Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1302081 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2021
Marshall008:
Please, I need an answer to this. I will appreciate it

it is a no
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2021
Marshall008:
Please, I need an answer to this. I will appreciate it

Since your spouse is not accompany you it is a No.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greatnesslomo: 6:43pm On Feb 03, 2021
Please can anyone help with any approved covid 19 testing centres around ikeja for uk border entry?also how many days interval must one do the test before flight?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by folabisi07(m): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2021
Good evening, everyone. I appreciate your contributions so far.

I am currently in the UK as a student and I am looking forward to bringing my wife and my son over as fast as possible. They both have their international passports and gave been scheduled for medicals. Can anyone please help with the next step, the costs of visa and ticket and any other relevant information I'll need... Please. Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
Check the 1st page of the thread.
folabisi07:
Good evening, everyone. I appreciate your contributions so far.

I am currently in the UK as a student and I am looking forward to bringing my wife and my son over as fast as possible. They both have their international passports and gave been scheduled for medicals. Can anyone please help with the next step, the costs of visa and ticket and any other relevant information I'll need... Please. Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ejay99 post=98710
032:

How much is bank rate?
I got 546 from Keystone and UBA but with return flight inclusive while the CBN policy only gives you 2900 pounds

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by longidorous: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
What kind of questions should a dependant (husband) who is travelling alone expect from the immigration at POE?

LagosismyHome
Mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by nicerichard05: 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
I want to pay Form A on monday, pls whic bank has d lowest rate and whic bank is the fastest

Tnks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Otokini01: 10:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
Please has Skype interviews resumed at the tls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
longidorous:
What kind of questions should a dependant (husband) who is travelling alone expect from the immigration at POE?

LagosismyHome
Mimilyrics

Not a lot of questions hopefully. Just know enough about the main applicant ie their school, application, Accommodation etc and the reason why you are travelling

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Towotowo: 12:03am On Feb 04, 2021
Yes i am coming to Newcastle.

Adedamolav:
Are you coming to Northumbria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by dejol88: 12:11am On Feb 04, 2021
Mopeds:
Hello guys,
Please I moved to the UK in Nov since then I haven't been able to get my Brp, I mailed and mailed the home office, they finally replied that I can't get a brp because my visa is valid for less than 6 months (visit visa) meanwhile i applied for a student dependant visa which is what is on visa...I can't work because of this, I keep still mailing them, no response yet, please can somebody help with who I can contact
Complain to the immigration department of your school and also pursue your case by sending out mails to the following,
ukvigeneral@mailgb.custhelp.com
BRPOATECH@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
BRPdelivery@homeoffice.gov.uk
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

Best of luck

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by dejol88: 12:21am On Feb 04, 2021
Mopeds:
Hello guys,
Please I moved to the UK in Nov since then I haven't been able to get my Brp, I mailed and mailed the home office, they finally replied that I can't get a brp because my visa is valid for less than 6 months (visit visa) meanwhile i applied for a student dependant visa which is what is on visa...I can't work because of this, I keep still mailing them, no response yet, please can somebody help with who I can contact
Go to the UK government https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect and follow the instructions therein . When filling the form, you will see a box where you can post a comment. In that box, put 20 days chaser and your case would be treated as priority.
I had similar issues as yours but resolved after I escalated to every mail I could see. Luckily they all responded and assured me that it would be resolved.today I have my card after one month I entered the country.
@ricaabrams follow the advice.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LegitBoyy: 5:42am On Feb 04, 2021
Phenmeson:

Congrats. E mean say make man go hustle more for priority money. Interview for 2hrs no be joke ooo. Spelling of the University name cari muscle ooo. Names like Aberystwyth, Bishop Grosseteste, Ravensbourne University etc Na to dey apply for names like Hull & Bath University ve dat ooo. Na God's grace and favour sure pass ooo

Even if you paid for priority and your application isn’t straightforward, it won’t be treated as a priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:45am On Feb 04, 2021
Phenmeson:

Congrats. E mean say make man go hustle more for priority money. Interview for 2hrs no be joke ooo. Spelling of the University name cari muscle ooo. Names like Aberystwyth, Bishop Grosseteste, Ravensbourne University etc Na to dey apply for names like Hull & Bath University ve dat ooo. Na God's grace and favour sure pass ooo

Also to add Priority can be called for interview as well...... the difference might be they tell you sooner to be interviewed than a standard application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LegitBoyy: 5:49am On Feb 04, 2021
Phatkings:

The 5 million does it include accommodation, visa fee, air fair etc or just tuition fee... If it is just tuition yes it is but if it encompasses everything orgar e no go anywhere

True but my total budget was N5m before I started my process but I stubbornly forged ahead even when I knew it wasn’t going to be easy lol. It wasn’t easy man but I am fully enrolled and living here now.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LegitBoyy: 5:51am On Feb 04, 2021
Doodoo10:
My dad just told me he budgeted 5mill Naira for my masters degree in the UK.

I graduated with second Class lower in Petroleum Engineering in 2014 and wish to diverge to IT, preferably data analytic or cyber Security.

Please house, is 5 million enough to purse this. What are your general advise to me.

God bless you all.

Start the process bruh and I can assure you that your Pman won’t mind to spare an extra 1 or 2m when you get to a stage that you will need it. I started my process last year with this budget too. It wasn’t easy but I scaled it. Patch up here and there but I was still able to push for it and I don’t regret it for once.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by longidorous: 6:27am On Feb 04, 2021
LagosismyHome:

This topic has come up before ..... but as none of us works in UKVI , it best to play it safe when it comes to giving you an advice..... I would say from personal experience I worked with like 3 people and we used that one with lower rate(524 method) and it was absolutely fine. It never occured to us to even look at the other rate because in my opinion that not how you calulate exchange rate

However both conversation are there and can lead to even UKVI using whichever you think is right or wrong way .... so if i were you . If you dont want to start counting again and use that
Then include a cover letter, Just one page saying you submitting this application based on today's exchange rate on oanda, and include a screen shot in that cover letter (of the 524 only ) ...... that way the case officer knows you are using that exchange rate which is a legitimate conversion rate for that date . Let that cover letter be the first pdf of your bank statement

Thanks for this advise. Really helped.

Dependant Visa gotten!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 8:04am On Feb 04, 2021
please check your mail.
Gbolly101:

I am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2021
Greatnesslomo:
Please can anyone help with any approved covid 19 testing centres around ikeja for uk border entry?also how many days interval must one do the test before flight?

http://www.diagnosemeafrica.com (54gene)

Amongst the 7-paying testing labs from NCDC

If you’re traveling on Saturday let’s say, you’ll need to do it today because the test comes out in 20-48hrs.

I’m on my way to Ikeja to do mine for Saturday flight.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by adeniyy01: 8:46am On Feb 04, 2021
Greatnesslomo:

Afriglobal at mobolaji Anthony

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Otokini01: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2021
Otokini01:
Please has Skype interviews resumed at the tls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Temitopegold221: 9:39am On Feb 04, 2021
You. Can. Use Union Diagnostic at Tejuoso yaba , that was where I did my covid test, I got my result same day, just. Make sure you get there before 9am
Greatnesslomo:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracedom: 9:43am On Feb 04, 2021
[quote author=Otokini01 post=98727727][/quote]

No for now unless you are specifically told that you will be interviewed after your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracedom: 9:44am On Feb 04, 2021
Temitopegold221:
You. Can. Use Union Diagnostic at Tejuoso yaba , that was where I did my covid test, I got my result same day, just. Make sure you get there before 9am

Oh really? Can the test be done outside the listed recognized centers by NCDC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tuncutie(f): 10:14am On Feb 04, 2021
longidorous:

LagosismyHome
Mimilyrics

I traveled on the 1st of feb on a dependant v,The question asked was- can I see your covid test result, locator form, who are you going to meet and name of school.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by membelle: 11:09am On Feb 04, 2021
Please how do I escalate to UKVI I am still waiting for a response despite paying for priority and did biometrics on Jan 27. I got a non straight forward mail though but no reply from them since
Gracedom:

Oh really? Can the test be done outside the listed recognized centers by NCDC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracedom: 11:34am On Feb 04, 2021
membelle:
Please how do I escalate to UKVI I am still waiting for a response despite paying for priority and did biometrics on Jan 27. I got a non straight forward mail though but no reply from them since

It’s just 6 working days today. Even without the non straightforward mail, priority is 5-7working days. Now with the mail, it might or might not take extra days. My advice is you wait till next week before thinking of contacting them.

Meanwhile, let me tell u wat they told me wen I sent a paid email: (mine is 19th for dependents)

“...Please note, the priority service does not guarantee that you will receive a decision within certain number of days.

It only means that your application would be put in front of the queue. We aim to complete priority applications as soon as possible however it may get delayed due to several factors.

If it has been over 15 working days for non- settlement applications or 30 working days for settlement applications, please provide the following details:...”
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 11:59am On Feb 04, 2021
Thank you for helping out.

dejol88:

Go to the UK government https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect and follow the instructions therein . When filling the form, you will see a box where you can post a comment. In that box, put 20 days chaser and your case would be treated as priority.
I had similar issues as yours but resolved after I escalated to every mail I could see. Luckily they all responded and assured me that it would be resolved.today I have my card after one month I entered the country.
@ricaabrams follow the advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 12:05pm On Feb 04, 2021
Advice from one who has been there.

Congratulations to you.

LegitBoyy:

Start the process bruh and I can assure you that your Pman won’t mind to spare an extra 1 or 2m when you get to a stage that you will need it. I started my process last year with this budget too. It wasn’t easy but I scaled it. Patch up here and there but I was still able to push for it and I don’t regret it for once.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
Congratulations Victor, I was in the guest section reading your comments before the arrival of your visa.

The questions you asked as well as answers given have been helpful.

Soar higher.

Victorex001:

http://www.diagnosemeafrica.com (54gene)

Amongst the 7-paying testing labs from NCDC

If you’re traveling on Saturday let’s say, you’ll need to do it today because the test comes out in 20-48hrs.

I’m on my way to Ikeja to do mine for Saturday flight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.