Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School (34041 Views)

Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) / The Most Stupid Novel I Ever Read. Lol... Oya Guess D Name / Kate Omenugha Dressed In Secondary School Uniform (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Greatfullheart: 8:46am On Dec 21, 2020
Desiiger222:
Who is the author?
ANOMYMOUS
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Heineken(m): 8:48am On Dec 21, 2020
Last duty.. Isidore okpewo.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by obeycian(m): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2020
Mine is IYAWO ALAREDE, TIJAPA TIROKO
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 21, 2020
Jodha:

The concubine ...I lost that book and I can't find it in bookshops any more...
Animal farm is my all time favourite....I've read it more than 20 times...

O really.. these two were my favorite too. The concubine was my eldest sisters novel. Used to steal it from her bag to read those days. It Should still be in major book shops in Lagos if you search very well.

I wish I can lay my hands on Animal farm again. Mehnn.. I really enjoyed that story.

If you're Lagos, you check the big bookshop at Marina lagos island. I believe it will be there.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Greatfullheart: 8:49am On Dec 21, 2020
R0LL0N:

All this one are #20 story book back then and they can never be recommended in teaching syllabus.
hahahahahaha kikikikikikiki funny. 20naira books that are not recommended are the books that are 6st read by student of nowadays. While the mes they recommend they force them to read it

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by charlesucheh(m): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

So, textbooks are also novels abi? Since they are "written in books".

You people just enjoy being ignorant. You are unteachable.

You find a problem with anyone who wants to teach you.

Learn! If not for your sake, at least for the sake of your children.

Will you teach your children that every work published as a book is a novel?

you are the biggest idiot of all time. you don't even know Mr and yet you're sounding like you know my unborn children. The OP would have taken it to an advanced literature section if he wanted experts to comment on it, but he brought it down to FP so even lay men's view can be heard. you acted like you didn't understand, but No! your busy bodied nature won't just let you..

wako!
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by ObiaboAdoka(m): 8:50am On Dec 21, 2020
exynos:
Things fall apart by Chinua Achebe

The passport of mallam ilia by Cyprian Ekwensi

An african night's entertainment by Cyprian Ekwensi

Drummer boy by Cyprian Ekwensi

Eze goes to school by Onuora Nzekwu
Guy, did u school in GDSS Jaji?
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by zhyzhy: 8:50am On Dec 21, 2020
Masters of the board.
By Chris Abani
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 21, 2020
Lotusflowerbomb:
Mother's Choice

No, it was God's big toe. I remember very well.

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by ToneroInc: 8:52am On Dec 21, 2020
CalliDora1:
Mine are...

God's big toe

The Concubine

The God's are not to blame

Born without a silver spoon

Animal farm

Twelfth night. Shakespearen novel

God’s Big Toe... Onwu biko

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 21, 2020
ToneroInc:

God’s Big Toe... Onwu biko

Yeah. You garrit!
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Angelfrost(m): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2020
Fianze93:

Great collections you have here, Akachi Adimora-Ezeigbo and Mariama Ba was missing sha.

I'll recommend you read contemporary writers like:

Chimeka Garriks (Tomorrow Died Yesterday)

Asika Ikechukwu (Tamara, The Portrait of an Artist as a Mad Man)

Odili Ujubụọṅụ (Pride of the Spider Clan, Pregnancy of the Gods, Treasure in the Wind)

Ositadimma Amaka eze (The Last Carver)

If you like feminist novels look up Ngozi Chuma-Udeh, she's like the new version of Akachi Adimora-Ezeigbo.

You won't regret reading any of these novelists.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm quite grateful! I have taken note of them... Will hunt and purchase them into my growing collection.

I read So Long A Letter by Mariama Ba over 15 years ago. It was an amazing read, but not like the classics I put up there. Those are books I read over and over again, especially The Great Gatsby!

I recently read Born On A Tuesday by Elnathan John (A Nigerian) and was blown away!!! Our young writers are doing quite well.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by lagusboyyy(m): 9:02am On Dec 21, 2020
Born without a silver spoon.
I really love that novel.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by adajoe555: 9:02am On Dec 21, 2020
Woman of owu
old man and the sea
A woman in her prime
Lord of the flies
swizi banze is dead
The tempest
The counter bury tales
Her mother's daughter
Joy of mother hood
our husband has gone mad again
Two to tango
The gods are not to be blame
Eze goes to school
Chike and the river
Joy of mother hold
God's big toe
the drummer boy
last days at forcado high school
the Macbeth
Romeo and Juliet
The potters wheel
The purple hebiscus
Half of a yellow sun
Americana
there was a country
one eye Sunday
The concubine
The animal farm
The flood
one week one trouble
Oliver twist
Arms and the man
Importance of being ernest
the blinkards
After the hubhup

and lot more ...... i was told to chose between Literature and government and I choose
literature, I enjoyed reading novels in sec school

3 Likes

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Asiseeit: 9:04am On Dec 21, 2020
Read most of them in primary/secondary school and I loved them. Recently tried getting them for my library, but couldn't.

It's a shame that these books are not preserved, not even digitally. Sad.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Olatara(f): 9:04am On Dec 21, 2020
Joy of motherhood by Buchi Emecheta. Should be sorrow of motherhood, the character never enjoy being a mother just a bragging right ( my pikin dey Amelika).

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Angelfrost(m): 9:05am On Dec 21, 2020
Asiseeit:
Read most of them in primary/secondary school and I loved them. Recently tried getting them for my library, but couldn't.

It's a shame that these books are not preserved, not even digitally. Sad.

Quite sad actually... We don't value literature as a nation. Pity!!!

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by theFilmtric: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2020

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by R0LL0N(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2020
Greatfullheart:
hahahahahaha kikikikikikiki funny. 20naira books that are not recommended are the books that are 6st read by student of nowadays. While the mes they recommend they force them to read it
(Smiles) If questions are ask in such books, they will do well in English Literature.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by xxxXXXxxx: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2020
Nice thread
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by toffyz(m): 9:17am On Dec 21, 2020
ayuataiwo:
Mother’s choice

Brother, please is this the story about Akeju the spoilt boy?
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by vickertony(m): 9:20am On Dec 21, 2020
adajoe555:
Woman of owu
old man and the sea
A woman in her prime
Lord of the flies
swizi banze is dead
The tempest
The counter bury tales
Her mother's daughter
Joy of mother hold
our husband has gone mad again
Two to tango
The gods are not to be blame
Eze goes to school
Chike and the river
Joy of mother hold
God's big toe
the drummer boy
last days at forcado high school
the Macbeth
Romeo and Juliet
The potters wheel
The purple hebiscus
Half of a yellow sun
Americana
there was a country
one eye Sunday
The concubine
The animal farm
The flood

and lot more ...... i was told told to chose between Literature and government and I choose
literature, I enjoyed reading novels in sec school.
Nice list......Add
Old man and the sea by Ernest hemmingway
The blinkards by kobina seyki
Importance of being Ernest-author forgotten
Arms and the man - Benard shaw
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by uchmannn(m): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2020
precy111:
What is that novel you can never forget that you read in secondary school?

me; they are many of them like Woman in her Prime, Ozigolo, Women of Owu, Blind Search, Medicine for Money.
Ralia, the sugar girl
Without a silver spoon
The bottled leopard
The gods are not to blame
Wedlock of the gods
Things fall apart
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by JB4life: 9:22am On Dec 21, 2020
Eze goes to School

Ten in the family

Chike and the river

Onyeoma Emeka

This is Lagos.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by bluefilm: 9:24am On Dec 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:
SMH.

Oga, why are you shaking your head?

I have no doubt in my mind that you also browsed those same 'weekly' novels with me.

Do you know of Lolly that featured Dauda a.k.a Mr. Nackson? tongue

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by adajoe555: 9:24am On Dec 21, 2020
vickertony:
Nice list......Add Old man and the sea by Ernest hemmingway The blinkards by kobina seyki Importance of being Ernest-author forgotten Arms and the man - Benard shaw

I enjoyed reading those novels too

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by juicethekid2: 9:26am On Dec 21, 2020
Anigreat:
shocked

Eze goes to school
The Potter's wheel
Things fall apart
The adventure of Souza
Sugar girl
Oliver twist
The bottle leopard
Most of Shakespearean works
African child
The road to bar Beach

abeg you get that eze goes to school pdf?
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by juicethekid2: 9:27am On Dec 21, 2020
anambraamaka:
Eze goes to school
you have the.pdf?
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by juicethekid2: 9:28am On Dec 21, 2020
Nmezor:
Time Changes Yesterday, Born without a Silver spoon, Eze goes to school, The black Hermit, The bottled Leopard, Lamb tales from Shakespeare, The wives revolt.
you have the pdf of eze goes to school?
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Tundex911: 9:29am On Dec 21, 2020
Yoruba du n kaa

If you know you know
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Quinniscent(m): 9:30am On Dec 21, 2020
The Native Son
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by juicethekid2: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2020
please who have the pdf of Eze goes to school?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma Edo Sate Is The Worst Uni In Nigeria / ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy / Head Teacher Demoted To Gateman, Security Man Becomes Teacher In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.