basics . . .If to say we sef never travel we for just STFU waka comot ! undecided

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Eriokanmi: 10:20am On Dec 15, 2020
lexy2014:

It seems u aren't even understanding urself. Ur grammar is lucid that's y the contradictions are obvious.

If u "have it all here", y did u go to d US for ur post graduate? If u don't have good leadership, how can u now "have it all here"?
I give up on you. Go grab queen primer and start studying English grammar from there. It could help, who knows?
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Eriokanmi: 10:20am On Dec 15, 2020
dbestuncle:
Lie Lie Mohammed

ok, thanks
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by romenna: 10:22am On Dec 15, 2020
Balance your report by analysing the per capital income in both countries .

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by lekki1444: 10:22am On Dec 15, 2020
pcguru1:

Its not bad, the roads are tiled, good electricity but the main issue is jobs. I have actually sat down and thought about it, if you can work remotely for an organization, your quality of life would be much saner outside lagos.
totally correct. and as a PC GURU this should be your focus while you acquire cheap properties with the moneys you make remotely. not some relocation abroad pipe dream. if i believe correctly you are a programming guru ? someone like you need to earn that abroad money remotely while living the cheap nigerian life. just my 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Kingstanding: 10:23am On Dec 15, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Y'all like giving stupid points...

Hope u are not typing this from Nigeria sha

Infact hope none of ur family members have moved to Benin or Cameroon instead of residing in hell
. Why do you talk like someone who is suffering from mental disease? Bad Belle.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Aguogba(m): 10:24am On Dec 15, 2020
Petyprincess:
I was expecting a strong arguments to your claim but dissapointed of what I'm reading lipsrsealed
In as much i know Canada isn't that but these reasons are quite unconvincing!!
Extremely dumb comparison. No single basis for such analogy.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by illuminati4life: 10:24am On Dec 15, 2020
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]Obviously this is coming from a retard...
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Cousin9999: 10:25am On Dec 15, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

To be honest Canada is not for everyone. Things like having 24 hours uninterrupted power, your salaries being paid on time. Not having to cage yourself in your house won't make sense to everyone

You, and others, need to understand that choosing to live in a place is a bit like choosing a spouse. Everyone has different deal breakers. Some people are okay with what others consider major flaws or problems. Some people are so happy and comfortable that something like power outages doesn't bother them. They may even laugh at it, or see it as an opportunity to take a break from work or get a little closer with friends and family.

There's some people who live in places with regular flooding. But they don't want to leave. They just hop in a boat. Some people get stuck in the house because of hurricanes or massive snowstorms every year, and they just sit inside sipping wine and relaxing. They don't have any plans to leave.

You also have to remember that some people have traveled, worked abroad, and studied abroad; and they still opt to stay in Nigeria (or other countries) because that's just where they want to be.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by moodyguy: 10:28am On Dec 15, 2020
teamsynergy:

Yea, until one is sick and needs urgent medical attention..

Why are the super rich in Nigeria always traveling abroad and even buying citizenship...

Even our presido's medical records dey UK as we speak..

Why so pessimistic
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Neoteny(m): 10:30am On Dec 15, 2020
Fvckhypocrite:
Canada or burst

It's actually bust, but you're free to spontaneously combust too.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by benji93: 10:38am On Dec 15, 2020
Trouble sidon cross leg dey relax, Wahala go tap am. cheesy.Which kain thing be this? I never read the whole thread but i know say abroad group go don scatter the place. cheesy grin
Modo9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Y3PS42vo
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Etinosa1234: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2020
Kingstanding:
. Why do you talk like someone who is suffering from mental disease? Bad Belle.

Okobo... Because people in Canada don't die of diseases...

That's why I said u typed stupid points..

Hope u and ur family are not residing in hell Sha... Cos u'll look foolish
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Ogidigan1: 10:40am On Dec 15, 2020
Thunder fire u there! Why didn't u return bk to Nigeria if ur claims r true. Yeye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Odion2016(m): 10:41am On Dec 15, 2020
maternal:

Because no matter how much money you have, nonsense like this can always happen. How does 400, not four, but 400 students go missing? What a joke of a country. Everything is not about money.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/7519757/nigerian-school-students-missing/amp/

Exactly..Help me tell them oo..We need security......And Jobs
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by SIRTee15: 10:41am On Dec 15, 2020
hakeem4:

Have u heard of tax return?
People on minimum wage hardly pay any tax...they claim their tax back.
Pls do a lot of research b4 commenting on what u know little about.
However, I agree if u earning well in naija...u may want to rethink any relocation plan.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Flytime: 10:41am On Dec 15, 2020
This op too mumu

I'm surprised no one mentioned electricity,they have stable electricity meanwhile we are struggling with kanji dam for ages,too build another dam na problem

They make more money in Canada so they'll spend more,if you make money in Canada and spend it on nigeria you'll most likely be rich but if you make money in Canada and spend it there you'll just be an average person but still enjoying life more than a average person in nigeria
On the other hand if you make money in nigeria and spend it in Canada you'll be struggling because our minimum wage is shit,if you are rich in nigeria and you spend your money in Canada you'll probably be average in Canada except your very rich

This mumu op is talking about data,data is expensive in nigeria and we don't have unlimited data plans unlike over there and our service providers rip us off

The issue is that most of them never stop converting cad to naira so they believe things are cheaper here
But the moment they start making money in nigeria they'll know things are not cheap

Things used to be cheap in nigeria even though the standard of living is poor but since we hopped on the next level train things have changed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Bullion Van Collides With Tanker In Ghana, Money Scattered (Photos + Video) / Primary School Pupils In Lagos Inside The Blue Line Train Today (Video) / Bauchi-Ningi: 28 Family Members Traveling In A Bus Die In A Motor Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.