Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309084 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SameeD96: 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
I think from people's experiences on here, this is the new norm.
Please when did she apply?

grafikii:
Hello guys, my sister got a collection mail today, there's nothing in the mail showing if the visa was approved or not. Is this normal?
Also the application tracker shows "at decision Centre"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
Santa2:

Congratulations @cutieb..with the planned introduction of managed quarantine in scotland, you might need to book a flight soon, else budget reasonable funds for hotel quarantine

Thanks for the heads up..we are leaving on Tuesday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sulee23(f): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
Gracedom:
I’m trying to call UKVI but it’s not getting through to speak with any rep. I want to send a mail, pls what email can I send to?

My dependents application seems to be taking long for priority.

Hi. Please were you eventually able to reach them. My husband is also going to Uws. He did his biometrics on the 21st day of Jan. Priority. His application is still at Dmc. We are looking for ways to reach out to them aswell to know the update.

Just wanted to know if you made any progress on this.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Boluzee: 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
Visa Alert ���
Ikeja TLS
Standard Application - 6th Jan 2021
Biometrics- 13th Jan 2021
2 Collection mails - 1 Feb 2021
Collected - 2 Feb 2021
I’m grateful for everyone that has contributed to this forum whether to ask questions or provide answers. A lot of resource to assist and comfort one through this journey. God is faithful and he will bless everyone of you. Amen!

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Youngdenzel2: 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
Did 21st January too, still expecting... vi or ikeja?

Sulee23:

Hi. Please were you eventually able to reach them. My husband is also going to Uws. He did his biometrics on the 21st day of Jan. Priority. His application is still at Dmc. We are looking for ways to reach out to them aswell to know the update.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by grafikii: 7:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
SameeD96:
I think from people's experiences on here, this is the new norm.
Please when did she apply?

Applied 2nd week of January, went for biometrics on jan 20

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sulee23(f): 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
Youngdenzel2:
Did 21st January too, still expecting... vi or ikeja?

Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracedom: 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
Anitaamich:

Cc justwise mimilyrics lagosismyhome

You don’t need hard copy of the statement to attend biometrics if that’s what you mean, except for assisted service then statement shldnt be more than 31days

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracedom: 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sulee23:

I couldn’t reach them via call, I sent a paid mail following the instructions on their website
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sulee23(f): 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
Gracedom:

I couldn’t reach them via call, I sent a paid mail following the instructions on their website

Oh. Okay. Thank you very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gbolly101: 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2021
Thanks everyone... applied on Jan 25 ... decision Mail today and collected!! Uk way on Friday ✈️✈️

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gbolly101: 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
Gbolly101:
Thanks everyone... applied on Jan 25 ... decision Mail today and collected!! Uk way on Friday ✈️✈️

2 collection mails jare !!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Buku: 7:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
Gbolly101:

Congratulations...that was really fast
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gbolly101: 8:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
Buku:

Congratulations...that was really fast

Our Visa Application Centre in Lagos, Ikeja is open. Please check collection times and the centre address on our website.

A decision has now been made on your visa application and you will be able to collect your passport at our centre.

Your travel document and supporting documents are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. Please read carefully the below instruction to retrieve your document.

Collection in person

Please come with the following:

Your Original TLScontact Application Checklist;
Your Original Photographic ID;
Copy of Your Photographic ID;
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for your minor child)*.
Collecting using a representative

It is not possible for a third party to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:

A parent collecting for a dependent child (where child is below 18);
Applicants 65 years and above (with already issued proxy form obtained during submission);
One member of a family group collecting the passports for the whole family, if applied together;
Government Ministry representatives and Business Network company representative, prior approved by the British High Commission and the company’s authorized signatories with a letter of introduction and a company ID card.
Please note that all third party collections above will require a means of national identification e.g. International Passport, National ID Card, Driver’s License.

IMPORTANT: If any of the above document is missing, the representative will not be allowed to retrieve your travel document.

*It fits with Children Protection Act, to guarantee that we are giving the passport back to one of the parents.

You can check collection times and the Centre address on the Address and opening hours page. You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 28 days. After this time they will be returned to UK Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.

If you did not select our Express Courier Return service at the time of submitting your application, it may be possible for you to purchase this service now for an additional fee to avoid having to travel to the Visa Application Centre to collect your documents.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 8:24pm On Feb 02, 2021
All BA flight that I have been seeing for this weekend is landing in London by 4am.

That’s about 3am in London....too too early for someone to come pick you up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
Victorex001:
All BA flight that I have been seeing for this weekend is landing in London by 4am.

That’s about 3am in London....too too early for someone to come pick you up.

Arrival time is always in the arriving country time so it would be London time not Lagos time.... that been said BA usually get here almost 5am ish (4.50) , by the time you pass security and collect baggage can be around 6am depending on the crowd or shorter if no crowd .

So picking at 6am then becomes an individual thing. Some people who live close its not a problem , others might find it early, so check with the person picking up

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greatnesslomo: 8:42pm On Feb 02, 2021
Boluzee:
Visa Alert ���
Ikeja TLS
Standard Application - 6th Jan 2021
Biometrics- 13th Jan 2021
2 Collection mails - 1 Feb 2021
Collected - 2 Feb 2021
I’m grateful for everyone that has contributed to this forum whether to ask questions or provide answers. A lot of resource to assist and comfort one through this journey. God is faithful and he will bless everyone of you. Amen! Congrats.did you get two emails from TLS or one from TLS and one from ukvi?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greatnesslomo: 8:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
Gbolly101:

Two collection mails from TLS or UKVI?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
gigi24:
@justwise and every guru in the house.

Good afternoon.

My case;

I applied for dependent visa twice in 2012 but go a refusal after which I applied for a student visa in 2014 got yet another refusal the reason was i didn't tell them who was sponsoring my studies when this wasn't asked at interview.

Fast forward to me taking up the case for Administrative review and was denied took my case up for a judicial review got a lawyer to plead my case.
After every back and forth for over a year Home office decided to settle out of court and pay all my legal fees spent on the case back and asked me to bring my documents for reconsideration of my visa on or before the 25th of December 2015.

However, I didn't bother to go on with my studies as the school(colwell college) I got admission with had been closed down by home office plus i got a new job June of 2015 and a decision was made by December 2015

I lost my full tuition paid to them too because i couldn't get in touch or trace them.

fast-forward to the present day.

I intend going for a Masters degree in September I have gotten admission from HULL and Yorkshire st john to study MBA.

Here are my questions; would I have a problem with the ECOS because I didn't send in my documents for the visa at that time if I made a fresh application this year?

Would a cover letter make up for this?

Do I need to get a lawyer to help me with this? the lawyer that handled my case at the time is on study leave and can't do anything for me at the moment.

Please your advice and guidance would be very much appreciated.

@mimilicious @justwise @everybody with experience and great guidance please come out help a sister.

Thank you!

Yes you need a cover letter to explain what happened and why you did not submit your passport for visa.

You don't need a lawyer for this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by gigi24: 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
justwise:

Yes you need a cover letter to explain what happened and why you did not submit your passport for visa.

You don't need a lawyer for this

Thank you so much for your response

I was asked to send my CAS and statement of account for reconsideration via email as that email was sent to me from Sheffield.(Not my passport).

I would love to upload the email so you can read and see for yourself what was sent if only it will be deleted after you are done.

I am only trying to be careful with this new application.
Do you think having a consent from court with regards to my previous application makes me stand a better chance this time?

Thank you for your reply.

Cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Arrival time is always in the arriving country time so it would be London time not Lagos time.... that been said BA usually get here almost 5am ish (4.50) , by the time you pass security and collect baggage can be around 6am depending on the crowd or shorter if no crowd .

So picking at 6am then becomes an individual thing. Some people who live close its not a problem , others might find it early, so check with the person picking up

Ohhh....True True.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mustiekay(m): 10:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
[quote author=Gracedom post=98678844]

You don’t need hard copy of the statement to attend biometrics if that’s what you mean, except for assisted service then statement shldnt be more than 31days

For clearity sake,
D tin is dt d statement shldnt exceed 31 days after printing out before the date of application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
gigi24:

Thank you so much for your response

I was asked to send my CAS and statement of account for reconsideration via email as that email was sent to me from Sheffield.(Not my passport).

I would love to upload the email so you can read and see for yourself what was sent if only it will be deleted after you are done.

I am only trying to be careful with this new application.
Do you think having a consent from court with regards to my previous application makes me stand a better chance this time?

Thank you for your reply.

Cheers!

1. You should have sent those documents as requested

2.No it doesn't, your application will be treated on its own merit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by vannie21: 10:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
Gbolly101:
..is it standard?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oluwaloseyi2009: 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
Plss house I still need more explanation on the mail I received today from the UK embassy . I just want to know my stand with them. I declared my refusal . Below is the mail ��

Thank you for your UK Visa application GW................ which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days , and Settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service).

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unlikely to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

We will keep you updated as to the progress of your application but in the meantime please do not attend the application centre until you have received a further update. We will notify you by e-mail once your application has been decided.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Regards,

UKVI Pretoria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:02pm On Feb 02, 2021
oluwaloseyi2009:
Plss house I still need more explanation on the mail I received today from the UK embassy . I just want to know my stand with them. I declared my refusal . Below is the mail ��

Thank you for your UK Visa application GW................ which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days , and Settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service).

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unlikely to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

We will keep you updated as to the progress of your application but in the meantime please do not attend the application centre until you have received a further update. We will notify you by e-mail once your application has been decided.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Regards,

UKVI Pretoria

How many times will you post this ooo. If you follow this thread you would know its a standard emails that "some" applicants get. Free your mind and wait for the outcome

Worrying wont change anything....neither would posting it multiple times . It could even just mean there a backlog so UKVI just letting you know it might be longer than 15 days

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Agitude17: 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
VISA ALERT !!! VISA ALERT!!!VISA ALERT!!!

Long post alert!!!

Online submittion for My husband and 2 sons (dependant visa) 24th of January.

Biometrics for the three 25th of January (priority) Ikeja.

Collection and decision mail for my husband 1st of February but collected this morning .

Collection and decision mail for my 2sons today 2nd Feb. at 2:08pm my husband went straight to TLS to collect them "no time to waste time" lol.

NB. I got my Visa in November am already in the UK and in my second semester when they appied to come join me.

I want to give all glory to God Almighty because he is a God that never fails after 1 Canada visit ban 2 UK visit refusals 2US visit refusals and God still Came through for us. I must say it can only be God.

I want to special thank Mimilyrics she is always there when you need her and to all that contribute in one way or the other on this platform God bless you all, you will all testify in the Mighty name of Jesus. AMEM. All information needed was gotten from this platform and I am grateful.

Please my advice is when you are making your applications do not tell lies I beg you say it as it is if you have 20 denials mention them with supporting documents. We wrote a supporting letter to further explain why the ban.

Documents submitted
Husband( primary applicant)
Marriage certificate
My Brb card
My student ID
Some marriage photographs
Supporting leter to explain the ban
Statement of account
Tuberculosis test result

Children
Birth certificate
Consent letter signed by both parents
Tuberculosis test results

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Agitude17: 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
Agitude17:
VISA ALERT !!! VISA ALERT!!!VISA ALERT!!!

Long post alert!!!

Online submittion for My husband and 2 sons (dependant visa) 24th of January.

Biometrics for the three 25th of January (priority) Ikeja.

Collection and decision mail for my husband 1st of February but collected this morning .

Collection and decision mail for my 2sons today 2nd Feb. at 2:08pm my husband went straight to TLS to collect them "no time to waste time" lol.

NB. I got my Visa in November am already in the UK and in my second semester when they appied to come join me.

I want to give all glory to God Almighty because he is a God that never fails after 1 Canada visit ban 2 UK visit refusals 2US visit refusals and God still Came through for us. I must say it can only be God.

I want to special thank Mimilyrics she is always there when you need her and to all that contribute in one way or the other on this platform God bless you all, you will all testify in the Mighty name of Jesus. AMEM. All information needed was gotten from this platform and I am grateful.

Please my advice is when you are making your applications do not tell lies I beg you say it as it is if you have 20 denials mention them with supporting documents. We wrote a supporting letter to further explain why the ban.

Documents submitted
Husband( primary applicant)
Marriage certificate
My Brb card
My student ID
Some marriage photographs
Supporting leter to explain the ban
Statement of account
Tuberculosis test result

Children
Birth certificate
Consent letter signed by both parents
Tuberculosis test results

sorry forgot he added registration confirmation letter from my school (to whom it may concern)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Adedamolav: 12:18am On Feb 03, 2021
Are you coming to Northumbria?
Towotowo:
Anybody going to Northumbria university?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Adedamolav: 12:21am On Feb 03, 2021
I'm in Northumbria,
Cousiim:
Abeg any one currently at northumbria university or going to northumbria university London campus soon?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Cousiim: 12:32am On Feb 03, 2021
Adedamolav:
I'm in Northumbria,

I sent a mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dontbeastranger: 2:05am On Feb 03, 2021
LagosismyHome:

If you put any of the above and the police decides to spot check during your isolation period and don't find you there, do you know how much wahala you will be in . Why lie when there is absolutely no need (There no rule against isolating in a different city from school )

Its always important to tell the truth at all times when filling a form. Put where you actually will be staying when you arrive.

Thanks for your response, that's whyI am actually asking the question, it's for clarity and better understanding to make the right decision...

Your response is appreciated all the same.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.