Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309642 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tomyusf141: 6:33am On Mar 05, 2021
Just thought I should let this out there.
The PSW is an offer that every student is eligible to but yet conditional. Idk if you guys saw the “brightest and best international students part “
So I’m guessing that means if you graduate with (distinction or merit) only.
But if na pass or fail you carry grin
Muritala straight !!!
Have a great day everyone

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FifthTribe: 6:52am On Mar 05, 2021
After more than a month of waiting for a decision to be made, I got a mail for interview. Imagine!! Please can someone help with interview tips Nd possible question ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by unstoppable0209(f): 8:06am On Mar 05, 2021
Good morning everyone. I need your advise and guidance please on this.
I am the main application Jan entry, and I am in the UK studying and I have kids, but in my application I picked NO in the space for does anyone depend on you financially? Apart from my husband details I didn't put my kids details in my application which was the mistake I did, but they want to apply soon as my dependent with my husband hope this will not be an issue? Or do I need to inform the UKVi about this in there application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by naijastirling: 8:22am On Mar 05, 2021
FifthTribe:
After more than a month of waiting for a decision to be made, I got a mail for interview. Imagine!! Please can someone help with interview tips Nd possible question ?

Curled from Babalaje

Interview questions.
1. Confirm your name and date of birth
2. Why the UK? After I responded, then he asked
3. How did you know that countries like US, Canada and Australia don't have the benefits you highlighted
4. Did you research about other countries to know what they have to offer?
5. Why the University of your choice?
6. Are you saying other UK Universities don't have what you mentioned?
7. Did you apply to other Universities? Name the Universities
8. So, why do you prefer your University to these ones?
9. Your course
10. Why the course?
11. Course modules?
12. Which of the modules are you looking forward to studying?
13. What have you been doing since you finished in 2xxx?
14. Mention those places you have worked and the number of years you spent at each of them?
15. Have you run any postgraduate degree?
16. Are there no Universities in your home country where you can study this course? I said yes, then he asked
17. Why do you now want to leave your home country where you can study the same course at an affordable price?
18. What are your future plans?
19. Which one of them are you particular about? I mentioned a profession, then he asked
20. What are the requirements for being a XXXX?
21. Where did you get the information?
22. Can you mention the exact place where you will probably work when you return?
23. What much would you be earning?
24. How much are you currently earning?
25. Where do you work?
26. Tell me how your first degree relate to your intended course of study
27. Do you have anything to say?
28. Are you happy with this interview?
You will receive a decision mail in a couple of days.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nkem222: 8:31am On Mar 05, 2021
Tomyusf141:
The PSW is an offer that every student is eligible to but yet conditional. Idk if you guys saw the “brightest and best international students part “
Muritala straight !!!
hmmmm so even while working we still gat to study very hard.God no go shame US

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ayo21Bami: 9:00am On Mar 05, 2021
Hello House, Please after making initial deposit payment and fulfilling all condition on your offer, how long does it take for CAS to be issued. The school is University of Chester
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oppsonn: 9:14am On Mar 05, 2021
Nkem222:
hmmmm so even while working we still gat to study very hard.God no go shame US

God won't shame us ... We just have to find a way to balance both

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ibm08: 9:45am On Mar 05, 2021
Its depend on your school.

But basically, its from 1week to 3 weeks max.

Ayo21Bami:
Hello House, Please after making initial deposit payment and fulfilling all condition on your offer, how long does it take for CAS to be issued. The school is University of Chester
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ibm08: 9:46am On Mar 05, 2021
Do we have anyone going to uk on Sunday?

If yes, i have a good news for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LavishUK: 9:52am On Mar 05, 2021
Please when is it advisable to make initial deposit for September 2021 batch?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Olorunfemi101: 10:23am On Mar 05, 2021
Anyone with type of questions to be asked for Credibility Interview with University. Kindly share. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JDQueen: 10:45am On Mar 05, 2021
Ayo21Bami:
With in one week after payment confirmation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Choconilla: 11:17am On Mar 05, 2021
Olorunfemi101:
Anyone with type of questions to be asked for Credibility Interview with University. Kindly share. Thanks

What they asked me for credibility interview with University is almost the same thing posted up there for visa interview. Go through it ,it is quite helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 11:48am On Mar 05, 2021
FifthTribe:

Do you have a previous visa refusal?

If yes, did you declare it?

Was your application standard or priority?

My tips for credibility interview:

(1) Know your personal statement very well

(2) Know your course modules especially the core ones

(3) Know your program facilities

(4) Know your school

Number 2, 3 & 4 can be found on your school’s website.

Random interview questions from nairalanders

- Name
- Date of Birth
- Nationality

- what is your course title?
- why are you going to the UK?
- Why are you going to this particular school?
- what gave this school advantage over other schools?
- why are you doing this course?
- what are the modules in this course?

- who is sponsoring you?
- why is she sponsoring you?
- what does she do?
- where does she work?
- How much does she earn?

- What do you do?
- Where do you work?
- How much do you earn monthly?
- is anyone financially dependent on you?
- How much will be your maintenance/accommodation in the UK?
- Will you be coming back to your present job after completing this course?

- why are you going for this course now?
- what do you plan to do after completing this course?
- what are your future plans?
- Are you doing this course now because of the UK post-graduate visa?

1. Confirm your name and date of birth
2. Why the UK? After I responded, then he asked
3. How did you know that countries like the US, Canada and Australia don't have the benefits you highlighted
4. Did you research about other countries to know what they have to offer?
5. Why the University of your choice?
6. Are you saying other UK Universities don't have what you mentioned?
7. Did you apply to other Universities? Name the Universities
8. So, why do you prefer your University to these ones?
9. Your course
10. Why the course?
11. Course modules?
12. Which of the modules are you looking forward to studying?
13. What have you been doing since you finished in 2xxx?
14. Mention those places you have worked and the number of years you spent at each of them?
15. Have you run any postgraduate degree?
16. Are there no Universities in your home country where you can study this course? I said yes, then he asked
17. Why do you now want to leave your home country where you can study the same course at an affordable price?
18. What are your future plans?
19. Which one of them are you particular about? I mentioned a profession, then he asked
20. What are the requirements for being a XXXX?
21. Where did you get the information?
22. Can you mention the exact place where you will probably work when you return?
23. What much would you be earning?
24. How much are you currently earning?
25. Where do you work?
26. Tell me how your first degree relate to your intended course of study
27. Do you have anything to say?
28. Are you happy with this interview?

Can you confirm your name?
I'm not sure of your date of birth.
What is your nationality?
What is the name of the course you will be studying?
Is that a masters course?
Why did you choose to study the course?
Which university?
Why the university?
Did you consider any other university?
For the same course?
Why did you choose to study in the UK?
After your NYSC, what have you been doing?
What job description and role did you occupy?
Why do you want to return to your studies now?
Were you able to use what you studied in your undergraduate studies in your job roles?
What core modules will you be taking?
Which module will you be interested in?
Is there anything else you will like me to know regarding your application?
Are you still feeling well at the end of this interview?
Are you happy with how your interview went?

I wish you good luck.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Damidolly: 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2021
This is not true, So far you graduate with a minimum of second class and you can find a job after your studies, you're good to go.
Concerning dependent, what they are saying is that you can only claim someone to be your dependent while studying, once you get your post study working visa, you cannot claim a dependent any longer. So, if you are married, let your partner or kids apply for their dependent visa while you are still studying.
I think this is straight forward
Tomyusf141:
Muritala straight !!!

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oppsonn: 1:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
Damidolly:
This is not true, So far you graduate with a minimum of second class and you can find a job after your studies, you're good to go.
Concerning dependent, what they are saying is that you can only claim someone to be your dependent while studying, once you get your post study working visa, you cannot claim a dependent any longer. So, if you are married, let your partner or kids apply for their dependent visa while you are still studying.

Second Class upper is Merit in UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
LavishUK:
Please when is it advisable to make initial deposit for September 2021 batch?

Anytime your school allows you to.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2021
Tomyusf141:
Muritala straight !!!

Lol!!! Forget grammar, they simply mean students who successfully completes their degrees.

That’s the only condition.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tomyusf141: 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2021
Damidolly:

Dami.. I’m not talking about the dependents now as that is another topic.
I’m buttressing what I feel they mean with “ brightest and the best international student”
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tomyusf141: 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
Samopex05:

Lol!!! Forget grammar, they simply mean students who successfully completes their degrees.

That’s the only condition.

Lol, issokay grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ayo21Bami: 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2021
Thank you JD Queen, your answers are always accurate, i got their offer on the 6th week like you said.

JDQueen:

With in one week after payment confirmation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ayo21Bami: 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
Thank you.

Ibm08:
Its depend on your school.

But basically, its from 1week to 3 weeks max.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Peckyfly: 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2021
[quote author=eddymatti post=99464645]
Good day everyone.
Thanks for the info and experience shared so far.
Please I need an urgent info;
How do I pay for my IHS and visa fee (priority service)?
Urgent response needed abeg

Paga isn't working and dorm account is too expensive.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JDQueen: 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
Ayo21Bami:
Thank you JD Queen, your answers are always accurate, i got their offer on the 6th week like you said.

You are welcome.
What campus is your study taking place?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JDQueen: 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2021
[quote author=Peckyfly post=99632012][/quote]

Unfortunately, Dom Account or If you have someone abroad to make payment for you is the only solution now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Peckyfly: 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2021
Unfortunately, Dom Account or If you have someone abroad to make payment for you is the only solution now.[/quote]uote author=Peckyfly post=99632012][/quote]

Arrhh, that's extra 140naira per pound if I'm using Dom...its much oooooooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2021
Hello all.
I have been a silent reader for a while. After 2 Canada study refusal I have decided to shake off the frustration and disappointment and try the UK route.i have read so much here and it has helped me a great deal.Thanks to everyone that has contributed.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Krissy01(f): 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by MarketDispatch: 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
Krissy01:
Hi guys I need your honest opinion on this, like put yourself in my shoes and tell me what you would do. ok so I started this studying abroad journey back in 2019 I was fresh out of high school and didn't plan on schooling in Nigeria, Canada has always been ttion neither is schooling in Ukraine Cyprus or turkey so pls I need as much opinions as I can get

Krissy01, always consider using paragraphs for easy read.

Before you send in an application, there is always a last page that says declaration.

Always check each and every line of the Visa form and ensure you have provided the documents required as per the checklist.

Do not be in a hurry to sign and send off applications.

Visa decisions are carried out based on the document supplied.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by MarketDispatch: 4:32pm On Mar 05, 2021
Yemolu:
Hello all.
I have been a silent reader for a while. After 2 Canada study refusal I have decided to shake off the frustration and disappointment and try the UK route.i have read so much here and it has helped me a great deal.Thanks to everyone that has contributed.

Do you mind sharing the basis for refusal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
Please I need one or two advice to make up mind on a decision.

I have a cousin in cardiff with a registered business who is willing to accommodate and help me with necessary connections to get a part time job as soon as I arrive.

I have applied for admissions into 5 schools.
My undergraduate discipline is Accounting (first class)
I work in the Finance dept of a Public Office.
I have 3 dependants but will be applying for them much later.

I have gotten 3 admission offers in the 1,2,3 schools listed below and awaiting decision for 4&5

1. Cardiff metropolitan- International business Management (free accommodation from cousin in cardiff)
Tuition: 12,500

2. University of south wales - Forensic audit and accounting (free accommodation from cousin I. Cardiff)
Tuition: 11,800

3. Sheffield hallam- Forensic Accounting
(hoping to apply for 50% transformation scholarship but have no one there)
Tuition : 12,460,
*IF* awarded scholarship; 7,230

4.Cardiff university - Computing( free accommodation also but too expensive , so i won't be accepting)
Tuition: 18,000( even after deducting award of 5k)

5. Glasgow - Data analytics for Economics and Finance (expensive but hoping to apply for full tuition waiver for First class international students)
Tuition- 21,000.
*IF* awarded scholarship; Full tuition waiver with stipend for maintenance..

Please guys for the scenarios above , what do you think is the best to go for, given my situation

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.