Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,762 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over (41173 Views)

What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / Where Do They Report Sexual Abuse Or Molestation? I Am Angry / Rock Python In My WC! Can You Imagine What My Wife Did To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by ebby9z(m): 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
There are two girls I've dated and parted ways with because I noticed that I'd die young if I married them.

First one was a first born and they are poor and from her gist, they are already waiting for her to marry me so that I can take care of her siblings.

I ran.

Second one was last born and the only girl, most of her elder brothers aren't working and she flippantly mentioned one day that her dad was like it's her husband that will finish their house.

I ran.

My current babe is comfortable. She works, her parents also work and are not entitled and she helps my dream.

I'm also from a poor family and we don't disturb anyone. I'm trying very hard to escape poverty and I'm on the right path. I don't want anybody to make my journey longer.

Men take too much stress on themselves just to be seen as 'responsible' and then work hard like donkey while looking like a pauper in their tattered clothes just to please everyone and then drop dead before their wives.

Could never be me. I'd rather live and die single and live a life of enjoyment and fulfilment.

13 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by NoRetreat(m): 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
Keep your calm. Be realistic with her after the departure of her family. And don't buy additional foodstuffs until they all left. Let them know you don't have and you cany borrow to satisfy her.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Midas01: 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
What is the problem with you NL men on this forum? A woman makes a mistake and you're blaming women for this. Let me just stop here.
Prinnce1:
Guy why are you talking like this, no one will be comfortable seeing his/her in-laws at home without their knowledge. This is trash, in the era of easy communication the father nor mother in-law didn't call him in respect of this. Is this how you will handle your home Mr. To the op gather any small amount you have and give to the eldest for their transport and Christmas package, 9 o'clock shouldn't meet them in your house. This absurd, how do women reason
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Mutemenot(m): 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
Skyfornia:

Your wife is very insensitive...if I were you, I'll just drop small money that will be enough for her and my kids, then travel/leave the house without telling her...won't come back until her siblings leave.

My thought!! They 're ways of treating such people without sense...
I truly pity Op, he married from a family where mother, father and kids are alike... a wise parent can t let the entire family pay such a visit, knowing fully well their inlaw isn't financially capable...
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by kellybently(m): 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817:
I returned home from my shop only to find my wife 4 siblings in my house I wasn’t happy because she didn’t informed me they were coming over and in this economy when the country is hard why would they come all four of them at the same time.

My mother in law came for omugwo she stayed for 5 weeks, she left 3 weeks ago I had given my wife 30k the money I borrowed from a good friend of mine to get her some few things to take home, then 3 weeks after, her 4 siblings are here too, they are 6. The last born who is 10 have been staying with us for 2 years now. I take care of her, my wife doesn’t work and I am only managing I don’t know why her people want to
drain me.

Can you imagine as soon as I entered the house, her sisters were asking me about their Christmas gifts, "brother where is our gift?" As if I am their ATM. I just ignored them because I was already angry seeing them in my house without my permission but keeping calm was the best thing to do.

What shocked me was the fact her brother was comfortably sleeping in my bed next to my 2 months old baby. My wife didn’t see it as anything bad she said he is her brother and wouldn’t harm his own niece but my point was not about him doing something wrong with her but the fact that he doesn’t have any respect for my bed that what really got me angry which led to my wife and I to quarrell not in their presence but in our room but since it’s only parlour and room self con I believe they must have heard everything but I don’t care.

My Wife thinks I am overreacting and I don’t like her siblings and she said she will tell her parents everything I said to her in anger which I didn’t meant to but nobody in my position will be happy if he happened to be in my shoe. How do I handle this problem with my wife without causing any further problems between us and her parents because I don’t have money to feed 4 more mouths for 2 weeks because they are not leaving any time soon not until the 3rd or 4th of January and before her siblings came she complained about her Christmas clothes and hair. I told her I will only do Christmas for the kids because I don’t have money she frowned her face and started giving me attitudes and on top of that she has invited her 4 siblings when I don’t have a kobo to feed all of them.

Even the food we have in the house won’t even last until January because I bought enough for 5 people but now with 9 of us it won’t last and her siblings are expecting me to do Christmas for them too , I don’t blame them because they are small children 20,18,15,12 who thinks that I have a skeleton in my cupboard where I get free money lol.

What should I do right now ? I am not happy Your advice is needed please

You play with her too much that is the reason. Abi na she dey pay house rent
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by OlayemiAshraf(m): 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
Bro just disappeared Tonight... come back on the 1st of January....
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by kushme: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
xolocious:
Wahala be like BICYCLE...

The truth is, THE SIGNS WERE THERE BEFORE YOU MARRIED HER. YOU TOOK IT FOR GRANTED OR SHOULD I SAY, "YOU WERE BLINDED BY LOVE" FVCKS. IT'S STILL NOT TOO LATE. YOU CAN TALK IT OUT WITH HER AND LET HER KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT. DON'T BE SCARED ABOUT HOW SHE OR THEY'LL SEE IT. YOU NO FIT USE SHAME CHOP SHIT. FOR THE TIME BEING, LET THEM STAY TILL THE NEW YEAR BUT LET HER KNOW THEY'LL BE LEAVING AFTER THE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION (INFACT, THE FOLLOWING MONDAY BEING 4TH OF JANUARY).
SPEAK OUT!
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by imagrg(m): 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
It's not you speaking my brother; it's your pocket that is complaining.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by boyjo: 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

It's not the scenario of take care of our struggling family. It's just Christmas. Nothing more, nothing less. And it won't cost a fortune in the Spirit of the season to act as a father when opportunity calls. It's not give us your family. It's just Love. Nothing more.

Who vex you?
Because I can't believe all this is coming from you?
Did you read where he does not have kobo and borrowed 30k to feed his family?

That 30k may not carry them for the full month he planned for.

With some people's apathy to lending others money in this world of today, don't you think he was lucky to get money to borrow the first time?

And we both know that madam may nag the hell out of his life when the 30k gets finished.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by marsup: 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817:
I returned home from my shop only to find my wife 4 siblings in my house I wasn’t happy because she didn’t informed me they were coming over and in this economy when the country is hard why would they come all four of them at the same time.

My mother in law came for omugwo she stayed for 5 weeks, she left 3 weeks ago I had given my wife 30k the money I borrowed from a good friend of mine to get her some few things to take home, then 3 weeks after, her 4 siblings are here too, they are 6. The last born who is 10 have been staying with us for 2 years now. I take care of her, my wife doesn’t work and I am only managing I don’t know why her people want to
drain me.

Can you imagine as soon as I entered the house, her sisters were asking me about their Christmas gifts, "brother where is our gift?" As if I am their ATM. I just ignored them because I was already angry seeing them in my house without my permission but keeping calm was the best thing to do.

What shocked me was the fact her brother was comfortably sleeping in my bed next to my 2 months old baby. My wife didn’t see it as anything bad she said he is her brother and wouldn’t harm his own niece but my point was not about him doing something wrong with her but the fact that he doesn’t have any respect for my bed that what really got me angry which led to my wife and I to quarrell not in their presence but in our room but since it’s only parlour and room self con I believe they must have heard everything but I don’t care.

My Wife thinks I am overreacting and I don’t like her siblings and she said she will tell her parents everything I said to her in anger which I didn’t meant to but nobody in my position will be happy if he happened to be in my shoe. How do I handle this problem with my wife without causing any further problems between us and her parents because I don’t have money to feed 4 more mouths for 2 weeks because they are not leaving any time soon not until the 3rd or 4th of January and before her siblings came she complained about her Christmas clothes and hair. I told her I will only do Christmas for the kids because I don’t have money she frowned her face and started giving me attitudes and on top of that she has invited her 4 siblings when I don’t have a kobo to feed all of them.

Even the food we have in the house won’t even last until January because I bought enough for 5 people but now with 9 of us it won’t last and her siblings are expecting me to do Christmas for them too , I don’t blame them because they are small children 20,18,15,12 who thinks that I have a skeleton in my cupboard where I get free money lol.

What should I do right now ? I am not happy Your advice is needed please
one bedroom flat?and she still brought her family to join? The best bet is to ignore them all. Just make sure your kids are okay.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Jabioro: 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
You go soon waka with flat tyre, because the cart is already overloaded..Let food finish,do not reburse for food items except for baby.. therefore everyone will find his or her way the ground is no longer level..
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Gerrard59(m): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
ednut1:
Men should wise up na. Never marry a woman with work or those with many dependent siblings. Tufiakwa

Na why I dey fear ladies wey get plenty siblings esp if she is the first child or daughter. More than two siblings, I am not interested.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by boyjo: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
Skyfornia:

Your wife is very insensitive...if I were you, I'll just drop small money that will be enough for her and my kids, then travel/leave the house without telling her...won't come back until her siblings leave.

The wife may not be insensitive.
The op didn't tell her things are hard.
He didn't tell her he borrowed the money.
They don't talk openly so the wife feels there is more from where that 30k came from.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by wizod(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
Skyfornia:

i hv bn busy reading people`s comments, inshort u are my kind of person

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by CrazyCrane: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
I understand how you feel
Truth is that,there's no money that's why you're over reacting.
Please,try to be calm whenever you're angry to avoid saying regretful words.
We ladies will only pick those hurtful words.

Your wife was wrong in the part of not informing you.

What if it was a surprise visit (Although I hate surprise visits)
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by thatigboman: 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
gfon:
When we say most women have fish brain,we ain't mincing words.if i was in your shoes,i won't drop any money for feeding,at least when hungry catch them,they would find thier square root
if it were me, i will ask all of them to leave my house immediately. If my wife wants to join them, so be it.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Gerrard59(m): 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
Klass99:

You don't even need to be in a relationship or married to realize how wrong the OP's wife is, on so many levels.

1. I will promptly inform my wife this is not a good time for me as money is tight, allow the in-laws stay till boxing day and dispatch them ASAP on the 27th. They don't need to be there till January

2. Let your wife know that this sort of thing can never happen again, without your endorsement. Are you not the one paying the bills in that house and the one who knows where it hurts?

Man wey go marry you dey over lucky.

Twale!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Klass99(f): 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2020

4 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Happyguy201: 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2020
CrazyCrane:
I understand how you feel
Truth is that,there's no money that's why you're over reacting.
Please,try to be calm whenever you're angry to avoid saying regretful words.
We ladies will only pick those hurtful words.

Your wife was wrong in the part of not informing you.

What if it was a surprise visit (Although I hate surprise visits)

women will always support their fellow pussi people . good or bad . see the rubbish you typed .

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by fujirice: 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
Chai!
OP wouldn’t have opened this thread IF he’s very comfortable. My brother just endure it and make them feel welcomed as much as you can. After all, they are now your family too.
I know your wife wronged you by not informing you but hey, that’s part of the package. That’s marriage for you.
You guys will be fine and God will surely provide for you in abundance.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Klass99(f): 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Afamed: 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

It's not the scenario of take care of our struggling family. It's just Christmas. Nothing more, nothing less. And it won't cost a fortune in the Spirit of the season to act as a father when opportunity calls. It's not give us your family. It's just Love. Nothing more.

Have you also considered the OP financial situation?
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by ParkleElegant: 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:
Continue deceiving yourself. You can deceive gullible people but not me.

You're the breed of men that are so overly possessive you don't want your wife to be around anyone of influence especially her family besides you.

YOU COVERTLY HATE YOUR WIVE'S FAMILY AND SADLY YOU'RE NOT DISCREET ENOUGH TO HIDE THE DUSGUST. YOU CAN'T STAND THEM TO TOLERATE THEM LET ALONE TO EMBRACE THEM AS YOUR OWN.

I PRAY YOU KNOW THE FUTURE AND CAN SEE IF YOUR KIDS WILL NEVER NEED THEIR HELP FOREVER THAT WAY I CAN ASSURE YOU TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR ANTICS. UNTIL THEN, TRED SOFTLY.

There are a specie of men that hate it when a woman's family or friends is around her. And use all sorts of antics to act victimised.

Only God will deliver you from you and teach you different ways of doing things. Your children would grow up too and become adults, should brothers not visit sisters and vice versa. When it's time to shine with opportunity some men act coy.

7k will enough rice and small meat to entertain your guests for the short duration they will be around.

Be Christ-like, Christ-mas is about sharing not only about eating rice.

Stop deceiving people in the time being. You know it's hatred you have for her being around her family and not about money

Should anything happen to you tomorrow, those are the ones that would stand for her, your kids and even you. And it's how you draw them close with what you have now that will make them endear to you should the chips fall down on your end however plenty your tiny peanuts maybe as of the moment.

You will know them ladies. They are the kinds that assume thier wives fell from heaven. Once they get married to them they don't want their wives to be around anybody, friends or family.

There's also female versions. These women marry them give them the entire world. They will never be with you or love you atall and will only stick around cause of favors they get in the marriage. They won't give happiness and after a few years leave you down the line.

It's a personality-complex. Open your eyes to find these kinds out to do the needful.

Are u okay? Do u have problem with reading and understanding.... If u can't understand his situation Shut that your trap what sought of person are u? nah una type they enter early grave trying to be like Christ.... Writing rubbish to show ur stupidity undecided... There re dumb and stupid people in this world all in the name of Christianity

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by fujirice: 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2020
Happyguy201:

women will always support their fellow pussi people . good or bad . see the rubbish you typed .
Hey man! This is uncalled for. What is her crime for calming the OP down?
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by CrazyCrane: 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
Happyguy201:

You have been noticed
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Forumobserver12(m): 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

You're the breed of men that are so overly possessive you don't want your wife to be around anyone of influence especially her family besides you.

YOU COVERTLY HATE YOUR WIVE'S FAMILY AND SADLY YOU'RE NOT DISCREET ENOUGH TO HIDE THE DUSGUST. YOU CAN'T STAND THEM TO TOLERATE THEM LET ALONE TO EMBRACE THEM AS YOUR OWN.

I PRAY YOU KNOW THE FUTURE AND CAN SEE IF YOUR KIDS WILL NEVER NEED THEIR HELP FOREVER THAT WAY I CAN ASSURE YOU TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR ANTICS. UNTIL THEN, TRED SOFTLY.

There are a specie of men that hate it when a woman's family or friends is around her. And use all sorts of antics to act victimised.

Only God will deliver you from you and teach you different ways of doing things. Your children would grow up too and become adults, should brothers not visit sisters and vice versa. When it's time to shine with opportunity some men act coy.

7k will enough rice and small meat to entertain your guests for the short duration they will be around.

Stop deceiving people in the time being. You know it's hatred you have for her being around her family and not about money

Should anything happen to you tomorrow, those are the ones that would stand for her, your kids and even you. And it's how you draw them close with what you have now that will make them endear to you should the chips fall down on your end however plenty your tiny peanuts maybe as of the moment.

You will know them ladies. They are the kinds that assume thier wives fell from heaven. Once they get married to them they don't want their wives to be around anybody, friends or family.

There's also female versions. These women marry them give them the entire world. They will never be with you or love you atall and will only stick around cause of favors they get in the marriage. They won't give happiness and after a few years leave you down the line.

It's a personality-complex. Open your eyes to find these kinds out to do the needful.

Is that all you have to say? How will you feel if your wife brings in her siblings in your house without prior notice? That's disrespectful man and I don't blame him for reacting the way he did.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by fujirice: 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
boyjo:

The wife may not be insensitive.
The op didn't tell her things are hard.
He didn't tell her he borrowed the money.
They don't talk openly so the wife feels there is more from where that 30k came from.
Moral of the story, don’t keep anything from your spouse
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by boyjo: 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
The only reason I would support Redpanthar is because what she is writing is what Nairaland guys would have written if the story is switched.
If na the man invite im 4 siblings without telling the wife, and the wife complain say money no dey hand as na only she dey work, Nairaland men for still call am wicked woman.

So....

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by gfon(m): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2020
Midas01:
Most women like your mother, idiot.
na you sabi that one,enjoy your 2mins of fame

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by boyjo: 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
fujirice:

Moral of the story, don’t keep anything from your spouse
Yeah.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by TheGift: 6:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

May your self righteousness, lack of empathy and quickness to judge not kill you.

Even after He told you His first problem was that His Wife did not inform Him.

Even after He asked how Her brother would feel if the tables were turned

Even after He told you He is cash strapped, you're talking about how 7k should be enough yen yen yen, as if you sent money to Him this morning.

Na wa!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

Where are you from sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Woman Who Gave Birth To Triplets Sacked (Photo) / The Only Type Of Partners Who Enjoy The Best Marriage. / 10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.