Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Sad Truths About Living Abroad - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sad Truths About Living Abroad (80281 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About / Some Tips About Living In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Ndipe(m): 11:01pm On Dec 23, 2020
LLSAINT:
Good right up.
Abeg, e never late make we do exchange.
Make I go there and you come here. The following will be your experience:
1. Kidnapping everywhere to the point that a full bus loaded with passengers were kidnapped
2. The slightest noise, is presumed to be a bomb where people just run without even knowing the cause
3. You hold money to pay armed robbers in uniforms and in mufti in case yawa gas
4. Your one pound is my N700
[b]5. No job let alone facing job discrimination[/b]
6. We thin because we regulate our feeding formular 001 (Morning, Afternoon, night)
The list is endless.....
We prefer to be a dog in the city than to remain a lion in an empty and corrupt jungle.

There is also job discrimination abroad. Have you heard of this saying that blacks are the last to be hired and first to be fired? Abroad is not a bed of roses.

10 Likes

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Frustrated007: 11:01pm On Dec 23, 2020
whatever works for you bro.
Personally I'm done with them.
I will only date girls from other races that appreciate me.
Thank God say money dey.
Make I just prepare my papers, japa!
gregyboy:

Bros relax every woman get their issues not only nigerian women oo,
European women would patiently wait for you to Bleep up so she can sue you and take her husband property the laws protect them more so the men begs them for their mercy but yet the whitemen still put them untop and still sort after them,

Our women only have finical issues the behavioral issues are curtail by our own culture

I would rather be with a nigerian lady than any other lady in the world,

So leave that thing nigerian ladies are the best
No race is perfect

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by SeriouslySense(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
I have friends from other countries, that are just friendly, no agendas, besides i have to focus on my self improvement, which needs a lot of time in developing skills, i have always been a person that appreciate quietness as much as peoples company, so in whatever circumstance, in people company or on my own, i must maximize it, so i am satisfied regardless.
jesmond3945:
won't you be lonely and unhappy

17 Likes

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by jesmond3945: 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2020
OyinO:
Avoid Nigerian churches everywhere you go whether home and abroad. The ones abroad are a true reflection of the ones back home. They are toxic centres of brainwashing, indoctrination, mass control, extortion, deception, manipulation, subjugation, mental slavery, exploitations and distraction.
won't you be leading a lonely life without the community?
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2020
As someone previously wrote the biggest racism you'll ever get comes from white women.

So all you people watching blacked.com thinking it's real life, you'll be shocked grin

14 Likes

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by gregyboy(m): 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2020
Frustrated007:
whatever works for you bro.
Personally I'm done with them.
I will only date girls from other races that appreciate me.
Thank God say money dey.
Make I just prepare my papers, japa!

Bro stop saying so, our ladies is our pride if we dont value dem who will

Remeber there is nothing like home,

Anyway goodkuck hope u find a descent lady oo mske u teach her how to cook our soup oo

9 Likes

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by walesho(m): 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2020
milehigh06:

i know people like you will use this opportunity to show your lack of knowledge...what do you truly have to gain by sewing ignorance other than looking stupid...i really would like to know

If you travel around you will understand. Some of my friends that are citizens in the US that are Nigerian prefer to apply for Nigerian visa with that American passport, just to be treated well at the Nigerian airport. We blacks need to reunite and and change the mode of thinking

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by thundafire: 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2020
Number 3 : very true,I do wonder,why is it that any where blacks plenty na crime,yet the are quick to call white racists

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by kambili999(f): 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
seunny4lif:
I have over 5 people that I know, so called Nigeria church have led to end of their marriage and it’s almost happened to me but lucky my woman understand everything and she told the craps they were feeding her
na wa

1 Like

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by OyinO: 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
jesmond3945:
won't you be leading a lonely life without the community?

Hell NO! Lonely life is the best life. The post tells us of how neighbours don't talk to each other and how this leads to noiseless environment.

8 Likes

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Collegelove: 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
I'll be heading to North America next year.

1 Like

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by SeriouslySense(m): 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2020
lol
OyinO:

Hell NO! Lonely life is the best life. The post tells us of how neighbours don't talk to each other and how this leads to noiseless environment.

1 Like

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Frustrated007: 11:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Tell "your" women to work on their character and stop being hypocrites.

Nobody go church pass Nigerian women but their character worse pass person wey no attend church.

And yeah..alot of foreign women put a ton of effort into pleasing their men so teaching one how to cook our meals shouldn't be a problem grin

gregyboy:

Bro stop saying so, our ladies is our pride if we dont value dem who will

Remeber there is nothing like home,

Anyway goodkuck hope u find a descent lady oo mske u teach her how to cook our soup oo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by armyofone(m): 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2020
Went with my sister to one of those Nigerian church. I slept through grin just got tired of the casting and binding. Long hours of worship and those Nigerian worship songs are not so sweet like we heard it back home phew grin I'm a fan of Hillsong. So never went back grin

OyinO:
Avoid Nigerian churches everywhere you go whether home and abroad. The ones abroad are a true reflection of the ones back home. They are toxic centres of brainwashing, indoctrination, mass control, extortion, deception, manipulation, subjugation, mental slavery, exploitations and distraction.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Collegelove: 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
Frustrated007:

Nobody go church pass Nigerian women but their character worse pass person wey no attend church.

Lol...that's true. They are worse than the devil.

4 Likes

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by PoliteActivist: 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sonnobax15:
He go must still explain why no matter what

So u prefer nothingness - to have never existed, like billions of sperms that competed and lost to u

1 Like

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2020
Frustrated007:

And yeah..alot of foreign women put a ton of effort into pleasing their men so teaching one how to cook our meals shouldn't be a problem grin

They're not ready!!!

1 Like

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Frustrated007: 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
worse than devil is putting it lightly.
They respect their fake pastors pass their husbands grin
Collegelove:
Lol...that's true. They are worse than the devil.

1 Like

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Empiree: 11:20pm On Dec 23, 2020
Newman20:
#5 is so true.
very true and not only rccg. Cele too. Some Nigerians if not many, live in western world like in Nigeria. I am not saying to forgo Nigerian or African cultures. I meant mentality is very ridiculous and causes them great setback. They do not want to leave their comfort zone and they live on welfare.

I met a woman on the street of nyc suburb. She sensed I'm Nigerian from afar. By the time she got close to me she knelt down begging for money. She wore cele gown, no shoes. Very dirty from head to toe. And they still constitute the same nuisances as they do in Nigeria. After I returned home to my uncle he said he knows her and that's how she goes around begging for money from people.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by kingsavage: 11:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by gregyboy(m): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
mightyokwy:
I almost got depressed the very first month I entered Germany. My neighbours non speak English. This guys live such a boring life. I can't deal with it.

How do u guys cope with such silence in the neighborhood
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by SeriouslySense(m): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
cry cry cry, my God.

Empiree:
very true and not only rccg. Cele too. Some Nigerians if not many, live in western world like in Nigeria. I am not saying to forgo Nigerian or African culture. I meant mentality is very ridiculous and causes them great setback. They do not want to leave their comfort zone and they live on welfare.

I met a woman on the street of nyc suburb. She sensed I'm Nigerian from afar. By the time she got close to me she knelt down begging for money. She wore cele gown, no shoes. Very dirty from head to toe. And they still constitute the same nuisances as they do in Nigeria. After I returned home to my uncle he said he knows her and that's how she goes around begging for money from people.
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
Leshurr:
#1. The Silence is Deafening!
When I first arrived in the West, I was so taken aback by how quiet everywhere was. On the way out of the airport, I looked around in awe as the pristine clean roads were not littered with with hawkers, jampacked cars , numerous pedestrians and the blaring sounds of horns! - although, mega-cities like New York is an exception to the rule. 

#2. Your Neighbours & The Police: You Can Co-exist with Neighbours for Years Without Ever Saying a Word to Each Other.
In the average neighbourhood, you can't make noise anyhow. Everyone minds their business. ... The most you will get out of your neighbors is an occasional nod and smile.
Although this doesn't deter them from watching your every move through their windows... they won't hesitate to call the cops/snitch on you at any slight opportunity. Make noise and fight with your spouse anyhow and you will find police knocking at your door.

#3 Raising kids in a Predominantly Black Neighbourhood Can Spell Doom.
Bullying is incessant in these communities. Gang culture, crime, violence  etc..

#4. Your Child(ren) can be Taken from You.
This almost happened to a close friend of mine whose nosy neighbour called  child services on her because she heard her baby crying for a lengthy period of time. And the police actually showed up to her house to carry out a thorough investigation on the living conditions of the baby.. Thank God nothing incriminating was found..
Moral of the story: be careful with how you care for/discipline your kids when living abroad.

#5. Nigerian Churches (most RCCG branches) are Epicenters for Drama & Toxicity.
Avoid! Just Avoid!

#6. Black (especially Nigerian women) are at the Bottom of the Food Chain; be it at the Workplace or on the Dating Scene.
Young black guys will rather date white or mixed race girls.. (may not be true for all) but my observation living in London.
...and at work, we have to work twice as hard to be respected and valued. The biggest oppressor of a black woman at work is a white woman (and in some cases, your fellow blacks).. but not a white man surprisingly. 

#7. You will Happily Miss Home from Afar and be so Much More Invested in the Affairs of Nigeria than Those Living in Nigeria.

Need I say more? smiley

#8.You May Gain Weight.
Why??
Kebabs & Pizzas
Chicken and chips.
Cheap and irresistibly delicious chinese takeaways cheesy
Fish & chips
Burgers,
TGI Fridays & Nandos

Important Note: This is a light hearted post and just a snippet of my experience so far living abroad.. it isn't perfect here, but I'd choose this over and over again than my experiences living in Nigeria.

I disagree with 6.

As a black woman, your greatest adversary is a fellow woman who is black or any other ethnicity except white. The white woman and white man is often your greatest ally.

Your number one foe is a black woman. Followed by any other non-white woman.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by SeriouslySense(m): 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
I also wondered too why black communities have lots of crimes, i think its how we bring up our children, because when adults or teenagers are not intelligent they will step so low to do desperate things, that deprive others of their own things or that harms others.

thundafire:
Number 3 : very true,I do wonder,why is it that any where blacks plenty na crime,yet the are quick to call white racists

2 Likes

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Ninokingz1(m): 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
OP your no5 is shit. Ain't no fucking truth in it. If e happened for the church wey u be attend no mean say na so e dey for all RCCG branches in UK. As a matter fact for those planning relocation, the best thing to do for yourselves is locating a 9ja church o if not eh you dey alone for der.

My official 1st job here was connected to me by a brother from the church. In the RCCG parish I do worship we are to ourselves the family members we don't have here.

I can't so deal with most of you who will run to Nairaland to either run Nigeria down or the whole Africa because you've gotten the opportunity of leaving. Though, I will agree with some of your assertions especially Black to Black kind of giving attitude but still it's none of my business.

13 Likes

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by melodyogonna(m): 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
favor914:
Couldn’t be further from the truth, nowhere like home, that is why I am so adamant that Nnenna Kanu will beg to visit Nigeria, sooner than later he will get homesick be it 2028, the irony of life is that the same Governors he is belittling today, will be the same persons that will be pleading on his behalf in future.
Who is Nnenna?

1 Like

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
Leshurr:
#1. The Silence is Deafening!
When I first arrived in the West, I was so taken aback by how quiet everywhere was. On the way out of the airport, I looked around in awe as the pristine clean roads were not littered with with hawkers, jampacked cars , numerous pedestrians and the blaring sounds of horns! - although, mega-cities like New York is an exception to the rule. 

#2. Your Neighbours & The Police: You Can Co-exist with Neighbours for Years Without Ever Saying a Word to Each Other.
In the average neighbourhood, you can't make noise anyhow. Everyone minds their business. ... The most you will get out of your neighbors is an occasional nod and smile.
Although this doesn't deter them from watching your every move through their windows... they won't hesitate to call the cops/snitch on you at any slight opportunity. Make noise and fight with your spouse anyhow and you will find police knocking at your door.

#3 Raising kids in a Predominantly Black Neighbourhood Can Spell Doom.
Bullying is incessant in these communities. Gang culture, crime, violence  etc..

#4. Your Child(ren) can be Taken from You.
This almost happened to a close friend of mine whose nosy neighbour called  child services on her because she heard her baby crying for a lengthy period of time. And the police actually showed up to her house to carry out a thorough investigation on the living conditions of the baby.. Thank God nothing incriminating was found..
Moral of the story: be careful with how you care for/discipline your kids when living abroad.

#5. Nigerian Churches (most RCCG branches) are Epicenters for Drama & Toxicity.
Avoid! Just Avoid!

#6. Black (especially Nigerian women) are at the Bottom of the Food Chain; be it at the Workplace or on the Dating Scene.
Young black guys will rather date white or mixed race girls.. (may not be true for all) but my observation living in London.
...and at work, we have to work twice as hard to be respected and valued. The biggest oppressor of a black woman at work is a white woman (and in some cases, your fellow blacks).. but not a white man surprisingly. 

#7. You will Happily Miss Home from Afar and be so Much More Invested in the Affairs of Nigeria than Those Living in Nigeria.

Need I say more? smiley

#8.You May Gain Weight.
Why??
Kebabs & Pizzas
Chicken and chips.
Cheap and irresistibly delicious chinese takeaways cheesy
Fish & chips
Burgers,
TGI Fridays & Nandos

Important Note: This is a light hearted post and just a snippet of my experience so far living abroad.. it isn't perfect here, but I'd choose this over and over again than my experiences living in Nigeria.
True, but some black/african women date white men, I know one Nigerian woman who vowed not to date Nigerian men.

And if you are in the south east area like, peckam, lewisham, catford, camberwell, elephant, streatham where there are alot of Africans/Nigerians you would feel this way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
Leshurr:

Point 5 is pretty much self explanatory... but to expand further, ... Nigerian churches abroad are toxic because everything bad about Nigeria is practised there; mediocrity, corruption, nepotism, classism, hypocrisy, wickedness, envy, arrogance etc..
The focus is neither on God, nor attaining righteousness but rather on showing off, making money and being rewarded with titles in within the organisation (church).
... This is why you'd see economically disadvantaged people who actually live in council houses, dressing like millionaires in church whilst looking down on others who are just as poor as they are.. respect and honor is given to the most superficial of things.

lol you are very brilliant. This is what I've been saying since forever. An average Nigerian is proud, arrogant and foolish. Come to my home town, people who don't drive cars are seen as human chaff. No one gives a shiiit about your intelligence or character. If you don't use the latest iPhone or drive around in a car (nobody cares whether you stole it or how you got it) you are treated like human waste. Tueeh on Nigeria.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by SeriouslySense(m): 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
Aha that is how people who are fake behave
Nuel4:
lol you are very brilliant. This is what I've been saying since forever. An average Nigerian is proud, arrogant and foolish. Come to my home town, people who don't drive cars are seen as human chaff. No one gives a shiiit about your intelligence or character if you don't use the latest iPhone or drive around in a car (nobody cares whether you stole it or however you got it) you are treated like human waste. Tueeh on Nigeria.
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
ALEX182:

I disagree with 6.

As a black woman, your greatest adversary is a fellow woman who is black or any other ethnicity except white. The white woman and white man is often your greatest ally.

Your number one foe is a black woman. Followed by any other non-white woman.

Crap

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State / Longest And Most Confusing Pedestran Bridge In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.