Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail (5079 Views)

IBB, Not Buhari, Overthrew Shagari’s Govt — Col. Nyiam / Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) / Why Is IBB Not In Prison? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by oye7: 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2007
Big B1.
MR KNOW IT ALL, PLEASE CAN YOU EDUCATE ME ON YOUR SO CALLED STRATEGY THAT WILL EFFICIENTLY SOLVE ALL OUR PROBLEMS. I REALLY BELIVE YOU ARE ONE OF THE BENEFICIARIES OF THE PRESENT DECADENCE.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2007
It will be a waste of time chatting with you. It seems that you're just a day old on this forum, hence I won't rough you up. Please stick around and with time you will learn.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by angel101(f): 9:59pm On Jul 01, 2007
@denex
U want to dig up the graves of corrupt leaders eh? what are u waiting for? havent any died yet? u say nigerians like the intrigues of home videos, why dont u listen to yourself?! u know about defamation of character abi, and u think u will be applauded when u dig up peoples graves. In case u didnt know, it is a criminal act ok so just get real.

@BigB1
what is so exceptional about IBB that he can nevr be prosecuted? and u have a thread on this site asking for the immediate past govs to be prosecuted. are u not the same one who has been calling for perfection in the way the govt and the country? letting IBB off the hook is not perfection in my book! no one man can be bigger than the country ok. he obviously still has his people in power and that's y he's still roaming free. maybe nothing can be done about him now, but surely he will pay one way or another.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by denex: 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2007
@oye7

you seem not to be understanding what Big B1 is saying. So let me rephrase: SHUT UP!

@angel101

all in good time.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2007
Posted by Angel101:
what is so exceptional about IBB that he can nevr be prosecuted? and u have a thread on this site asking for the immediate past govs to be prosecuted. are u not the same one who has been calling for perfection in the way the govt and the country? letting IBB off the hook is not perfection in my book! no one man can be bigger than the country ok. he obviously still has his people in power and that's y he's still roaming free. maybe nothing can be done about him now, but surely he will pay one way or another

@angel101
You know what? Please go ahead and prosecute this man; it won't take long to realize why i think it will be a totally waste of time and money. Moreover the repercussion will be severely unbearable.

Today, president Bush continues to pay heavily for his stupidity, I'm sure his experience will not be the last.

Go ahead and we shall see.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Tornadoz(m): 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2007
Babangida will one day get his comeuppance, all we need is a president with balls. No one man can be bigger than an entire nation.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Mamajama(m): 11:57pm On Jul 01, 2007
BIGB1 this why I keep calling you a slowpoke. Beside you how many people will feel bad if IBB is found guilty and beheaded? WHO many people will come out and rejoice? I can guarantee you 99% of Nigerians all over the world will come out and dance. the only 1 percent left will be his beneficiaries and your family. I can't even believe you here talking of justice and now selective justice as you called the EFCC> EVEN RIBADU said IBB is the greatest THIEF AFRICAN AS A CONTINENT HAS EVER SEEN.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 12:11am On Jul 02, 2007
It's just MAMAJAMA; no sweat and no pressure.

Dude, could you take your time for a change to read and understand my post?
There is no one here defending IBB; and FYI I have absolutely nothing to gain or lose if this man is prosecuted.

There is a big difference between defending IBB and speculating that it will be a mere waste of time and money we really do not have if the man is prosecuted.
My post regarding this topic is nothing, but just a mere speculation or prediction.

When are you guys finally going to grow up and for once stop following?
It is sad and a shame that we can not hold a decent discussion without getting out of line.
It is totally unnecessary, folks!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Mamajama(m): 12:15am On Jul 02, 2007
you are not defending IBB< give me a break, let me take you back to ODEKU days, I will retrieve some of the old post where I have you on QUOTE defending IBB. DUDE stand your grounds its either you are gay or you are straight. There is no in- between.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by kitaun(m): 12:47am On Jul 02, 2007
@Mamajama

I deal with more of Realism, not Idealism!!! cheesy

what the hell u talking about? shocked

the fact is IBB is never ever going to be prosecuted . . . take it now that its not too hard to take!!! wink

one doesnt need to defend IBB, but rather acknowledge the fact that IBB WOULD NEVER BE PROSECUTED UNDER ANY REGIME WHILST HE IS ALIVE!!! cool tongue
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Mamajama(m): 2:51am On Jul 02, 2007
IBB won't be prosecuted now because HAUSA people stick together. Beside RIBADU how many Hausa men have you seen publicly accused the other of corruption? YAR ADUA does not have the ball to even investigate IBB< but wait till we have and IGBO president and all this Hausa people will be running like headless chicken.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by MP007(m): 5:30am On Jul 02, 2007
have u seen the movie "THE UNTOUCHABLES'? A lot politicians, ex-military officers and civilians will go down if Ibb is jailed, u know,: shit happens
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by denex: 6:31am On Jul 02, 2007
What Nigerians seek is another entertaining round of our favorite drama series: The Oputa Panel. Where people like Gani can debase and run down IBB, Atiku, Danjuma and Abdulsalam.

They'll talk and talk, and they'll spend government funds, everybody will kiss and hug, then we'll end up where we started from.

This is why OBJ tried to make IBB attend Oputa Panel part I. But IBB refused. Now you people calling for another investment from the Federation Account. Okay, let's carry on.

Oputa Panel, watch out for part II! Featuring ex-Governors, OBJ and the gang of ex-Presidents, also starring the hero from part I, Justice Chukwudifo Oputa, and introducing the new Nigerian sensation, Nuhu Ribadu.
Shooting Location: Abuja.
Shooting Format: High Definition
Shooting Budget: $100,000,000.
Client: The Nigerian Masses.
Director: Anonymous.
Crew: M Squad Multimedia
Supplementary Budget: Blank Cheque.
Shooting Schedule: No time limit.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by angel101(f): 10:49am On Jul 02, 2007
we might as well stop striving for a better nigeria then, we dont we just allow every public officer loot to their hearts content and carry on with their lives as usual when they leave office. nobody should be investigated or prosecuted!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Tornadoz(m): 11:11am On Jul 02, 2007
Until IBB is prosecuted and convicted, everything else is a side show. For the man who brought Nigeria to its knees, the man who rewrote the corruption rules, to walk the streets of Abuja a free-man makes mockery of our infant democracy. The cost will be met when we recover the loot, and the "evil genius" is left where he belongs>prison.
Anyone advocating not prosecuting IBB have no moral justification in calling for others to be tried.
For those thinking IBB will never be tried forgets history tells us theirs nothing like "never" in politics.

@denex
people like Gani can debase and run down IBB,
One would have thought by looting our treasury IBB did not need Gani to debase him.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Mamajama(m): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2007
remember IBB sent GANI and FELA to jail
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 4:10am On Jul 03, 2007
The problem here is the fact that we do not have substantial wisdom to see through the dark, we are too uneager and too afraid to deeply think beyond the limitation point and we rather follow than lead. This is because we've been taken for a ride for too long, hence most of us are just used to this indoctrinated lifestyle.

MAMAJAMA, do you remember how I spent several months trying to persuade you guys from buying what OBJ was selling? It was crystal clear to me that it didn't make any sense to be spending so much money and time trying to stop Atiku from contesting the presidential election. During that period many did not see my point.
I clearly stated that let's use the money and time to educate the voters and empower the election process or system. Many condemned my recommendation, while others stated that I was paid to promote the idea. But guess what?
Atiku still successfully contested just like any other candidate.
Now my question is what exactly was the purpose and the outcome of this "stopping Atiku Project"? Because Atiku is still very free and enjoying life with his family and friends, while many lost their love ones over nothing during this period.
Infact, in few weeks it will be revealed that Atiku will be part of this new administration.
Do you guys notice anything strange?
This is the same Atiku that was totally condemned just 3 months ago. Not to take anything away from him, but is there anything wrong with this picture?

It is a shame that we find it very difficult to learn and figure out all these political games. Instead of us to use our common sense, we are so quick to follow and dance behind what ever is new in town. And this is why these folks continue to ride us like a dead horse, we do not think clearly enough.

Guys, Politics is nothing but a game that could only be understood by the bright ones.
Stop this craziness and don't let them continue to brainwash you over and over and over.

The truth is, these people are all connected, internally and externally.
Trying to prosecute IBB at this point will be another total waste. It will not happen, not in Nigeria and not in this world. And if it happens, nothing will be accomplished at the end of the day.

Please, let's save time, money and focus more on stabilizing our economy.
They are all connected, folks
Network guys, do you understand what happens when there is a cut or broken wire in a BUS TOPOLOGY? This is why a man like IBB will never never be touched.

No disrespect, but Gani and others can only make noise and will forever make noise. Their voice will be heard, but absolutely nothing will come out of it. It will just be what it is "Noise".

Corruption is very popular around the world and it is our responsibility as a nation to establish a better strategy to reduce it (because, corruption will never never go away, even if we try). If you don't believe me, go ahead and visit passport office in Nigeria, School board in Nigeria, Port authority in Nigeria, airport in Nigeria, universities in Nigeria, banks in Nigeria, Police checking point in Nigeria etc
And I guarantee you that it wouldn't take too long for you to notice and understand my point.
Even the fire fighter will first get paid before helping you with your burning house or property.
Corruption is a way of life.

Our problem is much bigger than IBB; our problem is you, and you and you and you and you and you and myself (we all represent Nigerian problem). And our problem will remain unsolved till we all settle down and accept this responsibility.

New Administration:
This administration should never allow stupidity to distract them from focusing on important things. They should stay focused and never engage or follow the wrong foot step. There are many other important elements that need more attention than fighting a rat race war.

Education
Health care
Disease
Security
Poor standard of living
Infrastructure
NEPA
Water corporation and so on.

You can go ahead and bash me as usual, but only time will tell.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by denex: 6:58am On Jul 03, 2007
Preach brother, preach. I keep telling them both they wouldn't listen. People want to look at the corruption of government officials only but have you taken time to look at the cancer that has eaten into the fabric of the masses?

Look at your average okada man or bus driver that sees every opportunity of misfortune as a chance to rip off Nigerians. There's traffic jam, 200% price increase, there is heavy rain and flooding, 200% increase. 5% rise in fuel price, 200% increase in cost of transport.

If you find yourself at Allen Roundabout in Ikeja, and somebody like Lucky Igbinedion bashes your car, engage in a fight with him, if these so called oppressed masses will not gather together and beat the life out of you for free.

Corruption is 100 times worse at the bottom, yet we accuse those at the top. IBB my arse! Not that he won't get his fair share of punishment but is he more corrupt than the average motor park chairman who would use union contributions to invite KWAM 1 to his party and spray dollars, while the union members will hail him and marvel at his extravagance like it's a good thing. Have we checked the corruption of the "owambe" proponents? That will block a government road with canopies to hold parties and cause severe hardship for commuters and road users who have to turn back and find alternative routes causing traffic standstills and accidents? Why on earth are they not in Jail?

You people want to create another intrigue for your home video-type drama addicted minds. Don't worry, I'm already writing that my proposal to the federal government for Oputa part II:

Oputa Panel, watch out for part II! Featuring ex-Governors, OBJ and the gang of ex-Presidents, also starring the hero from part I, Justice Chukwudifo Oputa, and introducing the new Nigerian sensation, Nuhu Ribadu.
Shooting Location: Abuja.
Shooting Format: High Definition
Shooting Budget: $100,000,000.
Client: The Nigerian Masses.
Director: Anonymous.
Crew: M Squad Multimedia
Supplementary Budget: Blank Cheque.
Shooting Schedule: No time limit.

GRAB YOUR COPY NOW!!!

God save Nigeria.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by MILITIA(f): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2007
@Topic

Please leave IBB alone oh! We have bigger problems than him right now. As you all know----"evidence" is everything in Nigeria and to Nairalandaires! No evidence against IBB so leave him alone! grin Make una wait for evidence oh! grin Evidence lovers!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by angel101(f): 10:04am On Jul 03, 2007
denex:

Look at your average okada man or bus driver that sees every opportunity of misfortune as a chance to rip off Nigerians. There's traffic jam, 200% price increase, there is heavy rain and flooding, 200% increase. 5% rise in fuel price, 200% increase in cost of transport.

Thanks to corruption. If the roads and drainage were properly fixed this will not happen.[quote
If you find yourself at Allen Roundabout in Ikeja, and somebody like Lucky Igbinedion bashes your car, engage in a fight with him, if these so called oppressed masses will not gather together and beat the life out of you for free.

[/quote]

If the system worked, y would u need to 'engage in a fight with him' u would both have insurance that would pay. also, there would be no need to behave like an animal by 'engaging in a fight'

[quote author=denex link=topic=63152.msg1258599#msg1258599 date=1183442294]

Corruption is 100 times worse at the bottom, yet we accuse those at the top. IBB my arse! Not that he won't get his fair share of punishment but is he more corrupt than the average motor park chairman who would use union contributions to invite KWAM 1 to his party and spray dollars, while the union members will hail him and marvel at his extravagance like it's a good thing. Have we checked the corruption of the "owambe" proponents? That will block a government road with canopies to hold parties and cause severe hardship for commuters and road users who have to turn back and find alternative routes causing traffic standstills and accidents? Why on earth are they not in Jail?

so corruption is worse at the bottom? like they have much of a choice! has the nigerian situation always been like this? when did it start and why? If u can answer these questions they u will probably see the point.

People block govt roads. do u think they just go to the road and block it? they bloody pay and get permission from the local govt. so ur local councillors are to blame for the hardship faced by commuters. another example of corruption and insensitivity to the people they are meant to be serving.

Denex i think u are the one who is more interested in intrigues. y dont u also ask us to form our own govt? afterall i provide myself security, power, water, road, education, health etc and still i am expected to pay tenement rate (equal to council tax) income tax and business tax!
and yet people can fret away national resources and u say i am looking for intrigues. did u crirticize IBB for the parties he had for his childrens weddings? closing a whole airport for their use?
I think u have totally lost the plot!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by TopeOmo(m): 10:23am On Jul 03, 2007
It is because he has power than anybody. And let me tell you the real answer to that quetion. It is because we don't follow the rule of LAW. We say we have law, but the principle guilding it had been long deleted. So IBB cannot be in jail just because he has thev laws on his palms and he also has eraser to earse it at any time. cool
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by MILITIA(f): 10:26am On Jul 03, 2007
angel101:

Denex i think u are the one who is more interested in intrigues. y don't u also ask us to form our own govt? afterall i provide myself security, power, water, road, education, health etc and still i am expected to pay tenement rate (equal to council tax) income tax and business tax!
and yet people can fret away national resources and u say i am looking for intrigues. did u crirticize IBB for the parties he had for his childrens weddings? closing a whole airport for their use?
I think u have totally lost the plot!

Don't you know that denex is the "Esama" of  Tinapa? grin  One of those privileged bourgeois in the south south that is sitting pretty with several off shore accounts in Dubai and Saudi!  Our problems as Nigerian masses do not concern him------yet!  But like I always say ---- E GO REACH EVERY BODY TURN!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by angel101(f): 10:53am On Jul 03, 2007
Na true my sister. we Nigerians only see the light when it hits us directly. If someone we know is not directly affected we go stay dey yarn dust.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by denex: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2007
@MILITIA

I am not rich. I earn less than $10,000 annually and I know that is just a needle in your moneystack. I don't own a car, and I share a 2 bedroom apartment with my cousin. Does that really make me burgeois?

I do not condone anybody stealing money. My own father worked in the CBN as a senior manager for more than 10 and died with no car, 1 delapidated house, a N12,000 bank account and a denied insurance. So if he didn't steal government money, I see no reason why anybody should steal. I see people I don't know sometimes in my family house and they tell me my father was a great man. Supporting people like IBB is just as good as throwing mud on my family legacy. I never backed IBB, maybe you should read my posts carefully. All am saying is that we should not lend our voices to white elephant project that these people will use to embezzle another $100,000,000. Can you guys please tell me what the Oputa Panel achieved? What did it achieve?

What I am saying about this IBB issue is that nobody will bring him to book at this time. Even if they hear our clamours, they will put up a charade of a trial, at the end of the day, IBB will still go free. Can't you see what happened to the World Bank list. A paper released by the world bank itself, showing how many billions IBB stole. When things began to heat up, a whole world bank denied ever releasing that list.

If the almighty World Bank can connive with IBB to make evidence disappear, then who will stand to produce hard facts. You need hard facts to put a criminal away.

As for the Tinapa Project, I am not going there for vacation. I am going to seek freelance multimedia jobs at the Tinapa studios. I believe any Nigerian, rich or poor that goes to Tinapa to have fun is not only a fool with ill-gotten wealth, but is also is one defeating the very purpose Tinapa itself.

I don't believe governor Donald Duke is a thief. I know a lot of government officials that use their sweat and blood to keep this country going while the rest 90% keep tearing it down. With all that happened to Nigeria during the military rule, don't you wonder how it still remained alive? It is painful when you just pick one of these people out for punishment. You're sending a message out to everyone and the message is:
IF YOU DO BAD, YOU MAY BE PUNISHED. IF YOU DO GOOD, YOU WILL BE PUNISHED.

If Donald Duke is found to have mismanaged millions of Naira, I can still forgive him. But if he is found to have embezzled or stolen a single Naira, I will cast the first stone. I will be first in line calling for capital punishment for him. Not just because of the crime, but the guile with which he disguised it. But till the man has been found guilty, I trust him, and I believe he has contributed to the second most productive project Nigeria has embarked on in the last 20 years.

Thank you very much MILITIA.

@angel101

I really do not have the time or motivation.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by angel101(f): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2007
good!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by tasiana(m): 12:35pm On Jul 03, 2007
@Poster

That will surely be the day!
That Man is more than a sacred cow.the day that happens it then means Nigeria has taken her 1st step to freedom from corruption.
God Bless my Motherland.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Colonia(m): 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2007
Guys!!we need to accept the truth,  we all contributed to the state of things in our beloved country. Like i said in the past we are unique creation. ( Nigerians in general) We all need to redirect our energy and lets focus on positive things for once . All these negative recomendation has never helped and will never help us. if we arrest all the bad folks , which is very cool and bring them to justice , are we really addressing the issue from individual household ?. is our outlook toward life better? we all need to pray for restoration . Something is missing in Nigeria until we can identify it i dont know what to say and by the way what is missing is "THE TRUTH".Lets face it ritual kiliings , 419, pen robbery, lie lie everywhere etc. Lets bring INTEGRITY back to Nigeria Peace!
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Mamajama(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2007
BIGB1 your argument then and now still makes no sense. So you are proclaiming we should leave IBB and all his cronies to alone? So For instance Why was TAFA balogun investigated? All the governors that mismanaged the funds should be left alone? Aren't you the same DUDE PREACHING TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY? Now that the orange is falling close to home we should all just accept it and stop wasting money to prosecute this guys. Do you realize if we can get 1% of the money stolen by IBB and his entourage. That will make a significant impact on poor peoples life? The only issue I have with the whole thing is not going to the full length. How can you kill a tree without digging out the roots? It will grow again. Catching and prosecuting the GOD fathers or the so called untouchable will be the best thing to solving corruption in Nigeria. Not only will it send a clear message, but people will start thinking. This is an epidemic and corruption is deep in Nigeria

SO why should Ehindero be probe or Fani Kayode? are they all not public figure like IBB?

BigB1 stop this your crusade
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by BigB11(m): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2007
You continue to mix things up.

You have to be smart to pick the right fight before going to war, my man.

IBB is different from Ehindero.
Ehindero will be finished in just 2 hours and Nigerians will not be deprived of any sleeping time.

Please, stop comparing the two; the different is very clear.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by McKren(m): 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2007
You continue to mix things up.

You have to be smart to pick the right fight before going to war, my man.

IBB is different from Ehindero.
Ehindero will be finished in just 2 hours and Nigerians will not be deprived of any sleeping time.

Please, stop comparing the two; the different is very clear.

Cant believe this is coming from Mr. Unselective Justice?

God knows if anybody lost sleep the day Mohamed Babangida was arrested.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Mamajama(m): 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2007
McKren Thank you.  BIGB1 LESSON 101 for you.  Go google and search IBRAHIM BABANGIDA.  All article there link him as a dictator, a thief a murderer or a TOOTHLESS head of state.  Do you think Anyone in Nigeria beside you will cry if IBB perish today?  Not even people who helped him loot this nation will cry.
Re: Why On Earth Is Ibb Not In Jail by Mamajama(m): 4:49pm On Jul 03, 2007
AND BIG B1 you still didn't answer my question? Why should we go after other people that are accused of corruption and spear IBB?

What more does IBB have to offer Nigerians beside his shameless Ignorant image?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At JamaÁre L.g.a Bauchi State / 3 Reasons Why Linda Ikeji May Not Bounce Back Too Easily. / The Best Of 'senator' Wears Made In Aba, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.