Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,809 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? (3580 Views)

Why You Experience Heartbreaks / It's Painful To Note That A Shoemaker Lives Better Than Me A Graduate / Lara Kudayisi: "I Had A Child At 19, 15 Abortions & 14 Heartbreaks, Now Married" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 10:26am On Dec 15, 2020
Hello Fam.
Please, I'm trying to gather enough information about the emotional and psychological makeup of individuals based on their own perception of events that have occurred in their lives.

Now, I picked one aspect of this matter - heartbreaks. I believe that most people in the world have experienced this at one point in their lives or another...Either in a relationship (like being dumped), business deal (like being cheated), family decision (like being excluded in a Will), etc.

I see heartbreaks taking a lot of emotional and psycho-biological toll on both teenagers and adults (especially those you think are big enough and have the well-withal to come off it easily, and I ask why? I have seen people sink into depression, commit suicide and even murder due to heartbreaks. We see all these things around us and we either condemn, berate, chastise, encourage or sympathize with the victims going through such.

Now to you as an individual, what is it that really made a heartbreak so painful to you that it weighed you down? Please lend me a piece of your mind. I don't mind a sneak peek into your thoughts and what you've been through in live...Please share with me...(((smiles)))
Thank you!

Please Lalasticlala, Dominique, Mynd44, this post is for educational and research purposes, thus I will highly appreciate if it gets a slot at the front page for wider views and opinions.
Thank you once more!

1 Like

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Olaideolayemi(m): 11:09am On Dec 15, 2020
Initially, they are many to me.Trust,betrayal and love...This is the most painful part to me.If I trust you and love you and you betrayal me..it pain me a lot that I can go depression... That is y,I don't believed in love,I use other parameters to guard myself in case of break up...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
Olaideolayemi:
Initially, they are many to me.Trust,betrayal and love...This is the most painful part to me.If I trust you and love you and you betrayal me..it pain me a lot that I can go depression... That is y,I don't believed in love,I use other parameters to guard myself in case of break up...

Wow....Betrayal of trust...Could you be kind enough to share with me one remarkable instance in your life that was characterized by this betrayal of trust?

Also I would love to hear some of the parameters you've now adopted to guard your heart.

1 Like

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2020
I get heartbreaks when I can't find my weed

3 Likes

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
PopSmoke:

Lol...that means you're emotionally and psychologically attached to your weed.
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Shortyy(f): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
The problem isn't the heartbreak, the problem is the flashbacks.

10 Likes

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Liposure: 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2020
Happy moments. Wish you could turn back the hands of time
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2020
Shortyy:
The problem isn't the heartbreak, the problem is the flashbacks.

Hmm...we can always forgive, but we can hardly forget coz every single thing, no matter how minute, is ingrained in our memory.

Anyway, how do you handle the flashbacks when they come? What's your coping mechanism?

2 Likes

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
Liposure:
Happy moments. Wish you could turn back the hands of time

How fast have you been able to forget the happy moments? You can use any real story of an event that has happened to you to explain this if you wish.
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Shortyy(f): 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
Bobmaintain:

Hmm...we can always forgive, but we can hardly forget coz every single thing, no matter how minute, is ingrained in our memory.

Anyway, how do you handle the flashbacks when they come? What's your coping mechanism?

By getting my mind busy. Thinking about all the great things I want to achieve in life. By so doing, whatever that's troubling my mind will be bygone.

5 Likes

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by walter11590: 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2020

1 Like

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
Shortyy:

By getting my mind busy. Thinking about all the great things I want to achieve in life. By so doing, whatever that's troubling my mind will be bygone.

Is there any particular go-to thing that you use in keeping your mind busy when (a) heartbreak(s) occur(s)?
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Shortyy(f): 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2020
Bobmaintain:

Is there any particular go-to thing that you use in keeping your mind busy when (a) heartbreak(s) occur(s)?

I just told you. Thinking about things I need to achieve
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by gameboy727(m): 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
Memories.
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
na only if the pussy was odour free e go pain me Sha..
coz these days u hardly see a fresh kpekus to knackgrin

1 Like

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
Shortyy:

I just told you. Thinking about things I need to achieve

Alright ma'am. Thanks for your contribution so far.
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
gameboy727:
Memories.

What type of memory pains you the most....The good or the bad? Or both?
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by gameboy727(m): 8:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
Bobmaintain:

What type of memory pains you the most....The good or the bad? Or both?

To be honest, both.
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by helinues: 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2020
Trust, betrayal, unfaithful, Lies

But those are the things that will make one to be more stronger after learning from the bitter side of it.

Bottom line, do not allow external factors to determine your happiness E.g Love, Friendship, Money
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Cooldude90: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2020
The flashbacks will just keep creeping into my vision....

The person leaves but the memories won't.

ItsSOhardTOmoveON

1 Like

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
helinues:
Trust, betrayal, unfaithful, Lies

But those are the things that will make one to be more stronger after learning from the bitter side of it.

Bottom line, do not allow external factors to determine your happiness E.g Love, Friendship, Money

Your Last paragraph...You know it's very difficult to really not let external factors determine our happiness, considering the fact that we are a product of the interaction between our environment and genetics....Nature x Nurture.
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
Cooldude90:
The flashbacks will just keep creeping into my vision....

The person leaves but the memories won't.

ItsSOhardTOmoveON

Hmm...you're the second person mentioning flashbacks...and also memories.

How long do you think these memories could stay before being overcome? Or they can't be overcome?
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
Having too many expectations concerning the relationship

2 Likes

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by helinues: 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2020
Bobmaintain:

Your Last paragraph...You know it's very difficult to really not let external factors determine our happiness, considering the fact that we are a product of the interaction between our environment and genetics....Nature x Nurture.

Difficult but with practice
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by prince2pac(m): 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
here to learn so, never being in a relationship before

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by ReluctantAdult(m): 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
When you can control your emotions, you become immune to heartbreaks.

I can attach to and detach from people at will. No hard feelings, nothing personal cool

3 Likes

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 12:26am On Dec 16, 2020
ReluctantAdult:
When you can control your emotions, you become immune to heartbreaks.

I can attach to and detach from people at will. No hard feelings, nothing personal cool

How do you really get to control your emotions?
I do you detach from people so easily?
I need practical steps.
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 12:27am On Dec 16, 2020
prince2pac:
here to learn so, never being in a relationship before

Lol...please sit down, relax and enjoy the ride!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by Bobmaintain: 12:32am On Dec 16, 2020
Maryjane001:
Having too many expectations concerning the relationship

Please permit me to probe in a little, and this time a bit personal....What expectations did you have in your last remarkable relationship that got dashed to the extent that the pains were so unbearable?
Re: What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? by tobechi74: 2:08am On Dec 16, 2020
Arsenal FC don cut your bet before? That is worse than heart break

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bad Bitch Or Good Girl? / Is This The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland? (pics) / I Know Of A Man Who Married A Single Mom With 3 Kids They Now Beat Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.