Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309546 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lajumberg(m): 6:28am On May 06, 2021
Abimercy1:
Thank you.
I used the black market rate, although the money in the account was way more than what's needed.

Ok. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 6:56am On May 06, 2021
EddieMurphie:

Hi, I just sent you a pm. I made a £6,000 tuition deposit to Sheffield Hallam University this afternoon using the school online payment portal, I was sent a payment confirmation immediately.

I would like to ask you some questions however. Thanks

At what rate were you billed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:33am On May 06, 2021
lajumberg:

Congratulations

Pls which rate did you use to calculate the living expense cost in your account. Is it the normal interbank rate of about 530 to 1pound? or the black market value? Or you can just help with the amount (£9150) I will need in Naira, I have a full school fees waiver.

Go to oanda Website........ that the only official rate used, you can add some extra as buffer just incase the exchange rate increases on the day you want to apply

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 7:36am On May 06, 2021
Hello Everyone, Am waiting for admission in a particular school but now I have a change of mind on the course I applied for initially. Now I intend applying again to the same school but with different email for another course. Whats my likely judgment please.

What's the rules on multi application( diff course) in one school

My own suggestions and experience.
You don't have to use another email, you are allowed to apply to about three courses from the same portal.
After submitting one Application, you will continue with another one choosing the course of your choice. All your submissions will be on your page.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:41am On May 06, 2021
MrsAdeniyiJones:
A friend of mine husband gain admission to a school in the uk for sept 2021 admission and the spouse to be will soon apply for Visa.can my friend apply alongside with the husband cos she is 5months pregnant presently ?what are the chances that she wont be denied entering flight?

The visa process does not discriminate against pregnant women so that won't be an issue

However some airlines won't let you fly towards the end of your pregnancy. Check with the airline for their policy on this.

After week 28 of pregnancy, the airline may ask for a letter from your doctor or midwife confirming your due date, and that you aren't at risk of complication.... after 35 weeks some airline can stop you from flying so she needs to plan accordingly . Sometimes the airline staff doesn't notice you are pregnant self smiley or how far along and it goes ok quietly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bsideboi(m): 8:41am On May 06, 2021
Hi guys, for people applying to the University of Hull, I need some clarification with uploading my O'level details. Please where is the appropriate place to put my individual grades eg. Maths - B3, English- C6 etc.?

Or is there an agent from University of Hull that can calrify these things? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by EddieMurphie: 8:52am On May 06, 2021
hustla:

At what rate were you billed?

Made payment with a uk card.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Latyfa: 8:55am On May 06, 2021
Hello, good morning everyone. Please can anyone give me a list of a few schools with low tution in the UK for International Business management or finance and risk management. My budget is below 10k pounds. Thank you �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sammyoo: 9:13am On May 06, 2021
Oh! Thankyou. It's been sorted. I really appreciate.

hosey:

I advise you to go look for admission in cities like Manchester and Birmingham. You will also get the advantage that London has. There are job opportunities there. In addition, it is very cheap. You can see a 2 bedroom apartment for 500 to 600 pounds per month.

Inside central London, 2 bedroom house goes between 2000 to 3000 pounds per month.

South east London, like Peckham, Feltham and Hounslow (which are cheapest place in London), you can get between 1300 to 1600 pounds per month.

2 bedroom is minimum housing that is allowed for 4 tenants. You cant rent one bedroom house as it is illegal and no legit landlord will rent.

When if you live boundary of London, your 2 bedroom rent will be 1000 to 1300 pounds per month. Since you will transport, yourself to London, you are better of living in South East London.

LIVING IN LONDON ON BUDGET IS ONLY ADVISABLE FOR SINGLE STUDENT WHO CAN LIVE IN SHARED ROOM WITH 4 OR MORE PEOPLE. YOUR RENT CAN RANGE FROM 400 TO 600 DEPENDING ON THE LONDON AREA.

IF YOU ARE A FAMILY ON A BUDGET, STAY AWAY FROM LONDON. LIVE IN MANCHESTER OR BIRMINGHAM. WHEN YOU GET GOOD JOB IN LONDON AFTER YOUR STUDIES, YOU CAN TRAVEL TO LONDON AND LIVE THERE.

IF YOU ARE NOT ON BUDGET AND HAVE THE MONEY, THEN LONDON IS OKAY.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sammyoo: 9:21am On May 06, 2021
Hi everyone,
This is just to clear the issue of not getting closer/nearer date on IOM website. I was at their office recently and was able to ask one of their doctors while getting dates is always an headache, her response was that people always misinterpret them, she said dates are only open on monthly basis. For instance, June date is open now, by June, they'll open July and like that. Not that the calendar for the year or quarter is open at once.
Let's take note pls.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 9:24am On May 06, 2021
sammyoo:
Oh! Thankyou. It's been sorted. I really appreciate.

You are welcome
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 9:28am On May 06, 2021
Latyfa:
Hello, good morning everyone. Please can anyone give me a list of a few schools with low tution in the UK for International Business management or finance and risk management. My budget is below 10k pounds. Thank you �
Try University of Hull.

Business and financial management is: £9600
https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/business-management-msc
https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/financial-management-msc#about

Flood Risk management is: £9000
https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/flood-risk-management-msc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oluwatobiblack8(m): 10:01am On May 06, 2021
Well done, I've been following this thread from the beginning too and I'm one of the success stories.
I pray that you get your visa and everything works out fine for you and everyone on this thread looking to travel.

My advice for you on the TB test is to get to the IOM centre early irrespective of the time you booked so that you and yours can get settled on time. Make sure you have all the necessary documents (intl passport, proof of payment, and passport photographs) at hand so that you don't have to start looking for places to print and stuffs like that.
Another tip is that if you have a car, don't go with it, instead go with uber or another mode of transport to prevent you from wasting precious time looking for a parking spot (However, you might be able to get a parking spot for 500 from boys). The whole TB test process took me about 3 hours from start to waiting to finish but it was worth it in the end and I got my result immediately.

Feel free to ask me any question on the thread as I'm currently in London and might be able to give you some answers about life after you get your visa.
Good luck!!!

Thanks so much. That information is a great for IOM is a saving grace already.

I was able to book for 5th of July. But couldn't book for my child as his pasport isn't out yet. I was thinking of just going with him after payment and explain, but having his Passport at hand. Is that a good move?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oluwatobiblack8(m): 10:03am On May 06, 2021
tahyorfrosh:

Well done, I've been following this thread from the beginning too and I'm one of the success stories.
I pray that you get your visa and everything works out fine for you and everyone on this thread looking to travel.

My advice for you on the TB test is to get to the IOM centre early irrespective of the time you booked so that you and yours can get settled on time. Make sure you have all the necessary documents (intl passport, proof of payment, and passport photographs) at hand so that you don't have to start looking for places to print and stuffs like that.
Another tip is that if you have a car, don't go with it, instead go with uber or another mode of transport to prevent you from wasting precious time looking for a parking spot (However, you might be able to get a parking spot for 500 from boys). The whole TB test process took me about 3 hours from start to waiting to finish but it was worth it in the end and I got my result immediately.

Feel free to ask me any question on the thread as I'm currently in London and might be able to give you some answers about life after you get your visa.
Good luck!!!

Thanks so much. That information is a great for IOM is a saving grace already.

I was able to book for 5th of July. But couldn't book for my child as his pasport isn't out yet. I was thinking of just going with him after payment and explain, but having his Passport at hand. Is that a good move?

By the way, that YouTube video is dope. What camera and lense did you used?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by toben1122: 10:46am On May 06, 2021
Hello everyone , i need your help, i have admission to Coventry university and Birmingham city university, please which is better in terms of part time jobs: as i will be paying my rent my self, in terms of rent, food, social life, transport and education. which school as the most Nigerians
please i need answers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tajmal: 11:03am On May 06, 2021
Hello house,
Had anyone applied for Computing at Teeside University and got admission?

Kindly share your experience please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kluv2011(m): 11:15am On May 06, 2021
Please is there anyone here who apply to Ulster University in Birmingham?
I applied for Extended Master Degree in Marketing. Have gotten my conditional offer and submit my SOP and CV. I want to know if anyone apply to the same school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by EddieMurphie: 12:08pm On May 06, 2021
EddieMurphie:
Sheffield Hallam University students, who has obtained CAS for September entry?

How long did you wait for pre CAs interview from the day your payment was confirmed till the day of interview.

Hmmmm, pretty fast. Pre-CAS interview mail came in 24hrs after payment. Make man go prepare oooo cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by otunbanimi: 12:44pm On May 06, 2021
Good day,

please how do i go about swearing an affidavit? there is a wrong DOB on my Waec result.

i heard that court are on strike.

what is the best way to go about this as i have already submitted the result to the school. i just want to forward the sworn affidavit to the school

Sanmigbola:

Use affidavit. That's the only way out.
You need only one affidavit for both corrections not two.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2021
EddieMurphie:

Hmmmm, pretty fast. Pre-CAS interview mail came in 24hrs after payment. Make man go prepare oooo cheesy

How's the interview like? Is it like US embassy interview or its just the school that conducts an interview?

Im a bit confused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by preciousmudia: 1:06pm On May 06, 2021
Use your bank app to transfer then use your passport number as transaction narration.

Deering1008:
Okay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by otunbanimi: 1:08pm On May 06, 2021
who help me please?

Good day,

please how do i go about swearing an affidavit? there is a wrong DOB on my Waec result.

what is the best way to go about this as i have already submitted the result to the school. i just want to forward the sworn affidavit to the school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 1:14pm On May 06, 2021
No point applying with different email,some schools will still link it but there is no rule that says you can't apply for more than a course in a particular sch,just make sure you have experience in all your prospective courses.
Bmuhd4smile:
Hello Everyone, Am waiting for admission in a particular school but now I have a change of mind on the course I applied for initially. Now I intend applying again to the same school but with different email for another course. Whats my likely judgment please.

What's the rules on multi application( diff course) in one school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sanmigbola: 1:46pm On May 06, 2021
otunbanimi:
Good day,

Go to any notary public. They will help you do it

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tossyvickykenny(f): 2:08pm On May 06, 2021
Any information outside Gov.Uk website should be disregarded please. Am saying this because of the statement below that says another website bla bla bla.
You need current information please go to Gov.co.uk website.
"Another website says all Masters student must pass their test at once and not resit"

hosey:

Just saw this:

"
A partner or child who is outside the UK cannot apply for a visa as your Graduate route dependant. They will need to apply as your Student dependant, if eligible, and come to the UK on that basis, then apply for permission to stay in the UK as your Graduate route dependant"

Another website says all Masters student must pass their test at once and not resit"

They are just updating the rules and any current rule now can change. I would advise just wait till after July 1st to see all the final update.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemzzyy: 2:24pm On May 06, 2021
Hi everyone, the uni I applied to has requested to see my previous visa denial letter which was in 2015 before they can give me CAS and I don’t have that letter again, does anyone know how I can access a denial letter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by otunbanimi: 2:25pm On May 06, 2021
Thank you

[quote author=Sanmigbola post=101434893][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vahn: 2:33pm On May 06, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, University of Manchester stated that my WAEC result is outdated and cant be used as an English Language requirement. This was not stated on their page.

What can I do please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ChiefDaddy1: 2:36pm On May 06, 2021
Good day everyone....
Please I am applyimg to University of Hull and can I upload my BSc degree as proof that I was taught in English. Under the options because I dont have a waec just neco result.
And please for those that has gotten admission, how long does it take to for a decision to be made?

Please kindly help !!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kayguy2(m): 2:41pm On May 06, 2021
[quote author=Sanmigbola post=101434893][/quote]

There is a way they do it. go to the high court where ever you are and meet those typist. they do back date it and get it stamp somehow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 2:46pm On May 06, 2021
Yemzzyy:
Hi everyone, the uni I applied to has requested to see my previous visa denial letter which was in 2015 before they can give me CAS and I don’t have that letter again, does anyone know how I can access a denial letter

You didn’t mention the country where you got the refusal so I am assuming it is the UK.

I don’t know how fast you need this letter, however using this link will give you full details of your UK immigration history including the letter you seek. I received mine after 3 weeks of application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration#types-of-request
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Choconilla: 2:53pm On May 06, 2021
Vahn:
Good afternoon everyone, University of Manchester stated that my WAEC result is outdated and cant be used as an English Language requirement. This was not stated on their page.

What can I do please?

Ask them if you can take Duolingo. It is faster and cheaper .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.