Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) (106836 Views)

Wearing Of Butt Pads By Ladies (pictures) / When You See A Woman With Waist Beads, What Usually Comes To Your Mind? Be Hones / Ladies, Why Do You Wear Waist Beads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by AwesomeStormy00(m): 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2021
Wearing it for cultural reason is ok. Culture am told is a way of life.

It is a turned off for me leg chain too.

Yungstallion:
Have you ever wondered about the history of the origin of beads? Their origin is traced back to the African community, especially those with kingdoms like Nigeria and Ghana where women in the royal families wore them and people would use the different patterns, sizes, quality and length to differentiate their status.

Having said that, these are some reasons why women may want to put on beads. Here are some of the reasons.

1 Fashion, Fashion is what every woman desires to have in their life. A fashionable woman is a darling to everyone.

2 Weight watch, Majority of women would use the beads to watch if they are gaining weight or they are loosing it.

3) Cultural Heritage.
Some communities among the Indians value this type of beauty and they always keep it as a value addition.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2021
Juju inclusive

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by banmee(m): 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yungstallion:
Have you ever wondered about the history of the origin of beads? Their origin is traced back to the African community, especially those with kingdoms like Nigeria and Ghana where women in the royal families wore them and people would use the different patterns, sizes, quality and length to differentiate their status.

Having said that, these are some reasons why women may want to put on beads. Here are some of the reasons.

1 Fashion, Fashion is what every woman desires to have in their life. A fashionable woman is a darling to everyone.

2 Weight watch, Majority of women would use the beads to watch if they are gaining weight or they are loosing it.

3) Cultural Heritage.
Some communities among the Indians value this type of beauty and they always keep it as a value addition.

You forgot to add the 4th reason. That it is sexy as phuuuck..... cool

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Hezmatosky: 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2021
I really don't have issues with it, unless there is more to it
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2021
what is fettish about a waist bead abeg. a bead is a bead stop making it into something fetish
Jashub:
Kindly tell us why any rationally-thinking woman would stoop to such an ungodly practice. Also tell us why this practice cannot have fetish intentions attached to it.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by meobizy(f): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2021
I guess this is all the average Nairalander thinks of. Every year I see this same topic make front page at least eight times.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2021
Man, I like girl wey dey rock waist beads like Rebecca man I missed that girl die when doing that wildly dance wink babe d space is still void
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by walyx(m): 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2021
I first saw waist chain on my gf and since then I like seeing it on girls. my wife wears it. when she was pregnant, she couldn't wear it. after child birth,na me gv her money to get bling bling one. like it during doggy..

6 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2021
Ubenedictus:
what is fettish about a waist bead abeg. a bead is a bead stop making it into something fetish
You never waka be that. Once you do, you go know

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by 001spice: 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yungstallion:

3) Cultural Heritage.
I once wanted to have a one nite wit a particular gal immidately i saw that bead my tin just go down
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Logic007: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jashub:
Kindly tell us why any rationally-thinking woman would stoop to such an ungodly practice. Also tell us why this practice cannot have fetish intentions attached to it.

Why is waist bead ungodly?

You see am for bible or quran?
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by general111(m): 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2021
Wetin concern me with waist beed.
I dont sleep around.
If my wife likes it, let her wear it.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by shortgun(m): 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2021
May the gods help our cultural heritage as Africans everything that has to do with our culture and traditions is now evil, voodoo or black magic.

Our children will really not have any identity in years to come simply because we choose to become foolish abandoning our culture and the ways of our Ancestors to embrace alien culture.

8 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by carlleung(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2021
It's mostly worn by south south, especially Akwaibom and Cross river girls
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by naijadrivablog: 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2021
Lefulefu like am. If e de jiggle ontop action. Oh lala
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2021
Logic007:

Why is waist bead ungodly?

You see am for bible or quran?
Why should a child of God be wearing such in the first place? Will you die if you do not use out such...? Answer me oga
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by justmondris: 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2021
Sundrus:
I no know why i no like this waist bead & leg chain. E dey turn me off.

Same here bro. I hate them with passion
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Qpid5(m): 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yungstallion:

3) Cultural Heritage.
Voodoo too
my girlfriend has it on her waist but she refused to tell the reason for that when I asked about it
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Omihanifa: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
All I know is that majority of Nigerian girls wear it as a form of protection.

Majority of those beads are laced with juju.

A lot of Naija IndecentStar on xvideos are wearing it
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by franchasng: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
Sundrus:
99% of responsible men don't like it. Few that pretend to like it, only fancy it on a temporary mistress or girlfriend whom they know they can never marry.

But many ladies wear it and be feeling on top of the world, like they have become the next Kim Kardashian, if only they know that a beautiful lady doesn't even need makeup to get heads turning grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Logic007: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jashub:
Why should a child of God be wearing such in the first place? Will you die if you do not use out such...? Answer me oga

Freedom of expression. Women can wear waist beads for fashion. That is their right and freedom.

I dont think your god will send anyone to hell because they wore waist beads

4 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Lefulefu like am. If e de jiggle ontop action. Oh lala
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy e go make better sense cheesy
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Mcslize: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
Kobicove:
It's worn majorly as an accessory by ladies, it has nothing to do with voodoo undecided

Don't be naive. That was in those days.

In this era and here in Nigeria, ladies wear them for diabolical purpose. Only few wear them for fashion. You've never heard of Kayamata shey? It's fortified leg chains and waist beads that they provide for ladies.

Some of those leg chains you see are spiritually fortified just in case you don't know. That's why you see many runs girls putting them on.

Tinder comes to mind. Go to tinder or Badoo and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Kpandex(m): 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2021
]It's worn majorly as an accessory by ladies, it has nothing to do with voodoo undecided[/

To some ladies, there is something attached to it.
My former girlfriend who travelled to Niger bought hers for 10,000 sefas, and it was meant to prevent pregnancy and contracting of other infections and many more.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Toks2008(m): 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yungstallion:

3) Cultural Heritage.

I love waist beads expecially the silver.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2021
Logic007:

Freedom of expression. Women can wear waist beads for fashion. That is their right and freedom.

I dont think your god will send anyone to hell because they wore waist beads
Bros you fail to understand that those of us who have religion are not "free "to do as you would do. Because we have laws and doctrines guiding our conduct in society.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Mcslize: 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
ArticleBeast:

It has nothing to do with juju. My mother and sister have been wearing since forever. Infact I bought about 10 for my gf to wear. It is just like any other jewelry

Is it everyone that wears waist beads or leg chains wear it for fashion. Some are fortified spiritually. Runs girls have abused its rightful purpose.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by HajiaNotu: 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
I dey wear am steady ...
I laikee lai dat..
Buh I will like change them to gold waist chains(4or5)..

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by MufasaLion: 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2021
Sundrus:

Na your African mentality
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by blazebaba(m): 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2021
If you are wearing a waist bead...even if your character worst pass devil himself...in fela voice*i must enteeerr*
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Logic007: 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jashub:
Bros you fail to understand that those of us who have religion are not "free "to do as you would do. Because we have laws and doctrines guiding our conduct in society.

And show me where in it is wrong in christianity and islam to wear waist beads. Doctrine, my foot!

Even then, why should the foreign religions of christianity or islam dictate your Nigerian culture?

Are you an Arab/Jew?

4 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by MufasaLion: 10:10pm On Feb 27, 2021
DaudaTheSexyGuy:
You Africans must sha read meaning into everything grin

Na why Africa no move be that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I'm In Church And I Forgot My Underwear - South African Slay Queen / Google Shows Agbani Darego As ‘Ugliest Miss World'. Nigerians Angry / ~Understanding Cool,Warm & Neutral Skin Tones & Colours ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.