Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School (34051 Views)

Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) / The Most Stupid Novel I Ever Read. Lol... Oya Guess D Name / Kate Omenugha Dressed In Secondary School Uniform (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:58am On Dec 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:

Don't always say what u don't know, lenrie peters has got his own focus and side hobbies, which may include poems and novels, I have got mine too, far different from his, does it make me less a certified neurosurgeon?

Don't stereotype people my friend, especially on a faceless forum like this.

I mentioned Lenrie Peters to let you know that Literature is a very useful field.

Many scientific inventions of today were inspired by literature.

From submarines to robots.

In fact, the word "robot" was first used in a novel.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Finnestgreat: 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
Things fall apart by chinua achebe,purple hibicus by chimamanda adichie,othello by william shakespare,native son by richard wright,faceless by ama darko,she stoops to conquer by oliver goldsmith,raisin in the sun by larrine hansberry,castle of otranto by horace wolpole
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Oluwasaudy(m): 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2020
Anthills of the Savannah
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by felibrain: 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
Tonymegabush1:
Joy of motherhood by buchi Emecheta.

Sizwe banzi is dead by Athol fuggard
I opened this thread hoping to read someone mentioning JOY OF MOTHERHOOD.
I would have cried if no one did.
That novel moved my emotions I felt as though it was real so I could search for Nnuego and give her a lot of money.

Thank you for mentioning it.

The gods are not to be blame by ola lotimi

Animal farm by George orwell

Chike and the river
Chinua Achebe

Things fall apart
Chinua Achebe

Did some Shakespeare collection..
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by YorubaPrince: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
mansakhalifa:

As a good student of literature, I can tell that you are not one yourself.

Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again and Telephone Conversation are not novels. Remember, the OP said 'novels'.

"Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again", for instance, is not a novel. It is a short play. In other words, drama not prose.

Telephone Conversation by Wole Soyinka on the other hand, is a poem. In other words, it falls under poetry.

Over-sabi too dey some pple sha. You're definitely MADDD! angry
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Ndipe(m): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
Read it again. It contrast the lives of two muslim women navigating the norms of polygamy in modern day Dakar. It's one of the best novels that I have read. Infact, it was ranked the 2nd best novel to emerge from Africa, I think, in the 20th century, just behind "Things Fall Apart" which took the number one spot.

ashawoKGB:
If you really read. Ba' s letter , you are a legend. For me, it was tiring
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Gummygummy(f): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
Second class citizen
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by ashawoKGB: 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ndipe:
Read it again. It contrast the lives of two muslim women navigating the norms of polygamy in modern day Dakar. It's one of the best novels that I have read. Infact, it was ranked the 2nd best novel to emerge from Africa, I think, in the 20th century, just behind "Things Fall Apart" which took the number one spot.

Like I said, it is top notch but tiring
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Bbbwings: 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2020
Four legs Good, two legs better cheesy
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Koya365(m): 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ralia the sugar girl
Dark forest
Aboko kuu
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Anigreat: 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
juicethekid2:
abeg you get that eze goes to school pdf?

No sir
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Flynnthekidd(m): 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
Novels are one thing I'll never know how people read them...those things have 1000+ pages and some people go finish them under 7hours...na wa! "Last Days at Forcados High School"...I don't know if it qualifies as a novel but the guy that wrote that book deserves 10 Grammy Awards!
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Perfectbeing(m): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
Purple Hibiscus, A woman in her prime, Twin detectives, The potter's wheel.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by rachytenny2(f): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
Tell me your dreams
Are you afraid of the dark?
Bloodline.....(all written by Sidney Sheldon)
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by sonnie10: 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
Arika and the magic box
Mutanda the search for Mamondo
Treasure Island
The incorruptible Judge
Oliver Twist
Galllilios Travel
Eze goes to school
Chike and the River
African child
My Mercedes Benz is bigger than Yours
The Jerry brothers
The gods are not to blame
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by classicTutor(m): 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
Uyi168:
Silas marner.
The black boy.
The man for all seasons.
The joys of motherhood.

These are WAEC literature texts between 2004 - 2008.

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Uyi168: 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
classicTutor:

These are WAEC literature texts between 2004 - 2008.
I left sec school in 2010
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by AkuFather(m): 2:05pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kingsasian:
[size=8pt]African night entertainment
Without a silver spoon
lion and the jewel
Things fall apart
Arrow of God
African child
My father's car
Chike and the river
No longer at ease
Beautiful ones are not yet born
Bottled leopard
The drummer boy
Robinson Crusoe
Treasure island
Eze goes to school
One week one trouble
and " the wives revolt."
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Moblux(m): 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
Herbephe1:

books sir

Oops! I left secondary school about 3 decades ago. But I will send you a link where you can get free PDF books of some of these titles. Your email pls
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by mukthar2000(m): 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2020
* Animal farm
* Gods are not to blame
* things full apart
* she stool to conquer
* African child
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Karibo10: 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ah! I can never forget My Father's Daughter by Kola Onadipe. It brings back the memories of my life as a teenager living around Isiokpo street, D-line, Port Harcourt.

I remember scenes in that story and l scream.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Credobee(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2020
The return of ikenga
One week one trouble
African nights entertainment
Ike ikpo jere
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Kingsasian(m): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2020
AkuFather:
and " the wives revolt."
correct
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Chizzychinny: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
Things fall apart, The gods are not to be blamed, the beautiful ones are not yet born, Try another leg, Oshevire, As you go to college
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by bodee(m): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
Uyi168:
Silas marner.
The black boy.
The man for all seasons.
The joys of motherhood.

I don see my age mate!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pupils Sitting On The Floor To Eat Food In Adamawa School (Photos) / 2015/2016 Uniport PG Admission Discussion Thread / Check Out My NECO Result,i Am So Happy. ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.