Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School (33966 Views)

Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) / The Most Stupid Novel I Ever Read. Lol... Oya Guess D Name / Kate Omenugha Dressed In Secondary School Uniform (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by damlawrence101: 10:51am On Dec 21, 2020
ONLY INTERESTED IN TREASURE ISLAND
TREASURE MOST BE FOUND
EzzyCarter:
The African child by Camara Laye
Black Boy by Richard Wright
My Father's Daughter by Mabel Segun
Without a Silver Spoon by Eddie Iroh
Tunde on The Run ( can't recall Author's name )
Drummer Boy by Cyprian Ekwensi
Petals of Blood by N'gugi wa Thiongo
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
Treasure Island by RL Stevenson

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:52am On Dec 21, 2020
Nicklaus619:

So I should also stereotype you and say shit to you and quiz u about science just because u did science in secondary school, When u probably into other field now

You have got a very low mentality

I ain't got time to waste arguing unnecessarily with what will not put more money to my bank account,

At bolded Nah your type they do oversabi at the end you ain't got nothing reasonable to show for it, you stereotype someone even when u don't know or met them before, I left secondary school like 15 years ago, am a practicing neurosurgeon, so u expect me to burry my self reading novels and differentiating poems and plays when I have got a million thing to take care of

Don't Quote or come to my mention again, but if u must, bring your brian this time cheesy

It is your own mentality that is wrong, my friend.

Nothing stops a neurosurgeon from being able to tell a novel from a play.

Reading outside your comfort zone can do you a lot of good.

There are novels on science topics. They are called science fiction.

Lenrie Peters was a surgeon who wrote poems. He used a lot of medical terms and objects to mirror society.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Moblux(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2020
Herbephe1:

pls can you send me some of this on my gmail?

Do you mean titles or the book?
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by sanesta: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2020
It seems I'm the only one that read Edidem Eyamba and the Edikang- Ikong soup cool
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by exynos(m): 10:56am On Dec 21, 2020
DamZik:
Are you a tribalist?

I am from Plateau state -the north central part Nigeria
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by clockwisereport: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2020
Oja dufuo dike by Ray C Anene
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by exynos(m): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2020
ObiaboAdoka:

Guy, did u school in GDSS Jaji?

No sir
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Herbephe1(m): 11:00am On Dec 21, 2020
Moblux:

Do you mean titles or the book?
books sir
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 21, 2020
Honduras01:
cheesy The Sugar Girl. Ralia! grin

primary school tho.

Wow...Ralia the sugar girl!

Nostalgic!
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Majikman(m): 11:09am On Dec 21, 2020
please who has d soft copy of animal farm... I need it
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by SamanthaDavis: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2020
The beautiful ones are not yet born
Mother's choice
The next attempt
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Kyngfarabale1(m): 11:12am On Dec 21, 2020
exynos:
Things fall apart by Chinua Achebe
The passport of mallam ilia by Cyprian Ekwensi
An african night's entertainment by Cyprian Ekwensi
Drummer boy by Cyprian Ekwensi
Eze goes to school by Onuora Nzekwu
did u schooled in Abuja
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Eaglesence: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2020
precy111:
What is that novel you can never forget that you read in secondary school?

me; they are many of them like Woman in her Prime, Ozigolo, Women of Owu, Blind Search, Medicine for Money.

Macbeth
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Nicklaus619(m): 11:25am On Dec 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

It is your own mentality that is wrong, my friend.

Nothing stops a neurosurgeon from being able to tell a novel from a play.

Reading outside your comfort zone can do you a lot of good.

There are novels on science topics. They are called science fiction.

Lenrie Peters was a surgeon who wrote poems. He used a lot of medical terms and objects to mirror society.

Don't always say what u don't know, lenrie peters has got his own focus and side hobbies, which may include poems and novels, I have got mine too, far different from his, does it make me less a certified neurosurgeon?

Don't stereotype people my friend, especially on a faceless forum like this.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by ashawoKGB: 11:29am On Dec 21, 2020
Ghostrye:

a lot of people don't even remember the book, and it was damn interesting
I swear. But I think the bottled leopard is chukwuemeka ike
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by ashawoKGB: 11:30am On Dec 21, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
I don't know if you mean as a literature student cuz I wasn't one but I loved reading those literature books sha.

The ones I can't forget include...

Faceless
Eze goes to school
Purple hibiscus
A midsummer night's dream
Native son
Last days at forcados high school (dunno if this counts)

Etc,etc
young boys
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by AMZYMAYO(m): 11:31am On Dec 21, 2020
Without a silver spoon
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by ashawoKGB: 11:32am On Dec 21, 2020
Uyi168:
Have u also read weep not, child??
Top notch by Ngugi wa thon. Have you read mineboy

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Hintona(f): 11:33am On Dec 21, 2020
Murder at Dawn by Louis Omotayo Johnson
Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings
Jagua Nana's daughter by Cyprian Ekwensi
Iska by Cyprian Ekwensi
Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Faceless by Amma Darko
Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta.

There are more but these stand out in my memory.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Hintona(f): 11:35am On Dec 21, 2020
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by ashawoKGB: 11:35am On Dec 21, 2020
Nicepoker:
Oliver twist
African child
Animal farm
Things fall apart
Adventures of huckleberry Finn
Juju rock
Adventures of Souza.
From the 2nd one to the 5th are legendary. Jim ,the king and the Duke
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by SpicyMimi(f): 11:36am On Dec 21, 2020
Uyi168:
Silas marner.
The black boy.
The man for all seasons.
The joys of motherhood.
Joys of Motherhood is the best and same book triggered my love for novels, as I hated books without pictures then.

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by possibilita(m): 11:36am On Dec 21, 2020
Boys must be Boys
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by ashawoKGB: 11:37am On Dec 21, 2020
Ndipe:
So long a letter by Mariama Ba.

Arrow of god by Chinua Achebe.

If you really read. Ba' s letter , you are a legend. For me, it was tiring
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by ashawoKGB: 11:38am On Dec 21, 2020
Jodha:

The concubine ...I lost that book and I can't find it in bookshops any more...
Animal farm is my all time favourite....I've read it more than 20 times...
You can find The concubine in any eastern market. we sold 2 of our copies last year
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by ashawoKGB: 11:39am On Dec 21, 2020
Moblux:

This is the first novel I read. That was my in primary six then.

Novels Read in Secondary School
A. African Writers Series
1. Efurun
2. No Longer at Ease
3. One Man One Matchet
4. Things Fall Apart
5. Burning Grass

B. Pacesetter Series
1. Undesirable Element
2. Stop Press
3. For Rebecca and Mbatha
4. Too Cold for Comfort

C. Others
1. Consipiracy of Silence
2. Echoes from the Lagoon
3. Eze Goes to School
4. Beyond the Cloud that Never Moved

D. Foreign
1. Gulliver's Travel
2. Great Expectations
3. Famous Five

Yoruba
1. Ireke Onibudo
2. Kuye
3. Nkan Asiri

I should have read close to 300 novels ( not including plays). This because as at my second year in Secondary School, I had read over 59 novels and I was keeping reading log then. Lol!
I think I have read over a 1000
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by joe120120(m): 11:46am On Dec 21, 2020
precy111:
What is that novel you can never forget that you read in secondary school?

me; they are many of them like Woman in her Prime, Ozigolo, Women of Owu, Blind Search, Medicine for Money.

Thingsfallapart,
Romeo & Juliet ,
The marriage of anasciwa.
Eze goes to school,
Weep not child,
Arrow of god
River between,
Gods are not to blame,
Lion and the Jul ..
Africa nite of entertainment,
Etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Uyi168: 11:46am On Dec 21, 2020
ashawoKGB:
Top notch by Ngugi wa thon. Have you read mineboy
I've not.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Nmezor(f): 11:51am On Dec 21, 2020
juicethekid2:
you have the pdf of eze goes to school?
No I dont
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by samsongbemisola(m): 11:51am On Dec 21, 2020
Ralia the auger girl Eze goes to school An African night entertainment Things fall apart No longer at ease A chained Tomb The drummer boy The boy slave
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by LCling: 11:54am On Dec 21, 2020
Siswe Benson is dead
Africa Night entertainment
Oliver twist
Animal farm
Gods are not to be blamed
Eze goes ...
Ralia sugar g....
The incoruptible judge
Twenty thousand league under the sea

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. / 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Study Law In Nigeria / Over 20 UNN Students Dead In Car Accident While Travelling

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.