Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update (55657 Views)

Eko Atlantic Newest Updates In Pictures / ABC Orjiakor Buys Eko Atlantic Afren Tower / Eko Atlantic Taking Shape - Latest Beautiful Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by kayusely70(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2020
Mgbadike80:
Those making those posts are not Igbos but government paid online influencers trying to turn the thread into a Yoruba vs Igbo trade of insults.
Thanks I Appreciate
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by ShitStain(m): 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
rossniti:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6880262_5kkanpk_jpeg536d9c62b5b4a0fa56afa304eeb439de

This is beautiful bro.
I want to ask,are there any provision for alternative sources of transportation like light rails and trams?
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by marsman: 1:06pm On Dec 22, 2020
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u if it is govt sponsored or private driven. It's about when it started. Even d start date u put there is wrong. Work started at around 2008 not 2013.

U talking of prediction as if it is a football match. So therefore, no one knows for sure when it will be completed
I know of the Internet site that was opened in 2008. Work started officially in 2013.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by marsman: 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2020
lexy2014:

"A beauty to behold already" to d extent u are comparing it with Dubai. How many buildings are standing on d premises?

According to u:

"Projects like these doesn't get to completion just like Dubai projects"

But u are comparing it with Dubai.

"it's add values and systematically develop to open architectural evolutionary trends. That's what we call Development."

Development in what sense?
Don't quote me wrong, this is what i said. "Projects like these doesn't get to completion just like Dubai projects, it's evolves dynamism every seconds, it's add values and systematically develop to open architectural evolutionary trends." It is going to be evolving in the process of building, If that not a development what is it man, or maybe we should continue building our 2 storey building hotels, because you think the country is not developed. What about the numerous Job it is going to create, tourist attractions, will that not add to the economy of the country, more money to.pursue other things.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by Vlain: 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2020
ednut1:
money never go, project will be slow ni. Those wet buy plots are not complaining lol. Common sanfilling they have stopped since 2018 or so

That is phase 1. They will need to develop phase 1 to a reasonable extent before reclaiming further for more availability of lands to buyer in the future. Common sense.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by marsman: 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2020
lexy2014:

"A beauty to behold already" to d extent u are comparing it with Dubai. How many buildings are standing on d premises?

According to u:

"Projects like these doesn't get to completion just like Dubai projects"

But u are comparing it with Dubai.

"it's add values and systematically develop to open architectural evolutionary trends. That's what we call Development."

Development in what sense?
What your point really... Are you not in support of the project? If yes, why?...Even if you are acting realistic like some thing, i think you should be able to appreciate something good when you see it. This project will.meet the present Dubai, it will even surpass the present dubai hotel and environs
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by Abohboy: 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2020
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u if it is govt sponsored or private driven. It's about when it started. Even d start date u put there is wrong. Work started at around 2008 not 2013.

U talking of prediction as if it is a football match. So therefore, no one knows for sure when it will be completed

Sand filling took 5 years so yes construction did start in 2013-2014
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by Abohboy: 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2020
Atlas9:

No mind them. This is the dictionary definition of white elephant / misplaced priority project. It's like putting a gold ring on a pig's nose. Ignore the fundamental problem and fly to the top of the pyramid. Build multiple storey skyscrapers when we are not good at maintaining elevators. We don't have electricity. We don't have maintenance culture. Abegiii

This is a private project with absolutely no government funding so ehat white elephant are you speaking of, if you want to provide electricity to the people do it yourself and stop lamenting.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by EMMY76: 2:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
Impressive this is really very massive based on nigerian standards.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by EMMY76: 2:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
Can all these computer designed prototypes be replicated in reality that is just the big question.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by Abohboy: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
EMMY76:
Can all these computer designed prototypes be replicated in reality that is just the big question.

The Eko Pearl towers and afren tower is evidence that they stick to the computer generated models, so let’s just wait five years and see the progress on it.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by kingbobby: 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2020
rossniti:

Private developers are the ones building up this place. Not government.

So who is ''abandoning'' anything?

Are you not a private person?

What stops YOU from erecting something there?

Nah.. You're far too broke, ignorant, and disgruntled, and feed on negativity instead.

Negativity is your food, not development.

Worthless.
He is 100% correct Nigeria is a failed country, it seems you share from their vicious loot. but know this the wicked cannot go unpurnish.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by Abohboy: 2:48pm On Dec 22, 2020
kingbobby:
He is 100% correct Nigeria is a failed country, it seems you share from their vicious loot. but know this the wicked cannot go unpurnish.

Continue with that mindset to your grace, our country will succeed whether you like it or not.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by Divoc19(f): 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2020
God of my dreams
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by ideylaff: 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2020
israelinvests:
look for the prototype before u judge..

In the midst of abject poverty. Very laughable in my opinion.

Dubai provides the basics for its citizens and then build infrastructure when those things were in place.

We are trying to run without crawling.

At this rate another serious End SARS uprising will swallow residents of the so called Eko Atlantic if care is not taken

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 22, 2020
ShitStain:

This is beautiful bro.
I want to ask,are there any provision for alternative sources of transportation like light rails and trams?

The original masterplan features tramway system and waterway transport. Very comprehensive vision and planning. See the full infrastructure blueprint below.

https://www.ekoatlantic.com/latestnews/press-clipping/eko-atlantic-city-lagos/

Transportation includes an eight-lane coastal highway, a tramway system, a ferry system, 20km of internal waterway, and a 100km internal network of roads connecting all districts. Eko Atlantic also includes a pedestrian and transport strategy that is designed to reduce road use, minimise traffic congestion and create off-street parking for all vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by walefresh3(m): 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
[b][/b]EKO ENERGY ESTATE.....

Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by JohnBullMySon: 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2020
Abohboy:

The Eko Pearl towers and afren tower is evidence that they stick to the computer generated models, so let’s just wait five years and see the progress on it.
I admire your optimism,as well as rossniti the OP. but let me tell you the truth. when completed, it would not be near those prototypes in terms of building size and heights. you can already notice it from the buildings constructed already. I know quite some stuff about real estate. first of all, the fact that they are reclaiming the land will make that land very costly due to costs of reclaimation. Secondly, to raise such structures, you need serious dollar billionaires who are committed the project with all their heart. that's hard to find in Nigeria. thirdly it will be very hard to convince investors that the buildings there will be profitable to sell. up till now Dubai real estate market is still crashing. and their government has heavily borrowed from Abu Dhabi. their government has built many structures and can't convince enough people to buy. even Singapore real estate is not steady. for eko Atlantic now cheaper competition is Springing up in lekki (alaro city) and there is not much demand for office spaces as there are so many indices that result in market instability in Nigeria. there is simply not enough enterprises in Nigeria yet to justify that what was drawn there will be a reality. the place will be nice and beautiful and will definitely have stunning (Africa standard) high-rise buildings here and there. but all those out of this world skyscrapers I'm seeing, is just unrealistic.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by Trogge: 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2020
candidtalk:

Do you people read at all? How many times will it be repeated here that this is a privately-funded project aimed at the luxury end of the market like Banana Island etal?

Because many are poor in Nigeria we should hang the rich, make them live like poor people, insist they give up their money for the poor or just guilt-trip them into living in face-me-I-face-you properties in Ajegunle and Agege over poverty of others they did not cause and have no blame over?

Some of you should look at yourselves and the animals you are allowing yourselves to become. I have no doubt you and others here will harm rich folks and rationalize it to yourself that "they deserve it".

Go and face government for the poverty afflicting Nigerians and stop hating on rich and successful people who have the right to live as they want.

Your talk just shows you have personally given up all hope of ever being rich and successful.
. Even a dog is loyal to its owner. Singapore does not have any mineral resources, yet look at them today. What's my business with the rich, or you think everyone would be rich. Common sense is not not common. Go and build a skyscraper in Afghanistan or Pakistan and see whou would love There. Even if the rich afford it, is that a benefit to the nation.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by Abohboy: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
I admire your optimism,as well as rossniti the OP. but let me tell you the truth. when completed, it would not be near those prototypes in terms of building size and heights. you can already notice it from the buildings constructed already. I know quite some stuff about real estate. first of all, the fact that they are reclaiming the land will make that land very costly due to costs of reclaimation. Secondly, to raise such structures, you need serious dollar billionaires who are committed the project with all their heart. that's hard to find in Nigeria. thirdly it will be very hard to convince investors that the buildings there will be profitable to sell. up till now Dubai real estate market is still crashing. and their government has heavily borrowed from Abu Dhabi. their government has built many structures and can't convince enough people to buy. even Singapore real estate is not steady. for eko Atlantic now cheaper competition is Springing up in lekki (alaro city) and there is not much demand for office spaces as there are so many indices that result in market instability in Nigeria. there is simply not enough enterprises in Nigeria yet to justify that what was drawn there will be a reality. the place will be nice and beautiful and will definitely have stunning (Africa standard) high-rise buildings here and there. but all those out of this world skyscrapers I'm seeing, is just unrealistic.

It was conceived when Nigeria was having an economic boom which was point before, the project is slow because the economy is slow, if and when manufacturing and agriculture oic up in Nigeria and are giving proper attention by the government and Nigeria starts to grow quickly, more projects like this will spring up and there will be actual demand for it, we have to wait for that time to come in the meantime we have to work with what we have, even if the buildings are not super tall at least they are modern and stylish edifices all concentrated in one area.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by laiperi: 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2020
Rossniti before I disagree with you, I have to tender my respect for your optimistic views most of the times.

A few well placed corrupt Nigerians and in this case so called Lagosians are selling Lagos birthright and land away.

If they want to develop Lagos as you claim, there are many prime areas in Lagos begging for development. Every year, areas are overtaken by flood and rain. The city of Lagos is congested.

If they want to develop Lagos, those places would be priorities. But these areas have entrenched Sons of the Soil that would negotiate and make sure they remain owners after development at affordable price.

Lagosians are not American Indians and African Americans that can be easily replaced by declaring their land a slum for Urban Renewal. Then sell it to foreigners by those that have no connection or origin in Lagos. In other words leaving Lagosians dispossessed.

As for your example of Shoprite, many Nigerians do not get it. Nigeria is the world Capital of Poverty because out of 200 millions or so, 10 to 20% are filthy rich as Politicians and crony businessmen. 10 or even 20 millions is a large population in African and European countries but not in Nigeria!

They can afford any market in the world including Shoprite, Dubai or Atlantic City

BUT at the expenses of 80% Nigerians and even more people in Lagos dipping further into Poverty!

Tinubu, Chagoury group and their cronies making money and selling Lagos can be counted on our fingers.

Se you get? This is how the richest country in Africa before Oil Income became the Poorest after Oil Income.

Lagos is not for SALE!

rossniti:

Stop thinking that people are too poor to afford stuff in Nigeria or Africa.

I remember when Shoprite were considering entering Nigeria a few years ago.

On this very Nairaland and other forums, you had many people saying that Shoprite were wasting their time coming to Nigeria, as only the ''very few rich politicians'' could afford to shop in malls, and that the average Nigerian was living on ''less than a dollar a day'', and was therefore far too poor to patronise shopping malls or help them make a profit.

Shoprite rightfully IGNORED all the naysayers and pessimists, and entered the Nigerian market.

The result? They can't even cope with the level of demand, and are building more and more outlets all over Nigeria, some in places as unlikely as Awka and Aba and Oshogbo!

That is why nobody should EVER listen to Nigerians when thinking of doing business in Nigeria.

I've never seen a people with so much to offer, yet who think so low of themselves.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by UnimkeAk(m): 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2020
Bialegend:
After Biafra is restored, we will show you guys how to build cities. Zoo is a joke.
The governors and politicians in the east are from where?

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by simplelad(m): 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2020
Davido next agenda. How to move to EKO ATLANTIC. He has the money abi, e go tire.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by ShitStain(m): 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2020
candidtalk:

The original masterplan features tramway system and waterway transport. Very comprehensive vision and planning. See the full infrastructure blueprint below.

https://www.ekoatlantic.com/latestnews/press-clipping/eko-atlantic-city-lagos/

this is nice bro.
I pray God keeps us alive to be able to live there when it's finally completed.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by Coquinoqui: 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2020
Eko Athletic Eko Athletic have be seeing same thing over the years just 2 sky scrappers
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by lexy2014: 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2020
Abohboy:

Sand filling took 5 years so yes construction did start in 2013-2014

Sand filling is part of d work. It isn't separate activity from d construction that u say started in 2013
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by lexy2014: 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2020
marsman:

What your point really... Are you not in support of the project? If yes, why?...Even if you are acting realistic like some thing, i think you should be able to appreciate something good when you see it. This project will.meet the present Dubai, it will even surpass the present dubai hotel and environs

What has my success or otherwise got to do with d discussion or d success or failure of eko Atlantic. U allege that eko Atlantic compares to Dubai & so far, u haven't been able to state how it compares
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by lexy2014: 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
marsman:

Don't quote me wrong, this is what i said. "Projects like these doesn't get to completion just like Dubai projects, it's evolves dynamism every seconds, it's add values and systematically develop to open architectural evolutionary trends." It is going to be evolving in the process of building, If that not a development what is it man, or maybe we should continue building our 2 storey building hotels, because you think the country is not developed. What about the numerous Job it is going to create, tourist attractions, will that not add to the economy of the country, more money to.pursue other things.

D building of a story building, market creates jobs. Sweeping d streets creates jobs. Since u aren't even sure when d project is going to be completed, what tourist attraction are u referring to? In terms of adding to d economy, so if eko Atlantic isn't completed, nothing will be added to d economy? "More money to pursue which other things"?

This is quite funny:

"Projects like these doesn't get to completion just like Dubai projects, it's evolves dynamism every seconds, it's add values and systematically develop to open architectural evolutionary trends."

How are Dubai projects completed? What is d dynamism in eko Atlantic that hasn't been seen anywhere before? What exactly is the value that is added and the architectural evolutionary trends that you are referring to?

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by Josywhyte: 7:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
A project that will take over 20yrs to finish
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by marsman: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
lexy2014:

D building of a story building, market creates jobs. Sweeping d streets creates jobs. Since u aren't even sure when d project is going to be completed, what tourist attraction are u referring to? In terms of adding to d economy, so if eko Atlantic isn't completed, nothing will be added to d economy? "More money to pursue which other things"?

This is quite funny:

"Projects like these doesn't get to completion just like Dubai projects, it's evolves dynamism every seconds, it's add values and systematically develop to open architectural evolutionary trends."

How are Dubai projects completed? What is d dynamism in eko Atlantic that hasn't been seen anywhere before? What exactly is the value that is added and the architectural evolutionary trends that you are referring to?

I said it will add to the economy, how does that mean nothing is being added to the economy, more money to invest in other sectors, like Education, Agriculture, Power. Remember it is not the Government that is building it, it is been done by private Investors.
Tourist don't get attracted, to water falls and volcanoes alone. When Eko Atlantic is completed, it is is going to be attracting spectators from all over the world, just like the numerous Skyscrapers in Dubai were our Politicians go to squander our money.
By dynamism i mean they might not even follow the stated blue print, as it is being built new things and developmental plans will be Introduced.
when its is completed, at least 2024 according to prediction, is it going to be Animals that will be working in the different buildings? With the rising rate of Unemployment in the country, do you still think we should remain static and not have investments like this that will feed the numerous skilled and unskilled workers we have in the country.
Eko Atlantic won't be a static place after completion it is a place, that even after Completion it will keep adding on value, adding on value, changing in style and development.
Re: Eko Atlantic - Nigeria's Answer To Dubai. New Constructions And Update by marsman: 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
lexy2014:

What has my success or otherwise got to do with d discussion or d success or failure of eko Atlantic. U allege that eko Atlantic compares to Dubai & so far, u haven't been able to state how it compares
Didn't mention your success, i said is it a sin to appreciate this great architecture and Landscape designs, even if you are being realistic. Like i said before,I have seen the blueprint, and i am sure it can compare to the present beautiful areas of Dubai, were we have there skyscraper. Dubai wouldn't remain static, neither will Eko Atlantic. Look forget the fact that it will be ale to compare with Dubai, it IS going to be a place that will be adding value coupled with progressive innovations in the different stages of it development. It will be able to Compete with Dubai after Completion, because it is not being built to be like dubai, it is being built in it own image to surpass dubai.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) / Abandoned Mansions: Estate Deserted In Abuja (Photos) / XAMMEL Solutionz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.