Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,153 members, 7,957,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:38 AM

Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? (437 Views)

Silly Lies Of Our Past / Hidden In Plain Sight: Our Past Is A Lie (Photos) / "A Very Sweet Morning From Me To Y'all" Curvy Lagos Babe Twerks Without Pant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by beauty7: 11:47pm On Dec 14, 2020
Sometime I would not stop thinking about the past, when I was still a child, the play, the fight, the food, the pranks and all.

Most times one wished she could go into the past and re-experience it once again.

It is not that someone doesn't like the present.

In fact most rich and successful people often have sweet thoughts about their past irrespective of whether they were poor and unsuccessful in the past or not.

Some people are often engrossed in the sweet thoughts about the past to the extent that they wished they could just go into the past and live briefly and then come back to continue their present life.

This sweet thought about the past is called nostalgia.

That is why we hear people saying something like "The good old days"

Even a situation that was not pleasant in the past, sometime when you look at it now, you seem to enjoy the thoughts.

When I was a child in nursery 2, one boy kept threatening me in the class every day.

Then I was always afraid and would often worry.

But when I think of it now, the thought is very sweet.

But why exactly are the thoughts about the past always very sweet?
Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by Dufil(m): 11:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
beauty7:
Sometime I would not stop thinking about the past, when I was still a child, the play, the fight, the food, the pranks and all.

Most times one wished she could go into the past and re-experience it once again.

In fact most rich and successful people often have sweet thoughts about their past irrespective of whether the were poor and unsuccessful in the past.

Some people are often engrossed in the sweet thoughts about the past to the extent that they wished they could just go into the past and live briefly and then come back to continue their present life.

This sweet thoughts about the past is called nostalgia.

My growing up wasn't fun jhor.
Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by EzzyCarter: 12:04am On Dec 15, 2020
Hmnnn. Even this post got me feeling nostalgic.. *plays "Stressed out" by 21 Pilots cheesy
Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by beauty7: 12:06am On Dec 15, 2020
Dufil:

My growing up wasn't fun jhor.
Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by beauty7: 12:06am On Dec 15, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Hmnnn. Even this post got me feeling nostalgic.. *plays "Stressed out" by 21 Pilots cheesy
Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by Ever8090: 12:35am On Dec 15, 2020
My growing up was fune in away,I mean in the mist of nothing till date I still have nothing but each time I remember our farming activities back then in Taraba state, hunting and fishing experience.
Setting traps in bushes and sometimes atthe foot of Mai-hula mountain..lol..
Fishing with mum and other villagers was really fun.
Heyyyyy....we use to cook pounded yam and bush meat soup in the farm..
Chai..the earth can never return to her beauty and sweetness, everything don spoil scatter finish..
I remember when we use to attend Christmas picnic on the Mai-hula mountain grin come see dance. Babes wey no bath sef dey Rob cream attend. Omo!!!...you wan try the Awilo Logomba dance that year grin
Sometimes if I see the pictures,tears go wan drop my eyes,I do wish we go back to those days.

I remember the day an aboki bread seller nocked me down with his bicycle on my way to church and gave me a loaf of bread to calm me down,.lol..I got to church and showed my mum the bread she collected it and kept it that I will eat it after church, chai..church no gree end quick,the preacher man was talking trash as far as I was concerned I just wanted to service to end and it finally ended and mum said until we get home,.me!!..we die hear!!...I wasn't taking that anymore,..fiaaammm...I was rolling from one corner of the road to the other the next thing I saw was me speeding home with the help of a very slim cane.. grin

My sweet Mum..hmmm may your soul rest in peace.
She was just different..she was my all in all..
My brother, na we wey grow for village get better past memories...
If I type just half here, you will wish you had such experience too...

Leave am abeg,.the world don spoil finish, nothing to enjoy again....

Abi na babe!!?... just a nice hair cut, with 3 neat lines below your punk and she is bragging about you with her friends.if you come iron your baggie trouser with sharp edges and your shirt is neat, do you need perfume..no..no..no..if you add perfume,na him be say you wan kill all the girls wey dey area be that grin

Chai..this one ehnnnn...heyyyy...I no go talk wetin me and Charity do for bush under tree...hahahaha...if you wan hear am you go need subscribe but the gist sweet die...that idiot wey ...that day...as him.....no gree...take....I beg....I don forgive am Shaa...lol..

Abi na school things,?...when we have to walk miles to school,buy it was fun, I was always close to charity on our way back from school grin you already know the story Shaa..

My dad was one of the best character to leave with..as a retired soldier, that man own na case and topic of its own for another day...rip daddy..hmmm all of una just waka go like that...this life no just get meaning at all....

Anyway..the world don kuku ma.. spoil finish... Fulani herdsmen that were friendly with everyone to day they have become out nightmare...

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by longetivity(m): 2:42am On Dec 15, 2020
Mummy and daddy and football those years
Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by DMerciful(m): 5:37am On Dec 15, 2020
Growing up we weren't rich but there are some old skul songs I hear and I'd have a strong feeling of nostalgia. Life is a beautiful thing
beauty7:

In fact most rich and successful people often have sweet thoughts about their past irrespective of whether they were poor and unsuccessful in the past or not.

Even a situation that was not pleasant in the past, sometime when you look at it now, you seem to enjoy the thoughts.

When I was a child in nursery 2, one boy kept threatening me in the class every day.

Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by Mayannar(m): 6:38am On Dec 15, 2020
beauty7:

*Back Then; No Worries*
*No Competition. No Billings. No Stress.* wink

But now; everyone's waking up to the hustle everyday... Make everyday for gban gban gban. sad
Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by beauty7: 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
Mayannar:

*Back Then; No Worries*
*No Competition. No Billings. No Stress.* wink

But now; everyone's waking up to the hustle everyday... Make everyday for gban gban gban. sad
Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by beauty7: 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
DMerciful:
Growing up we weren't rich but there are some old skul songs I hear and I'd have a strong feeling of nostalgia. Life is a beautiful thing
Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by beauty7: 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ever8090:
My growing up was fune in away,I mean in the mist of nothing till date I still have nothing but each time I remember our farming activities back then in Taraba state, hunting and fishing experience.
Setting traps in bushes and sometimes atthe foot of Mai-hula mountain..lol..
Fishing with mum and other villagers was really fun.
Heyyyyy....we use to cook pounded yam and bush meat soup in the farm..
Chai..the earth can never return to her beauty and sweetness, everything don spoil scatter finish..
I remember when we use to attend Christmas picnic on the Mai-hula mountain grin come see dance. Babes wey no bath sef dey Rob cream attend. Omo!!!...you wan try the Awilo Logomba dance that year grin
Sometimes if I see the pictures,tears go wan drop my eyes,I do wish we go back to those days.

I remember the day an aboki bread seller nocked me down with his bicycle on my way to church and gave me a loaf of bread to calm me down,.lol..I got to church and showed my mum the bread she collected it and kept it that I will eat it after church, chai..church no gree end quick,the preacher man was talking trash as far as I was concerned I just wanted to service to end and it finally ended and mum said until we get home,.me!!..we die hear!!...I wasn't taking that anymore,..fiaaammm...I was rolling from one corner of the road to the other the next thing I saw was me speeding home with the help of a very slim cane.. grin

My sweet Mum..hmmm may your soul rest in peace.
She was just different..she was my all in all..
My brother, na we wey grow for village get better past memories...
If I type just half here, you will wish you had such experience too...

Leave am abeg,.the world don spoil finish, nothing to enjoy again....

Abi na babe!!?... just a nice hair cut, with 3 neat lines below your punk and she is bragging about you with her friends.if you come iron your baggie trouser with sharp edges and your shirt is neat, do you need perfume..no..no..no..if you add perfume,na him be say you wan kill all the girls wey dey area be that grin

Chai..this one ehnnnn...heyyyy...I no go talk wetin me and Charity do for bush under tree...hahahaha...if you wan hear am you go need subscribe but the gist sweet die...that idiot wey ...that day...as him.....no gree...take....I beg....I don forgive am Shaa...lol..

Abi na school things,?...when we have to walk miles to school,buy it was fun, I was always close to charity on our way back from school grin you already know the story Shaa..

My dad was one of the best character to leave with..as a retired soldier, that man own na case and topic of its own for another day...rip daddy..hmmm all of una just waka go like that...this life no just get meaning at all....

Anyway..the world don kuku ma.. spoil finish... Fulani herdsmen that were friendly with everyone to day they have become out nightmare...

Wonderful.
Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
Because we don't value what we have until it's gone.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Thoughts About Our Past Always Very Sweet? by beauty7: 5:41pm On Dec 15, 2020
toren:
Because we don't value what we have until it's gone.

It is very true.

(1) (Reply)

Disabled Facebook Account. / Guys What Are Your Opinions About This / My Crush Secretly Lives Under My Bed : Animated Story Video (completed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.