Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309668 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2021
The generic refusal they usually give jare but gcms notes showed visa Officer not satisfied with third party sponsorship. My own brother o!!

2nd application : brother transferred funds into my account and I reapplied.
GCMS showed recommend interview but still got refusal letter a month after.

MarketDispatch:

Do you mind sharing the basis for refusal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
Krissy01:
Hi guys I need your honest opinion on this, like put yourself in my shoes and tell me what you would do. ok so I started this studying abroad journey back in 2019 I was fresh out of high school and didn't plan on schooling in Nigeria,

Canada has always been the only country on my mind. So I apply to one school in Canada, university of Manitoba, Winnipeg I was granted admission in November 2019 and applied for visa December of that same year, my decision envelope came and I was denied because of insufficient fund not because I didn't have the money the account I used wasn't funded.
so we funded the account and applied again and I forgot to add am not the only one going it's me and my sister, and when I mean wasn't funded the money there wasn't enough for two people. So we funded the account and applied again in February 2020 and yes we we're using an agent so I didn't get any response from the embassy till October when only passport was returned without it being stamped and a little note which says Decision making is still in progress, final decision not taken I found that weird but since they gave a reasons I kept on waiting, sending emails and webforms till February when I reached out to my agent and he said he got a mail from IRCC and he needed to see us privately and I was like wondering what went wrong so we met up with him only to tell me I've been banned from Canada for 5years for misrepresentation. Turns out IRCC already sent him an email since October to respond to clear their suspicion about misrepresentation and my agent didn't respond to them neither did he let us know about it until he was arrested, This was the same for my sister.
I posted that on nairaland asking for you guys help and so on, i was told to avoid these countries:US UK Australia and New Zealand because they share the same database with Canada. Now I've searched for countries and I've come to the decision that Germany was ok for both me and my sister I've even picked two schools already and yes I'm going for a Bachelors degree and I plan to study anything relating to business, it could be marketing, business admin.,management e.t.c.

So now I've spent 2yrs at home already and all my classmate are in school and I don't want to waste this year again on a country that would waste my time and money then not grant me visa and with what am seeing they said booking Appointment date with Germany is like asking the Nigerian government to pass a death sentence bill for (financial) corruption which is a first red flag for me like I don't have have another year to waste I want my application to move smoothly.
my question is do you have any know country that I could try I mean put yourself in my shoes and tell Me what you would do? At this point I'm confused and No schooling in Nigeria is not an option neither is schooling in Ukraine Cyprus or turkey so pls I need as much opinions as I can get. I also forgot to add that my mom is my only sponsor and I'm the only one running my application myself

There are many undergraduate from Nigeria universities that have gone on to do great things .... dont be too quick to write Nigeria off especially for undergraduate level .

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2021
Getting a ban in Canada doesn't technically mean you are banned from trying UK.
I can't speak of the other countries listed as I do not know how they operate but as long as you are truthful on your UK student visa application about previous immigration history (that's if you intend to apply) and meet the requirements. Ee worse pass them go grill you with questions.

All the best

Krissy01:
Hi guys I need your honest opinion on this, like put yourself in my shoes and tell me what you would do. ok so I started this studying abroad journey back in 2019 I was fresh out of high school and didn't plan on schooling in Nigeria,

Canada has always been the only country on my mind. So I apply to one school in Canada, university of Manitoba, Winnipeg I was granted admission in November 2019 and applied for visa December of that same year, my decision envelope came and I was denied because of insufficient fund not because I didn't have the money the account I used wasn't funded.
so we funded the account and applied again and I forgot to add am not the only one going it's me and my sister, and when I mean wasn't funded the money there wasn't enough for two people. So we funded the account and applied again in February 2020 and yes we we're using an agent so I didn't get any response from the embassy till October when only passport was returned without it being stamped and a little note which says Decision making is still in progress, final decision not taken I found that weird but since they gave a reasons I kept on waiting, sending emails and webforms till February when I reached out to my agent and he said he got a mail from IRCC and he needed to see us privately and I was like wondering what went wrong so we met up with him only to tell me I've been banned from Canada for 5years for misrepresentation. Turns out IRCC already sent him an email since October to respond to clear their suspicion about misrepresentation and my agent didn't respond to them neither did he let us know about it until he was arrested, This was the same for my sister.
I posted that on nairaland asking for you guys help and so on, i was told to avoid these countries:US UK Australia and New Zealand because they share the same database with Canada. Now I've searched for countries and I've come to the decision that Germany was ok for both me and my sister I've even picked two schools already and yes I'm going for a Bachelors degree and I plan to study anything relating to business, it could be marketing, business admin.,management e.t.c.

So now I've spent 2yrs at home already and all my classmate are in school and I don't want to waste this year again on a country that would waste my time and money then not grant me visa and with what am seeing they said booking Appointment date with Germany is like asking the Nigerian government to pass a death sentence bill for (financial) corruption which is a first red flag for me like I don't have have another year to waste I want my application to move smoothly.
my question is do you have any know country that I could try I mean put yourself in my shoes and tell Me what you would do? At this point I'm confused and No schooling in Nigeria is not an option neither is schooling in Ukraine Cyprus or turkey so pls I need as much opinions as I can get. I also forgot to add that my mom is my only sponsor and I'm the only one running my application myself

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Abukeke(f): 7:12pm On Mar 05, 2021
@lagosismyhome @justwise @aprokodaughter and other elders.

Could u kindly advise if its possible to apply for visa for myself and partner at the same time and we travel to the UK with our kids who have US passports..Then when we get to the UK, we plan on getting their dependent visa later.
Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2021
Not possible. Even EU passport holders dey apply for visas now before they can legally stay cheesy not to talk of non-eu

Abukeke:

Could u kindly advise if its possible to apply for visa for myself and partner at the same time and we travel to the UK with our kids who have US passports..Then when we get to the UK, we plan on getting their dependent visa later.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cascas: 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2021
Pls has anyone made payment for tuition deposit regarding University of hull(Sept 2021 intake)

Seems they don't accept Form A as part of their payment options.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mumzt: 8:02pm On Mar 05, 2021
Abukeke:

Thanks in advance

You will be stressed at the point of entry because your kids are only visitors and you are going as a student. I know this for sure as it happened to my friend. She was eventually allowed and the baby was stamped in for only three weeks. She was asked to convert his status within the three weeks. She had indefinite leave to remain and went to have the baby in the US

Secondly, your kids can’t convert their visas to be your dependents while in the Uk, they’d have to do it from America or Nigeria. Which means they must leave and apply from where they have legal status.

Hope this answers you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Abukeke(f): 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
Yes, I appreciate your response. many thanks.

mumzt:

You will be stressed at the point of entry because your kids are only visitors and you are going as a student. I know this for sure as it happened to my friend. She was eventually allowed and the baby was stamped in for only three weeks. She was asked to convert his status within the three weeks. She had indefinite leave to remain and went to have the baby in the US

Secondly, your kids can’t convert their visas to be your dependents while in the Uk, they’d have to do it from America or Nigeria. Which means they must leave and apply from where they have legal status.

Hope this answers you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FieryJoe: 9:49pm On Mar 05, 2021
Please I picked something from your message. Can you please tell me more about transformation scholarship? Can't find any info on their site... I applied to Sheffield for a course starting this March but the course is damn too high!

Yemolu:
Please I need one or two advice to make up mind on a decision.

I have a cousin in cardiff with a registered business who is willing to accommodate and help me with necessary connections to get a part time job as soon as I arrive.

I have applied for admissions into 5 schools.
My undergraduate discipline is Accounting (first class)
I work in the Finance dept of a Public Office.
I have 3 dependants but will be applying for them much later.

I have gotten 3 admission offers in the 1,2,3 schools listed below and awaiting decision for 4&5

1. Cardiff metropolitan- International business Management (free accommodation from cousin in cardiff)
Tuition: 12,500

2. University of south wales - Forensic audit and accounting (free accommodation from cousin I. Cardiff)
Tuition: 11,800

3. Sheffield hallam- Forensic Accounting
(hoping to apply for 50% transformation scholarship but have no one there)
Tuition : 12,460,
*IF* awarded scholarship; 7,230

4.Cardiff university - Computing( free accommodation also but too expensive , so i won't be accepting)
Tuition: 18,000( even after deducting award of 5k)

5. Glasgow - Data analytics for Economics and Finance (expensive but hoping to apply for full tuition waiver for First class international students)
Tuition- 21,000.
*IF* awarded scholarship; Full tuition waiver with stipend for maintenance..

Please guys for the scenarios above , what do you think is the best to go for, given my situation

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenofderby: 10:00pm On Mar 05, 2021
Krissy01:

My sister try UK. Get a new passport... U don't know if ur agent even tampared with your previous one... Apply for schools, do not disclose your visa refusals to schools If they do not ask. choose one of the schools. pay your deposit. Get your CAS from school. Ensure the require fee plus maintenance fund is in your personal account for at least 28 days.. Please I beg you do not use agent this time around. If you are confused about the process all schools av visa assistance agent or so.
Now during ur visa application - indicate your study refusal.
Reason-"Under Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
(IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection
Regulations (IRPR)"..write this only and
Do not mention ban... Also couple it with fasting and prayer... Wishing you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:10pm On Mar 05, 2021
Queenofderby:

My sister try UK. Get a new passport... U don't know if ur agent even tampared with your previous one... Apply for schools, do not disclose your visa refusals to schools If they do not ask. choose one of the schools. pay your deposit. Get your CAS from school. Ensure the require fee plus maintenance fund is in your personal account for at least 28 days.. Please I beg you do not use agent this time around. If you are confused about the process all schools av visa assistance agent or so.
Do not mention ban... Also couple it with fasting and prayer... Wishing you all the best.

Praying and fasting after lying from admission application to visa application? No wonder thieving men of God still have followers.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Cloud007: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2021
Ezriela:
So sorry about this. Pls let's be guided with our SOA. If it's not clear enough,we can always request for a reprint.

Later raised hell with the bank. They confessed that error was made during Statement confirmation to embassy. I got several calls with apologies but I will definitely sue their ass soon.

Still waiting for administrative review result.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cascas: 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
Pls has anyone made payment for tuition deposit regarding University of hull(Sept 2021 intake)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
Queenofderby:

you just come on here and talk rubbish like it’s magic I wonder how you Nigerians think most times
You basically want to put her in a bigger mess how do you tell someone to lie again after been banned for misrepresentation from a country that shares data base with UK
For your information if you tell them or not once they have your biometrics they would find out
If you have issues with the neighbouring country happened to me ( Canada / USA ) they checked if I was clean or committed any offence
So please think 3 times before coming on here to drop your advice

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenofderby: 11:05pm On Mar 05, 2021
justwise:

Praying and fasting after lying from admission application to visa application? No wonder thieving men of God still have followers.
Mr man... Why didn't you highlight all I wrote... I said do not disclose if the school did not ask

Also I did not tell her to lie...
All I am saying is that she should use wisdom in answering.
This has worked for some people... Do not try to discourage people...
Do not come and claim innocenti here..

I have studied your comments here and it is always to discourage other people... You know what you did before you land for UK... Dat is even if u are in the abroad..

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenofderby: 11:08pm On Mar 05, 2021
Malone122:
you just come on here and talk rubbish like it’s magic I wonder how you Nigerians think most times
You basically want to put her in a bigger mess how do you tell someone to lie again after been banned for misrepresentation from a country that shares data base with UK
For your information if you tell them or not once they have your biometrics they would find out
If you have issues with the neighbouring country happened to me ( Canada / USA ) they checked if I was clean or committed any offence
So please think 3 times before coming on here to drop your stupid advice

This was my opinion.. Please don't call it stupid. You can tell me politely that it can't work.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2021
Queenofderby:
This was my opinion.. Please don't call it stupid. You can tell me politely that it can't work.
hmm hmm good point my apologies grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hasniemohaz: 11:21pm On Mar 05, 2021
Hello good people, I have had B1B2 rufusals like three times before. Does it affect my UK student amdissionand visa?... Thank you good people
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2021
That's the School's website link . You will get all the info on the eligibility there

https://www.shu.ac.uk/international/fees-scholarships-and-discounts/scholarships-discounts-and-bursaries/transform-together-scholarships

FieryJoe:
Please I picked something from your message. Can you please tell me more about transformation scholarship? Can't find any info on their site... I applied to Sheffield for a course starting this March but the course is damn too high!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Onyxfidel1(f): 11:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
Please do anyone know if embassy have ever interviewed a dependant of recent.

Anyone with experience can share. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by nicerichard05: 12:01am On Mar 06, 2021
Queenofderby:

What if the school request for visa refusal n4 cas is issued. Is it okay to write yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmaze2000(m): 12:17am On Mar 06, 2021
cascas:

They accept Form A
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ODAVI(m): 1:05am On Mar 06, 2021
Expert in the house, can someone pay the IHS fee twice..... Where the first visa was successful but a student is reapplying again to another school/sponsor?

Expert in the house, can someone use the previous IHS fee reference number twice..... Where the first visa was successful but a student is reapplying again to another school/sponsor?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Donas11(m): 2:28am On Mar 06, 2021
Good Morning all,I recently got admission at Teeside University(2yrs Msc)

Tuition fee:£7500 per year

I was given a £2000 scholarship for my first year and mandated to pay a tuition deposit of £4000 in other for me to get my CAS.

Please my sponsor wants a comprehensive breakdown of how much it will cost me to get to MiddlesBorough..

The whole Visa process,the health insurance, TB and Covid test, Pocket money and Proof of funds payment(9k plus ??)

He needs this breakdown before going ahead to pay the tuition deposit of £4000 and he wants to know the total estimated cost for my first year..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by haywhy17(m): 2:56am On Mar 06, 2021
Donas11:

I was given a £2000 scholarship for my first year and mandated to pay a tuition deposit of £4000 in other for me to get my CAS.

Please my sponsor wants a comprehensive breakdown of how much it will cost me to get to MiddlesBorough..

The whole Visa process,the health insurance, TB and Covid test, Pocket money and Proof of funds payment(9k plus ??)

He needs this breakdown before going ahead to pay the tuition deposit of £4000 and he wants to know the total estimated cost for my first year..

Total is about N7.5m... this includes your pocket money, flight, medical test, ihs and every other thing. In fact, it will land you in the UK. However, the 7.5 does not include the initial deposit of 4I you are required to pay o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 7:15am On Mar 06, 2021
Queenofderby:

Mr man... Why didn't you highlight all I wrote... I said do not disclose if the school did not ask

Also I did not tell her to lie...
All I am saying is that she should use wisdom in answering.
This has worked for some people... Do not try to discourage people...
Do not come and claim innocenti here..

I have studied your comments here and it is always to discourage other people... You know what you did before you land for UK... Dat is even if u are in the abroad..

Obviously lying is your middle name, of course you told the op to lie and you are still lying about it.

Someone was banned by Canadian embassy and you are encouraging the same person to lie to the Uk embassy and the school.

What do you I did before I land in the UK?

I don’t feel sorry for anyone that takes you advice and get caught.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 7:19am On Mar 06, 2021
Donas11:

The breakdown is in page one of this thread please take your time to read it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.