Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth (44556 Views)

I Was Diagnosed With A Case Of Very Low Testosterone / Doctor Gilbert Afam Gini: Decomposing Body Found In Hospital Months After Death / Woman Shares Photos Of Her 4 Sons: "Doctor Said I Didn’t Have Enough Eggs" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by BlackfireX: 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
DNA test... But are you ready for the truth
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Obagreatdatoye(m): 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
Go to public hospital bro....
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Babapyro: 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ghen ghen
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by jaxxy(m): 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
Are u suspecting ur wife or what are u trying to say? Come out straight

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by brain54(m): 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
well...I am not a medical expert...but I don't think low sperm count makes it impossible to father a child...it just "slows down" the probability... like I said am not an expert and this is my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Jiberi: 1:20pm On Dec 23, 2020
Oligospermia/low sperm count does not necessarily mean you're infertile.

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Joanney: 1:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
Just go for a paternity test.Shikina!!
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
michael03:
I was married 2018 and I stayed in abuja while my wife stay in ogun state due to job, so in August 2019 she got pregnant and in March 2020 surgery was done in order to bring out the baby due to her increase bp cos we could not wait for her to give birth in May as a result of increase blood pressure.

The surgery was successful and d baby was put in incubator but after 5 days d baby died.

So in June I went to doctor for check up and tests were carried out i.e semen analysis, testosterone analysis, urinalysis and uric msc. It was confirmed I was having a very low sperm count of just 2.8 million sperm count instead of anything from 15-20 million that can fertilize an egg to b able to get pregnant.

I don't understand why a man will be treated for infertility just 2 months after his wife gave birth.

check another doctor n if its same result den ur wife was fucking someone else

simple solution

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
your story doesn't sound complete.
why did you go for sperm analysis in the first place?
where you having low sperm count before your wife got pregnant?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
Does having a low sperm count mean, you can't father a child?
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by SpaceAngel: 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
You are not sterile na so can have children. Why did you even go for the test in the first place.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by King44(m): 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
Na like this third world war dey take start o

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by amanzejude(m): 1:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
If not that the baby is dead. I would have suggested you go for DNA test.

Did one wey be say you dey for Abuja, and your wife dey for Ogun state....

michael03:
I was married 2018 and I stayed in abuja while my wife stay in ogun state due to job, so in August 2019 she got pregnant and in March 2020 surgery was done in order to bring out the baby due to her increase bp cos we could not wait for her to give birth in May as a result of increase blood pressure.
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by mjlumideee(m): 1:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
U stay in different states because of work, SFA says u have a low sperm count, had pregnancy induced hypertension (doctors in the house might understand the relationship here) ........., I won’t say more
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Doxkelly1(m): 1:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
You need only one sperm cell to fertilize an egg. Please put all these energy to making your wife pregnant.

Unless you are indirectly tell us that you don't want her anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by amanzejude(m): 1:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
Very intelligent question.

Nairalandgirl:
your story doesn't sound complete
why did you go for sperm analysis in the first place?
where you having low sperm count before your wife got pregnant?

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Deepthoughts: 1:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
michael03:

The surgery was successful and d baby was put in incubator but after 5 days d baby died.

So in June I went to doctor for check up and tests were carried out i.e semen analysis, testosterone analysis, urinalysis and uric msc. It was confirmed I was having a very low sperm count of just 2.8 million sperm count instead of anything from 15-20 million that can fertilize an egg to b able to get pregnant.

I don't understand why a man will be treated for infertility just 2 months after his wife gave birth.
If the baby was alive,I would have suggested you do a DNA test to ascertain the paternity if the child but as it is now I think you should repeat the test elsewhere then proceed from there.
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
Doctors go hear am todaygringrin. A large percentage of Nigerian Doctors especially those in private hospitals are there to sustain your sickness. I am a living testimony and I escaped from their Talons

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by King44(m): 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
michael03:

visit two more standard hospitals and try two more doctors, public and private before you conclude
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by RedPanthar: 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
hashtagged:
All these doctors are scam especially if it's a private hospital. I went to hospital cause my ear was blocked and oga doctor started giving me drugs of 50000 naira to buy for Infection and telling me to be coming every week to waste money, I later went to public government hospital and they told me to bring 5k to flush my ear, no drugs and after the flushing my ear was as good as new. Doctors are broke scammers don't trust them.

How is the ear flushing process like?
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Champneys: 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
michael03:

E dey happen, please commence treatment ASAP.
May God give you another child soon.
Blessings.
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Centcanada: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
Its not the fault of the doctor. God did a miracle for you.
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by fredoooooo: 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
This remind me of my dentist , baba want to dey chop money every month for control .. since then till date i never show up grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Trustedpro: 1:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
It could be reason for your wife's incessant high blood pressure. Maybe you are not the one that impregnated her. She could not withstand the guilt. Anyway na you carry your matter come here if not I for no know. But you can. Consider checking other lab!

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by DisGuy: 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sorry about your loss

Experienced something similar but baby alive and well...pre-eclampsia

Try the test again some months apart
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by olisefom: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
It is better not to say some things, but this your snake get long leg inside.
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by osusuallstars: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
What lead you into going for the test just two Years in marriage and one pregnant already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by LordReed(m): 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
michael03:

Because you don't understand what low sperm count means. Low sperm does not mean you can't get your wife pregnant, it just means the chances are lowered epecially if the cause of the low sperm count also affects the morphology of the sperm. The morphology of the sperm determines the viability of the sperm after it has been discharged, the more deficient sperm cells are present the lower the chance you get a sperm cell that will be strong enough to intercept the ovum.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by 9icest: 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
There is nothing wrong with your marriage. I was once suffering from moderate sperm count and while on medication (BP meds) my count fell to zero (Azospermia) and I am still battling it with drugs and making moderate progress. I strongly believe you and I shared similar lifestyle. I work overnight, and I go through tremendous stress daily such that it almost destroyed my health. Just relax, comfort your wife and if your wife is getting close to 40, proceed to IVF or get a sperm donor. While I lived in the UK, over 50% of the oyinbos use IVF and sperm donor to conceive. Don’t be another primitive Africa who isn’t aware that infertility is today a global health challenge and seek help

7 Likes

Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by tamdun: 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
Oga go General hospital
Re: Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth by Duru009(m): 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
Why going for another test....

I will strongly advise you to do a DNA test immediately......

The earlier the better !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read / Lagos Govt bans sale, Use & distribution of take-away Packs, Single-use Plastics / Once Upon A Time In Nigeria: Do You Remember This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.