Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) - Fashion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) (107103 Views)

Wearing Of Butt Pads By Ladies (pictures) / When You See A Woman With Waist Beads, What Usually Comes To Your Mind? Be Hones / Ladies, Why Do You Wear Waist Beads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Reelmii: 9:51am On Feb 28, 2021
1Sharon:

And how's that working out fro Nigeria?
u should have asked him which of the laws or doctrines states that wearing is bad
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:53am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
I live in the north and I know Kayamata very well . And I can tell you categorically, that alot of the girls here, use waist beads for diabolical reasons. Many of them cannot even justify the use, and when questioned about it, they would simply say " it is for fashion ".

That's what am saying man, like using something that you won't even be able to defend when the need arise.. Gosh!!!
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Reelmii: 9:54am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
[/s][s]This is not an answer oga.
it cant not be an answer because u are confused, keep the 10 commandments, which one of them is THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE, and leave God to do the condemnation, u have no right to condemn anyone

mind ur business
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 9:57am On Feb 28, 2021
Reelmii:
it cant not be an answer because u are confused, keep the 10 commandments, which one of them is THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE, and leave God to do the condemnation, u have no right to condemn anyone

mind ur business
It seems you are one of those perverted persons who support the wearing of beads but can never justify the purpose of wearing. I just pray that you do not justify homosexuality when it comes up too.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Really?

Is this confirmed or mere speculations.
A Girl Told Me Dat. According To Her, She Said D Hausa's Sells D Beads.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Perfectbeing(m): 10:10am On Feb 28, 2021
Africans were made xenocentric by the europeans. Now everything from African tradition is pagan and fetish while everything from the white man land is good and christiany

Cultures and traditions that are bad should be thrown away. But not every African culture is bad. How in the hell is wearing waist beads fetish and "voodooish" but wearing gold chains and bangles fashion?? Whatever the whites used on us Africans is still very potent even today..

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by moorfyn: 10:12am On Feb 28, 2021
Something that is hidden under cloth you wearing, how can it be fashion wetin person no de see. It diabolic ask questions well. It is worn for a purpose and a meaning. Those who wear it for fashion must wear it outside to be obvious for all to see.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Reelmii: 10:29am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
It seems you are one of those perverted persons who support the wearing of beads but can never justify the purpose of wearing. I just pray that you do not justify homosexuality when it comes up too.
I will not justify homosexuality, neither would I condemn them, I would rather pray Gid opens their eyes to see that what they are doing is wrong..

wen Jesus was on earth, he never judged the sinners, he showed them love, he preached to them, he never condemned them, that was why he prayed for God to forgive them, he prayed for the two thieves that were crucified alongside with him, if Jesus( with all the power he has) did not judge or condemn anybody, then who are we to do so

I understand that u are trying to make people see that waist beads have been corrupted by some people, why not address the voodoo part instead of condemning the ornament itself
u can not change people's mind by judging them u do that with love, even in the bible, the women wore golds ornament but it became a problem when they turned their ornaments to semi gods, and that is where IDOLATRY whispers is part of the 10 commandments comes in, so leave the ornament alone and discuss the voodoo(IDOLATRY) part

u cant say because people are using laptops for Yahoo so owning a laptop is a sin
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Reelmii: 10:33am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
I will not justify homosexuality, neither would I condemn them, I would rather pray Gid opens their eyes to see that what they are doing is wrong..

wen Jesus was on earth, he never judged the sinners, he showed them love, he preached to them, he never condemned them, that was why he prayed for God to forgive them, he prayed for the two thieves that were crucified alongside with him, if Jesus( with all the power he has) did not judge or condemn anybody, then who are we to do so

I understand that u are trying to make people see that waist beads have been corrupted by some people, why not address the voodoo part instead of condemning the ornament itself
u can not change people's mind by judging them u do that with love, even in the bible, the women wore golds ornament but it became a problem when they turned their ornaments to semi gods, and that is where IDOLATRY whispers is part of the 10 commandments comes in, so leave the ornament alone and discuss the voodoo(IDOLATRY) part

u cant say because people are using laptops for Yahoo so owning a laptop is a sin

homosexuality is an evil spirit and a sin that manifests in humans, instead of condemning the them,pray that God delivers them of the spirit, even the bible preaches against it, but the bible does not preach against wearing ornaments, it only says we should not turn them to our gods
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 10:39am On Feb 28, 2021
Reelmii:

homosexuality is an evil spirit and a sin that manifests in humans, instead of condemning the them,pray that God delivers them of the spirit, even the bible preaches against it, but the bible does not preach against wearing ornaments, it only says we should not turn them to our gods

The first paragraph of the statement has condemned whatever message you wanted to pass to me. And it has shown you are one of those fools, who would gladly decline biblical morals and let it be , all in the name of being "politically correct" by not hurting the feelings of others. But that is hypocrisy ; and means you do not stand for anything since you have deemed it necessary to be at peace with evil.

And for your information, Jesus condemned people. And I am here condemning not judging. So get your facts straight and stop being a hypocritical nuisance
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Reelmii: 10:46am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
The first paragraph of the statement has condemned whatever message you wanted to pass to me. And it has shown you are one of those fools, who would gladly decline biblical morals and let it be , all in the name of being "politically correct" by not hurting the feelings of others. But that is hypocrisy ; and means you do not stand for anything since you have deemed it necessary to be at peace with evil.

And for your information, Jesus condemned people. And I am here condemning not judging. So get your facts straight and stop being a hypocritical nuisance
lol.... any where u see any girl wearing it eh, carry cane flog them, make we know say u dey do God work
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 10:53am On Feb 28, 2021
Reelmii:
lol.... any where u see any girl wearing it eh, carry cane flog them, make we know say u dey do God work
Stop being in the middle and stand for something.

A wise man once said "the world is not an evil place because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Reelmii: 10:56am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
Stop being in the middle and stand for something.
I have just told u to flog them, if u cant flog them, then u are an hypocrite but if can flog them, then heaven is ur home

have a nice weekend
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Bansempire: 11:43am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
Did you read my post well? undecided
nop coz I don't have time to read rubbish
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 11:43am On Feb 28, 2021
Bansempire:

nop coz I don't have time to read rubbish
Just say you are too lazy to read and your sins will be forgiven grin
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Altair25(m): 11:46am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
Kindly tell us why any rational-thinking woman would stoop to such an ungodly practice. Also tell us why this practice cannot have fetish intentions attached to it.

You realize... That waist beads are a traditional means of adornment... Right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 11:51am On Feb 28, 2021
Altair25:

You realize... That waist beads are a traditional means of adornment... Right?
Embracing tradition is what has made alot of us slaves to demonic practices. Hope you know...
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Altair25(m): 11:54am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
Embracing tradition is what has made alot of us slaves to demonic practices. Hope you know...

Right... A culturally dislocated type

My bad... Embrace your attempted white man-ship.

smiley
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 11:54am On Feb 28, 2021
paulolee:

lolz...dt wan self na format....girls don de fake am too much n u no fit know wen its real..
Hahahahahaha...so a guy man will release fast and allow her...grin

One of my guy go carry babe with waist beads, as match want start, the guy saw beads, he jumped up go wear scapula..grin

I laughed at his cowardice..and fear of voodoo

Catholics are familiar with scapula (medal).
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by franchasng: 11:57am On Feb 28, 2021
authority2006:

In your own narrow and infinitesimal opinion, waistbeads are worn by irresponsible women and liked by irresponsible men? Wearing waistbeads is an African culture and heritage.
Sorry I remember seeing waist beads and tattoos on Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Ngozi Okonji, Oluremi Tinubu, Onyeka Onwenu, and many other great Nigerian women's waist, no mind me brother, na tramadol cause am shocked shocked
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2021
Altair25:

Right... A culturally dislocated type

My bad... Embrace your attempted white man-ship.

smiley
...and I can see that you are the type that follows blindly just because its in vogue. In essence you are typical a victim of peer pressure and social influences that support immorality under the guise of fashion. lipsrsealed
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by BreconHills(m): 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
Why should a child of God be wearing such in the first place? Will you die if you do not use out such...? Answer me oga

You would have hated the women in biblical times, the likes of Rachel, Ruth, and Esther would have been abominable to you. The stones in their news, the heavy bangles and the golden earringsand the jingling ankle bracelets. Oh and the woman that annointed Jesus..you would have stoned her.

Look I get it there are things connoted with sin but which are not in themselves sin. You believe that a " good" woman shouldn't leave rooms for grey areas. But by trying to create a guard rail around these grey areas you take over the work of the spirit and create rabbinical rules that Jesus said nothing about. You are creating extra layers of moral protection that do not address the real problem of idolatrous and perverse hearts. Some of the people wearing those regulation perfect clothes have filthy and evil hearts which are only revealed after marriage.

Do not rail against the outer man brother, we have much bigger fish to fry.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Altair25(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2021
[quote author=Jashub post=99481687]...and I can see that you are the type that follows blindly just because its in vogue. In essence you are typical a victim of peer pressure and social influences that support immorality under the guise of fashion. lipsrsealed[/quote

I literally lost brain cells reading this... Go through my comment again �... There's nothing 'vogue' about waist beads.

My great grandmothers wore it... No be new thing. You're just being religiously sick.

You're damaged by the society we live in (witchcraft is a thing after all) and as such, I understand.

But projecting your fears into an age old fashion trend is not cool or 'holy' sir.

Have a nice Sunday.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
She even tell me say if i knack am, I no go remember my gf again
Gbengadaniel12:
no be lie, nah Angela nwosu dey sell am for Facebook ooo, those things goes for 50k ooo
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2021
BreconHills:

You would have hated the women in biblical times, the likes of Rachel, Ruth, and Esther would have been abominable to you. The stones in their news, the heavy bangles and the golden earringsand the jingling ankle bracelets. Oh and the woman that annointed Jesus..you would have stoned her.

Look I get it there are things connoted with sin but which are not in themselves sin. You believe that a " good" woman shouldn't leave rooms for grey areas. But by trying to create a guard rail around these grey areas you take over the work of the spirit and create rabbinical rules that Jesus said nothing about. You are creating extra layers of moral protection that do not address the real problem of idolatrous and perverse hearts. Some of the people wearing those regulation perfect clothes have filthy and evil hearts which are only revealed after marriage.

Do not rail against the outer man brother, we have much bigger fish to fry.

Bros I want to say something to you. And whether you choose accept or not that is your own perogative:

Now get this straight : Christianity is not a religion ; it is a lifestyle.

And in this Christian lifestyle, you are not free to do as you please because there rule (laws and doctrines).

These rules were given by God to guide and set us apart from others in society. In essence it is an identity.

We(Christians) use these rules to define how we conduct ourselves, dress, relate and interact with others outside our faith.

Note here that these rules do not give liberty ;rather they keep us in check.

They tell us when to not to go beyond the boundaries God has placed for us.

Now for a bible-believing lady to put waist beads on , brings reproach on the traces of God-given rules and laws in the life of that lady : it makes her look like she is one of those in the crowd of the ungodly.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by habsydiamond(m): 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
If u see some ladies beads eh.... U go think say dem won go join Sunday igboho fight fulani herdsmen..

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2021
[quote author=Altair25 post=99482064][/quote] So because your granny wore beads in her day meant she was not fashionable abi... ? This your our sense of reasoning is like molten cheese. undecided
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by MikkySexy23(m): 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
Perfectbeing:
Africans were made xenocentric by the europeans. Now everything from African tradition is pagan and fetish while everything from the white man land is good and christiany

Cultures and traditions that are bad should be thrown away. But not every African culture is bad. How in the hell is wearing waist beads fetish and "voodooish" but wearing gold chains and bangles fashion?? Whatever the whites used on us Africans is still very potent even today..

Our people have now become more religious than the owners of the religion.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Altair25(m): 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
So because your granny wore beads in her day meant she was not fashionable abi... ? This your our sense of reasoning is like molten cheese. undecided

I don't argue with bigots oh... Focus on your Sunday sermon abeg.

Something like that should be basic enough for you to understand eh?
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Mcslize: 12:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
authority2006:

That doesn't prove anything now. They're runs girls but they are still women. And men still patronise them. What does that prove actually?

It proves that once you meet them you will keep meeting them. Majorly to get men addicted for the love of pusssy. Why are the men patronising them? It is an addictive spirit.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 12:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
[s]
Altair25:

I don't argue with bigots oh... Focus on your Sunday sermon abeg.

Something like that should be basic enough for you to understand eh?
[/s] You are just making noise oga.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by bolagabriella: 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
I know everyone preference is based on what they've seen or heard or experienced. But while we err on the side of caution,we should also try to find out why a particular lady is using it before concluding it is jazz.
I'm a christian (a sound one by my definition though not a perfect one). I saw a friend of mine using waist chain about 2 or 3 years ago and i liked it. So i collected bead from my cousin and made one for myself. It broke after some time,so i went to the market and brought wasit chain (just #200) to replace it. My friends,siblings, cousins and sister inlaw saw it on my waist and like it. They asked me to get it for them and i did and they started using as well. The only thing is i don't use more than one at a time (i believe too much of everything is not good). I would love to use ankle chain too but i didn't cos people already have the impression it's for oloshos. I would hate if someone made an impression about me cos of my waist chain but I'm prepared for it all thesame. I can't please anyone just myself and God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Do I Use To Achieve A Smooth And Spotless Face / How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected / Girls Blasted For Exposing Cleavage In Hijab [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.