Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1303165 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Destiny20five: 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
Yes you can.... Your wife will be the one to fill all the necessary information as well as a consent form for her account to be debited.

Please remember to go with all necessary documents... Degree certificate, Intl passport, invoice from the school and admission letter

hapiaka:
So this means that we can use an account that is not in our name to make payment for the form A?
I can use my wife account so far we will go to the bank together.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by caleb00(m): 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
ugomnaanny:
I requested a call back and they called. So i asked

Good day, I remember you applied to UWL, did u later get an offer and is that the school you intend to go, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tpain22: 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hi house, My spouse dependent visa came with work restriction written on it, and also their was no letter in the DHL envelope but others had letters from UKVI to present on arrival.. My agent says this isn't an issue especially the letter.. what do you guys think? That until I pick up my BRP before I can complain
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by caleb00(m): 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2021
Good day I’d like to pay my tuition while in Nigeria through form a, I’d like to know which bank pays faster.

Also has anyone used KLM/airfrance to get to London since brexit, is there any difference. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by caleb00(m): 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
tpain22:
Hi house, My spouse dependent visa came with work restriction written on it, and also their was no letter in the DHL envelope but others had letters from UKVI to present on arrival.. My agent says this isn't an issue especially the letter.. what do you guys think? That until I pick up my BRP before I can complain

If it’s a student visa, it would come with a 20 hours/per week work restriction. As for the letter of don’t think it’s important because i was never ask to provide it at the border
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Destiny20five: 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
Someone used UBA yesterday and was debited few hours later. So maybe you can try using them.

Average processing time for most banks is 3 - 5 working days.

Eco bank, union bank, keystone, stanbic seem to be in popular demand as well.

caleb00:
Good day I’d like to pay my tuition while in Nigeria through form a, I’d like to know which bank pays faster.

Also has anyone used KLM/airfrance to get to London since brexit, is there any difference. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
tpain22:

What was the exact wording..... dependent should not have restrictions so it might be a mistake. There been other post here in the past stating mistake as well, and there is an old post on how to correct it with UKVI

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
caleb00:

Even if you’re not staying. You’ll need the transit visa last I checked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tpain22: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
LagosismyHome:

What was the exact wording..... dependent should not have restrictions so it might be a mistake. There been other post here in the past stating mistake as well, and there is an old post on how to correct it with UKVI

The words were Work restricted, no sportsperson and no public funds.. I believe it's a mistake as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tpain22: 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
caleb00:

If it’s a student visa, it would come with a 20 hours/per week work restriction. As for the letter of don’t think it’s important because i was never ask to provide it at the border

Alright.. thanks for the feed back
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:46pm On Apr 20, 2021
tpain22:

The words were Work restricted, no sportsperson and no public funds.. I believe it's a mistake as well

Depends.... this way it can mean you can work but not as a " sportsperson" ... and that the only work restriction

However if this a new way of wording, some employers in UK might not be familar and think it means no work allowed at all. Which leads to confusion and frustration if you want to work. Hopefully any employer will read it as sportsperson been the work restriction

You can contact UKVI and check once you arrive ....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2021
hapiaka:
@justwise and co
pls i have M.Sc in Environmental management and control already in Nigeria. I have gotten an offer in Universiy of Bradford for M.Sc Bioinformatics and i aslo just got an offer in University of Derby for MSc Environ Assessment Control again. pls advice me on what to choose for a man applying for visa with dependent in both courses and cities. jobs and livin standards.
i intend to make deposit witing the next 48hrs to either of the school.

Sorry for late reply.. how much are their school fees?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Hinxx: 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
erekilicious:
Please, I would like to know which school you applied to, looking for a better offer other than Teesside. Thanks

University of Salford
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hapiaka: 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
university of derby 14645gbp
bradford university 15885gbp
justwise:

Sorry for late reply.. how much are their school fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oggg: 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
tpain22:

not a mistake... it shud be restricted work, no den or dr training, no sportsperson, no public funds.. it is not a mistake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2021
hapiaka:
university of derby 14645gbp
bradford university 15885gbp

Go for Bradford if you can afford it, better ranked, affordable city to live, close to Leeds, you can work in Leeds while living in Bradford if you are unable to get student job in Bradford, don't worry about job after graduation as you can always move to any city to search for job or work
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Asake1759(f): 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2021
T
shegzy80:
I'm also planning to go to the hull by september.........please let's connect as well. kiss

That's awesome! Please share your contact so we can connect on whatsapp
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DokunOmowon: 8:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
Anyone with CAS information for Liverpool Hope University for October 2016. Pre- CAS form submitted since early April, no response yet on CAS review panel. No response to mails either
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tifaniaj: 8:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
Swansea people o let’s know ourselves biko.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by elllalistic(f): 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
Good afternoon everyone.

Please I want to know if masters in Fintech (specifically because I'm considering staying back after studies? is a good course as I'm a graduate of Economics.

Although I would have love to opt for Data science program but most of the schools are asking for programming skills or a computer science degree.

Please I will really appreciate your advise. Thanks and God bless. [/quote]

Abeg na
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by caleb00(m): 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2021
Does that incur more cost and is the process any different normal visa application process

AAO7:

Even if you’re not staying. You’ll need the transit visa last I checked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tifaniaj: 10:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
elllalistic:
Good afternoon everyone.

Please I want to know if masters in Fintech (specifically because I'm considering staying back after studies? is a good course as I'm a graduate of Economics.

Although I would have love to opt for Data science program but most of the schools are asking for programming skills or a computer science degree.

Please I will really appreciate your advise. Thanks and God bless.

Abeg na

Hi I have never been to the UK so am not sure my advice will be the best. Fin tech should not be bad since it is a combination of finance and tech. I feel you should start working on your IT skills like python, R, SQL and the likes. You can also start to check for jobs in fintech and check for their requirements so you can start working on your skills to meet up. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Rappen: 10:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
Destiny20five:
If anyone wants to use Form A today, I will advise you go to Eco bank. I have been to 3 different banks today and Eco bank's rate is the smallest. Union bank said 582.24..... First bank said 581.4 and even told me it could take 2 to 4 weeks.

I will be going with Eco bank, it's 577.1 and the processing time is 3 to 5 working days.

The banker told me yesterday's rate was even 570 as against the 576 Uba and access bank charged.

If you can make it to Eco bank today, then do fast. The market will close by 1pm today.

Stanbic is 571 and within 48hours

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2021
caleb00:

Good day, I remember you applied to UWL, did u later get an offer and is that the school you intend to go, thanks
the last I heard from them was them contacting my refree... the sch I intend going is university of Salford
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
caleb00:
Does that incur more cost and is the process any different normal visa application process

Kindly check for recent updates but because of the Brexit issue, as at 10 days ago, you’ll need to have a transit visa for Amsterdam even if you’re not going out of the airport. It can be done easily as it’s an e-visa but yes it does incur more cost.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by erasourcin: 10:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hi gents

Anyone going to.univereity of Greenwich

I have a conditional offer from University of Greenwich the conditional offer does not come with any scholarships information. I was ask to submit.my waec showing i have a credit in English or I do the English language exam for I get the unconditional offer.

I want to know the job situation and the standard of living around Greenwich

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Cpearl4u: 10:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
vannie21:
Which school?..What did u study in ur first degree

University of Plymouth. Studied Microbiology.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Exoticmm(f): 10:51pm On Apr 20, 2021
AAO7:

I’m currently counting my 28 days towards my statement of account as POF to get my CAS. Yes the statement of account is definitely a condition for CAS. I’ll submit mine in a few days & let you know.

Thank you. Will be waiting for your revert.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hapiaka: 11:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
Thank u for the advice
justwise:

Go for Bradford if you can afford it, better ranked, affordable city to live, close to Leeds, you can work in Leeds while living in Bradford if you are unable to get student job in Bradford, don't worry about job after graduation as you can always move to any city to search for job or work
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hapiaka: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2021
Todays rate? And 48hrs for the school to confirm payment? How sure are u,cos intend to use either ecobank or UBA asap
Rappen:

Stanbic is 571 and within 48hours
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hapiaka: 11:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
Pls i am tring to do Tb test registration,but at the final stage they platform.is not sending confirmation mail to me, i have tried it 4 times using different browser but same issue... Any help?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by loffers(m): 11:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
Good Evening house, please i have 2 questions and i will appreciate if you can assist.
I'm in the process of renewing my passport and my contact person said it might take up to a month before the passport will be out as there are no materials on ground for the printing of passport.

1) Can I apply for admission with only my University transcript and secondary sch certificate ?

2) Can i still send in my application by June/July for September admission?

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.