Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,879 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School (34043 Views)

Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) / The Most Stupid Novel I Ever Read. Lol... Oya Guess D Name / Kate Omenugha Dressed In Secondary School Uniform (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Type532(m): 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
A man of the people by chinue Achebe

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Tangiloo: 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
the only son by John munonye. things fall apart. iska by Cyprian ekwensi. tiger by the tail and mission to Venice by James hardley chase
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by hermesprogidy(m): 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
Hmmm.
Adventures of Suza, Gawd, I read that book over a dozen times and still laugh every time.
African Nights Entertainment
Second Chance.
Eze goes to school
Odessa Files
Days of the Jackal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by writeprof(m): 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2020
exynos:
Things fall apart by Chinua Achebe

The passport of mallam ilia by Cyprian Ekwensi

An african night's entertainment by Cyprian Ekwensi

Drummer boy by Cyprian Ekwensi

Eze goes to school by Onuora Nzekwu

These were the books for me during primary!
Secondary, I remember
Thomas Hardy The Mayor of Casterbridge,
Osifo's Dizzy Angel,
James Hadley Chase series after reading ONE BRIGHT SUMMER MORNING in JSS1...
Nick Carter series
J.T. Edson series
James Bond series

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by exynos(m): 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kyngfarabale1:

did u schooled in Abuja

Had my Pre-primary and Primary education in Abuja. But, my secondary education was in Nasarawa state-very close to Abuja though.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by edego2up(m): 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
Guys una no dey mention King Solomon's mines, mountain zomans' daughter,
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by TheFairest1(f): 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2020
Jagua Nana
Jagua Nana's daughter
The trial of Jimmy Johnson
Things fall apart
Purple hibiscus
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by edego2up(m): 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
If you are an ardent reader of James hardly Chase novel let's see you speak up and I will let you know that I have read all the serries from Romans to crime ie; an ace up my sleeve---(Romans),want to stay alive---(crime)etc
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Kyngfarabale1(m): 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
exynos:

Had my Pre-primary and Primary education in Abuja. But, my secondary education was in Nasarawa state-very close to Abuja though.
u read the same story book as me..... I mean all of dem

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Uyi168: 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
bodee:

I don see my age mate!
grin
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Kyngfarabale1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
kennyflames:
Abeg who has read this novel

SPARTACUS
the novel na mad had 2 read it up 4 times

another one na
AFRICAN NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
this novel is a must read cool
An African Night Entertainment. . . . my all time best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Maydayy(m): 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
philtea:
The child who must not cry.. Still looking for this book

Wonderful book i must say. I think they main characters were oluda and olude. I read this book when I was primary 4 or so. My big bro borrowed it from his Secondary school library then.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Maydayy(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
Olatara:
Wow! You read Silas Marners and black boy by Richard Wright.
My best books ever
Who read the boy slave? ( Shettima of Birni Boko).

The one that he was sold into slavery. He made friends with the sheikh's son .then he later married the sheikh's daughter?
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
An african night entertainment, The passport of mallam Illah, The gods are not to be blamed, King solomon mines, Obangie, The boys slave, One week on trouble, Without a silver spoon, Friut of honesty, Drummer boy, Chike and the river, etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by efealltymz(m): 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
precy111:
What is that novel you can never forget that you read in secondary school?

me; they are many of them like Woman in her Prime, Ozigolo, Women of Owu, Blind Search, Medicine for Money.
Medicine for money!!!!! You must be a deltan. Naira Power....
That was in Jss1 then. Good old SMO Aka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by McGg: 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
elpochas:
That book is a bomb,it was written by Louis Omotayo Johnson in the year 1980.The plot looks like a pacesetters novel.Read that book in 2002.Have you read The mark of the cobra?they are so similar.Really missed the good old days of writing.

Bro I really need to lay my hands on that book it's been over 17years now
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by philtea: 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
Maydayy:

Wonderful book i must say. I think they main characters were oluda and olude. I read this book when I was primary 4 or so. My big bro borrowed it from his Secondary school library then.
Yeah. Twin brothers.. Still looking for it online.. I'd appreciate if anyone can tell me a place I can get it
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Moblux(m): 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
ashawoKGB:
I think I have read over a 1000

In Secondary School? Well you tried then. My log book showed over 300 novels not including plays when I was leaving secondary school
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by junique629(f): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
Cheer up brother, that book was terribly erotic, �
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by elpochas: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
McGg:

Bro I really need to lay my hands on that book it's been over 17years now
haha,i read that book in jss2,its a book i do read because of the sex part then.That book was top notch then,was a book ahead of its time.The mark of the cobra has a similar plot to.Try and look for pdf online with the little info i gave you abt the Author.if you are in the west you can get easily in the bookshop cos it was written by yoruba man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
[quote author=felibrain post=97289011][/quote]

That book "joy of motherhood" by buchi Emecheta I memorized that book verse by verse that then each page u open I recite am without looking. Buchi Emecheta did a tremendous job in that piece of art.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by kennyflames(m): 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kyngfarabale1:

An African Night Entertainment.
my all time best

i dey tell u
i want to buy the novel again i lost mine
the novel na my best cool

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by bibbiana(f): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
Dizzy angel, without a silver spoon, Chike and the river, Eze goes to school
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Supergirl19: 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
cry
drezzyx:
The black hermit

Nice
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Herbephe1(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2020
Moblux:

Oops! I left secondary school about 3 decades ago. But I will send you a link where you can get free PDF books of some of these titles. Your email pls

Thanks I have sent you a pm sir
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Whoknowsme: 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
TooGod942:
morani the courageous queen
By
segun thomas ajayi

Second Class Citizen
by
Buchi Emecheta
I loved that second class citizen by buchi emecheta

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Whoknowsme: 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2020
TooGod942:
morani the courageous queen
By
segun thomas ajayi

Second Class Citizen
by
Buchi Emecheta
I loved that Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta

1 Like

Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by precy111(m): 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
efealltymz:
Medicine for money!!!!! You must be a deltan. Naira Power.... That was in Jss1 then. Good old SMO Aka
lol,am not a deltan but we read it when we were in junior secondary that year
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by themanderon: 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
Macbeth, Much Ado about Nothing, Midsummer Nights dream, Second chance ( still haven't forgotten some of those characters), Passport of Malam illia etc.
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Frankcallys(m): 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
The Limit of Valor
The gods are not to blame
This is our chance
Wedlock of the gods
Things fall Apart
Eze goes to School
Chike and the River
Jewel of the Nile
No longer at Ease
African night Entertainment
Macbeth
Oliver Twist
Marchant of Venice
Treasure Island
Robinson Crusoe
Drummer Boy
Adventure of Souza

Isi akwu dara n'ala
Ala Bingo
Chinagorom
Chidi afo nri
Ukwa ruo oge ya

The troublesome characters in the last 2 novels points to me. Those are my nicknames lol

One week one Trouble
Mezie the Ogbanje Boy
Re: The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School by Hullabaloon: 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
9jaBloke:
Oliver Twist
The Burning Grass
Samankwe and the Highway Robbers
Arms and the man
She stoops to conquer
Chike and the river
Wedlock of the gods
Echi di ime
Tales out of school
Adventures of Souza
The African Child
The virtuous woman
Animal Farm
The mayor of Casterbridge
The Potter's Wheel
The Concubine
Lamb Tales from Shakespeare
Twelfth night or what you will

Literature was my favourite subject and I was a library rat. I read over 100 novels but the ones listed were in our curriculum.

Adventures of Souza. Funniest novel I've ever read.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma Edo Sate Is The Worst Uni In Nigeria / ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy / Head Teacher Demoted To Gateman, Security Man Becomes Teacher In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.